Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Dan Skipper will be staying for his senior season

Started by dsgreen, January 12, 2016, 10:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dsgreen

PorkRinds

dsgreen

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 12, 2016, 10:14:25 pm
IIRC he didn't even ask for a draft grade.

There has been a lot of talk of him and Kody Walker going pro in threads about the other guys, so thought it was relevant since there were fears after Pittman's departure.

reddogjcss

rtr

Great news, we've bottomed out and it will be nothing but good news forward. ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hawgmasta

Happy to have some good news! Big Dan will lock down that RT spot.

Mike_e

Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

Hoggish1

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PonderinHog

Grizzlyfan

It would have been a terrible decision but I was actually kind of worried that he might leave.  New coach, another position change.  Sort of starting over with his Oline unit.  It could have been tempting to move on.  I think he made a smart decision.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on January 13, 2016, 09:02:20 am
It would have been a terrible decision but I was actually kind of worried that he might leave.  New coach, another position change.  Sort of starting over with his Oline unit.  It could have been tempting to move on.  I think he made a smart decision.

Position change? Where is CKA  planning to move him?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

nwahogfan1

Quote from: dsgreen on January 12, 2016, 10:12:03 pm
https://twitter.com/danskipper70/status/687049138140090368

Can't believe I didn't see a thread on this, it was posted four hours ago.

I don't think any of us thought he was going any where.  Smart kid. Wants a degree and so coming back to me was a no brainer.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Skipper has a nasty streak that allows him to dominant some DL.  He should be a dominate OL in the SEC.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

OLDHOG

SamBuckhart

BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: dsgreen on January 12, 2016, 10:12:03 pm
https://twitter.com/danskipper70/status/687049138140090368

Can't believe I didn't see a thread on this, it was posted four hours ago.
I never honestly thought he wouldn't. Nothing ever seemed to point to him deciding to leave early although one never knows these days.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Skipper is one dude that can dominant a LOS.
Yep, he is one dominate guy.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

rustr

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 13, 2016, 10:15:03 am
Skipper has a nasty streak that allows him to dominant some DL.  He should be a dominate OL in the SEC.

I c wut u did ther

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Jean Lafitte on January 13, 2016, 10:35:42 am
I c wut u did ther

Finally someone did.

You sir, dominant this message board.
Yep, you are a dominate poster.
His response to me:

thirrdegreetusker

Not surprising. The big guy needs to get just a bit more "athletic". In the NFL, he will face opponents with freaky speed.

He is almost impossible to defeat with a "bull rush" , for obvious reasons. He needs, however, to get just a bit more nimble.

The NewEra

I know our O-Line was disappointed to see Pittman leave, because the liked him, but change can be a very good thing and I hope that is the case with the younger Kurt Anderson coming in.  Our O-Line really underperformed in the first few games this year.  I have a feeling that was because they were just a little too comfortable with Pittman.  If Anderson is as good a coach as I think he is, then our O-Line may experience growth they would not have under Pittman.  I hope that is the case anyway.  I look for some surprises on who is where in next years starting line-up.  Skippers attitude in that tweet is exactly what's needed to take him to the next level of growth.

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 13, 2016, 10:15:03 am
EXACTLY this on the mean streak...and with a few pups coming up to fill a few spots they will learn how to bite and bite hard, very quickly....couldn't have a better mentor for the pups than Big Dan
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 13, 2016, 09:04:37 am
Position change? Where is CKA  planning to move him?
Hasn't there been at least some speculation that Skipper may move from right side to left side?

Grizzlyfan

January 14, 2016, 09:29:15 am #26 Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 10:54:37 am by Grizzlyfan
Quote from: Cletus on January 13, 2016, 06:19:54 pm
He must be a "Skipper back to LT" guy.
I'm not a "skipper to anywhere" guy.  I was speculating as to his thought process about entering the draft.

HogimusMaximus

Need to get some more big hogs for the line.  I thought Bert was good at OL recruiting.

Cartoon Man

supersaint

I saw Skipper in class. He was talking to the professor about hos little buddy.
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.