Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Alex Collins go early in the draft?

Started by SportsLife, January 11, 2016, 11:53:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SportsLife

Or Hunter Henry?

Evin Demirel offers his thoughts on the likable running back, plus a poll...

http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/evin-demirel-blame-alex-collins/

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bennyl08

Hunter goes first, but Collins or Tretola go second and I'm leaning Collins.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

SportsLife

Quote from: bennyl08 on January 11, 2016, 11:57:30 pm
Hunter goes first, but Collins or Tretola go second and I'm leaning Collins.

I agree with you. Collins probably early 3rd? I remember the morning Kirkland signed he said he was looking forward to being a Razorback for 3 years.

ricepig

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2016, 11:56:12 pm
Who the heck is Evin Demirel...........

The dude that came up with the hand tool with 50 something attachments???

Yes, I know the real name.

acey33

he will go somewhere in the late 2nd or early 3rd Round and be a productive RB whatever team picks him

hawginbigd1

HH- late 1st, early 2nd
DK- 3rd round
AC- late 3rd or 4th round
ST- 4th round
Jwill- 5th round
BA- 6th round
my predictions, AC probably worth 2nd round but not these days in the NFL!

gmarv

WizardofhOgZ

I have no idea why, but in a recent (non-homo) dream I had, Brandon Allen was selected by the Chargers late in the draft, where he backed up Rivers for 2-3 years and then took over.

Guess we'll see in 3-4 months.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

From the feel I'm getting, AC should be the dominate RB after Zeke and Henry.

On the other hand, Henry has shown that he can dominant a game.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

Cavtastic Voyage

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 13, 2016, 09:53:44 am
I have no idea why, but in a recent (non-homo) dream I had, Brandon Allen was selected by the Chargers late in the draft, where he backed up Rivers for 2-3 years and then took over.

Do you have so many "homo" dreams that you must clarify between dream types?

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 13, 2016, 10:19:43 am

Ha ha ha . . . no . . . I just know this crowd.  Thought I'd get ahead of the predictable questions/comments . . .

Thanks for confirming.

;)

SooiecidetillNuttgone

This draft should have numerous selectees that will dominant their position.
They will be dominate for years to come.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

code red

"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2016, 11:56:12 pm
Who the heck is Evin Demirel...........

The guy who isn't enough after waking up from surgery?  I mean the pain was so bad evin demirel didn't help. 

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Not just anyone can dominant a draft like that, considering how the RB position has been downgraded.

Yep, he is a dominate player.
His response to me:

texas tush hog

Would not surprise me at all to see a team take him in the second round, at worst early third. Emmitt Smith type back.

Biggus Piggus

Summary of the article (which actually originates on Arkansas Fight), so you don't have to click on it:

Repeated the rumor that Collins got a pre-draft grade of Round 2-3.

High-level recap of his entire Arkansas career from recruitment to end.

Nothing to indicate where Collins might actually go in the draft, or anything else you really need to read.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

BTW - a player who dominates is "dominant." Or, more crudely, "dominating."

There's no such thing as a "dominate" player. Unless you are playing something I don't want to know about.
[CENSORED]!

The Hogfather

smb

If I have to guess it will be the third round and maybe in to the 4th. I just think that their are a lot of teams that need players in various other positions. As far as Hunter goes I think he will go first and probably go in to the 2nd round.
GeorgiaHOG

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2016, 11:20:55 am
BTW - a player who dominates is "dominant." Or, more crudely, "dominating."

There's no such thing as a "dominate" player. Unless you are playing something I don't want to know about.

LOL . . . you're in the wrong thread, "brah" . . .

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=606925.msg10119493#msg10119493

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

The Hogfather

hvsupastar

I just have a feeling Collins isn't go to run the fastest 40 time and they he will drop to 4th round or later. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Virgil

CBS has him listed as the 3rd best RB.  Take it for what its worth.
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

threeNout

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 13, 2016, 12:22:07 pm
I just have a feeling Collins isn't go to run the fastest 40 time and they he will drop to 4th round or later. 

a lot more to it than just the 40 time, I get the feeling after the cone drills and such tests on lateral movement, he could really help himself.

He could fall to the 4th, but it wouldn't even surprise me to see him be the 1st or 2nd back taken, even ahead of D. Henry.

At one point in the NCG, when Clemson's D was really getting penetration, it was pointed out that Henry, being tall and a long strider, had trouble avoiding defenders in the backfield.

Collins isn't the fastest or most powerful back in the draft, but he has enough speed and power, and I think he may have the best vision, instincts, lateral moves and durability than anyone else, plus I bet he gives a great interview and does well on the Wonderlick.

we'll see how it all plays out.

The Hogfather

If he drops to 4th round or below, someone is going to get a major steal.  To me, he is the perfect NFL RB.

k.c.hawg

40 times for running backs in the NFL these days are almost irrelevant if they pass the eye test. If a guy that gets in space can turn it into a 30 yard gain that is all they are looking for.

From the 2015 draft there was one guy that broke 4.5. Several guys from 4.57 to 4.62 had impacts on their NFL teams this year. The couple of guys from the 2014 that have been impact RB's,  Freeman 4.50  J Hill 4.62. No real speedsters in 2013.

Whatever the case, the running backs were still plenty impressive at the combine, even if those who are noted speedsters didn't post record-breaking times or anything of the sort. Michigan State's Jeremy Langford posted the fastest 40-yard dash of all running backs at the combine, completing the drill in 4.42 seconds. He was the only running back to dip below 4.5 seconds, though there were plenty in that range.

If he runs a 4.55 to 4.6 his speed or lack there of will have zero bearing on his draft position unless some GM is channeling Al Davis.

Now granted if a guy with his vision, balance and cutting ability also ran a 4.35, he would be a first rounder for some team but we've all known that wasn't the case. There is no reason why he cannot be a fine NFL back. He is really very close to being the proto type back for todays NFL

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: The Hogfather on January 13, 2016, 11:22:10 am
I hope he DOMINANTS!

+ a gazillion. Finlly someone who finally understands how to be an uneducated hick.
His response to me:

WizardofhOgZ

I agree 100% with this post.  I've predicted that Alex will run a 4.5x at the combine, while simultaneously saying that that is plenty fast to be an effective NFL running back.  In fact, that's the exact kind of speed that one Emmitt Smith had.  Not "elite" speed (DMac, Bo Jackson, Gayle Sayers, Reggie Bush, A.P.), but more than adequate.  Seems like I remember Emmitt popping several 40-50-60 yard house calls throughout his career.  Why?  Because of his vision and feet - and those are the same traits that are Alex's best skills. 

Barring injury, I think A.C. will have a "fine" NFL career - 6-8 years in the League, 4-5k yards, YPC of 4.0 or greater.  Could be a lot more, depending on the team he goes go, their style of offense and who else is on their roster.

Not as sure about JWill.  That is to say that, while I've never been very convicted one way or the other as to which of the two was a 'better" back for us, he's not as easy for me to project into the NFL.  For one reason, it's very hard to know how he will react to this injury.  But, assuming he's over that, I think he can and probably will be an effective back, but I think the style of offense is more important to him than it is to AC.  He's a more downhill runner, although he does have the speed to make the corner from time to time.  And he has more of a "beast mode" (generally) than AC does.

I'll be following both of them closely as they participate in summer camps and then next Fall.  Both have been great ambassadors for the U of A, and I expect they will continue to do so.  Along with Hunter, and Tretola, along with the guys we already have in the League (DMac, Jason Peters, Knile, Mallett, Philon, etc.) we are about to get some major visibility for recruiting purposes.

Quote from: k.c.hawg on January 13, 2016, 01:25:07 pm
40 times for running backs in the NFL these days are almost irrelevant if they pass the eye test. If a guy that gets in space can turn it into a 30 yard gain that is all they are looking for.

From the 2015 draft there was one guy that broke 4.5. Several guys from 4.57 to 4.62 had impacts on their NFL teams this year. The couple of guys from the 2014 that have been impact RB's,  Freeman 4.50  J Hill 4.62. No real speedsters in 2013.

Whatever the case, the running backs were still plenty impressive at the combine, even if those who are noted speedsters didn't post record-breaking times or anything of the sort. Michigan State's Jeremy Langford posted the fastest 40-yard dash of all running backs at the combine, completing the drill in 4.42 seconds. He was the only running back to dip below 4.5 seconds, though there were plenty in that range.

If he runs a 4.55 to 4.6 his speed or lack there of will have zero bearing on his draft position unless some GM is channeling Al Davis.

Now granted if a guy with his vision, balance and cutting ability also ran a 4.35, he would be a first rounder for some team but we've all known that wasn't the case. There is no reason why he cannot be a fine NFL back. He is really very close to being the proto type back for todays NFL

deedster84

If DK is projected as a guard in the NFL, I see him and Tretola both going in 3rd early 4th. Picked close together. Think Alex goes late second and HH late 1st. BA in the 5th. Jwill late 4th early 5th round.

MJ2

HH in 2nd round.    Collins 4th rounder.

RazorNick

Dallas takes HH in the first round and AC in the second. I hope so anyway. HH is the next Jason Witten, and everybody knows how often Dallas picks a TE. Seems as though they draft one every year

lasthog

Quote from: threeNout on January 13, 2016, 12:42:34 pm
a lot more to it than just the 40 time, I get the feeling after the cone drills and such tests on lateral movement, he could really help himself.

He could fall to the 4th, but it wouldn't even surprise me to see him be the 1st or 2nd back taken, even ahead of D. Henry.

At one point in the NCG, when Clemson's D was really getting penetration, it was pointed out that Henry, being tall and a long strider, had trouble avoiding defenders in the backfield.

Collins isn't the fastest or most powerful back in the draft, but he has enough speed and power, and I think he may have the best vision, instincts, lateral moves and durability than anyone else, plus I bet he gives a great interview and does well on the Wonderlick.

we'll see how it all plays out.

Bet:  O'Henry goes in later round than Collins. He will not overpower NFL defenders nor out run them. Also, no holes big enough to drive a truck through will be provided.

Great physical speciman. Long strides, subtle rather than sharp cuts and change of direction will prevent him from being a great  NFL back.

Apparently a fine young man that I wish well, but his flaws will be exposed openly at the next level, and are seen by experts already.

But I actually know I may not have a clue. Just pulling for our guy.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: RazorNick on January 13, 2016, 05:44:53 pm
Dallas takes HH in the first round and AC in the second. I hope so anyway. HH is the next Jason Witten, and everybody knows how often Dallas picks a TE. Seems as though they draft one every year
Dallas is not spending the number 4 pick in the draft on HH! Now at pick 36 you may have something! Witten needs a replacement now! I think Dallas is taking the QB from Cal in the first round!

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2016, 11:19:46 am
Summary of the article (which actually originates on Arkansas Fight), so you don't have to click on it:

Nothing to indicate where Collins might actually go in the draft, or anything else you really need to read.
Thank you... Biggus:1   
                  Shameless and equally desperate attempt to get site traffic: 0

ChitownHawg

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 13, 2016, 09:53:44 am

The fact you quantified the dream does that mean you have gay dreams? Otherwise why mention it. Just sayin.  8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on January 13, 2016, 10:19:43 am

I see I'm not the only smart a$$.  ;D
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 13, 2016, 11:19:46 am

Yep and someone needs to tell Arkansas Sporting Life if you are going to use someone else's article then give them the darn credit. This jerk copied and only provided a "read more" link which is when you find out it is an Arkansas Fight article.

If you are going to blog then know how to credit other people when you use their material.  ::)

LZH

Quote from: ChitownHawg on January 14, 2016, 05:08:56 pm
I see I'm not the only smart a$$.  ;D

Nope, I'm still here.

And for what it's worth, running backs these days aren't being asked to carry the ball 25 times a game for 150 yards like the days when Campbell, Peyton, and Barry Sanders we're rolling up big yardage. Like someone mentioned above, if he can turn a 1 or 2 yard gain into a 10 or 15 yard gain, he will be doing his job.