Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Libert Bowl helmets

Started by fyrfytnrazrbacfan, January 11, 2016, 12:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyro3

Quote from: moses_007 on January 11, 2016, 06:12:59 pm
I've always thought the matte finish helmets look awful.  Go back and look at how nice our shiny helmets looked in the McFadden, Jones and Hillis days.

The Liberty Bowl chrome shiny helmet is a cut above any helmet we've ever had.  I say keep them for all games, home games included.
I am with you, I have been a Hog fan for 60 years, (75 now I came from the west coast) I was converted. best looking helmet ever!

moses_007

I'd like to see a flashier uniform too, to match the helmets.  This is why Oregon and Baylor recruit the boys that they do.  They love the helmets and uniforms.  This is not the 1960s folks. 

I wonder if Alabama would ever change their helmets or uniforms? 

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 11, 2016, 12:21:19 pm
Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

I'm thinking the answer to this question is a resounding "Yes".

intelligence

Quote from: moses_007 on January 11, 2016, 06:17:32 pm
I'd like to see a flashier uniform too, to match the helmets.  This is why Oregon and Baylor recruit the boys that they do.  They love the helmets and uniforms.  This is not the 1960s folks. 

I wonder if Alabama would ever change their helmets or uniforms?

Alabama's UNI's already look beast. As do Arkansas's. My favorite Jersey's were McFadden Era and the 2010 UNI's were very nice. i didn't like the weird cornball uni's from 2011-2014

RazorbackToTheFuture

Lord help us make it through the offseason.

moses_007

Alabama's uniforms still look as traditional as they come, and I've always hated their helmets with just the player's number on the helmets.  Can't Alabama come up with a decent logo for the helmets?

pigture perfect

Quote from: moses_007 on January 11, 2016, 06:26:03 pm
Alabama's uniforms still look as traditional as they come, and I've always hated their helmets with just the player's number on the helmets.  Can't Alabama come up with a decent logo for the helmets?
A single tooth would be perfect.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Sivad

Quote from: Redhogs on January 11, 2016, 01:25:11 pm
Agreed....best looking helmet in college football this year...that's just me though.
Not just you.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 11, 2016, 01:01:14 pm
I think they should make them standard.  Very sharp while preserving the classic look.

I don't particularly like them.

Too gaudy.  Kind of like going to the car dealer to get a decked out Escalade and THEN stopping off at a custom shop to add gold rims, a blower, glowing ground lights, and racing flames.

Furthermore, I've been wanting white helmets with red hogs for about 6 years.  When we finally got them, they looked awesome.  Just really sharp and surgical.  I guess these Christmas Tree helmets have replaced them?
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: Bowfishinghogfan on January 11, 2016, 01:29:28 pm
I have a really cool hog helmet that is one of a kind. I tried posting a pic but it won't let me. I am trying to post directly from my iPhone camera roll. Some may like to see it. Any help with posting a pic is appreciated.

Why won't your helmet let you?
Guess it really is a special helmet.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: gchamblee on January 11, 2016, 01:04:31 pm
as stupid as your question is, im going to give you MY answer. when the tornado sirens go off and my family moves to the lower floor of my home we grab football helmets from the fireplace mantle and put them on just incase. if, god forbid, my home is ever demolished by something like a tornado, there will hopefully be a family wearing denver bronco and arkansas razorback helmets on crawling out of the rubble unharmed. safety does not have to be boring.

now you may continue your mission of being a big suck on a sour lemon.

What he said. And you would look cool climbing out of the rubble with at beautiful helmet on!
Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

gchamblee

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 11, 2016, 05:09:01 pm
What do you wear to keep the 2 X 4's from spearing your torso?

i surround myself with family members and my dog so they can take the blow for me

PonderinHog

Quote from: gchamblee on January 11, 2016, 08:24:16 pm
i surround myself with family members and my dog so they can take the blow for me
Razorback pajamas will protect your body, I'm sure.

Arazorbackguy1

I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Loved the chrome domes.  Hope they use them again.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

riccoar

Chrome was pretty sweet indeed

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: younghog on January 11, 2016, 02:03:28 pm
You guys act like the smite actually effects anyone...  The function is comical at best..

Back to the Thread..

go hogs

Your Comments care comical !  RMPL
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

root_hawg

May have been the only one but really wasn't a fan of the helmets ... looked kind of salad bowlish to me

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: root_hawg on January 12, 2016, 03:05:20 pm
May have been the only one but really wasn't a fan of the helmets ... looked kind of salad bowlish to me

Pork or Poke saladish?
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

GoldenCOHog

Quote from: root_hawg on January 12, 2016, 03:05:20 pm

Ugh.  What kind of salads are you eatin'?  Wow!

woodrow hog call

Would have to be cranberry salad I reckon.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Mike_e

As long as the players like them who cares?

You'd think we have 3000 players on the team to hear some talk, sheesh.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

bcdeputy

I also miss the smite system.

I also really like the white helmets

AirForceHog

I instructed at Sheppard AFB and a class actually bought me a full size helmet. I was floored. But, with that said, I would love a Chrome helmet to pair with it.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

SNORTZENHOGGER

Quote from: Redhogs on January 11, 2016, 01:25:11 pm
Agreed....best looking helmet in college football this year...that's just me though.

^^^^
This... I freakin loved those helmets... they were flashy and shiny... I would buy one too... we get tornadoes in Central Ark too...
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Pork Twain

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 12:16:15 pm
I get it now, a "useless horizontal object" to decorate the man cave with and "pretend" that we're real Razorback players?
Why so nasty?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)