Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Libert Bowl helmets

Started by fyrfytnrazrbacfan, January 11, 2016, 12:00:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

fyrfytnrazrbacfan

Is there anywhere you can purchase a helmet like what was worn during the Liberty bowl?
"Those who say it can't be done should get the he** out of the way of those that's doing it!"  Rev Run

DLUXHOG

Quote from: fyrfytnrazrbacfan on January 11, 2016, 12:00:23 pm
Is there anywhere you can purchase a helmet like what was worn during the Liberty bowl?

Why would anyone want to?   They are protection for the players playing the game........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Torqued pork

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 12:03:42 pm
Why would anyone want to?   They are protection for the players playing the game........
souvenir? conversation piece?

atekido

Why would anyone Not want to.  They are sharp and would make an awesome memorabilia piece.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: atekido on January 11, 2016, 12:12:12 pm
Why would anyone Not want to.  They are sharp and would make an awesome memorabilia piece.

I get it now, a "useless horizontal object" to decorate the man cave with and "pretend" that we're real Razorback players?

The_Iceman

I hope those become our road helmets next year. They look awesome paired with the all-white uni's.

I like the matte finish for the home reds tho.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 12:16:15 pm
I get it now, a "useless horizontal object" to decorate the man cave with and "pretend" that we're real Razorback players?
Someone piss in your Cheerios this morning?

younghog

GO HOGS

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

RME

Hope you graduated from the U of A. Otherwise, give back all your Razorback gear. Pretending you're a real Razorback alum and all...

See how stupid that sounds?

longpig

January 11, 2016, 12:33:11 pm #10 Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 12:57:59 pm by longpig

I don't think buying helmets like the ones used in games will leave players helmetless.  Could be wrong.
Don't be scared, be smart.

GoldenCOHog

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

rwspear

would smite if i could

GolfnHog

apparently the kids are failing PE, the wife has her monthly curse and you're striving to be the "man". Your failures are noted.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

bcdeputy

I get you now... everyone should do what you think is "cool" and "worth it" or they're idiots,  Your the ultimate judge of what a person should own or shouldn't.  Damn!!!  You have a very high opinion of yourself!! 

bcdeputy

That being said... how about offering mini-helmets for fans to purchase?  I'd surely buy a mini helmet

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 11, 2016, 12:18:28 pm
I hope those become our road helmets next year. They look awesome paired with the all-white uni's.

I think they should make them standard.  Very sharp while preserving the classic look.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

gchamblee

Quote from: southarkhog06 on January 11, 2016, 12:21:19 pm

some people insist that those around them be as miserable as they are. just ignore him and move on :) i personally would love to buy one of the helmet to place on my fireplace mantle next to the rest of my sports keepsakes.

gchamblee

as stupid as your question is, im going to give you MY answer. when the tornado sirens go off and my family moves to the lower floor of my home we grab football helmets from the fireplace mantle and put them on just incase. if, god forbid, my home is ever demolished by something like a tornado, there will hopefully be a family wearing denver bronco and arkansas razorback helmets on crawling out of the rubble unharmed. safety does not have to be boring.

now you may continue your mission of being a big suck on a sour lemon.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: rwspear on January 11, 2016, 12:43:55 pm
would smite if i could

WHY is the hell is SMITE's gone again!  SOB
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

Redhogs

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on January 11, 2016, 01:01:14 pm
I think they should make them standard.  Very sharp while preserving the classic look.
Agreed....best looking helmet in college football this year...that's just me though.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

DLUXHOG

Yes, my wife, and my son.....  too long of a story for all of you though, so I won't bore ya'll with the details........

Bowfishinghogfan

I have a really cool hog helmet that is one of a kind. I tried posting a pic but it won't let me. I am trying to post directly from my iPhone camera roll. Some may like to see it. Any help with posting a pic is appreciated.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 01:26:09 pm
Yes, my wife, and my son.....  too long of a story for all of you though, so I won't bore ya'll with the details........

Sounds like someone above already has....

bp

younghog

Quote from: HogScoutMaster on January 11, 2016, 01:07:20 pm
WHY is the hell is SMITE's gone again!  SOB

You guys act like the smite actually effects anyone...  The function is comical at best..

Back to the Thread..

go hogs
GO HOGS

BadHog

Useless, horizontal object.....hmmmm. I get it now!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Tyro3

Quote from: younghog on January 11, 2016, 02:03:28 pm
You guys act like the smite actually effects anyone...  The function is comical at best..

Back to the Thread..

go hogs
I don't  know, if everyone hates you, it could be meaningful.

younghog

Quote from: Tyro3 on January 11, 2016, 02:18:39 pm
I don't  know, if everyone hates you, it could be meaningful.

If u read it as that..

I'm a FAN.. I'm going to talk my opinion and/or type mine.. Not change the tune for a like / smite

~AS SHOULD MOST
GO HOGS

WizardofhOgZ

I loved them, but I hope we will retain them for "special" games in the future . . . big conference games, Bowls and CFP games.  Kind of like Notre Dame and the green jerseys. 

I also really, really like the current red (standard; which is really a satin, not a matte, by the way   ;)), and believe it should be used 95% of the time.

Note the subtle "glow" of the helmets in the light, demonstrating the satin finish:

Here is a picture of cardinal matte helmets; notice how it is "flatter" and reflects less light.  The difference is subtle, but there is a difference.  Just a little more "luster" to the satin finish:

younghog

GO HOGS

pigture perfect

Go to Academy Sports and buy a standard white helmet. Take it to an auto body shop and have them paint the facemask chrome and the helmet the proper # of Red. Then go to a Loves Truck Stop and buy a couple of window decals and stick it on the sides.

You'll come out cheaper.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HighcountryHog

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 11, 2016, 03:18:37 pm
Go to Academy Sports and buy a standard white helmet. Take it to an auto body shop and have them paint the facemask chrome and the helmet the proper # of Red. Then go to a Loves Truck Stop and buy a couple of window decals and stick it on the sides.

You'll come out cheaper.

Bingo. I've got a friend that made one from cheap Wal-Mart supplies.  You would look at it and think  it came from an actual player.
no bumps, no fat chicks

VictoryRedChevy

WizardofhOgZ

BTW (I got a little side-tracked in my post above), here is an option if you want to buy one:

http://www.amazon.com/ARKANSAS-RAZORBACKS-Revolution-Football-CARDINAL/dp/B00HYPSZOW

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: fyrfytnrazrbacfan on January 11, 2016, 12:00:23 pm

Need a large Christmas ornament?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

younghog

GO HOGS

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 11, 2016, 03:34:32 pm
Need a large Christmas ornament?
Like this?  Some have trees full of these.....

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

There are obviously some on Hogville though that could have used a helmet at some point..............................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on January 11, 2016, 03:33:55 pm
BTW (I got a little side-tracked in my post above), here is an option if you want to buy one:

http://www.amazon.com/ARKANSAS-RAZORBACKS-Revolution-Football-CARDINAL/dp/B00HYPSZOW

Wrong helmet................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

So that's what makes it gluten free now........................

P.S. Also discourages Moles.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: bcdeputy on January 11, 2016, 01:00:36 pm
That being said... how about offering mini-helmets for fans to purchase?  I'd surely buy a mini helmet

I actually have three super mini Hog helmet christmas tree ornaments........................... That's what they were made for. Came in a box of three. Really cool ornaments. I wish cars still had radio antennas. I might still have my old plastic car antenna Hog topper somewhere.........................

BirmingHam

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 01:26:09 pm

The factory i worked in shut down the week before Christmas  :'(, I got time; go for it  :(

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: younghog on January 11, 2016, 02:03:28 pm

No more comical than this thread! And being the off season there will be a bunch more comical one's until August!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BadHog on January 11, 2016, 02:16:00 pm
Useless, horizontal object.....

That's what she said.....................................

DLUXHOG

Quote from: BirmingHam on January 11, 2016, 05:05:24 pm
The factory i worked in shut down the week before Christmas  :'(, I got time; go for it  :(

I'm sorry for your issues and, like most, if not all on here, can closely empathize with you.   What part of the country are you in?

BirmingHam

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 11, 2016, 05:06:45 pm
I'm sorry for your issues and, like most, if not all on here, can closely empathize with you.   What part of the country are you in?

Factory was in Fayetteville, I live in Rogers

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: gchamblee on January 11, 2016, 01:04:31 pm
as stupid as your question is, im going to give you MY answer. when the tornado sirens go off and my family moves to the lower floor of my home we grab football helmets from the fireplace mantle and put them on just incase. if, god forbid, my home is ever demolished by something like a tornado, there will hopefully be a family wearing denver bronco and arkansas razorback helmets on crawling out of the rubble unharmed. safety does not have to be boring.

now you may continue your mission of being a big suck on a sour lemon.

What do you wear to keep the 2 X 4's from spearing your torso?

moses_007

I've always thought the matte finish helmets look awful.  Go back and look at how nice our shiny helmets looked in the McFadden, Jones and Hillis days.

The Liberty Bowl chrome shiny helmet is a cut above any helmet we've ever had.  I say keep them for all games, home games included.