Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Welcome Coach Kurt Anderson To The Hog Family

Started by Cartoon Man, January 09, 2016, 06:04:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SamBuckhart

Welcome to Coach Ken Anderson. Looking forward to seeing you work with us. Nice family! Wooo Pig.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

PonderinHog

Quote from: SamBuckhart on January 09, 2016, 10:55:54 pm
Welcome to Coach Ken Anderson. Looking forward to seeing you work with us. Nice family! Wooo Pig.
Kurt  ;)

Paul

If Wiki is correct, his older brother was the '91 Butkus Award winner & his grandfather & father played in the League

TuskFexas

The main concern I've heard is if he can recruit.

Relatively young guy, big personality, strong work ethic, NFL credentials... I bet he'll recruit well.
The smoker I drink, the player I get!

Mitch C

Tell me about the terms of his non compete clause.

bphi11ips

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2016, 08:05:56 pm
I say we take the $250,000 that Pittman is paying us and go buy a couple of 5* OT's!! J/k, sort of, I think, not sure......

What would Auburn do?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

micali

Quote from: Sir Oinksalot on January 09, 2016, 10:20:18 pm

...maybe one of the most awesome places in the US to raise kids.....the schools
are some of the toughest too, Mr. Anderson so, don't think when you go
home your day is done, lmao...

God, I hate to say it but, I really love saying Mr. Anderson..
Nice one

elksnort

Quote from: Cartoon Man on January 09, 2016, 06:08:49 pm
May not seem like a homerun hire, but I trust Coach B.
What IS a home run hire?
Just asking.

Hoggish1

ricepig

Fort Dweller

Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

bphi11ips

bphi11ips

Quote from: elksnort on January 10, 2016, 09:26:23 am
What IS a home run hire?
Just asking.

Prospectively, a homerun hire is defined by resume.  Retrospectively, it is defined by results. 

ricepig

Quote from: bphi11ips on January 10, 2016, 10:51:27 am
Has the price doubled in just 5 years?

Hidden inflation, like everything else you buy/pay for these days.

soooieman

ricepig

OTTER

Quote from: hogfaninmo on January 09, 2016, 06:41:43 pm
"This is a great opportunity for Kurt. Arkansas will be a great fit for him. He is a great young coach with a lot of energy and fire. I loved working with him at the Bills and know players at Arkansas will feel the same." – Chris Gragg, Buffalo Bills TE and former Arkansas Razorback
That's a strong enough endorsement for me!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

RebelliousHog

Making 5 kids? When did he have time to coach?

Dedicated hombre, he is.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on January 09, 2016, 06:29:04 pm
[tweet]685979528611672064[/tweet]

CKA already has me ready to run through a brick wall! I have a great feeling about this bad**$!!🏈😆🙌🏻

Go Hogs.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Justagp

Welcome Coach Anderson! We are looking forward to having you on the hill. :razorback:

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TuskFexas on January 10, 2016, 12:53:43 am
The main concern I've heard is if he can recruit.

Relatively young guy, big personality, strong work ethic, NFL credentials... I bet he'll recruit well.

You didn't hear that concern from the person that matters most. If he was concerned he wouldn't have hired him.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

hoglady

Wonder why it's just a one year contract?

Everything you read - it seems Anderson will be a great fit here.
Seems to relate to his players extremely well, has a good personality and works extremely hard - is their really much else needed to be a good recruiter?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PorkRinds

Quote from: hoglady on January 10, 2016, 10:44:17 pm
Wonder why it's just a one year contract?

Everything you read - it seems Anderson will be a great fit here.
Seems to relate to his players extremely well, has a good personality and works extremely hard - is their really much else needed to be a good recruiter?

I haven't read that, but if it is only one year, I'm betting he's being given a chance to succeed, but if he isn't as good as CBB hoped, he can just not offer a new contract next season.  IF he's great, he can get a better contract next year.

wholehog92

If he stays, it looks like we may have some upcoming talent considering the family history.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

hoglady

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2016, 08:08:16 am
I haven't read that, but if it is only one year, I'm betting he's being given a chance to succeed, but if he isn't as good as CBB hoped, he can just not offer a new contract next season.  IF he's great, he can get a better contract next year.

Contract runs through June of 2017.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

wachhog

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: wachhog on January 12, 2016, 12:03:27 am
Nope.

Saving the screen shot of the above quote and who he was responding too for posterity. And laughs. 🏈🐗

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Anyone have a link to a better, nonofficial, bio? My feeling is that this guy has a great personality for dealing with o linemen like cbb. He resurrected ricky?

hoghearted

Quote from: ricepig on January 10, 2016, 12:42:57 pm
https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/686254801131184128

https://twitter.com/TomMurphyADG/status/686254984195751936

I really like the non- compete clause. Keep the conference from poaching our guys.

Welcome to the pigpen, Coach! Get out there, and round us up some new piglets!
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Hoggish1

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on January 09, 2016, 10:13:40 pm
In a different thread, someone made a joke about KA and BB being ''brothers/twins'' type of thing with comparisons.

I jokingly added ''what about a hot wife''.

Here's what I found with a cursory search:

http://m.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Better-Half-of-the-Bills-Jennifer-Anderson/14ec1d21-7a78-44e1-a0aa-ba925a65e0ed

Very sweet woman.  The kids will love growing up in Fayetteville!

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

nchogg

Welcome Coach Kurt. You have a great team to work with a HC and Offensive coaching staff. A good place to raise your children. Happy to have you and your family.
Go Hogs!

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hog N Bama

Welcome Coach Anderson. Happy to have you on board.  :razorback:

DeltaBoy

Just watched his introduction interview from Whole Hog Sports.

He will be great here at Arkansas.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

longpig

I'm sure he's a good hire, do hope he stops trying to be funny though. 
Don't be scared, be smart.