Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All things PREAKNESS thread!

Started by HogFanInBryant, May 11, 2017, 08:56:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFanInBryant

Ok I'll start...Time to put the KD in the rear view and put the Preakness in the now!
I say CE is the only one who can beat AD.  I do think CMM is a talented horse, but if he couldn't beat CE at 1 1/8 I don't see any way he can beat him, much less AD at 1 3/16.  LAL is more than likely gonna bounce on a dry track in my opinion.
Thoughts?
I'll hang up and listen...

The Hogfather

CE gets all of my money if he runs.  Hope to get a good price, as everyone else loads up on the "superstar". 

userpick

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 11, 2017, 09:50:35 pm
CE gets all of my money if he runs.  Hope to get a good price, as everyone else loads up on the "superstar".

Why is superstar in quotations? He just won the derby going away.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: The Hogfather on May 11, 2017, 09:50:35 pm

He's running for sure unless he gets hurt or sick.  AD's slow time was only because he didn't have to run faster to win.  I'm not calling AD an AP, but he is a serious contender to win the TC in my opinion...and should still be respected even though this appears to be a lackluster group of 3 year olds. 

HogFanInBryant

This is a bit off topic in this thread...but if the connections of BOM don't put him in a grade 1 mile race in the next few months they need to be investigated for insanity in my opinion.

The Hogfather

Quote from: userpick on May 11, 2017, 10:12:42 pm
Why is superstar in quotations? He just won the derby going away.

Because many people think he is, but I don't.  I think he's a nice horse that had everything go his way for the KD.  He has a chance to prove me wrong and take away the quotations.  I think he loses the Preakness and doesn't run in the Belmont.

mckinneyhog5

These are are 3 y.o.'s capable of major improvements from race to race. The Preakness should be an interesting race to say the least but wont be a huge payout. Hopefully the track will be dry and fast.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

sooiepig_12

Cloud Computing taking a lot of money early.  Watched a replay of the Wood Memorial looked like he may have flattened out at the end.

oldman1015

$20 exacta with Dreaming over Conquest Mo Money and Gunnevera
Arkansas, the left lane state.

HogFanInBryant

May 18, 2017, 08:49:18 pm #9 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 09:49:02 pm by HogFanInBryant
If the track is dry and everyone gets a fair trip, it should be about 5 lengths minimum back from CE and AD.  Coin flip if you ask me between those 2, they are far superior animals to the rest.  I hate betting exactas that don't pay much, but I might have to put them in a $75 exacta box!

heavylifting

kingoftherapids

May 19, 2017, 04:49:36 am #11 Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:09:12 am by kingoftherapids
my p5 as of now:
9th race: 4-5 (thinking of singling whitmore)
10th race: 2-6-7
11th Race: 1-2-6-9-10
12th Race: 2-3-4-7-10
13th race: 4-5 (thinking of singling AD as well... userpick, holler at me...)

sooiepig_12

.50 tri Preakness
1,5,6 with 1,5,6,10 with 1,2,4,5,6,8,10

Iwastherein1969

After the ARK DERBY I was extremely impressed with CMoMoney....then came a rather boring Derby which I didn't bet (maybe that's why it was boring, what's that gambling problem number?)   anyway, watching the clips on Always Dreaming this week, that horse looks 'on the muscle'...big time....the horse has the talent to win, my only problem with him has always been his trainer....Pletcher trains the ISH out of his horses and look at all of his horses, they all have time off when they should be making money...why ?  Pletcher, unlike Laz Barrera (trainer of triple crown champion, Affirmed) always said, "don't squeeze the lemon too hard or you'll run out of juice"....I think Pletcher has a very firm grip on that lemon.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

porkinsons disease

I'm having a hard time betting a 3yo at 4-5. Someone "convince" me
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

jdelo77

Random thoughts ...

-looking at Lee bounces
-I don't like multiplier at all
-Classic empire should run well
-I hope gunnervera improves
-it's Always dreamings race to lose

Here's how I'm betting

$5 ext box 4,5
Tri 4,5/2,4,5,6,10/2,3,4,5,6,9,10

Good luck

HogFanInBryant

I'll say it again...AD and CE in an exacta box.  Won't pay much but these 2 should run off and hide from the rest.  I am torn because I want to root for our Ark Derby champ, but I also want to have a Triple Crown on the line in 3 weeks because it is so good for the sport.  I'm pretty sure I'll settle on a $50 exacta box with AD and CE, maybe more if I win a few races on the undercard.

userpick

Always Dreaming over Cloud Computing, Gunnevera

mckinneyhog5

Can't believe most aren't mentioning Hence...maybe because of his Derby but I didn't expect much from him in the KD. Today's a new day and a new race. With that said I like CE, Hence or Conquest MO Money to upset AD. No way I'm betting the chalk in this race. I'll take the three above mentioned in ex's, tri and super.

3,5,10/3,4,5,10 $5 ex part wheel cost $45
3,5,10/3,4,5,10/3,4,5,10 $1 tri part wheel cost $18
3,5,10/3,5,10/3,4,5,10/all .50 super cost $42.00

Total cost $105

GL to all horses,jockies and players today!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on May 20, 2017, 01:13:40 pm
Can't believe most aren't mentioning Hence...maybe because of his Derby but I didn't expect much from him in the KD. Today's a new day and a new race. With that said I like CE, Hence or Conquest MO Money to upset AD. No way I'm betting the chalk in this race. I'll take the three above mentioned in ex's, tri and super.

3,5,10/3,4,5,10 $5 ex part wheel cost $45
3,5,10/3,4,5,10/3,4,5,10 $1 tri part wheel cost $18
3,5,10/3,5,10/3,4,5,10/all .50 super cost $42.00

Total cost $105

GL to all horses,jockies and players today!

Id almost book a bet on hence. Haha. ALMOST

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: userpick on May 20, 2017, 01:28:57 pm

Id almost book a bet on hence. Haha. ALMOST
Remember when Oxbow won the Preakness? Everyone gave up on him after the KD. I didn't and it payed off handsomely. I also didn't bet him in the KD like I didn't bet Hence in the KD.

cbhawg03

Quote from: kingoftherapids on May 19, 2017, 04:49:36 am
my p5 as of now:
9th race: 4-5 (thinking of singling whitmore)
10th race: 2-6-7
11th Race: 1-2-6-9-10
12th Race: 2-3-4-7-10
13th race: 4-5 (thinking of singling AD as well... userpick, holler at me...)

Hopefully you singled Whitmore and went 4-5 in Preakness. 

Thought Whitmore was best bet over the two days.

But left off Proctor on turf, tough beat.  Think he is one of the best turf trainers around. 

cbhawg03

Race 12: double 7,8,9,10 w 3,6

Pick 3 7,8,9,10 w 3,6 w 3,7,8,9

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: cbhawg03 on May 20, 2017, 04:05:47 pm
Race 12: double 7,8,9,10 w 3,6

Pick 3 7,8,9,10 w 3,6 w 3,7,8,9
I'm worried about leaving the 6 off my tickets but only because Mike Smith, my favorite jock, is up. It's the only horse that would make me kick myself if he runs 1st or 2nd. Couldn't bet them all and it was between the 3 or the 6. Just think it's hard for closers in the Preakness. Conquest Mo Money could steal this race if he gets an easy early lead but his jock may panic and use him up to early.

mckinneyhog5

That's gonna be a nice tri with the 7 finishing 3rd

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on May 20, 2017, 05:57:12 pm
That's gonna be a nice tri with the 7 finishing 3rd
Just shy of $1100 for a $1 tri.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: sooiepig_12 on May 18, 2017, 12:47:56 pm
Cloud Computing taking a lot of money early.  Watched a replay of the Wood Memorial looked like he may have flattened out at the end.
Guess not...with 6 weeks rest he barely beat CE. That's why they call it The Test of Champions.

HogFanInBryant

Never saw this result, AD shocked the crap out of me to run outta gas that early.  I think CE wins if he wouldn't have pushed him so much early but so goes horse racing.  Congrats to the winner, the connections seem like good folks...

hoglady

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on May 20, 2017, 06:16:13 pm
Never saw this result, AD shocked the crap out of me to run outta gas that early.  I think CE wins if he wouldn't have pushed him so much early but so goes horse racing.  Congrats to the winner, the connections seem like good folks...

The TV handicapper that picked CE before the race said the only thing that worried him was the owner and trainer told the jockey to put some pressure on Always Dreaming and he hoped the jockey would be patient and not push him too much early. Guy was dead on.
Still that was a heck of a race.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

holeinthewall

I did my good deed at Oaklawn yesteryear. Couple guys next to me were throwing together an early P4 ticket and had walked in after me not knowing he scratches. As they finished I said the 15 in the 6th race drew in.   They said thanks and added that horse and dropped another horse they had on their ticket.  Only paid $143 but it beats losing.
QuoteThought Whitmore was best bet over the two days.

I singled him. Didn't help though as I didn't hit the P5. I had to laugh listening to the guys on TVG as only Christina picked Whitmore to win the race.  All of them talking about how he hadn't beaten anyone and couldn't close into a softer pace.  Hopefully they keep him at 6F all year.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: hoglady on May 20, 2017, 09:40:12 pm
The TV handicapper that picked CE before the race said the only thing that worried him was the owner and trainer told the jockey to put some pressure on Always Dreaming and he hoped the jockey would be patient and not push him too much early. Guy was dead on.

It'll sure be interesting to see who points for the Belmont and who doesn't...nobody in this race looked like they want much to do with 1.5 miles other than the winner.

HogFanInBryant

Conquest Mo $ and Hence are both basically Sunland Park Derby horses...from now on it will take a miracle for me to give that race much credibility.  Firing Line even ended up being a joke after he freaked in the KD a few years back.

userpick

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on May 21, 2017, 09:28:00 am
It'll sure be interesting to see who points for the Belmont and who doesn't...nobody in this race looked like they want much to do with 1.5 miles other than the winner.

I'm really not sure Cloud Computing will run in the Belmont. He didn't run in the derby because Chad didn't think he could go that far. I really didn't get the impression yesterday that he wanted to go much longer either. But the crop isn't very good so maybe he will run in it

riccoar

I would think Belmont would be in CE's wheel house.  Definitely a track for a closer and with so much promise coming into the TC races, you would think they would like to at least win one of them. 

oldman1015

Quote from: riccoar on May 25, 2017, 07:36:35 am
I would think Belmont would be in CE's wheel house.  Definitely a track for a closer and with so much promise coming into the TC races, you would think they would like to at least win one of them. 
I'm pretty sure the Belmont won't get any of my money. With this crop of 3 year olds I just have no idea.
Arkansas, the left lane state.

kingoftherapids

Quote from: riccoar on May 25, 2017, 07:36:35 am
Belmont is usually won by horses on or near the pace. this year i am looking at two things. middle to front of pack and breeding that will like the distance. if there isn't something there then i will not play

riccoar

Quote from: kingoftherapids on May 25, 2017, 01:42:50 pm
Belmont is usually won by horses on or near the pace. this year i am looking at two things. middle to front of pack and breeding that will like the distance. if there isn't something there then i will not play
That's CE.  What they did with him in the Preakness was dumb.  He used up his tank just to bury AD.  Although, I've not checked if any KD horses skipped Preakness to point to Belmont.

userpick

Quote from: riccoar on May 25, 2017, 01:58:24 pm
That's CE.  What they did with him in the Preakness was dumb.  He used up his tank just to bury AD.  Although, I've not checked if any KD horses skipped Preakness to point to Belmont.

Elite horses win that race. He's a very possible winner in the Belmont, but he's not getting a dime of mine to win.

jdelo77

Payouts in the Belmont should blow up the tote board !!

HogFanInBryant

The Belmont won't be stolen on the front end.  I'll dig for something that can sit back and make a good run with breeding to get the distance.  You have to throw out the speed figs in the Belmont this year because they all pretty much suck...and some horse who hasn't broken the high 80s can jump up and run big at the 1.5 mile distance.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: hoglady on May 20, 2017, 09:40:12 pm
a good reason that the owners should own, the trainer's should train and the riders should ride....owners getting involved in the strategy of any race is, well, just not good
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HogFanInBryant

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 29, 2017, 12:02:02 pm
a good reason that the owners should own, the trainer's should train and the riders should ride....owners getting involved in the strategy of any race is, well, just not good

Agreed 100%  CE may have won handily if he was allowed to sit back a bit and make his run in the final turn.  No way is CC a better horse at 1 3/16 than CE is...just my opinion.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HogFanInBryant on May 29, 2017, 07:44:22 pm
Agreed 100%  CE may have won handily if he was allowed to sit back a bit and make his run in the final turn.  No way is CC a better horse at 1 3/16 than CE is...just my opinion.
He's not, much like Birdstone wasn't a better horse then Smarty Jones was.