Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Motorcycle riding the Ozarks

Started by southhog, July 02, 2016, 09:29:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southhog

Dad & I would like to cruise the Ozarks. What are the not miss scenic highways? Would like to stay atleast a night or two near a lake or river to swim some. Would be coming up from south arkansas.

Torqued pork

Highway 7 from Hot Springs Village to Dardanelle is a nice route with Nimrod Lake as a rest stop and picnic area. Further north you can take the Pig Trail. Those are my two favorite rides in Arkansas.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Torqued pork on July 03, 2016, 08:56:32 pm
Highway 7 from Hot Springs Village to Dardanelle is a nice route with Nimrod Lake as a rest stop and picnic area. Further north you can take the Pig Trail. Those are my two favorite rides in Arkansas.

Actually, I would recommend that you start on HWY 7 at Lead Hill to the north and head south to I-40............ In the FALL !.....(probably the most beautiful stretch of hwy in the US)............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

HawgWild

Hwy 21 up from Clarksville into Boxley then on to Ponca and back over to Jasper on 74 then down 7 is pretty nice.

Inhogswetrust

Stay off Hwy 16 if you are a coach....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

bennyl08

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

hog.goblin

I agree with others, would go up 43 and down 7 or vice versa, just south of Harrison and north of I40

holeinthewall

I was out in Paris Ark this summer and decided to make the trip down over Mt Magazine and all the way to Hot Springs with the top down. Great drive. I had no idea there were so many little lakes hidden up in the mountains. need to make another trip when I have time to stop.

pigture perfect

Clarksville north on 103, Oark General Store is a must stop. Oldest active store west of the Mississippi. Great burgers and stuff. Through Boxley then highway 23. Stop at Turners Bend on the Mulberry river for a swim and food again. Beautiful scenery. Lots of Forrest canopy.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DLUXHOG

Quote from: hog.goblin on August 17, 2016, 01:05:08 pm
I agree with others, would go up 43 and down 7 or vice versa, just south of Harrison and north of I40

Actually if you begin where HWY 7 starts, at the Lead Hill Public Use area on Bull Shoals Lake, north of Harrison, and then head down toward I-40 on HWY 7, if you ride in the fall, you'll be amazed by the color and the beauty....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)