Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017-18 Razorback Bracketology Tracker

Started by jbcarol, April 27, 2017, 11:50:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Randohoggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 03:39:57 pm
Rpi is incredibly flawed. It doesn't show the whole picture at all. Its importance is at an all time low. The committee uses many factors for a reaxon.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/mens-basketball-selections-101-selections

As I said above, I am aware of that, but when you take certain factors of RPI like SoS and split them out ... that is entirely pointless.  If they are putting less emphasis on RPI, then they certainly aren't putting MORE emphasis on individual factors in RPI like SoS.

Besides, the original point was that the guy said Arkansas' resume "isn't close" to Florida, and that is entirely wrong.

Supermark101

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 03:42:20 pm
As I said above, I am aware of that, but when you take certain factors of RPI like SoS and split them out ... that is entirely pointless.  If they are putting less emphasis on RPI, then they certainly aren't putting MORE emphasis on individual factors in RPI like SoS.

Besides, the original point was that the guy said Arkansas' resume "isn't close" to Florida, and that is entirely wrong.

Its not pointless. The committee looks at EVERYTHING. I broke down why we have such a large lead in the rpi. Its he exact opposite in BPI.

Depanding on what the committee chooses to value more, there resume could be better.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Rome26 on March 11, 2018, 11:44:07 am
Lunardi has Miami and TCU as 6 seeds. We have better resumes than both of those teams so I'm kind of confused on why he have them with a higher seed.

Not sure for Miami, but best guess Re: TCU is that he has Auburn as the 3 seed there and so he swapped us and TCU to avoid a potential round 2 sec/sec matchup.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 03:48:59 pm
Its not pointless. The committee looks at EVERYTHING. I broke down why we have such a large lead in the rpi. Its he exact opposite in BPI.

Depanding on what the committee chooses to value more, there resume could be better.

My understanding is that the BPI is not considered at all at this point, although I could be wrong about that.

Randohoggie

Quote from: Supermark101 on March 11, 2018, 03:48:59 pm

I will add this ...

If the committee is devaluing the RPI, it is unlikely that they are emphasizing the SoS from the RPI, as it depends on all the other calculations used in the RPI formula.

rljjr

I have it on good authority that we will end our season with 27 wins. Seed us where you want, because there are 4 wins coming. I'd call that a great season.

jbcarol

Shelby Mast
‏Verified account @BracketWAG
1h1 hour ago

Remember, my bracket is based on what I think the committee might do, not what I think should be, remember that as you peruse my final bracket - now posted, a popular team has dropped out for me thanks to Davidson. I am not expecting to do well, it is what it is. blah
http://www.bracketwag.com  Last updated 03/11/2018 02:17 PM Central Time

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

BannerMountainMan

The one and only Eric Haslam put out his final pre tourney bracket
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hawginbigd1

Supermark101

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 04:07:56 pm
I will add this ...

If the committee is devaluing the RPI, it is unlikely that they are emphasizing the SoS from the RPI, as it depends on all the other calculations used in the RPI formula.

Then why does Florida trail us by so much in the RPI with a much better SOS. It's not the only factor in the RPI

Quote from: Randohoggie on March 11, 2018, 04:06:06 pm
My understanding is that the BPI is not considered at all at this point, although I could be wrong about that.

Read the link i posted. It's used for the first time this year. I'm gonna stop debating this with you. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about

jbcarol

tennesseehogwild

jbcarol

jbcarol

Quote from: galactivation on February 25, 2018, 03:41:38 pm
how is Michigan St not a 1 seed??

Did not play and win many Tier 1 games.  Round of 32 type.