Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Norvel better have killed someone

Started by Wooderson, December 05, 2017, 09:27:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JONAS

Quote from: Wooderson on December 05, 2017, 10:20:13 pm
So the interim AD made an offer without approval and the GOBN squashed her to wait on Gus?

Jimmy should have told Lane that he was just working Auburn to get Gus a raise. 

SooieGeneris

Quote from: duckman on December 05, 2017, 10:25:54 pm
For those questioning this, a hypothetical question....

Lets says there were some damning pics or information that suggested misconduct towards women.   Lets say two years into his new job this came out.  In today's climate what would happen?  Answer:  Petrino 2.0.....

Why would he still be at Memphis?  Because he is already there and nothing has been publically alleged....

So in this hypothetical did the alleged incident(s) happen in the city just east of W. Memphis, where the AZ Cardinals play, or one that starts with "T" located in a state just to our west?

If you prefer to PM, that's fine, I'm just curious as to why a young coach with his resume can't even seem to get an interview with a Power 5 school.

When PRJ asked the one poster if he had watched the news lately, I have a pretty good idea what he was talking about. Thanks
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Semohog

These responses are exactly why we have sucked for the last 5 yrs. We have the morality police running rampant.

PorkSoda

Quote from: FrJoseph on December 05, 2017, 09:33:04 pm
It was more than just gambling. Also, don't look at the wins and losses. SMU has had 4 winning seasons the last 20 years. Morris has had 1 of those.

Fr Joe
the guy he he replaced was responsible for the other 3.

Morris got the job by process of elimination. 
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

southeasthog

Quote from: mboot on December 06, 2017, 12:18:24 am
These responses are exactly why we have sucked for the last 5 yrs. We have the morality police running rampant.

And people like you who would go through what Ole Miss is just for a couple of good seasons is why this site is unreadable.

Tigerfan11

Quote from: Roaringboar on December 05, 2017, 09:38:34 pm
Because he's only had two years of experience in the AAC, and he was by far no Scott Frost........Besides, the other hires everyone has made have been HUGE......and I think Ole Miss didn't even try because of sanctions....they knew it would be hard to get and keep a coach......they got out pretty early, and Miss State, Florida, A&M, and Florida State got one of their top targets right off......Miss State's might've been a surprise, but I'm sure they've been planning for a Mullen departure for a couple of years now......

dont get too high on scott frost. i think he is a good coach; however, hes on that tom herman trail. neither have ever been successful without a good qb. i think scott benefited from mckenzie milton a ton(whom he recruited when at oregon). the foundation was there at ucf. look at the last 5 years there. yes they went 0-12 in 2015 but had a bad qb and ZERO running game. people make it sound like frost built a program. all he did was recruit the type of kids ucf commonly recruited. not saying hes not a good coach, but the foundation was there.

2013: 12-1
2014: 9-4
2015: 0-12
(f)2016: 6-7
(f)2017: 12-0