Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALERT. TENNESSEE BOARDS SAY KIFFIN IS COMING

Started by WalHog2018, December 05, 2017, 02:45:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CaliforniaHawg

Oregon is easier to recruit to - BY FAR.

But Eugene is truly a shithole and Lane has been there many times as a visitor. I really doubt he wants to set up shop living in Eugene, Oregon for the foreseeable future.

WalHog2018

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 05, 2017, 03:11:13 pm
Hahahahaha oh pawpaw, you don't get out much do you?

Fayetteville sells itself to 30 something's with a kid on the way and a white collar job.

Much tougher sell to college kids wanting to enjoy 4 years of college
Dickson is much more fun than freaking Eurgene Oregon

WalHog2018

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 05, 2017, 03:12:08 pm
Oregon is easier to recruit to - BY FAR.

But Eugene is truly a shithole and Lane has been there many times as a visitor. I really doubt he wants to set up shop living in Eugene, Oregon for the foreseeable future.
so it's a terrible place to live but easy to recruit? Got it

rljjr

This is an OUTSTANDING troll effort by Tenner. Well played.

Uncommon

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:11:08 pm
yea ok #FakeNews
Lol.  Ok.  Keep doing god's work searching 'Lane Kiffin' on Twitter and copying and pasting any tweet related to Arkansas.

OtterHog

Quote from: rljjr on December 05, 2017, 03:13:01 pm

We get it. You don't like Kiffin.

WalHog2018

Quote from: rljjr on December 05, 2017, 03:13:01 pm
and I guess journalists on twitter. But believe what you want

(notOM)Rebel123

"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

d3maybe

This could be the grandest display of asshattery yet... if you believe for even a nano second that Kiffin and Venables could both come at the same time, or ANYTHING from a Tennessee board could be even close to truthful, you need to go back to sniffing your glue... there is less than zero chance of that happening. There is just as good of a chance Jimmy Johnson will be our next head coach with Bill Belichick as the OC... which is 0

Calvin Swine

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 05, 2017, 03:10:53 pm
I'm not arguing and I'd pick Fayetteville over pretty much anywhere in the country. But the sad truth is we DO need some of those kids. Can't argue that Nike helps Oregon's recruiting.

This is accurate.  They've had more recent success and currently have more cache than Arkansas.

onebadrubi

Quote from: OtterHog™ on December 05, 2017, 03:07:25 pm
I did not SEE Long pack his office.

But yes, a family friend that works for the AD's office helped pack his office late the night before.

BUT, unlike 99% of Hogville, I did not post until it was confirmed by a credible source. Wish more would follow suit.

Haha and my post was said jokingly of course!

HawgSZN

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:10:35 pm
we are a Nike school

BIG difference in being a sponsored NIKE school and having the founder of NIKE on your board
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

WalHog2018

Quote from: d3maybe on December 05, 2017, 03:13:50 pm
This could be the grandest display of asshattery yet... if you believe for even a nano second that Kiffin and Venables could both come at the same time, or ANYTHING from a Tennessee board could be even close to truthful, you need to go back to sniffing your glue... there is less than zero chance of that happening. There is just as good of a chance Jimmy Johnson will be our next head coach with Bill Belichick as the OC... which is 0
are you saying jimmy might be coach? Sources?

WalHog2018

Quote from: HawgSZN on December 05, 2017, 03:14:32 pm
BIG difference in being a sponsored NIKE school and having the founder of NIKE on your board
what's the difference? They get different fabrics or something

bjeffersonhog

Quote from: Holmes501 on December 05, 2017, 02:54:43 pm
Cool, cant wait to hire another coach in 3 years when he leaves.

Do people not understand that even if he leaves in 3 years for a "better job" that the only way he is getting offered that job is because he has turned our program around? That means we will have talent already on campus for the next coach.  It also means that it will be a more attractive job to the available candidates then it is right now.  If we had to fire him in 3 years it is a different story, but if a coach leaves you in a better place then when he got here you have to consider it to be a succesful hire.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 05, 2017, 02:50:55 pm
These are just random people on twitter with a few people following them. Anyone credible?

I would ask that question about everyone linked in this thread...and everyone in practically every thread on Hogville right now.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

hogfan446

So, why have all the other Kiffin rumor threads been sent to the trash, yet this one is still in the Coaching Forum?

WalHog2018

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on December 05, 2017, 03:16:21 pm
I would ask that question about everyone linked in this thread...and everyone in practically every thread on Hogville right now.
too bad I linked actual journalists

WalHog2018

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 05, 2017, 03:16:45 pm
So, why have all the other Kiffin rumor threads been sent to the trash, yet this one is still in the Coaching Forum?
cause we have sources

WalHog2018

Quote from: WoooPigNation on December 05, 2017, 03:17:42 pm
And lets be honest, there are not a lot of better jobs than Arkansas, especially long term.  Maybe a handful in the SEC and Clemson, but Lane has been an NFL coach, Tenner, and USC coach. I think he has to be settling down.
looking for a nice thiq Arkansas girl

hogfan446

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:17:15 pm
cause we have sources

LOL, who has sources?  All of us looking at the guy on Twitter? 

I guess I am asking... has a MOD confirmed something since this hasn't been File 13'd?

WalHog2018

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 05, 2017, 03:18:29 pm
LOL, who has sources?  All of us looking at the guy on Twitter? 

I guess I am asking... has a MOD confirmed something since this hasn't been File 13'd?
PRJ did..

dpetty121263

The Media is more clueless than these folks tweeting, fact is nobody knows for sure and if someone outside the circle does they are not speaking...

WalHog2018

Quote from: dpetty121263 on December 05, 2017, 03:19:29 pm
The Media is more clueless than these folks tweeting, fact is nobody knows for sure and if someone outside the circle does they are not speaking...
AMEN

hogfan446

HawgSZN

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:15:12 pm
what's the difference? They get different fabrics or something

He builds state of the art facilities for them, and gives them an endless supply of Nike gear. Oregon started the alternate Jersey trend. It helps with recruiting which is why the rest of the country started doing the same.

HogPharmer

Quote from: Calvin Swine on December 05, 2017, 03:14:05 pm
This is accurate.  They've had more recent success and currently have more cache than Arkansas.

Key word is "currently". People are trying to argue that Arkansas is traditionally a better program. I agree. But the fact is that CURRENTLY, Oregon is better. At least that's how recruits see it.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

OtterHog

Quote from: onebadrubi on December 05, 2017, 03:14:24 pm
Haha and my post was said jokingly of course!

Oh I know, but Hogville has become CNN with the fake news and I wanted to clarify.

WalHog2018

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 05, 2017, 03:19:52 pm
As this post went up or before?  Why doesn't PRJ enlighten us?
he did. Read the thread

WalHog2018

Quote from: HawgSZN on December 05, 2017, 03:19:59 pm
He builds state of the art facilities for them, and gives them an endless supply of Nike gear. Oregon started the alternate Jersey trend. It helps with recruiting which is why the rest of the country started doing the same.
we already have that stuff

Hog Waller

Quote from: hogfan446 on December 05, 2017, 03:16:45 pm

Because Lanny is using the thread as an IQ test.  Anyone who remotely appears to believe the Tenner forum or these random tweets will summarily be banned from Hogville.

GO

Quote from: Holmes501 on December 05, 2017, 02:54:43 pm
Cool, cant wait to hire another coach in 3 years when he leaves.

If he does it will mean he is winning big and someone paid us a huge buyout

WalHog2018

Quote from: WoooPigNation on December 05, 2017, 03:21:49 pm
Exactly. Oregon was a joke and irrelevant until Chip Kelly arrived and has been in the toilet ever since.  Oregon has only been relevant for 10 years and now they are falling off the map.
yep. It's why they can't even keep Willie taggart

NEA_HogFan

How do you know someone in Tenner didn't read one of the threads about Kiffin on here and jump to conclusions.

CaliforniaHawg

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:12:58 pm
so it's a terrible place to live but easy to recruit? Got it

18-year-olds care more about uniforms and swag than they do about the city they live in, especially considering they probably spend 90% of their time on the campus anyway.

Oregon football has a mystique and draw to teenagers. It's a ** place to live for an adult raising kids.

WalHog2018

Quote from: NEA_HogFan on December 05, 2017, 03:22:47 pm
How do you know someone in Tenner didn't read one of the threads about Kiffin on here and jump to conclusions.
their boosters say it's true

HawgSZN

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:20:51 pm
we already have that stuff

Ours are top notch... but their's are on another level

WalHog2018

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 05, 2017, 03:23:07 pm

18-year-olds care more about uniforms and swag than they do about the city they live in, especially considering they probably spend 90% of their time on the campus anyway.

Oregon football has a mystique and draw to teenagers. It's a ** place to live for an adult raising kids.
we have cool uniforms

hogfan446

WalHog2018

RazorNick

Please let this be true!! It will be one of the best Christmas presents ever

WalHog2018

Quote from: RazorNick on December 05, 2017, 03:26:12 pm
Please let this be true!! It will be one of the best Christmas presents ever
I'm hearing it is..

SPAL

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:20:24 pm
he did. Read the thread

Lol.....using prj as a source is like using Wikipedia for a research paper. Come on man.

WalHog2018

ar_hog_fan

Quote from: WoooPigNation on December 05, 2017, 03:18:33 pm
Also, Lane will do whatever he will to win. I mean the for Christ's sakes the guy fired his day while at USC.

I think you just had a stroke. Call 911

hogfan446

Quote from: WalHog2018 on December 05, 2017, 03:27:48 pm
you're welcome.

Ha... and just to clarify, I really hope it is true.  I am just asking why he doesn't come out and say "I told the Mods, and they are leaving this up because this has legs". 

Kiffin...

PRJ

That isn't much to go on there.

Hogtimes

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 05, 2017, 02:53:08 pm
Kiffin would be the home run of all home run hires.

You serious....would be bad for Arkansas.  Real bad

imtad16

I think the cachet of Kiffin is the only way we, not only, redeem our recruiting class late, but finish in the top 25.

hogblitz