Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May 05, 2024, 01:03:21 am

Art Briles on the radio.

Started by The Archer, December 04, 2017, 09:05:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Archer

Heard that Arkansas might be interested in Art Briles this morning on 99.5. Baylor recently came out and said that they have cleared Art Briles from all of the investigations. He would be someone to consider if he truly wasn't involved in any of those sexual assault cases, in my opinion.
War never leaves you. I watched another man pass away as a direct result of Vietnam in 2019. May God bless his soul, and all of those affected by PTSD.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: The Archer on December 04, 2017, 09:05:48 am
Heard that Arkansas might be interested in Art Briles this morning on 99.5. Baylor recently came out and said that they have cleared Art Briles from all of the investigations. He would be someone to consider if he truly wasn't involved in any of those sexual assault cases, in my opinion.
Art Briles may never coach another down in college football, much less be considered for the Arkansas job.

hoglady

We aren't that stupid or desperate.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

jgphillips3

Nope.  We won't be the one.  Now, someone with money may like his wins, but anyone with sense up there knows we can't do that.

Killean

Quote from: The Archer on December 04, 2017, 09:05:48 am

We would be better off abandoning the football program completely than hiring Art Briles.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

soooieman

They didn't say he was a candidate. Tyler said he thinks he will coach somewhere someday. Not exactly a "hot take"

Scuderia

No, Tyler mentioned that maybe a call should be made .. which surprised me. There was no mention of Arkansas being interested in him. Will never happen..

BCRavens

Sorry, he may have been "cleared" from anything that could get him charged with a crime, but that doesn't mean he wasn't aware of what was happening under his watch. Read the Sports Illustrated report below from four months ago.

"The details of what happened at Baylor under Briles are sickening. At least 52 acts of rape committed by 31 different players between 2011 and '14, including five gang rapes, according to a lawsuit filed earlier this year by a former Baylor student. Multiple instances of Briles and his staff either ignoring or covering up reports of assault and interfering with police investigations. Players not disciplined while victims were encouraged to keep quiet or leave the university. A blind eye toward accepting players with a history of violence toward women. Recruits enticed with alcohol and drugs at off-campus parties, with the coaching staff allegedly paying for women to have sex with them. Under Briles, Baylor's focus was football, no matter what the moral or human cost."
Cub Fan - Bud Man

WPSALLDAY

Art Briles, is not being considered. That was a bs caller with no morals or integrity. If you want a fan base divided, hire that scum bag. You think he didn't have an idea what was going on? Bull crap. I literally heard the guy on the mornin rush call in, no source, no truth here.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Killean on December 04, 2017, 09:10:13 am
We would be better off abandoning the football program completely than hiring Art Briles.
indeed. may as well bond out Sandusky as DC.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HogFansReunited

If for some reason we hired him, I would no longer support the U or A in any way.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

The Kig

Maybe this thread should be named correctly... Or File-13
Poker Porker

k.c.hawg

Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

The Archer

Quote from: WPSALLDAY on December 04, 2017, 09:13:26 am
Art Briles, is not being considered. That was a bs caller with no morals or integrity. If you want a fan base divided, hire that scum bag. You think he didn't have an idea what was going on? Bull crap. I literally heard the guy on the mornin rush call in, no source, no truth here.
I gotcha. I must have misheard. Was on the phone with my dad and semi caught the tail end of what was going on. I thought they said don't be surprised if Arkansas would try to get a package deal with him and his son. Oops. :(
War never leaves you. I watched another man pass away as a direct result of Vietnam in 2019. May God bless his soul, and all of those affected by PTSD.

regi

Our last two Coaches. One hired his mistress, the other,  to put it kindly,  drinks like your most fun frat brother,  at 47. So,  I doubt any risky character hires.

DeltaBoy

Art would have us blacked balled pretty quick.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.