Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auburn Fan Forum Poll On Gus

Started by Old Boar, December 01, 2017, 10:23:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Boar

Fan Poll--should Auburn extend Gus contract
Yes--53%
No--47%

Hard for me to imagine. If a coach (any coach) had Ark in the position they are currently in then said coach could pick where he wanted the new statue placed.

NuttinItUp

menehune

Read further on the comments on that poll.  Most of the recent comments are very pro-Gus.  The earlier ones are prior to the Georgia game...just FYI

hoglady

Quote from: Old Boar on December 01, 2017, 10:23:09 pm
Yes--53%
No--47%

Hard for me to imagine. If a coach (any coach) had Ark in the position they are currently in then said coach could pick where he wanted the new statue placed.

Some of that negative vote may be due to fans pissed about the Gus to Arkansas drama and the fact he hasn't shut that down.
If they lose tomorrow - there will be some Auburn fans that will never forgive him for all this drama leading up to the SEC Championship game.
Can't say as I would blame them, either.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

LRHawg

We'd be livid if we were in the SEC championship tomorrow but were worried we'd lose our coach. Hell, if we won and he left this place would be on suicide watch.

blu

"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

TebowHater

Yes--53%
No--47%

Actually HDN had us in this exact position going into the Florida game in 2006. 10-2, 7-1 in conference. In Atlanta.

People were still ready to see him go. And indeed he was fired the next year after winning 8 regular season games and beating the #1 team in the nation on their home field.

HeyHogs

Take the same poll tomorrow after Georgia beats them like a drum.  90% will say no he doesn't deserve an extension.

MC_Hog

Quote from: HeyHogs on December 01, 2017, 11:13:02 pm
Take the same poll tomorrow after Georgia beats them like a drum.  90% will say no he doesn't deserve an extension.

Georgia will lose by 20....the east sucks

East Clintwood

Yes--53%
No--47%

That's about the normal support level for them.  I don't think any coach there gets much above that level.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

cpohog

Quote from: TebowHater on December 01, 2017, 11:09:15 pm
Actually HDN had us in this exact position going into the Florida game in 2006. 10-2, 7-1 in conference. In Atlanta.

People were still ready to see him go. And indeed he was fired the next year after winning 8 regular season games and beating the #1 team in the nation on their home field.

Nutt was dirty as a mud hole. ALL of the other crap NUTT had going on inside the football program and outside the program is what got him canned. Had nothing to do with record. His moral compass, or lack there of, got him fired.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: cpohog on December 02, 2017, 05:02:59 am
Nutt was dirty as a mud hole. ALL of the other crap NUTT had going on inside the football program and outside the program is what got him canned. Had nothing to do with record. His moral compass, or lack there of, got him fired.

Yes, Arkansas fans correctly directed their righteous moral outrage towards Houston Nutt. Bravo! Dilly-Dilly!! Run his country ass out of town!!!

But a few seasons later when Bobby MF Patrino was caught playing "hide the sausage" with a tall blonde volleyball player...why, all of a sudden, we good Hog fans are forgive and forget Christians.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Dominicanhog

Quote from: cpohog on December 02, 2017, 05:02:59 am
His moral compass, or lack there of, got him fired.

Seems to be our measuring stick,  how moral is their compass?...

jgcat4

If I'm not mistaken that poll started right after the UGA game. Until they beat Alabama, it was 73% against and 27% for an extension. Most comments didn't even want to entertain extension talks until after he won the SECC. I was blown away. I'm not a Gus fan but dang, give the man his due.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

dpetty121263

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 01, 2017, 10:24:01 pm
Hope they don't
I pray and think they will! Arkansas has no need of "Old Gus"..

oldbooniehog

Of course Auburn fans wanted Gus gone until he beat Bama.

Of course a little more than half want his contract extended even after he beat Bama this year.

Many Hog fans have no concept of how deep and powerful Auburn's "little brother" complex with Alabama runs.

The War Tiger Eagles are like the completely insecure, fairly-pretty, totally crazy and desperate chick who goes psycho every time she sees the "Perfect 10" cheerleader/model get asked to the prom by the stud QB class president she has a complete crush on.

Auburn is second fiddle in their own state.

They desperately want to know they are equal to or better than Bama, but all Bama has to do is point at recent won-loss records, SEC titles and National Championships.

Imagine, if you will, Arkansas' view about Texas in the late 1960s through the late 1980s.

But make the Longhorns the UALR Longhorns with a powerhouse football team in the same conference as the Hogs, that usually beat the Hogs for conference titles and national championships.

Just imagine that scenario.

That''s why Auburn people are crazy.