Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We have fallen off the SEC map

Started by LZH, November 04, 2017, 08:58:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Any one else watching Alabama and LSU? I know they have superior athletes, but those boys aren't screwing around. They play like their ass is on fire and actually know how to block and tackle. We had to have a big freshman quarterback and a fast young kid out of Little Rock bail us out to keep us from losing to one of the worst teams in D1 football.

I am still sure BB is done in a month, but what then? As far as I am concerned, as a football fan, I could care less about the [CENSORED] mathletes or the science fair trophies. This uncommon horseshit has led us to the cellar of SEC football...a conference where we once had some respect. Deny it all you want to, but it is a [CENSORED] fact.

I am really going to be interested in Jeff Long's comments next week (maybe he is smart enough to keep his mouth shut), that should be a barometer of what he has planned. Frankly, I don't really give a darn if a kid is on the Dean's list or not, as long as he makes his grades and can play football - that is the standard in this conference. Coaches and AD's are not babysitters, and if a football player wants a good education, he certainly has a fantastic opportunity to get one.

I want to see a new coach with fire in his belly that coaches hard and recruits kids who do you not get their feelings hurt 'because they are doing their best'. Frank that. It's time for a culture change, and even though I feel Jeff Long probably doesn't have a job security problem right now, his next hire damn sure will determine the foreseeable future for our football program from here on out. I hate to say it, but winning by only one point against a high school team today actually did our program a lot of good in the long run.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 08:58:16 pm
Any one else watching Alabama and LSU? I know they have superior athletes, but those boys aren't screwing around. They play like their ass is on fire and actually know how to block and tackle. We had to have a big freshman quarterback and a fast young kid out of Little Rock bail us out to keep us from losing to one of the worst teams in D1 football.

I am still sure BB is done in a month, but what then? As far as I am concerned, as a football fan, I could care less about the [CENSORED] mathletes or the science fair trophies. This uncommon horseshit has led us to the cellar of SEC football...a conference where we once had some respect. Deny it all you want to, but it is a [CENSORED] fact.

I am really going to be interested in Jeff Long's comments next week (maybe he is smart enough to keep his mouth shut), that should be a barometer of what he has planned. Frankly, I don't really give a darn if a kid is on the Dean's list or not, as long as he makes his grades and can play football - that is the standard in this conference. Coaches and AD's are not babysitters, and if a football player wants a good education, he certainly has a fantastic opportunity to get one.

I want to see a new coach with fire in his belly that coaches hard and recruits kids who do you not get their feelings hurt 'because they are doing their best'. Frank that. It's time for a culture change, and even though I feel Jeff Long probably doesn't have a job security problem right now, his next hire damn sure will determine the foreseeable future for our football program from here on out. I hate to say it, but winning by only one point against a high school team today actually did our program a lot of good in the long run.

I hope you're right about BB. I just don't see Long doing anything.

Sundog

Long will not be fired now nor even in the foreseeable future.  Bert will coach in 2018 with an improved record which will be used to justify his continuance.  :puke:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

farmhawg

Long is lazy and has proven he doesn't care about winning. The chancellor needs to be on the hot seat for not doing his job. What a joke.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

LZH

Quote from: Sundog on November 04, 2017, 09:05:25 pm
Long will not be fired now nor even in the foreseeable future.  Bert will coach in 2018 with an improved record which will be used to justify his continuance.  :puke:

I am not saying I approve of calling for JL's head right now, but don't hire some vanilla, butt-patting head coach that wants to be everyone's friend. Hire a danged killer and turn him loose.

jst01

Quote from: Sundog on November 04, 2017, 09:05:25 pm

Our opinion differs

DoctorSusscrofa

Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

hawgon

We do no longer compete.  We aren't good enough to stay within three touchdowns of any of the top seven teams in the SEC.

This has to end.

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:11:30 pm
I love stupid threads.

You love mediocrity, which equates to loving half erections.

jst01

porkrindjimmy

You won't hear a word out of Jeff. He isn't ready to make a move, I am telling you. He will have to be forced to make a move.

hoglady

The SEC Map?? - heck we would struggle to compete in the Sunbelt as evidenced by today's stellar display.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Dark Helmet Hog

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:11:30 pm
I love stupid threads.

What you love is flutes...tubas and a high hat.

Did you get flirting with Disaster played the other night Mozart?

PRJ

atom hog

CBB has a fire in his belly tonight...as well as a lobster or two!

atom hog

Oh, if it's any consolation, we are on the Sun Belt Conference map.

j-mann

brett has to go   to win in big-time collage football u have to bend the rules a littie    i mean its great to be on the dean list and all   but maybe long shouild ad a Ivy leauge school   where its grades first sports 2nd
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

LZH

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 09:16:49 pm
CBB has a fire in his belly tonight...as well as a lobster or two!

As pissed as I am at him and his coaching tonight, he really did look unhealthy. He is waaay overweight, and his face is puffy and bright red. He may actually welcome the buy out and some time to deal with his health issues, whatever they may be.I still say he would be great as an analyst on TV. Can't be too stressful compared to what he is dealing with now.

(notOM)Rebel123

Hey now, the soccer team is in the SEC finals tomorrow!
Dilly-Dilly
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:24:49 pm
Dilly-Dilly

But Judy said they had injuries last week, like the football team....

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:24:32 pm
As pissed as I am at him and his coaching tonight, he really did look unhealthy. He is waaay overweight, and his face is puffy and bright red. He may actually welcome the buy out and some time to deal with his health issues, whatever they may be.I still say he would be great as an analyst on TV. Can't be too stressful compared to what he is dealing with now.

Ain't going anywhere....

PRJ

j-mann

btw the cheerleaders at Arkansas are almost all blonds   
calling the hogs from Jonesboro    i have  cerebral  palsy  Rheumatoid arthritis   and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome   i cannot space  well  or spell well   but i still  love the hogs

LZH

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:24:49 pm
Dilly-Dilly

Yeah but only the ones with a 3.5 GPA will be allowed to participate.

(notOM)Rebel123

As pissed as I am at him and his coaching tonight, he really did look unhealthy. He is waaay overweight, and his face is puffy and bright red. He may actually welcome the buy out and some time to deal with his health issues, whatever they may be.I still say he would be great as catalyst on TV. Can't be too stressful compared to what he is dealing with now.

I would post what some of us locals know about CBB's "off the field" activities, but the thread would be locked under the guise of "unsubstantiated claims".

atom hog

If this dude goes analyst route, he will look like Mark Mangino in no time.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:27:40 pm
I would post what some of us locals know about CBB's "off the field" activities, but the thread would be locked under the guise of "unsubstantiated claims".

He had the same activities at Wisconsin. Well known here and there.

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:26:42 pm
Ain't going anywhere....

PRJ

Jimmy, one of us is wrong, and I damn sure hope it is you buddy. Because I am sliding back to the late 1990s. Just can't get excited about darn anymore.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: atom hog on November 04, 2017, 09:29:09 pm
If this dude goes analyst route, he will look like Mark Mangino in no time.

Maybe not. Less stress.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 04, 2017, 09:29:34 pm
He had the same activities at Wisconsin. Well known here and there.

Shhhhhh....😉

tangman

If BB is not fired after today's performance, I question JL's fitness for duty. 

LZH

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:27:40 pm

Since it has already been posted, I will share with you just one story that is absolutely true. I met a retired judge from Madison and his wife wearing their Wisconsin gear in the Publix down the street. Naturally I had my Hogs T-shirt on and asked him if he wanted his coach back. He laughed and said "no thanks, but I do want to ask you a question." He said "does he still drink like he used to?" I said I had heard stories but I had never seen anything myself. That was two years ago and you can ask some mods on here to verify it.

atom hog

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:12:21 pm
^^^
Is this code for "borderline erotic"?

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:29:54 pm
Jimmy, one of us is wrong, and I damn sure hope it is you buddy. Because I am sliding back to the late 1990s. Just can't get excited about darn anymore.

I hope I am the wrong one to brotha....but Judy is gonna have to be forced to run him off and he will be kicking and screaming on his way to the podium.

Jeff is personally imvested in Bret. It isn't a strictly professional arrangement like it should be...love letters, throwing the "A", uncommon...marketing..All things Jeff values over the product on the field.

You and I both know it is going to take a group of pissed off rich men to start a change here...but then you got some of em who think the answer is a Tim Horton.

A quagmire is what it is.

PRJ

LZH

LZH

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:35:50 pm
I hope I am the wrong one to brotha....but Judy is gonna have to be forced to run him off and he will be kicking and screaming on his way to the podium.

Jeff is personally imvested in Bret. It isn't a strictly professional arrangement like it should be...love letters, throwing the "A", uncommon...marketing..All things Jeff values over the product on the field.

You and I both know it is going to take a group of pissed off rich men to start a change here...but then you got some of em who think the answer is a Tim Horton.

PRJ

A total phreaking mess is what it is. I don't hear things like I used to, and that even makes me more nervous. This could go sideways in a hurry or it could go downhill just like it has been for several years.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:35:28 pm
Since it has already been posted, I will share with you just one story that is absolutely true. I met a retired judge from Madison and his wife wearing their Wisconsin gear in the Publix down the street. Naturally I had my Hogs T-shirt on and asked him if he wanted his coach back. He laughed and said "no thanks, but I do want to ask you a question." He said "does he still drink like he used to?" I said I had heard stories but I had never seen anything myself. That was two years ago and you can ask some mods on here to verify it.

Well, I know a guy who was at a cookout in CBB's neighborhood after a golf tournament. CBB pulled up on his golf cart, drink in hand, cut off sleeved t-shirt, shorts & flip flops. He joined in the party and went from cup to bottle. He was obnoxious and finally 2 guys from the neighborhood drove him home on his golf cart. The host said, "that's nothing new for that guy".
Just passing along what I was told. But also know a few high rollers who say he
Frequents a Dickson Street haunt quite often and needs a lot of help getting home.

hogblitz

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:35:50 pm

PRJ
That's exactly what's going to happen!  It will no longer be up to Long by the end of season.  He is gone.  Did you see the stands?  This may have been the worst attendance in many many years.  Everything is snowballing.  He is done!

1highhog

I'm watching it with my son-in-law, it's like we're playing pee wee football and they are playing professional football.  To watch our Razorbacks today and the peons on the sideline that draw paychecks and the big monkey with a whistle it's just heart breaking to me knowing that I'm going to have to watch this turd walk the sideline for another year.

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: LZH on November 04, 2017, 09:12:21 pm

I love threads that actually have something meaningful in them. This is dull even for a retread of a retread.

Dark Helmet Hog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on November 04, 2017, 09:42:35 pm
Well, I know a guy who was at a cookout in CBB's neighborhood after a golf tournament. CBB pulled up on his golf cart, drink in hand, cut off sleeved t-shirt, shorts & flip flops. He joined in the party and went from cup to bottle. He was obnoxious and finally 2 guys from the neighborhood drove him home on his golf cart. The host said, "that's nothing new for that guy".
Just passing along what I was told. But also know a few high rollers who say he
Frequents a Dickson Street haunt quite often and needs a lot of help getting home.

Some local high school coaches can tell stories too. I doubt they want their names thrown out so I'll leave it at that.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogblitz on November 04, 2017, 09:43:23 pm
That's exactly what's going to happen!  It will no longer be up to Long by the end of season.  He is gone.  Did you see the stands?  This may have been the worst attendance in many many years.  Everything is snowballing.  He is done!

Welp....they have been stonewalled so far. Got zero traction. They better get to making it happen.

PRJ

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:15:30 pm

PRJ

No, sweet cheeks, I didn't. But they did all of Abbey Road. Thanks for asking SC.

HogPharmer

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:15:30 pm

PRJ

Hey! CBB is fair game but NOT Molly Hatchet! Watch yo self!
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on November 04, 2017, 09:45:43 pm
Some local high school coaches can tell stories too. I doubt they want their names thrown out so I'll leave it at that.

This guy may, or may not, have been a high school coach. 😉

LZH

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:45:37 pm
I love threads that actually have something meaningful in them. This is dull even for a retread of a retread.

Doc, if anyone knew anything about dull, it would certainly be you.

go hogues

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 04, 2017, 09:13:39 pm
You won't hear a word out of Jeff. He isn't ready to make a move, I am telling you. He will have to be forced to make a move.
Or, he'll skeedattle outta town to another gig, leaving the new AD with the mess to clean up.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

atom hog

Quote from: j-mann on November 04, 2017, 09:27:17 pm
btw the cheerleaders at Arkansas are almost all blonds
^^^borderline erotic!!!
But for the life if me, I have no idea how this pertains to this thread

Cinco de Hogo

I bet we want have any problems scheduling Sunbelt teams for our OOC games in the near future.  They will all be dreaming of heroic upsets.

hawgon

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 04, 2017, 09:47:49 pm
No, sweet cheeks, I didn't. But they did all of Abbey Road. Thanks for asking SC.

The Beetles suck.

PRJ