Yes
18 (25.4%)
No
46 (64.8%)
Gruden
7 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Roaringboar

Look, truth is we would be so much better off with Miles than anyone else in the country right now.....Miles began the building process at OK State that Gundy has gotten all of the credit for, Miles won more games at LSU than any coach in their programs history, he recruited well, he won games, he had amazing teams, and was hands down one of the SEC's all time greats at LSU, and that's what we need at Arkansas and no one can provide one statistical fact to prove otherwise or indicate he would be a horrible coach........LSU didn't even have good stats and look at where they are now......Barely beating an SEC East team that just lost its starting QB and losing to Troy in Death Valley........Miles would turn Arkansas around in three seasons.......No doubt about!!!!!!
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Boarsnest

Post Les's record at OSU! That is more of an apples to apples comparison! Louisiana is a recruiting hot bed. I'm sorry Arkansas is not LSU and we darn sure don't have the recruiting base that LSU has!

Les is set for life financially, I don't see him having the fire in his belly to be successful at Arkansas.

Roaringboar

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 07, 2017, 08:44:43 pm
Post Les's record at OSU! That is more of an apples to apples comparison! Louisiana is a recruiting hot bed. I'm sorry Arkansas is not LSU and we darn sure don't have the recruiting base that LSU has!

Les is set for life financially, I don't see him having the fire in his belly to be successful at Arkansas.

Les was 28-21 at OSU, BUT.......He turned the OSU program around, was named an AP coach of the year his third year at the program, went 4-7 his first year, where he inherited a horrible program, then went 8-5,9-4, and 7-5 in a Big 12 that was still a really dominant conference featuring Mack Brown's Texas and Stoops Oklahoma......AND......Laid the ground-work to make OSU a national name again........SO......His career at OSU wasn't that bad actually, and that's why LSU came in and swiped him up when they realized how much talent he actually had as a coach!!!!!!!!!

Roaringboar

Again, no stats prove Miles was a poor coach. Miles is wanting to coach again, and we provide him that oppurtunity. If we sign him now, he gets a head start on recruiting and on building a staff, which means Arkansas would stand a chance at being mildly succesful next season because at least by Feburary we'd have the groundwork laid out for the rebuild....

Roaringboar

The thing that I like to laugh about is all of these people who are dissing Miles would up and jump for joy if we hired him screaming, "THAT A BOY JEFF, THAT'S THE AD WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Youngsta71701

D. None of the above
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 09:08:00 pm
The thing that I like to laugh about is all of these people who are dissing Miles would up and jump for joy if we hired him screaming, "THAT A BOY JEFF, THAT'S THE AD WE ALL KNOW AND LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Nope.  I don't want Miles and would not praise JL for hiring him.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Qui Gon Jinn on October 07, 2017, 09:09:02 pm
Nope.  I don't want Miles and would not praise JL for hiring him.
This times 2.

roothawg

mckinneyhog5

No....after more consultation, hell no!
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

SavoySeamster

Quote from: Hawgphish on October 07, 2017, 07:38:02 pm
I don't want any old fired coach.  I want a spread up tempo young gun. 

This is dead on. You've gone this far in the hole, no sense in rehashing a has been. Go with someone who is young, innovative and hopefully tireless. The team takes on the personality of the coach, might as well have a coach who is a go-getter 24/7.
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

Pigdiana Jones

Quote from: solitons on October 07, 2017, 07:35:43 pm
and HDN is available too

At this point he's a way better coach than BB ever will be.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Roaringboar

Quote from: Pigdiana Jones on October 07, 2017, 09:21:22 pm
At this point he's a way better coach than BB ever will be.

Almost anyone is a better coach than Bert will ever be.......

jgphillips3

Hell no!  If he can screw the pooch with all that Louisiana talent, he would be a miserable failure here.  He basically rode Saban's recruits to a title and then did nothing.

Roaringboar

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 07, 2017, 09:23:51 pm
Hell no!  If he can screw the pooch with all that Louisiana talent, he would be a miserable failure here.  He basically rode Saban's recruits to a title and then did nothing.

Nothing except a few years later lead another talented team with ZERO SABAN TALENT to another National Championship game.....again, stats.......not a single hater has provided a single stat to prove Miles was a terrible Head Coach......

BOAR_N2BWILD

The only reason he was successful at LSUcks is because it was LSU and he had talent falling in his lap. I do not think that this is the answer, although I am afraid if left up to Jeff Long it will be the next hire.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Boarsnest

Gundy put OSU on the map not Les. You are trying to give credit to Les for that but then you argue that Sabin didn't set things up for Les at LSU! Lol!

LSU recruits itself, Arkansas doesn't anymore! We did during JFB's years in the SWC! Explain to me what Les can do to draw recruits to Arkansas. Hell he can't even pronounce Arkansas! He is set financially why would he want to come here. We need younger coach, with a desire to win and succeed that can go out and recruit kids to Arkansas, not some washed up millionaire coach that wants to prove that he can get a hobbie job somewhere for his ego. I for one don't want him here and do not feel that he would be anything more than mediocre. You keep throwing out stats. Stats don't mean squat as far as what he could accomplish at Arkansas. If we only look at Stats hell Bret should have been successful here! We see how that has worked out.

Qui Gon Jinn

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 09:26:01 pm
Nothing except a few years later lead another talented team with ZERO SABAN TALENT to another National Championship game.....again, stats.......not a single hater has provided a single stat to prove Miles was a terrible Head Coach......
Hard to argue with your point.  However, I didn't want him before your point and I still don't want him.
The expert in anything was once a beginner.

Athog

Quote from: pigmania on October 07, 2017, 07:43:54 pm
Malzahn could probably be talked into coming, but there are too many Razorback fans who are still pissed off that he beat their H.S. football team over a decade ago and that their precious HDN didn't like him. Too many Hog fans put their hurt feelings ahead of winning football games.

Why would Gus come if he were wanted?

Roaringboar

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 07, 2017, 09:27:47 pm
Gundy put OSU on the map not Les. You are trying to give credit to Les for that but then you argue that Sabin didn't set things up for Les at LSU! Lol!

LSU recruits itself, Arkansas doesn't anymore! We did during JFB's years in the SWC! Explain to me what Les can do to draw recruits to Arkansas. Hell he can't even pronounce Arkansas! He is set financially why would he want to come here. We need younger coach, with a desire to win and succeed that can go out and recruit kids to Arkansas, not some washed up millionaire coach that wants to prove that he can get a hobbie job somewhere for his ego. I for one don't want him here and do not feel that he would be anything more than mediocre. You keep throwing out stats. Stats don't mean squat as far as what he could accomplish at Arkansas. If we only look at Stats hell Bret should have been successful here! We see how that has worked out.

NO, that was the problem, we didn't look at Bret's stats. Bret may have led his team to the Rose Bowl three times in a row, but two of those years his team got in because they played a lesser team in the east because both Penn State and Ohio State should've been division champions because they had the better record, but couldn't due to NCAA sanctions......And Bert was playing in the Big Ten West which has always been a lesser division in the Power 5, and that was before the dominance of Harbaugh, Meyer, and Franklin......As for Gundy putting it on the map, I agree he has, and he has done it with his own talent, but Miles got it started. He got recognized for what he did as a head coach, won the Coach of the Year award for it......That's why LSU snagged him up......Stats do matter, and Bielema never had those stats. We simply saw three Rose Bowls by his name and said, "AWESOME JOB JEFF!!!!!" Had we looked closer, we would've seen Bielema has never coached an elite team in his history as a coach, the stats would've told us that....And Saban did set some groundwork for Miles, but Miles is the one who turned LSU into what it is today.....Saban jumped the shark and went to Miami where he sucked as an NFL coach, and then went to Alabama, a football Blue Blood that feeds him whoever he wants year after year to turn into an all star.......Miles built LSU into a National Champion and a contender and a team to be feared.....Saban may have started it, but Miles picked it up and took it farther than Saban ever did........And Miles can recruit based on his NFL record.....LSU has more currently active NFL players than any other team in the country, and over 80% of those guys played for Miles......That would draw kids in because any school kid would tell you their dream is to some day play in the NFL......And as far as the millionare thing, almost every head coach you look at makes almost a million as a coach unless they come from like the MAC or the Sun Belt, and that's just a pathetic argument, "I don't got a guy who got paid a ton of money because he was a winner, let's get a guy who's not making as much and struggling to get his MAC team to a 9-3 record just once in 5 years".......I mean, come on now.....

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 07, 2017, 08:36:31 pm
Better than the buffet buster.

Is he?  Less lost to him 2 times. Think about that.  No to Less
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

The Hawg Marshal

Are you kin to Les or something? Maybe his agent? There is nothing in your argument that proves Miles would be able to recruit to Arkansas the way he did at LSU. He was a mediocre coach even with all of that homegrown talent. Imagine him without it.

razorbrass

David "ladders" Lee ain't walking through that door
Ladies and Gentlemen can I please have your attention.  I've just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story and I need all of you to stop what you are doing and listen!

Pork Twain

Yes because what we REALLY need is a coach that could not get it done with MUCH more talent, like Butch, Gus or Les
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Roaringboar

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 07, 2017, 09:41:29 pm
Are you kin to Les or something? Maybe his agent? There is nothing in your argument that proves Miles would be able to recruit to Arkansas the way he did at LSU. He was a mediocre coach even with all of that homegrown talent. Imagine him without it.

Yeah you got me, two national championship appearences, three SEC west titles, and being the winningest coach in LSU history is mediocre........get real...........and I gave my argument about recruiting......everyone acts like all of his talent came out of Louisianna.....Hey guys, MILES GOT TOP ATHLETES FROM FLORIDA, TEXAS, AND OKLAHOMA LIKE SABAN, MEYER, AND EVERY OTHER ELITE COACH DOES, HENCE THE REASON LSU CONSTANTLY HAD TOP NOTCH CLASSES........Again, this is nothing more than Arkansas fans hating on an elite coach who'd be awesome for our program simply because he coached at a rival school.............

howie76

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 07, 2017, 09:41:29 pm
hahaha.. beat me to it.. I can't understand the les love here..

Roaringboar

Quote from: Pork Twain on October 07, 2017, 09:43:49 pm
Yes because what we REALLY need is a coach that could not get it done with MUCH more talent, like Butch, Gus or Les

Opps, fixed that for you......maybe Butch and Gus didn't get it done, but Miles went to a Natty twice, one it once, and won the SEC West three times in his tenure, while only finishing with one 8 win season, one 9 win season, and the others being 10 and 11 win season..........

East Clintwood

Quote from: Boarsnest on October 07, 2017, 08:44:43 pm

Revenge is a strong motivator.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: howie76 on October 07, 2017, 09:47:15 pm
hahaha.. beat me to it.. I can't understand the les love here..
It's bizarre. If Miles is so great why didn't someone snap him up already? Same as Chizik, he's not that good.

Roaringboar

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 07, 2017, 09:52:40 pm
It's bizarre. If Miles is so great why didn't someone snap him up already? Same as Chizik, he's not that good.

Chizik didn't have the record nor the achievements that Miles had....Everyone knew Chizik's coordinators made him who he was.....as for why has no one hired him........If you were running a multi-million dollar buisness, would you really go out and hire someone who just got fired from a rival coorperation for supposedly not getting any results??? Now it was B.S. and LSU is really starting to regret their stupidity, but the truth is you wouldn't because no board member would see that as a sane idea, and Miles has way too much of an ego to do the Petrino thing and go to a League of 5 school for a year or two.....he wants back into the heat of things......he will end up at a Power 5 school by Feburary, but it probably won't be here because Long is too ignorant of what this program really needs........A coach who is a proven winner at the elite level.........such as Les Miles......

jgphillips3

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 09:26:01 pm

He's not a terrible coach.  My point is, if he can't beat Bama with ALL that LSU talent, he's not going to here with less talent.  Hell, CBB might have won 9 or 10 games by now with LSU talent levels. 

Roaringboar

Quote from: jgphillips3 on October 07, 2017, 09:57:33 pm
He's not a terrible coach.  My point is, if he can't beat Bama with ALL that LSU talent, he's not going to here with less talent.  Hell, CBB might have won 9 or 10 games by now with LSU talent levels.

No, CBB wouldn't have won 4 games......He can't even win games now with his own talent...........and besides, he was taking on Saban's Bama, and let's face it, that's like taking on Zeus......Saban is the master of college football......I don't think he's untouchable like alot of people think, but he is pretty close to it.....I think only Auburn and Georgia can challenge that team in the SEC, and I think Clemson could definitely hang with them, but for the most part you can count on one hand the teams with the ability to be Bama this season......if that was a criteria to keeping your job as an SEC coach, let's face it, no one would have a job.........

ladyhogfan

Good grief...he calls Arkansas "Ar-KANSAS"... what else is there to say??  :-\

Boston RedHogs

Got news for all of ya....Les Miles won football games in bunches. We should be so fortunate to have fired a coach who averaged 10+ wins a year

I would take Les tomorrow in a heartbeat.......

The Hawg Marshal

PORKULATOR

Always played him in LR or the Red Stick. He might take the job just to taste the grass. Lol
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

jvanhorn

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 07, 2017, 07:37:12 pm
Yeah, whatever, Bielema is showing he doesn't have what it takes to coach in the SEC. Miles did week in and week out for 11 years, and LSU without him is struggling big time. They beat Florida today, but that was a team who lost their starting QB, so that's not a major statement. Miles would definitely be a better coach than Bielema, and he's the best man available right now, and better than almost anyone else out there you could find.....

Actually Miles did a very good job at Oklahoma State--and he certainly didn't have the talent there that he did at LSU.  I am not saying that he is a great coach , but I think he is better than people think.

Dillon23

Anybody who says hire Les is an idiot....and I'll say that right to your face...state law.

Boarsnest

Can't wait for the hire Jim Grobe and Tommy Bowden threads.

The article posted was a good read. Nutt and Bret both beat Les with much less talent. One of the reasons that Les is not at LSU is because Arkansas was beating his butt and Nick dominated him. I hope he does land somewhere in the SEC just not here! I hated to see him leave. I always felt like we had a chance to win against LSU with him coaching! His lack of QB development, clock management and empty promises to change his offense also got him canned. Alabama was also cherry picking talent right in his backyard. That really had fans upset.

Most of Les's talent was from LA and at one time a lot of Texas kids that wanted to play in the SEC chose LSU. He may have starting recruiting more out of state with A & M joining the SEC and Nick picking his pocket. I work with several folks that live in Louisanna they are LSU boosters and season ticket holders. They bought up some other things that were going on that I will not comment on, not NCAA significant but let's just say if true Les probably didn't need to take any Harley rides. Lol! That didn't help his cause according to them.

rude1

Les career is done, get over it. He will be 64 years old this year, he was unable to keep the LSU program at the top because of his inability to adapt to today's spread offense game, he couldn't develop a QB, and ultimately was fired because of his inability to adapt to changing times. Yeah let's hire another equivalent of BB who believes he can win with smash mouth football......