Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

138 points scored in a single game tonight!

Started by bolo1010, November 20, 2012, 10:34:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bolo1010

checkraiser88

Heh yeah, if Rotnie Clark scored that many for Butler people would point out his turnovers or lack of assists..

SPAL

Hogsfan1981

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 20, 2012, 10:45:32 pm
Heh yeah, if Rotnie Clark scored that many for Butler people would point out his turnovers or lack of assists..

That has nothing to do with anything...man you must love Rotnie for that just to come out of no where. lol He is gone man.

checkraiser88

Quote from: Hogsfan1981 on November 20, 2012, 11:06:54 pm
That has nothing to do with anything...man you must love Rotnie for that just to come out of no where. lol He is gone man.

Out of no where? Where have you been? He's been brought up several times over the past week since basketball started up smart one..

sportswriter41

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 20, 2012, 10:45:32 pm

I wouldn't... I'd just say Rot sucks.

cmiller01

Checkraiser88 is kelly clarke. Rodney's Bastard uncle.

tha_shephard

hogman99

This type of thing reminds me of a circus that has a bearded lady.  It is all about the pub the school wants.  The kid was on the Today show this morning talking about it.  I think the coach and school should be ashamed, but it is all about the $$.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogman99 on November 21, 2012, 09:03:56 am
This type of thing reminds me of a circus that has a bearded lady.  It is all about the pub the school wants.  The kid was on the Today show this morning talking about it.  I think the coach and school should be ashamed, but it is all about the $$.

Ashamed?  For what exactly? 

A guy on the other team had 70 pts.   Should he/they be ashamed too?
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

hogman99

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 21, 2012, 09:05:53 am
Ashamed?  For what exactly? 

A guy on the other team had 70 pts.   Should he/they be ashamed too?

Ashamed because to do any of this, both teams had to have a gentlemens agreement that no defense was to be played.  In other words, the game was fixed to start with.  You just dont go out and shoot 108 times a game if someone is acually playing defense.

DOGALUM

Quote from: hogman99 on November 21, 2012, 11:41:35 am
Ashamed because to do any of this, both teams had to have a gentlemens agreement that no defense was to be played.  In other words, the game was fixed to start with.  You just dont go out and shoot 108 times a game if someone is acually playing defense.

There is video of this game.  Some defense was being played.   I know there was defense being played when Kobe hung his 81.  Were you ashamed when Rotnei hit his 51 in Bud Walton?  Sometimes....things just come together. 

How about.....instead of assuming the worst......we just be impressed with what the kid did?

Again.....nothing at all to be ashamed of.   Good for him.

booogaga

The game was a joke and so was the record point total. The other dude had 70 points because they were giving him un contested layups just to get the ball back into his hands.
GO HOGS!

hogman99

Quote from: DOGALUM on November 21, 2012, 04:00:22 pm
There is video of this game.  Some defense was being played.   I know there was defense being played when Kobe hung his 81.  Were you ashamed when Rotnei hit his 51 in Bud Walton?  Sometimes....things just come together. 

How about.....instead of assuming the worst......we just be impressed with what the kid did?

Again.....nothing at all to be ashamed of.   Good for him.

I saw the highlights.  The defensive player was 4 foot away from him, no ball denial, his team pressed while way ahead so they could shoot more. Coach told the team that only this one kid was to shoot in the 2nd half and he was the only one to score.  Why was the best player on the team still in the game with his team up by 70?

Don't you think that the coach of the other team would have maybe changed his defense to double team this guy if he was the only one shooting the ball?  I know I would if I was the other coach, unless...... wait for it ....... I was ok with this because me and the coach agreed to let this happen. In other words, this whole thing was like a pro wrestling match.     

If you don't see anything wrong with that then good for you, but I know a fix when I see it. 

Adam Stokes

Rotnei is currently on the front page of ESPN.  As for this kid, shoot 50% from the field and I'll give you props.  He couldn't even do that.  I remember when Allen Iverson scored over 60 points one game, but he still shot under 50%.  Quantity =/= quality record.

luckyrazrbk

i dont care what people say. impressive maybe, fixed likely, and last i checked basketball is a team sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bballjws2004

Definitely not fixed...do some research.  That is style Grinnell plays.  Basically insane pressure D, if they don't get a steal then give up a layup and come back and shoot a three on the other end.  The goal is to get extra possessions and 3s vs. 2s to make up the point difference.  The regularly score 140+.

Katherinejjm

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

crjep

Quote from: hogman99 on November 21, 2012, 05:37:55 pm
I saw the highlights.  The defensive player was 4 foot away from him, no ball denial, his team pressed while way ahead so they could shoot more. Coach told the team that only this one kid was to shoot in the 2nd half and he was the only one to score.  Why was the best player on the team still in the game with his team up by 70?

Don't you think that the coach of the other team would have maybe changed his defense to double team this guy if he was the only one shooting the ball?  I know I would if I was the other coach, unless...... wait for it ....... I was ok with this because me and the coach agreed to let this happen. In other words, this whole thing was like a pro wrestling match.     

If you don't see anything wrong with that then good for you, but I know a fix when I see it. 

You must have been watching a different game from what I saw.  I just watched it - they were throwing man to man, zone, and double teams at the kid all night, trying to figure out how to stop him.   

He has been struggling so far this year, and his teammates told him before the game that they were going to help him.  When he had 58 at halftime, they were all excited for him and said they were going to get him the ball every time. 

You're talking about a team that has lead all NCAA divisions in scoring 16 of the last 18 years, and 3 point shooting 14 of the last 18 years.   The coach typically plays about 15 players per game and their game plan is to shoot the ball every 12 seconds.   

This kid was the major beneficiary this night.   There was no fix.     

latrops

Quote from: crjep on November 22, 2012, 09:06:51 pm
You must have been watching a different game from what I saw.  I just watched it - they were throwing man to man, zone, and double teams at the kid all night, trying to figure out how to stop him.   

He has been struggling so far this year, and his teammates told him before the game that they were going to help him.  When he had 58 at halftime, they were all excited for him and said they were going to get him the ball every time. 

You're talking about a team that has lead all NCAA divisions in scoring 16 of the last 18 years, and 3 point shooting 14 of the last 18 years.   The coach typically plays about 15 players per game and their game plan is to shoot the ball every 12 seconds.   

This kid was the major beneficiary this night.   There was no fix.   

The bottom line is that he is 5'10"...and in real basketball, a 5'10" guard just isn't able to go 27 of 71 from three if the defense is at all viable.  He is 5'10" and most of his shots were jumpers.  He was 7 of 10 from the freethrow line...and that is the problem.  Too often, the defender was playing as though he was trying to deny penetration...the exact opposite of how you should defend a 5'10" jumpshooter that is lighting it up from the perimeter.  A real defense would be able to put a body (or two) on him and force him to drive to the rim or distribute.  There was generally a defender in close proximity offering some measure of resistance, but it was absurdly inadequate for the type of game he plays.

DOGALUM

Quote from: latrops on November 23, 2012, 09:47:49 am
The bottom line is that he is 5'10"...and in real basketball, a 5'10" guard just isn't able to go 27 of 71 from three if the defense is at all viable.  He is 5'10" and most of his shots were jumpers.  He was 7 of 10 from the freethrow line...and that is the problem.  Too often, the defender was playing as though he was trying to deny penetration...the exact opposite of how you should defend a 5'10" jumpshooter that is lighting it up from the perimeter.  A real defense would be able to put a body (or two) on him and force him to drive to the rim or distribute.  There was generally a defender in close proximity offering some measure of resistance, but it was absurdly inadequate for the type of game he plays.
Obviously their coach doesn't know as much about basketball as you do.  Look....Kobe scored 81.....Wilt scored 100....this kid had a great night and scored 138.   This team attempts to sub 5 every 35-45 seconds if possible.  They are the very definition of run and gun.   Their next game....another kid went off and the 138 point kid only had twenty something points....and some assists.   It was one of those nights.  Everything worked and history was made.  You guys on the "fix was in" train are pathetic.  Just because it has never been done before doesn't mean it can't be done.  Rot had an insane game while here.  Does he do that every night?  No.  Nobody does.  But it happens.   Combine a kid getting hot.....with an offense built to score only....with his teammates FEEDING him every time.....and it happened.