Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anyone been to New York??

Started by hogsgrl09, June 15, 2006, 02:14:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsgrl09

Next Wednesday my father and i are goin to New York, and will be staying through Saturday.....

we are tryin to find something fun and interesting to do Friday and Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has been to New York and has any ideas or suggestions of what would be fun or what you did that was fun. thanks for the info!
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."
"I know Jesus Christ died for my sins, and that's all I really need to know."

HogBack075

I went last spring for four days.

You can take a tour of the city...sounds lame, but it's pretty interesting.

You learn a lot of history, why certain builings were built, and places the locals like to go. You ride on an open top bus...and it's not a bad price.

We also took in a Mets game while we were there.

We stayed in Times Square, so we were in walking distance to a lot of great things.

The cheapest way to get around is to either walk, or ride the subway...it's not as scary as you think! Taxi's will rob you blind!

I had a blast there, and can't wait to go back! You'll have fun!

PulledPork

yes....and no.

yes, been to NY but just Rochester and Buffalo

no, never to NYC.

Pulled out...

hogsgrl09

Quote from: PulledPork on June 15, 2006, 06:04:45 pm
yes....and no.

yes, been to NY but just Rochester and Buffalo

no, never to NYC.

Pulled out...

lol. my bad...

thanks hogback....
ive actually been before and i remember ridin the open top bus (in the middle of summer...uggg). and i rode the subway to the bronx, and that was a tad bit scary, but not too bad. lol. but we when we went it was a long time ago.....
i think we are staying in the milford which apparently is about 1 block from times square.

did you see any shows or anything like that that you would recomend?
"The really amazing part, to me, was when Florida made it into the Final Four, the Democrats didn't demand a recount."

widespreadsooie

When I went we ate at the ESPN Zone and it was really good, and Robert Parish and Clyde Drexler were there. So you might want to go there just to see if there are any famous athletes.

CampuspostmanHOG

I went in 1960.  8)

At a place for breakfast I ordered pancakes. The guy brought me pound cake....lol, one of the few things i remember.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 15, 2006, 02:14:42 pm

Next Wednesday my father and i are goin to New York, and will be staying through Saturday.....

we are tryin to find something fun and interesting to do Friday and Saturday. I was wondering if anyone has been to New York and has any ideas or suggestions of what would be fun or what you did that was fun. thanks for the info!

I went on my honeymoon there, plus my bro went to West Point and new all the places to go.

You HAVE to go to Little Italy, it is primarily Mulberry Street.  Eat at Amicci II, best restaurant there. 

Agree with Hogback, gott take the Subway.

Times Square, Wall Street, Battery Park, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, go see as much of it as you can.

HAVE FUN!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogsgrl09

thanks everyone....ill try and remember all those...

i think we are gonna try to go to a New York Yankees game....ive never been so im lookin forward to that.
i also want to see where the World Trade Centers used to be...ill have to try and not be too emotional. lol

thanks again

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 15, 2006, 10:21:58 pm

i think we are gonna try to go to a New York Yankees game....ive never been so im lookin forward to that.
i also want to see where the World Trade Centers used to be...ill have to try and not be too emotional. lol

thanks again

Also, some of the old Churches are cool to visit.

You will see a lot of Jewish people, they are some of the most interesting people in NYC!

But Amicci II's...I'm telling you..the best.  And reasonably priced.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

hogsgrl09

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on June 15, 2006, 10:35:57 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 15, 2006, 10:21:58 pm

thanks again

Also, some of the old Churches are cool to visit.

You will see a lot of Jewish people, they are some of the most interesting people in NYC!

But Amicci II's...I'm telling you..the best.  And reasonably priced.

haha. thanks notshavin.

yeah i think i remember them...arent they the ones with the hats and the lil curls goin down?? lol

i might try that...but im not the biggest on italian

hydrophonic

Add South Street Seaport and Central Park to notshavin's list and you'll be set.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hogsgrl09

thanks hydro. that looks niice, ill definatly have to do that...

also....friday night my dad and i have the choice to go to a Yankees game (against the marlins) with not so good seats... or we could go to a tim mcgraw and faith hill concert...
my problem with those are ive already been to a yankees game, and never to a time and faith concert...but goin to that concert isnt really something that would really make you remember new york. lol. what do yall think. last question. thanks again everyone!

hydrophonic

What is the venue for the concert?  There are some excellent venues in NYC.

If A) it's at one of these places, and B) you've not been to the venue before, I'd say go to the concert:

Roseland
Hammerstein
Radio City
MSG

Yankee Stadium is a special place though, and there is a chance it's only going to be around for another 6 or 7 years.

hogsgrl09

yeah we decided to try and get tickets to the concert....apparently its at Madison Sq Garden, which will be soo cool to say ive been to. lol.

thanks for the info once again hydro.

hydrophonic

Yea, MSG is great.  It's not the worlds most famous arena for nothing.

If y'all are still looking for things to do, I'd recommend taking the tour of Radio City Music Hall.

maumellefan

Been to NYC several times and lots to do. Do the Yankee game if at all possible. The open air bus sounds kind of cheesy but it was a great way to see a lot of things in a short period of time. Little Italy and Chinatown are a must and at least one Broadway show.

Tomhog™

I drove into NYC on a Sunday and saw the terrible traffic.  I turned right around and 45 minutes later I was back out of it.  I did see the Empire State Building from a distance.  I drove up from Aberdeen, MD on a day off...

Tim McGraw and Faith Hill...Oh God... :puke:

hydrophonic

MSG sort of makes up for that.

hogsgrl09

hahaha. ill get a tshirt for you both notshavin and hydro! yall know deep down yall cant live without your tim mcgraw music!!! haha.   :D ;)

hydrophonic

To be honest with you, I don't even know what he sings.

Wait, is he the "Indian Outlaw"?

hogsgrl09

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 16, 2006, 09:53:00 pm
To be honest with you, I don't even know what he sings.

Wait, is he the "Indian Outlaw"?
haha. yeaahh....i think so....i actually dont know.
i only know all his newer stuff....

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 16, 2006, 09:17:05 pm
hahaha. ill get a tshirt for you both notshavin and hydro! yall know deep down yall cant live without your tim mcgraw music!!! haha.   :D ;)

She said I was in my early teens
with a lot of shopping before me
when a moment came that stopped me on a dime
and I spent most of my moments
looking at the tickets
Talking bout the options
and talking bout eastern time
I asked her when it sank in
that this might really be the real end
how�s it hit you when you get that kinda news
man what�d you do

and she said
I went subway ridin'
I went Empire State buildin' climbing
I went 2.5 hours in a taxi driven by Mohammed Abdul
and I listened better and I gave up NASCAR
and I found music that I've been denying
and she said someday I hope you give up that crap
and listen to real music.

hogsgrl09

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on June 16, 2006, 10:42:39 pm
Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 16, 2006, 09:17:05 pm

She said I was in my early teens
with a lot of shopping before me
when a moment came that stopped me on a dime
and I spent most of my moments
looking at the tickets
Talking bout the options
and talking bout eastern time
I asked her when it sank in
that this might really be the real end
how�s it hit you when you get that kinda news
man what�d you do

and she said
I went subway ridin'
I went Empire State buildin' climbing
I went 2.5 hours in a taxi driven by Mohammed Abdul
and I listened better and I gave up NASCAR
and I found music that I've been denying
and she said someday I hope you give up that crap
and listen to real music.

hahaha. ok first of all....i am honored i have my own song made by notshavin.lol

but Nascar is in the blood...we have a deal and you better still be watching!.... and country music is not crap....some of it can be(as in any genre), but Tim Mcgraw is quite good.

and what would you call real music?? lol

Thought you would like that.

Did that in honor of you and your Dad and that trip.

Bein' a PK(then MK) myself, I treasure those moments to this day.  Make the best of that trip and every moment.

Real music?  Well...just sayin'..I wouldn't go to NYC to hear country music.  You should go hear some Salsa while you are there..

And I was just teasin' you about the NASCAR...

hogsgrl09

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on June 16, 2006, 10:54:35 pm

Bein' a PK(then MK) myself, I treasure those moments to this day.  Make the best of that trip and every moment.

Real music?  Well...just sayin'..I wouldn't go to NYC to hear country music.  You should go hear some Salsa while you are there..

well thank you, that really does mean a lot to me. haha.

i was jp with ya on the nascar as well....

yeah our two options were the yankees game(with horrible tickets, and ive already been to befre) and the concert. and i thought the same thing....its not a New York sort of thing to go to a country concert, (esp. when the people you are seeing are coming to your state just a few weeks after anyway) but it is real cool and New York (or w/e you want to call it) to go to Madison Sq Garden, and i think itd be cool just to be able to say youve even done that.....

the reason were not even looking at broadway shows is because my father and i wouldnt really appreciate it and we would be bored to death. lol

thanks again!

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 16, 2006, 11:01:02 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on June 16, 2006, 10:54:35 pm

well thank you, that really does mean a lot to me. haha.

i was jp with ya on the nascar as well....

yeah our two options were the yankees game(with horrible tickets, and ive already been to befre) and the concert. and i thought the same thing....its not a New York sort of thing to go to a country concert, (esp. when the people you are seeing are coming to your state just a few weeks after anyway) but it is real cool and New York (or w/e you want to call it) to go to Madison Sq Garden, and i think itd be cool just to be able to say youve even done that.....

the reason were not even looking at broadway shows is because my father and i wouldnt really appreciate it and we would be bored to death. lol

thanks again!

Who cares?

Just have fun!

Woo Hoo

hogsgrl09

Quote from: hogsgrl09 on June 16, 2006, 11:07:01 pm
my bad??

Huh?

I meant, who cares where you go, the important thing is that you and your Dad have fun...

hogsgrl09

MrSpook1352

June 18, 2006, 06:30:22 pm #30 Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 11:03:00 pm by MrSpook1352
Went to NYC once (early 90's though).  Best vacation I ever had.  But it was too short.  Rode Amtrak into town.  Took a bus tour one day and a boat tour the next.  Both were good.  Saw two Broadway shows.  Ate at Tavern on the Green and Hard Rock Cafe, went up the Empire State Building.  Saw some great paintings and sculptures at the Museum of Modern Art.  People were very nice, not at all like New Yorkers are usually portrayed.

Method Ham

Upright Citizen's Brigade Theater.  I saw SNL (Horatio Sanz and he blond that does the news now) cast members perform 10 feet in front of my face and it was free!
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

hogsgrl09

great.....the same kind of plane im riding in to O Hare has landing problems...and we are landing there.  :( :-\ lol. pray for me....my first flight and sooo excited and soo nervous. lol

thanks everyone for your info! ill try and do as much as i can!