Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Inclusive Resorts in Jamaica ?

Started by davidharwood, December 17, 2009, 04:22:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidharwood

Sandals or Beaches? Which one and what location is best for 2 old Arkansas fogeys?
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Boarcephus

December 18, 2009, 10:14:39 am #2 Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:23:25 am by Boarcephus
Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 18, 2009, 12:37:28 am
Stay away from Ocho Rios.

I'd almost stay away from jamaica all together.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

YepItsMe

Sandals.  It's couples only kids aren't allowed.  Beaches is owned by the same people as Sandals but its for families.  So if you want rest and relaxtion and no kids running around screwing.  Sandals.  Iw ent to the one in the Bahama's it was freaking awesome.  Loved every second of it.  Can't wait to go to another Sandals.

davidharwood

thanks for the help everybody...we actually were planning to go to Ocho Rios...what's the problem with it?  dangerous?
My name has been carved on the UA sidewalks a total of 3 times, and my daughter's twice, but when I stop getting chills from the Alma Mater and the opening of the Hog Pen gates, I'll know it's time to stay home by the fireplace and wait for the new John Sandford novel.

Boarcephus

Quote from: davidharwood on December 18, 2009, 09:49:24 pm
thanks for the help everybody...we actually were planning to go to Ocho Rios...what's the problem with it?  dangerous?

Very much so.  As long as you stay on the property, you should be fine.  IMHO, Jamaica markets itself very well but Sandals has better, safer islands to go to.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Melhog

Take a look at Iberostar Grand in Montego Bay. Ranked #1 overall by Tripadvisor. Adults only also just like sandals.

NodNarB

Just returned from Couples Swept Away in Negril and far as I'm concerned you couldn't ask for a better all inclusive. The staff and the food were awesome and pretty much never left the beach for 6 days.

baitshop

Stayed in the Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay 3 years ago. Had my college age kids with me so we were there during the Spring Break season. It made the scenery a little better and we had no issues with having that many college age kids around.

http://www.sunsetbeachresort.com/

Very well priced. Five minute cab ride to Montego Bay. It is not a 5 Star but you don't pay 5 Star prices either. It has 3 pools and 3 different beaches, one of which is a clothes optional beach (it is out of sight on the far edge of the property if that is not something that interest's you). The food was good, drinks not real strong, rooms were more than nice. Beaches and sunsets were to die for.

Wherever you end up staying, a trip to Dunn's Falls is an absolute must.

My opinion is like everyone else's that you have heard....stay away from Ocho Rios....
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

baitshop

Here is another little tidbit about a Jamaica trip that you may find interesting.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_flight_overshoots_runway

??? ???
"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

davidharwood

appreciate all the great help..thanks !!