Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anybody going to Gulf Shores/Orange Beach this summer?

Started by COCHISE, May 06, 2008, 10:20:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

May 06, 2008, 10:20:06 pm Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 03:38:41 pm by dj shanon
Some friends and I try to go every year, we're going up this year for July 4th weekend, July 2-6 and staying in Orange Beach.  Any Hogvillians gonna be there?  Where do ya'll usually go for a summer vacation?

hogstriper

Usually on my summer vacations, I go to work.... :(

I need a new job.

Going to Disney with my oldest daughter this year tho!

IronHog

Quote from: 870 RZR on May 06, 2008, 10:20:06 pm
    Where do ya'll usually go for a summer vacation?

lake ouachita

I like the pie at Shang Ra La!
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Section B

Some friends and I try to go every year, we're going up this year for July 4th weekend, July 2-6 and staying in Orange Beach.  Any Hogvillians gonna be there?  Where do ya'll usually go for a summer vacation?

Beebe, Gould, etc works for me but unfortunately Mrs Sec8 usually has other ideas, and you've got to keep mama happy.
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

TaylorMade7Degree

Also heading the Gulfshores/Orange Beach this summer ... June 8th.  Staying at Phoenix on the Bay, just like we did last year.  Will once again order a dozen raw oysters before every meal, and end every evening with a Bailey's on the rocks.  We'll do the same stuff we always do ... go to the NAS Musuem over in Pensacola, play some golf, go shopping with the lovely Mrs., go red snapper fishing with the young Razorback, rent a boat and go tooling around the bay, go on a Dolphin watching cruise ... and go to Hooters!  Can't wait!

Taylormade 7 Degree

selfexplanatory

Went three weeks ago to Orange Beach.  Had a great time.  My son loves airplanes and loved the Naval   museum in Pensacola.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

1highhog

I usually go to Kauai each year for a vacation, but this year my wife and I have to go to Orlando because of our kids.  I have never been to Orange Beach.  Is it pretty nice?  I would love to start going to places a little closer to home.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

Rev. Jerry Falwell

Bro. 'ZR,

June 02 - 06:  Memphis Department of Correction - 40 hours community punishment

July 07 - 18:  Saline County Correctional Facility - 80 hours community punishment

August 11 - 18:  Angola State Prison - "Scared Straight" participant

Probably won't make the beach this summer.

AMEN & PASS THE VASOLINE

Rev. Jerry
Goats are handy...milk, cheese, mower, fertilizer, sex toy, BBQ.  They're like the swiss army knife of animals.......you can quote me on this....

The Hawg Marshal

I'm going to be in Orange beach the 3rd week of June. Then Vegas the second week of August.

COCHISE

Quote from: TaylorMade7Degree on May 06, 2008, 11:36:01 pm
Also heading the Gulfshores/Orange Beach this summer ... June 8th.  Staying at Phoenix on the Bay, just like we did last year.  Will once again order a dozen raw oysters before every meal, and end every evening with a Bailey's on the rocks.  We'll do the same stuff we always do ... go to the NAS Musuem over in Pensacola, play some golf, go shopping with the lovely Mrs., go red snapper fishing with the young Razorback, rent a boat and go tooling around the bay, go on a Dolphin watching cruise ... and go to Hooters!  Can't wait!

Taylormade 7 Degree
We'll be at the Phoenix V in Orange Beach.  If you get a chance go to Live Bait, nice bar with good bands.

hogwild32

I'll be going to the Outter Banks this summer.  Not Gulf Shores, but it will do.

Junkyard Hog

Going to Key West at the end of the month and then to Gulf Shores in September.

FT LNG CHILI HOG

Going june 7 thru june 14.  Staying at the Tidewater....usually stay at the Pheonix but it was full!

RhodeHog

We're going to South Padre Memorial Day week.  It's not near as pretty as the Gulf Shores, Orange Beach, Destin area.  But it's nice because you can drive on the beach and find your own secluded spot to enjoy the ocean. 

malibu327

since we are talking about vacations. i have an apartment reserved for memorial weekend at brady mountain. think its $70 a night. fixing to call them this week and cancel it and get my money back. i bought a house on the north side of the lake so i dont need it anymore. just trying to help someone that might wanna stay there. you have to reserve that stuff a year or more in advance. i reserved it last year at this time. but if someone seriously wants it i could call them you and them at the same time or something and see if we could get the names swapped. of course i will get my deposit back from them though. its two bedroom. you can look on their website for more details. i went in and looked at it last year and its ok, nothing fancy, but its a great deal for the money, especially if you invite another couple.

Ragnar Hogbrok

Went to Destin this spring,  it was awesome.  Lots of hot, young chicks there, but that was srping break.. Maybe if you have some bourbon with you........it would be awesome!!!!!!!!

But, being stuck in lower Alabama, anything is better than being here.  But, truly, Destin is really nice.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: wocraig on May 11, 2008, 12:29:46 am
Went to Destin this spring,  it was awesome.  Lots of hot, young chicks there, but that was srping break.. Maybe if you have some bourbon with you........it would be awesome!!!!!!!!

But, being stuck in lower Alabama, anything is better than being here.  But, truly, Destin is really nice.

We are going this summer - first time for me.

I grew up in Central America, so I've been spoiled by great beaches.  I lived in south FL for a while I'm not a big fan of the beaches there.

I've heard Destin is really nice so I'm looking forward to it.  We will be on a condo right on the beach.

Any suggestions on places to eat, drink, etc.?

Also, I would like to scuba dive or snorkel - anyone do this in that area - any suggestions?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ArmyHog

Has anybody ever stayed at the Phoenix V in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area? We were thinking about heading down there in July.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: ArmyHog on May 14, 2008, 08:16:23 am
Has anybody ever stayed at the Phoenix V in the Gulf Shores/Orange Beach area? We were thinking about heading down there in July.

I've stayed there.  We liked it fine but we prefer Admiral's Quarters.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: dj shanon on May 11, 2008, 03:38:17 pm

I grew up in Central America, so I've been spoiled by great beaches.  I lived in south FL for a while I'm not a big fan of the beaches there.

I've heard Destin is really nice so I'm looking forward to it.  We will be on a condo right on the beach.

Also, I would like to scuba dive or snorkel - anyone do this in that area - any suggestions?

Just go to Destin Harbor... lots of good eats on the Harbor.  Good lunch deals but it's neat to see the boats coming in with their catch in the late afternoon.  AJ's is great!
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

porkinsons disease

Quote from: dj shanon on May 11, 2008, 03:38:17 pm

For eats, go to the usual Harbor Docks , McGuires, Ruth's Chris, Destin Chops, etc. IMO, Louisiana Lagniappe is the best hands down. Great Food that won't break the bank.

Snorkeling is best at the jetties and if you want to dive go see Carla at Scuba Tech (on the north side of 98 ).

If you wanna drink, AJ's is good, but very touristy. I like Hell n Back on Okaloosa island better.

Hope this helps and hope you have a good time. Summers can be trying in Destin. The best times to go are in May( pre-Memorial Day) and late August-mid October.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011