Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All-Inclusive resorts in the Carribean?

Started by murphy_three, March 20, 2007, 04:38:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

murphy_three

Looking for a good resort in the Carribean.  Any recommendations?  Want something on a beach with good sand and good food.  Not into nightlife just want someplace to eat and relax on the beach with no kids.  Thanks in advance.

HOGMINI

Sandals resorts (Sandals.com)  I have been to two of them in Jamaica.  You can PM for more info if you would like.  It is a couples resort (or group of couples) and there are no kids allowed.  You can participate in the games and activities offered or do like me and just lounge on the beach and in the pools all day.  If you are interested you should contact Airways Travel in Fayetteville.  They are a Sandals "authorized" travel agent.  They give orientations on the resorts and if you attend you can get a discount.  I have always talked to Tracy or Missy there at Airways.

murphy_three

UhOhioHog

Check out the Royal Plantation in Ocho Rios.  Rated the best resort in the entire Carribean!

The Wife and I are going in June.  Small resort with only 70 some rooms.  Very private, unlike the big Sandals resorts.  Made for those who want solitude and relaxation.  Get the Royal Plan (all inclusive).  It's part of the Sandals family and gets Great reviews.

Check TripAdvisor.com as well for more info.

Boarcephus

We're going to try this place in October.  One of the doctors I work with spent a week there and said this was the prettiest, nicest place he'd ever been to.  Adults only, great restaurants, etc.

http://www.iberostar.com/EN/Riviera-Maya-hotels/Iberostar-Grand-Hotel-Paraiso_3_117.html
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

JM Gorilla

I like the smaller resorts. 

I loved Anse Chastenet in St. Lucia, and also the Crane Beach Hotel in Barbados.  Both have excellent views, food, and atmosphere. 

tbailey

going to barcelo maya beach in november(about 1 hr. south of cancun)5 resorts wrapped into one so if you dont like the one yor at you can go to one of the others and use. the beach is supposed to be awesome im going for scuba and snorkeling, little cheaper than couples and sandals. I loved couples ochos rios in jamaica, but they will be closed for renovations this november.

cosmodrum

For my honeymoon, I went to the Moon Palace in Cancun. It's about 15 minutes south of the strip, so it's much more relaxed. The Moon Palace is mostly honeymooners and folks celebrating anniversaries. It's all inclusive, and the rooms are great. Nice hot tub, and a huge marble shower with the best shower head I've ever used. It has several restaurants, and a HUGE free-form pool with a swim-up bar. It has it's own private beach. The staff treats you so great. You don't have to tip, and they still remember you by name. Oh, and if you go to one of the Palace resorts, you get a wristband that lets you eat, swim, etc, at all the other Palace resorts.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. We had a great time.
Go away, batin'

selfexplanatory

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 20, 2008, 02:30:56 pm
For my honeymoon, I went to the Moon Palace in Cancun. It's about 15 minutes south of the strip, so it's much more relaxed. The Moon Palace is mostly honeymooners and folks celebrating anniversaries. It's all inclusive, and the rooms are great. Nice hot tub, and a huge marble shower with the best shower head I've ever used. It has several restaurants, and a HUGE free-form pool with a swim-up bar. It has it's own private beach. The staff treats you so great. You don't have to tip, and they still remember you by name. Oh, and if you go to one of the Palace resorts, you get a wristband that lets you eat, swim, etc, at all the other Palace resorts.

Anyway, I highly recommend it. We had a great time.

I got married at Moon Palace...we stayed 7 days and only left once.  We plan on going back when my son gets a little older.  We loved it.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

cosmodrum

Quote from: selfexplanatory on February 20, 2008, 02:39:37 pm
I got married at Moon Palace...we stayed 7 days and only left once.  We plan on going back when my son gets a little older.  We loved it.

Wow, awesome wedding! Yeah, we're thinking of going back, too. We had so much fun. I loved the al fresco restaurant that served steaks, corn, shrimp, potatoes, etc. It was great because you could walk right up to the guy on the grill, tell him how you want it cooked, then he cuts one open and asks if that looks good to you. Not to mention, the margaritas were nice and strong.
Go away, batin'

cwwyatt

Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda is BEAUTIFUL.  It is expensive, but well worth it.  Small resort run by Rosewood so service and food is top notch.  Plus, if you go in the summer it is off season and cheaper.

The Island is very small and easy to get around.  Something like only 6 miles across.  You have to visit the Baths if you decide to go. 

Their website is www.littledixbay.com

selfexplanatory

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 20, 2008, 02:43:33 pm
Wow, awesome wedding! Yeah, we're thinking of going back, too. We had so much fun. I loved the al fresco restaurant that served steaks, corn, shrimp, potatoes, etc. It was great because you could walk right up to the guy on the grill, tell him how you want it cooked, then he cuts one open and asks if that looks good to you. Not to mention, the margaritas were nice and strong.

The Asian restaurant rocked as well.  The staff was A plus.
This year's nominee for the Coopy award.
Quote from: majp51 on June 02, 2010, 03:27:42 pm
Err, now I know it's easy to bash Shiloh Christian, but I'm pretty there aren't that many high schools in Arkansas that have a player picked in the 3rd round of the NFL Draft.
Or have you forgotten where Damian Williams played school?

dfresh

Quote from: cwwyatt on February 21, 2008, 12:36:17 pm
Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda is BEAUTIFUL.  It is expensive, but well worth it.  Small resort run by Rosewood so service and food is top notch.  Plus, if you go in the summer it is off season and cheaper.

The Island is very small and easy to get around.  Something like only 6 miles across.  You have to visit the Baths if you decide to go. 

Their website is www.littledixbay.com

Cheaper doesn't make it cheap, we stayed there this past June (which is the offseason) and it was about $725 per night.  With that being said, it was the most memorable resort I've ever been to.  Food was great, beach is beautiful, more to do on the Island than people think.  Caneel Bay on St John is a sister resort.  Same kinda place.

Georgio's Table is a MUST for anyone that goes to Virgin Gorda!