Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady Back Soccer

Started by ste4236, August 18, 2006, 11:15:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

HAMMOND – Arkansas scored two goals in the final 14 minutes to break open a tight match and send Southeastern Louisiana to its first defeat of the season, 4-1, Sunday afternoon at the Southeastern Soccer Complex

Arkansas 1-1

Next game- vs. Northeastern St, Sept 1 @ 7

HolcombeHog

Quote from: ste4236 on August 27, 2006, 01:33:16 am
Quote from: HolcombeHog on August 27, 2006, 01:02:50 am
Quote from: chiefsfan on August 18, 2006, 01:38:40 pm
Quote from: 311Hog on August 18, 2006, 11:43:01 am
Lady Back soccer is one of the "no men" sports that i think Title 9 mandates.  IE i mean the University has to have sponsered sports that they dont sponser for men. There are no Razorback softball and soccer teams for men for this reason.

And yeah i use to live in CT right across the street from the Ladyback soccer field it sure is nice.

Does the NCAA even sponsor Mens Softball as a sport??

No, they don't sponsor men's softball as a sport.  I actually play on the U of A Softball Club, though.  That's the closest thing to being an NCAA sport.
Holcombe? I'm in Futrall!

Its cool NotShavin, I'm just a little touchy when people bash womens sports because i have so many friend girls that are athletes both here and elsewhere, along with me helping in the womens SID

Cool, I lived there my freshmen year.  I lived in Holcombe Hall the past 3 years.

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 18, 2006, 11:47:39 am
Quote from: 311Hog on August 18, 2006, 11:43:01 am
Lady Back soccer is one of the "no men" sports that i think Title 9 mandates.  IE i mean the University has to have sponsered sports that they dont sponser for men. There are no Razorback softball and soccer teams for men for this reason.

And yeah i use to live in CT right across the street from the Ladyback soccer field it sure is nice.

That's not how Title IX works.

There is nothing preventing the UA from adding a men's soccer team. Of course, doing so might mean the football team would lose $100,000 in spending money.

So how long will it take to get a womens football team?

ste4236

Freshman Kelsey Martin had 2 goals this afternoon!

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

H&D

Quote from: beatnikluv on August 18, 2006, 11:38:58 am
Not to be snarky, but I didn't even know we had a women's soccer team. . . Thats awesome!

Yeah it's kinda sad really acouple of weeks ago the wife and I where at the mall and all the girls were sitting at tables I guess to sign autographs but everyone I heard talking could not figure out what they were there for, not even the kids cared.  I mean they had to put out soccer balls just to help people out.  All the girls seemed kinda embarrassed.  Now that I think about it was kinda funny.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

H&D

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 27, 2006, 09:34:05 am
Well look at our Softball Pitcher

Yeah let see a picture of you I bet GQ isn't knocking your door down. Don't be an A$$.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

ste4236

Quote from: The Realtor on August 28, 2006, 10:44:27 am
Quote from: beatnikluv on August 18, 2006, 11:38:58 am
Not to be snarky, but I didn't even know we had a women's soccer team. . . Thats awesome!

Yeah it's kinda sad really acouple of weeks ago the wife and I where at the mall and all the girls were sitting at tables I guess to sign autographs but everyone I heard talking could not figure out what they were there for, not even the kids cared.  I mean they had to put out soccer balls just to help people out.  All the girls seemed kinda embarrassed.  Now that I think about it was kinda funny.
At a football / baseball school like Arkansas, soccer just doesnt get the attention it deserves.. well... anywhere in the midwest for that matter. They need all the publicity they can get, and I will help them in doing so. Soccer is looking really strong this year, SMS is a good team. You know things are looking up when you have a freshman score 2 goals in the 2nd game of the season.

"Cajun King"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: The Realtor on August 28, 2006, 10:48:58 am
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 27, 2006, 09:34:05 am
Well look at our Softball Pitcher

Yeah let see a picture of you I bet GQ isn't knocking your door down. Don't be an A$$.

But he is so GOOD AT IT!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ste4236

"Cajun King"

ste4236

"Cajun King"

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

hogfan13

@

Next up are the redmen of Northeastern St

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 28, 2006, 08:47:05 pm
@

Go to bed, it is past your bedtime.

ste4236

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 28, 2006, 08:47:05 pm
@

Should be an interesting game. The two of us are somewhat of rivals due to Northeastern State being in Tahlequah, OK. Lady'Backs have never faced the Redmen before, I know I'll be there!

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

The Lady Reds are 0-2 and had a home game with Harding today.