Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady Back Soccer

Started by ste4236, August 18, 2006, 11:15:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ste4236

Exhibition game tonight at 7:00 against Oral Roberts in Fayetteville.
I'll be there because I'm assigned to do an article on the incoming freshman for the Traveler.

Anyone think that Coach Henderson can atleast get the Lady Backs back to .500 this season?

"Cajun King"

Student at Colorado State University

beatnikluv

Not to be snarky, but I didn't even know we had a women's soccer team. . . Thats awesome!

ste4236

Quote from: beatnikluv on August 18, 2006, 11:38:58 am
Not to be snarky, but I didn't even know we had a women's soccer team. . . Thats awesome!
Reallly? They have a pretty big stadium just off of Razorback Rd. and Sixth Street

"Cajun King"

beatnikluv

I don't live in Fayetteville.

311Hog

Lady Back soccer is one of the "no men" sports that i think Title 9 mandates.  IE i mean the University has to have sponsered sports that they dont sponser for men. There are no Razorback softball and soccer teams for men for this reason.

And yeah i use to live in CT right across the street from the Ladyback soccer field it sure is nice.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: ste4236 on August 18, 2006, 11:15:58 am
I'll be there because I'm assigned to do an article on the incoming freshman for the Traveler.

Anyone think that Coach Henderson can atleast get the Lady Backs back to .500 this season?
We have any good looking girls on the team?

DevilHog

Quote from: pioneerbasketball on August 18, 2006, 11:55:16 am

Doubtful.

311Hog

Yeah thats why i said "i think" im not sure i just know that a few friends of mine played HS soccer and were disappointed they couldnt play for the UofA.

No idea on the particulars of Title 9.

hogsNbeer

oldfart

basically it says if you have 85 guys on football scholarship you gotta have 85 gals on some sort of athletic scholarship.. so in essence it has about wiped out minor mens sports teams in swimming wrestling etc around the country ............

Quote from: 311Hog on August 18, 2006, 11:57:25 am
Yeah thats why i said "i think" im not sure i just know that a few friends of mine played HS soccer and were disappointed they couldnt play for the UofA.

No idea on the particulars of Title 9.

litmachog

That is going to be tough.  They were picked 5th in the West so apparently there are low expectations.  I don't know anything about the coach but I'd like to see them become successful.

chaoticfun

Just my two cents...I am female and played soccer in high school.  In the fall of '94 I went out of state to play in college because the U of A women's team wasn't receptive to attaining players from Arkansas, its home state.  We had some really great players on our high school championship team and not one of them heard a peep from the U of A, which was only 50 miles north of us.  AND, we played teams in thier backyard, so it wasn't for lack of opportunity to see us play.  Of course, at the time, soccer was still not sactioned as a school sport yet in Arkansas (but it was within the next few years).  Its crazy to consider how much money went into the women's soccer program and facilities, only to realize that they weren't even interested in anyone from their homestate being on the team.  It was also a slap in the face to every female who was playing in the state and trying to grow the sport. 
So, yeah, we have had a team for quite a while and they have an amazing facility...AND its nice to see that 5 of thier current players are from Arkansas!

PS--I would attend, but its a 3 hour drive!!!

chiefsfan

Quote from: 311Hog on August 18, 2006, 11:43:01 am
Lady Back soccer is one of the "no men" sports that i think Title 9 mandates.  IE i mean the University has to have sponsered sports that they dont sponser for men. There are no Razorback softball and soccer teams for men for this reason.

And yeah i use to live in CT right across the street from the Ladyback soccer field it sure is nice.

Does the NCAA even sponsor Mens Softball as a sport??
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Pig Power

Quote from: DevilHog on August 18, 2006, 11:57:02 am

Doubtful.
There are some lookers on that team... WPS

LRCentralTiger

The best incoming freshman will not be playing this year.  Tore her ACL before high school soccer started.  Sarah Finn.

ste4236

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on August 18, 2006, 01:46:44 pm
The best incoming freshman will not be playing this year.  Tore her ACL before high school soccer started.  Sarah Finn.
I just talked to her the other day and she seemed ok.

On the record: I'm not at liberty to say
Off the record: Yes

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

I'm going tonight. Gonna have my big Razorback Flag with me. Watch for me who ever is going. It will be fun. Cheap to get in.

All reserved seats $5.00

General Admission 
Adult $4.00
UA Student $2.00
Youth (Under 18) $2.00
Groups* $1.00

COme on

ste4236

Freshman Lady Backs:

3 - Sarah Finn - D

22 - Jackie Booker - Goalie

18 - Kelsey Martin - MF

23 - Kylee Mesler - D

20 - Kat Moffett - MF

15 - Kathleen Paulsen - MF

7 - Kim Schleif - MF

21 - Rachel Smith - D

10 - Katie Somadelis - MF

13 - Sophie Wentz - MF

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

Whitney Allison

I know her dad's Friend

ste4236

wellllllllll rachel smith is my friends roommate... HA!
(Just messin around) ;)

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

ya. Well look at my sister

J/K

ste4236

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

Come on out and enjoy some girls kicking some balls around

hogfan13

Well. I'm off. Talk to ya guys later.

Full Report later tonight.

WOOOO PIG SOOIE

hogtheball

Quote from: Pig Power on August 18, 2006, 01:45:02 pm
Quote from: DevilHog on August 18, 2006, 11:57:02 am

Doubtful.
There are some lookers on that team... WPS

Actually, the UofA women's soccer team is sort of notorious for having cute girls.  One of the former coaches was thought to have been recruiting cute girls sometimes at the expense of recruiting talented ones.  I'm all for it.  My brother married one of them.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

hogfan13

Dwight_K_Shrute

Dahhhhhhhhhm Dwight K Shrute wishing he was 20 years younger and 100 pounds lighter.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 18, 2006, 05:30:17 pm
Well. I'm off. Talk to ya guys later.

Full Report later tonight.

WOOOO PIG SOOIE
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 18, 2006, 09:33:54 pm
Lady'Backs Won 3-0

Love the full report, jk :P, glad we beat Oral Roberts.  What other non-con schools will we be facing this year?

hogfan13

That was my Hogville report  ajs15razorman .
as for the other non-ies

Fri, Aug 25   Missouri State     
Sun, Aug 27   S.E. Louisiana     
Fri, Sep 01   Northeastern State   
Sun, Sep 03   Liberty 

Lady Razorback Classic 
Fri, Sep 08   Louisiana Tech 
Sun, Sep 10   Alabama A&M   

Fri, Sep 15   Tulsa   
Sun, Sep 17   Memphis

ste4236

We open the season next week at Mizzou State.

Kat Moffett had an awesome first goal with a header off the cross bar (assist by Kylee Mesler).
FRESHMEN!!!

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

GOT TO LOVE THE FRESH MEAT

hogfan13

August 19, 2006, 04:03:01 pm #32 Last Edit: August 19, 2006, 04:05:56 pm by Hognoxious Jr
I did my best on the pics

According to the fans. It rained
This post will be edited with more pics

hogfan13

At the end of the rain storm. There was a cool rainbow

ste4236

I saw you dude. Im in one of those pics... cant tell its me unless you are me. lol

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

hoggerdinger

ste4236

Missouri State defeated the Lady'Backs 3-2 in 2OT in the season opener up in Springfield tonight.
It's OK! We'll get it going!

"Cajun King"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Nobody cares about women's sports unless they are trying to get laid...........
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hogfan13

They go back at it tomorrow against SE Louisiana.

@

SquirrelMasterFunk

Why is this even back?
Don't you people know that this is taking away from peoples Matt Jones time?  ;)
:razorback:
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

ste4236

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 26, 2006, 03:26:43 am
OR you actually care about the University's athletic programs and youre officially covering them for the paper or maybe even covering them on radio? AHhh, yes... THere's an Idea! I like the first one the most!

"Cajun King"

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ste4236 on August 26, 2006, 11:18:54 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 26, 2006, 03:26:43 am
OR you actually care about the University's athletic programs and youre officially covering them for the paper or maybe even covering them on radio? AHhh, yes... THere's an Idea! I like the first one the most!

I am actually a big soccer fan, I was only joking.  I apologize..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

bigred7987

I love womens soccer that and volleyball are the only ones I will watch

HolcombeHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on August 18, 2006, 01:38:40 pm

No, they don't sponsor men's softball as a sport.  I actually play on the U of A Softball Club, though.  That's the closest thing to being an NCAA sport.

ste4236

Quote from: HolcombeHog on August 27, 2006, 01:02:50 am
Quote from: chiefsfan on August 18, 2006, 01:38:40 pm

No, they don't sponsor men's softball as a sport.  I actually play on the U of A Softball Club, though.  That's the closest thing to being an NCAA sport.
Holcombe? I'm in Futrall!

Its cool NotShavin, I'm just a little touchy when people bash womens sports because i have so many friend girls that are athletes both here and elsewhere, along with me helping in the womens SID

"Cajun King"

hogfan13

I'll be at all the games. It won't be hard to miss me. Look for the Teenager with the Huge Razorback Flag

hogfan13

Well look at our Softball Pitcher

ste4236

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on August 27, 2006, 09:34:05 am
Well look at our Softball Pitcher

What does Katy Henry have to do with anything?

"Cajun King"