Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady'Backs changes . . .

Started by TorsinAHog, March 02, 2006, 06:09:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_Smith

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 03, 2006, 02:34:45 pm
What happen to all of Bill Smith post?  ???  He went out on hat limb all by his self, let him stand by the comments.  :puke:

Um, maybe it was the merge that was made on all the similar Susie threads (I'm not on-line very consistantly since our stat crew is working the women's tournament this weekend).

If I'm not here real quick, its because I'll disappear for the working hours of the tournament.
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

hogman64

Mickie Demoss has been at Kentucky three years and It is pretty obvious that she doesnt need anyone on any message board talking about scheduling, injuries, the shape the program was in when she got there, making secret inuendos about the old coach  or anything else because she is a winner and had a winning plan from the start.
                                                                                                                            Her record has improved every year since she has been at Kentucky and correct me if I am wrong but I dont think Kentucky had been any better than Ark over the years before she got there and I think we had had more success during that period.  She can talk about her recruiting class next year and also show what she has done the LAST THREE.   All our coach , SG,  and her supporters can talk about is what a great class she has coming in, not one thing can be said about what she has actually DONE, because what she has done is turn our program into one of the two worst in the league.   What reason do we have to think she will do any better next year?
                                                                                                                          Susie Gardner is an embarrassment, Mickie DeMoss is a winner, they go about their jobs in two different ways and they come out with two different results.  DeMoss makes $300,000 a year ,  I assume Susie makes some less but probably not much.. Season ticktet sales have increased by 4,000 a year since MD arrival , that pretty much settles the salary issue in the budget doesnt it?  Kentucky women averaged 5,600 a game... The Arkansas fans would do even better than that if we had a women's athletic dept and a university that was serious about giving us a  quality product...

This Arkansas basketball program under SG is a TOTAL JOKE now and will continue to be a total joke until some heads are chopped and new leadership is on the hill....Why does a program that cheats their fans with a half ass effort to produce a winner deserve any support at all??

I am not comparing us to Tenn, LSU, Florida or Vandy here , this is a realistic comparison to what can happen to a traditionally  lessor or comparable  program that gets a quailty coach. great things can happen and we do not have a quality womens basketball coach..

OKhogfan1959

What recruits has she signed that will turn the program around? What juco nothing are we begging to come to Arkansas? I am not aware of these bigtime recruits. Are you talking about the Northside girls? I have seen them and they won't turn the program around. Good players for high school but they aren't dominant.

hogman64

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on March 04, 2006, 12:04:33 pm
What recruits has she signed that will turn the program around? What juco nothing are we begging to come to Arkansas? I am not aware of these bigtime recruits. Are you talking about the Northside girls? I have seen them and they won't turn the program around. Good players for high school but they aren't dominant.

supposedly she has a HS all american.. bill smith defends her by saying among some other things that she has this great recrutiing class for next year....but I never hear anything about the results she has produced so far and three years is long enough to show improvement, she hasnt..IMO it is a cut and dried case of she needs to be fired.. they just arent going to do it.

Razorjacks

I would rather have Ricky Smith (FSNS). I think he could be a big winner at UA. He learned from Foley.

OKhogfan1959

My question is who has she signed? Who is she recruiting that is a difference maker? Tell me those names. I don't know about her recruiting good because you need names.

hogman64

Quote from: OKhogfan1959 on March 04, 2006, 04:25:31 pm
My question is who has she signed? Who is she recruiting that is a difference maker? Tell me those names. I don't know about her recruiting good because you need names.

I never said she did recruit that great, but was saying that argument has been made . I say fire Susie Gardner...

Kendra Roberts... F.S. Northside

Tanisha Smith...Kansas City, Mo...........supposedly the best recruit

Charity Ford.... Arlington, Tx   #13 player in tx

Ashley  Wilson........Byhalia,Miss..........didnt play her Jr year.

maybe someone close to the program can clue us in on how these recruits are going to pull our program out of being one of the worst two in  the SEC........

wrightobe

Quote from: Jerry Swinefeld on March 02, 2006, 02:27:06 pm
Why would she NOT get fired?
When coaches get "fired", they still get paid based on their contract.  I know that is basic 101 stuff, but eventually, it gets very expensive, as most contracts or a minimum of 4 years with rollover extensions.  So if we fired Nutt, Heath, and Gardener, and replaced with 3 other coaches with similar contracts, and there is no guarantee of success, that is winning and high national ranking, who pays these big salaries for people who are not working?

coolhog

You can tell how serious Bev Lewis is about winning in Basketball,
when she didnt trry to retain gary Blair a winning coach for a
unproven one. She said that Bev will take us to the next level, HA!
Gary is taken Texas A&M to the next level, we are sinking.
Losing to a Below average Ole Miss by 30 points?
YOu see how serious Kentucky's A.D. got, by hiring there new coach from
Tennessee. It took her 3 years to do it, do get them into the NCAA Tourney.
Look where we are in 3 years, when Susie arrived she had Shameka and still didnt
get into the tourney.  Bev wont fire her because she doesnt want to admit she was wrong
hiring her.  She should have kept Gary and not let her personal grudges run coaches off.

tophawg19

this thread is proof that a lot of folks care about the lady backs and if you put a good team on the floor the fans will come . gymnastics is proof of that .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

OKhogfan1959

Tophawg I agree with you! If they win fans will come..I was at the state tourney in Ok City where over 10,000 fans filled up the bighouse to watch high school girls teams from Howe Oklahoma and tiny Frontier Ok play in the state finals in 2004..The crowd was awesome and if they start winning Arkansas could draw those kinds of crowds..IMO>.

tophawg19

all we are missing is a coach and a few players and we are ready to go .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins