Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady 'Backs

Started by Breems, December 09, 2010, 09:16:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Breems

Does anyone have any idea how ol' Tom's got the Lady 'Backs goin this year?

I saw that they were 9-0, but I'm not sure of the quality of the opponents.  I also saw they were receiving votes for the top 25.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

yraciv

Sargarin has them at 52 in his rankings, and 4th in the SEC, but jury is still out.  They killed Middle Tennessee who always has a good team and beat Utah on the road, but other than that no good women's teams.  Surprisingly close wins against UTEP and Florida A&M are helping their schedule some. We'll see shortly when they face OU, but I have a feeling this year might be only slightly better than 07/08, where they had a similar hot start.

heathtits

Hasn't he been recruiting really BA?

Susy Gardner drove this program into the GROUND. Worst hire ever. Makes Heath and Pelphrey look like Self and SHUSHVSKYSKSKSIEIEEIE dukie.

3kgthog

The bottom will fall out once conference play starts. It always does for the Ladybacks.

Breems

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 10, 2010, 12:32:36 am
The bottom will fall out once conference play starts. It always does for the Ladybacks.

LoL ok, thanks for the warning.

Hootiethehog

it seems like every year they go through the nonconference schedule unscathed or nearly so, but falter a bit once they hit the gauntlet that is the sec.
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 10, 2010, 12:32:36 am

Good point.  Once they start playing the likes of Georgia, Tennessee, Vandy, LSU, they're exposed for being weak.  They always seem to get blown out at home versus Florida, too.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Kevin

they do this every year.  need to win conference games.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

c-townfan

^ What he said is what usually happens for the Lady Backs.

hogfan98

Quote from: heathtits on December 10, 2010, 12:04:13 am
Hasn't he been recruiting really BA?

Susy Gardner drove this program into the GROUND. Worst hire ever. Makes Heath and Pelphrey look like Self and SHUSHVSKYSKSKSIEIEEIE dukie.

At least they got rid of Blair.  He can't coach at all.  Look what he's done to TAMU....oh wait.

The_Iceman

Quote from: hogfan98 on December 10, 2010, 05:46:35 pm
At least they got rid of Blair.  He can't coach at all.  Look what he's done to TAMU....oh wait.

Worst fire and hire:

Nolan to Heath OR Blair to Garner?

Hootiethehog

blair to garner was inexplicable. with nolan, his public persona started outweighing the team.
with the ladybacks, they took a good coach and replaced him with a warm body in a pantssuit
Please note that my screen name is not an endorsement of any former coach at the University of Arkansas, nor does it mean I am in cahoots with the group that produces a yearly high school football magazine.
It is simply an old nickname I picked up 20 years ago with "thehog" added on to it.

razorback45

Well I'm optimistic for the Lady Razorbacks this year.  With Watson and the other post, they are getting some good play and they are getting some good play out of Ciera in her Jr year and some other supporting cast.  I dont think they will win the SEC but they wont be in the basement this year.  I think they will be a competitor this year for the upper tier.

BUT, as you say the jury is still out.  Lets see how they are in a month or so when they have met some good to great teams.
!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

hogfan98

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 10, 2010, 06:20:18 pm
Worst fire and hire:

Nolan to Heath OR Blair to Garner?

Blair to Gardner.  No doubt.

Beaverfever

I went to a game and am pretty shocked they are undefeated.  I am going to go out on a limb and guess their SOS isn't much better than the mens team. 

mbgrulz

Collen is a great guy, but this program won't be for real with that staff. They are not a big time D1 staff. They will faulter in the SEC.

Recruiting wise, he is not keeping up with the Jones'. He lost a STUD out of his back yard in Morgan Hook last year. She has TWICE set the freshmen record at OU for 3's with 7. She has scored 51 points in their last two home games combined.

Hook & OU will be here to drill the Ladybacks December 19th. That will answer your question about our 9-0 start. It is false. 

MLSHog

Im gonna bump this seeing as they just beat #12 ranked OU by ten, They are 11-0 and might be ranked in the next polls that come out.

Boarford T. Justice

There was one?

The fact that this thread exists is an indictment on one John Leslie Pelphrey.

#FreeMarquel

apcapri

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 11, 2010, 07:11:57 pm
Hook & OU will be here to drill the Ladybacks December 19th. That will answer your question about our 9-0 start. It is false. 

Hahahaha!

deaeterna

Collen is a great guy, but this program won't be for real with that staff. They are not a big time D1 staff. They will faulter in the SEC.

Recruiting wise, he is not keeping up with the Jones'. He lost a STUD out of his back yard in Morgan Hook last year. She has TWICE set the freshmen record at OU for 3's with 7. She has scored 51 points in their last two home games combined.

I love to see people who talk such smack eat their words. Truly.

Razorbacks#1

Quote from: MLSHog on December 19, 2010, 07:24:42 pm
Im gonna bump this seeing as they just beat #12 ranked OU by ten, They are 11-0 and might be ranked in the next polls that come out.

They have some awesome players this year. They will surprise many.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

jackflash

They are bigger on the front line this year. Still some question on how well they shoot.

dddollars

Wow the ladybacks beat #12 OU 67-57 nice

baconsizzle

I will take my daughter to a womens game this year, before we attend another mens battle. Wps, I love hoops.

Breems

A nice upset over #12 Oklahoma by 10 points today.  WTG Lady Hogs!  If they continue to play well I may go catch some SEC games.  Let's hope their win over OK doesn't signify their season will end the way ours did in 08/09.

Cobi Hamilton Fan

Ouch!  :-\

Clarks Dad

The Razorback Women, or just Razorbacks. Are awesome this year. I'm glad they are doing well.
Clark, you were sent to us for a very special reason. And whatever that reason is, it's not to score touchdowns.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Woops. 

LibraryHog

Bet this dude doesn't come back to this thread!
BTW, Hook only scored 5 points...what a stud!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I refused to call coach Collen Tom last year and instead referred to him as Suzy.  I think he has earned his testes back.  Great win for the women.  May take my girls to go see a game over the break.  It looks like they are really playing hard.  I would also say in comparing them to the men that overall the quality of opponents may be better.  If they can just go 500 in conf they would be at 20 wins and should get an invite based on strength of the conference. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorbackLee

I went to the game last night and must say that this team is a good team.  Can they beat the Tennessee's?  Don't know, but I never once felt we were going to lose the game last night against OU.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: RazorbackLee on December 20, 2010, 03:56:44 pm
I went to the game last night and must say that this team is a good team.  Can they beat the Tennessee's?  Don't know, but I never once felt we were going to lose the game last night against OU.

How was the crowd.  I think the box score said 2,800 which isn't bad for the women's team on a Sunday over winter break.  I'm guessing since it was OU it was pretty lively. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

RazorbackLee

I thought it was a good crowd for a women's game.  I can't compare it to too many others because I haven't been to too many.  It was a close game for most of it, but when Arkansas finally went on their last run the crowd really got loud.  There was a good group of OU fans there too. 

wbbfan32

First of all, let me just say that I am so proud of this Arkansas women's team. I've had a different feeling about this team compared to the teams the past couple of years. Everynight, they go out expecting like they are supposed to win. Thats what they did last night against Oklahoma. The win in Utah was also a good one. They lost to #2 Stanford by 5 or 6 points.

It's great that many of you are talking about going to some games now and taking your families, but shouldn't we have been doing that all along? The reasons we havent had any success the past two years are 1. We had Susie Gardner coaching for too long and 2. we have an awful fan base outside of the 500 that go almost every game.

I give props to Collen bringing in Ricketts, Harris, and Watkins because I doubt I'd want to spend 4 years playing for a hot and cold type of crowd. I really hope people start going because I believe they will want to start staying. This team could be scary good. Even better next year because we get Dominique Robinson back and two pretty good post players and we lose no onr but Skye Rees>.

Go Lady Razorbacks

wbbfan32

By the way, the girls are now ranked 25th in the AP Poll. First time in 3 years

Breems

Quote from: wbbfan32 on December 20, 2010, 07:00:51 pm
By the way, the girls are now ranked 25th in the AP Poll. First time in 3 years

Very nice!  I saw they had been receiving votes. 

Now, I hope they don't let it go to their heads since it's been so long. 

mbgrulz

Quote from: LibraryHog on December 20, 2010, 12:40:38 pm
Bet this dude doesn't come back to this thread!
BTW, Hook only scored 5 points...what a stud!
I was wrong. I'll take my crow. Would have never guessed that. Props to the lady backs.

Retarded statement on Hook though. Big12 freshmen of the week and will end up starting for OU as a freshmen.

chiefsfan

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 20, 2010, 09:31:14 pm
I was wrong. I'll take my crow. Would have never guessed that. Props to the lady backs.

Retarded statement on Hook though. Big12 freshmen of the week and will end up starting for OU as a freshmen.

So how are you related to Hock?

I mean honestly, no poster would ever spend this much time complaining about a womens basketball player who very few have ever heard of, unless they had some axe to grind...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Lando Calrissian

Have you ever met someone (outside of parents or family) that truly cared about women's basketball?

I have.

Creepiest form of life on the planet.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 20, 2010, 11:29:32 pm
Have you ever met someone (outside of parents or family) that truly cared about women's basketball?

I have.

Crappy thing to say. You are human scum.
[CENSORED]!

yraciv

Quote from: chiefsfan on December 20, 2010, 10:00:53 pm
So how are you related to Hock?

I mean honestly, no poster would ever spend this much time complaining about a womens basketball player who very few have ever heard of, unless they had some axe to grind...

If you've attended any handful of 7A West basketball games or live in Northwest AR and look at the sports section you should have heard of Hook. Very good player who Collen should have pulled in, but understandable she went to OU with their recent success.

Chiefsfan, best I can tell there are 2 or 3 posters that go around this board and the high school one bashing Collen on his inability to pull in local recruits.  Similar to the Pel bashers in relentlessness, but lack of interest in women's basketball causes them to go unnoticed.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 21, 2010, 12:30:50 am

It's the truth.  There are some weirdos at those games.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on December 20, 2010, 11:29:32 pm

I have.

What about the women's soccer team?  I've been to a few of their games and no one seemed creepy.  Although maybe the rest of the fans were friends and family.  That could explain why they kept staring at me.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 21, 2010, 12:30:50 am

You are one of my favorite posters,  This just solidified it.

Thank you.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.