Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is former UALR coach Beard pretty much a slam dunk to come here?

Started by checkraiser88, February 03, 2018, 04:57:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

checkraiser88

That's what I'm hearing if we decide to pull the trigger. The local and national media is about to turn on Anderson if they lose either of these upcoming home games..Especially the Vanderbilt game!

ADavisTheGOAT

He's at his dream job. Why would he leave? We'll have a nice pool of great coaches to chose from that are better than MA
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

cardsNhogs

cardsNhogs

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 03, 2018, 04:59:10 pm
He's at his dream job. Why would he leave? We'll have a nice pool of great coaches to chose from that are better than MA
Won't be hard to upgrade

lynbug

This is sarcasm right?  If not would you mind listing a TOP NOTCH COACH that's waiting to come here.

Mr. Porkleone

1highhog

Quote from: checkraiser88 on February 03, 2018, 04:57:29 pm
That's what I'm hearing if we decide to pull the trigger. The local and national media is about to turn on Anderson if they lose either of these upcoming home games..Especially the Vanderbilt game!

ROFLMAO!!  Dude, they just gave Anderson a two year extension,  he's not going anywhere.   And still the majority of fans on here still want to keep him as coach, it's only the sane ones that didn't want Anderson in the first place and those that wanted him fired at least 3 years ago that have the sense that God gave them.  Please let this nightmare hurry up and end!  Wow, another 2 full years of this crap.

Dr. Starcs

hobhog

Spoke to a person who knows him well from UALR days-  Duke is his dream job. But we could get him now until coach K retires, and maybe he'd decide to stay.

Justifiable Hogicide

We have passed on hiring some good coaches in order to keep the eternal flame for Nolan burning.

Oliver

We'll suck ourselves into a 12 NCAAT seed and Mike will get a 5 year extension on top of the 2 year extension

HognotinMemphis

Vandy can beat Ark in Fayetteville. And it probably will.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Atlhogfan1

Have to win the next 3. 

check- the national media stopped paying attention
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

hog47

At this I predict we won't make the tournament.  We need to make a change like we did with CBB.  I'm tried of hearing the same kind of stuff Bert did. " we're getting better" " need to improve in ....fill in the blank". These kids are not playing inspired Ball. We're going through the motions. Until late we make the change we'll get more the same losing crap.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: hog47 on February 03, 2018, 07:11:52 pm
At this I predict we won't make the tournament.  We need to make a change like we did with CBB.  I'm tried of hearing the same kind of stuff Bert did. " we're getting better" " need to improve in ....fill in the blank". These kids are not playing inspired Ball. We're going through the motions. Until late we make the change we'll get more the same losing crap.
Agree. No NCAAT for Ark in Anderson's 7th season. Made in 2 times in 7 years barring minor miracle to get in this year.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Bkhardicars

I hope Anderson gets it together..Better have a good one lined up if we pull the trigger. Beard would be an upgrade, but also the Vanderbilt coach Bryce Drew would be a good one if we could get him..Lets see what happens....

HogBreath

I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

pigture perfect

Mike will not be fired at the end of the season. He has more lives than Houston Nutt. Notice how the say much of the same things. All that's left to say is, I called that play Chuck. Disclaimer: Mike is not as sleazy personally. The first comment applies to coaching only.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: lynbug on February 03, 2018, 05:02:01 pm
This is sarcasm right?  If not would you mind listing a TOP NOTCH COACH that's waiting to come here.
A lot of coaches that have proven to be better than MA who are at smaller schools, and they would jump over here if they were offered a job.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 03, 2018, 10:52:45 pm
A lot of coaches that have proven to be better than MA who are at smaller schools, and they would jump over here if they were offered a job.
Like Dana?

hoglady

Beard coached at Texas Tech for 10 years. He was happy to get back there to be closer to his family.
The only way I see him leaving is for a step up to a bigger/ better program. Coming to Arkansas is a lateral move in a worse basketball conference.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

c-townfan

hobhog

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2018, 05:06:19 pm
ROFLMAO!!  Dude, they just gave Anderson a two year extension,  he's not going anywhere.   And still the majority of fans on here still want to keep him as coach, it's only the sane ones that didn't want Anderson in the first place and those that wanted him fired at least 3 years ago that have the sense that God gave them.  Please let this nightmare hurry up and end!  Wow, another 2 full years of this crap.

Wow. Reevaluate in all areas.....

Mr. Porkleone

hoglady

Quote from: c-townfan on February 03, 2018, 11:39:49 pm
This year's sec/big 12 challenge disagrees with you.

Conference rankings this year and probably over the last decade agree with me.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

rljjr

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 07:51:47 am
Conference rankings this year and probably over the last decade agree with me.

Perhaps, but history indicates Arkansas is a FAR superior school to TT for BB. FAR superior.

hoglady

Quote from: rljjr on February 04, 2018, 08:07:43 am
Perhaps, but history indicates Arkansas is a FAR superior school to TT for BB. FAR superior.

At some point we should realize we haven't been relevant in basketball in over 2 decades.
We have the potential to be a great program but that doesn't mean all these coaches are going to leave their currently successful programs to come to Arkansas. Especially Beard, who was thrilled to get back to Texas Tech. UNLV used to be relevant, too - but Beard didn't hesitate leaving them to get to Texas Tech.

hobhog

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 08:15:18 am
At some point we should realize we haven't been relevant in basketball in over 2 decades.
We have the potential to be a great program but that doesn't mean all these coaches are going to leave their currently successful programs to come to Arkansas. Especially Beard, who was thrilled to get back to Texas Tech. UNLV used to be relevant, too - but Beard didn't hesitate leaving them to get to Texas Tech.

Will Tech pay him $2.6 million? $3 million? Let's make them prove it. He knows Arkansas and would come IMO.

hoglady

Quote from: hobhog on February 04, 2018, 08:21:13 am
Will Tech pay him $2.6 million? $3 million? Let's make them prove it. He knows Arkansas and would come IMO.

I would love for him to come here - I go to UALR games and watched him coach / and you see what's happened to that team after he left. He's really a great coach and his teams are fun to watch.

rljjr

Quote from: hoglady on February 04, 2018, 08:15:18 am

I'm not saying he would up and leave, but I do think he would listen. The upside at Arkansas is too great. His statistics indicate he would do very well at Arkansas. He's not the only good, young coach out there, but I am interested in him and know he could do well.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: rljjr on February 04, 2018, 08:07:43 am
It WAS. Not now though. And not for past 10 years.

East Clintwood

How could Lubbock be anybodys dream job?
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HogBreath

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on February 04, 2018, 07:43:45 am
Wow
And we'll need to give 'em a few years to catch on to Mike's highly complex fast forty system.

I hope we don't have to wait too many more years for them, then they promptly transfer out or go pro.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

hoglady

Quote from: East Clintwood on February 04, 2018, 12:23:09 pm

How could Lubbock be anybodys dream job?

He obviously loves it there - he was there for 10 years as an associate head coach, his family is near by and he left UNLV to go back.

jry04

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 03, 2018, 07:14:16 pm
Agree. No NCAAT for Ark in Anderson's 7th season. Made in 2 times in 7 years barring minor miracle to get in this year.
This pretty much locks that we make the NCAAT.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: 1highhog on February 03, 2018, 05:06:19 pm

You are correct.  Mike is here to stay for another year or two at least no matter how much we want to complain. 

As bad as Mike is at coaching I do think if he would recruit more of his type of players he would be a pretty good coach.  Next years team because of all of the longer better athletes has a chance of becoming a true Mike type team.  Let see if he can keep Gafford and add more pieces to make the next few years the best Mike has had at Arkansas.  If not expect to see a change.

PORKULATOR

That's what your hearing? 🤣😂🤣😂
You do realize Mike extended his contract and isn't going anywhere at the end of this year,  right?
We'll go to the tournament and win 2 this year... CMA isn't going anywhere.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

ICEman

Two different personalities but, I don't think you will ever see that level of passion on CMA's face.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

FATHAWG08

This was the year that everything was to fall into place. Six seniors returning with a chip on their shoulder. Probably the Most Over-hyped Hog Team that I can remember.
I love off season Football!!

jboler96

HeyHogs

root_hawg

hoglady

Quote from: root_hawg on February 04, 2018, 08:19:37 pm
NO and Anderson will be here until he decides to retire

I agree with you on that.
Anderson will be here as long as he wants to be.

Mike Irwin

I grew up west of Lubbock. I have a lot of friends who are Texas Tech boosters. Chris Beard will not leave there anytime soon if at all. He coached there under Pat Knight and is very close to Bob Knight who still lives in Lubbock.  From what I've been told he consults with Knight on a regular basis and is thrilled to have him available for advice.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 04, 2018, 08:57:39 pm
I grew up west of Lubbock. I have a lot of friends who are Texas Tech boosters. Chris Beard will not leave there anytime soon if at all. He coached there under Pat Knight and is very close to Bob Knight who still lives in Lubbock.  From what I've been told he consults with Knight on a regular basis and is thrilled to have him available for advice.
Just wait till the day where we all have mobile phones. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: PORKULATOR on February 04, 2018, 04:09:24 pm
That's what your hearing? 🤣😂🤣😂
You do realize Mike extended his contract and isn't going anywhere at the end of this year,  right?
We'll go to the tournament and win 2 this year... CMA isn't going anywhere.

Win 2?? Lol

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Mike Irwin on February 04, 2018, 08:57:39 pm
Why would anyone not from Lubbock choose to remain in Lubbock if they do not have to?