Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kansas City Royals 2015

Started by popcornhog, April 15, 2015, 06:51:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

Bautista is such a punk as is Donaldson.

Go Royals

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Uncommon

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 16, 2015, 10:09:36 pm
Couldn't agree more Doc.
Bautista's just intense.  Baseball needs some of that.  His bat flip was basically the baseball version of a touchdown dance.

Dr. Starcs

I hope you consider whoever drills him in the head next year to just be intense too.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 16, 2015, 06:52:38 pm
I'm watching tonight's game like I watch NASCAR. Hoping for a wreck. I Would love to see Donaldson get plunked and benches clear.

I went to Game 1 for the 5-0 Royals win.  We had a great time.

Hell of a comeback by the Royals to take Game 2 as well.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

DukeOfPork

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 18, 2015, 07:26:29 am
Almost seems like destiny.

Yeah, but you make your own destiny.  The Royals are fighting like hell to make theirs.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 17, 2015, 03:08:28 pm
I hope you consider whoever drills him in the head next year to just be intense too.

Drilling someone in the head causes harm. Getting pumped up and flipping a bat after you hit a monster homerun in a huge situation doesn't.

If pitchers don't want someone getting pumped up after a homerun then they shouldn't give up the homerun. I see pitchers yelling And flexing all the time after they get a big strikeout to get themselves out of a jam. Luckily for them a batter can't drill them in the head.

Dr. Starcs

He knows he will be drilled for his actions. That's the way baseball go.

And it's not just rangers players and fans who feel that way. I'm guessing you saw the reaction of the kc faithful when he got punched out in game 1 the other night.

clutch

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2015, 02:30:48 pm
He knows he will be drilled for his actions. That's the way baseball go.

And it's not just rangers players and fans who feel that way. I'm guessing you saw the reaction of the kc faithful when he got punched out in game 1 the other night.

And that's a problem. It shouldn't be acceptable to drill a guy in the head, or anywhere, with a 90+ mph fastball for getting excited about a very crucial homerun. Especially when pitchers get just as pumped after K's all the time and suffer no repercussions.

You don't like someone getting excited after they hit a HR off of you, pitch better. I like seeing a little emotion in a game that doesn't show much. That doesn't mean I want to see a bat flip on a first inning homerun in April, but if it's a big time moment and you do something great the you deserve it.

Dr. Starcs

I'm sure he is aware of the consequences of his actions. And you're right. The pitcher won't always be retaliated against. But their teammate usually will.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: clutch on October 18, 2015, 08:18:23 pm
And that's a problem. It shouldn't be acceptable to drill a guy in the head, or anywhere, with a 90+ mph fastball for getting excited about a very crucial homerun. Especially when pitchers get just as pumped after K's all the time and suffer no repercussions.

You don't like someone getting excited after they hit a HR off of you, pitch better. I like seeing a little emotion in a game that doesn't show much. That doesn't mean I want to see a bat flip on a first inning homerun in April, but if it's a big time moment and you do something great the you deserve it.

Generally speaking, I agree with you.  That homerun was epic.  Probably the biggest homerun by a Blue Jay since Joe Carter 22 years ago.  So he should celebrate it.

I did think it crossed the line and was almost taunting.  But the real problem is Bautista's general body of work when it comes to being an *sshole.

Like this at the game I was at on Friday night:

Then there was his 15 minute hissy fit after being called out on strikes in that same game.  Yeah, it was a bit low, but freaking close to be taking it with a 3-2 count.  The dude has been playing ball for 30 years; is this the first time an umpire has made a call you didn't like? 

Grow up.

Then he basically threw his teammate under the bus after the dropped popup.  Goins totally accepted all responsibility like a man:
http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/10/17/jose-bautista-ryan-goins-discuss-dropped-pop-up-that-led-to-alcs-game-2-loss/

Then Bautista - being the piece of s**t that he is - did this:
http://www.royalsreview.com/2015/10/17/9562153/jose-bautista-seems-to-throw-ryan-goins-under-the-bus

Honestly, I'm more appalled by how he treated his teammate than anything else he did.

The dude is 34.  A veteran in the clubhouse.  Can you imagine Alex Gordon having a mishap with Escobar and saying "there's video...you can watch it"?  Hell no.  There's no way Gordon hangs a teammate out to dry like that.  No Royal player would respond that way.  Not a single one.

clutch

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 18, 2015, 09:32:31 pm
Generally speaking, I agree with you.  That homerun was epic.  Probably the biggest homerun by a Blue Jay since Joe Carter 22 years ago.  So he should celebrate it.

I did think it crossed the line and was almost taunting.  But the real problem is Bautista's general body of work when it comes to being an *sshole.

Like this at the game I was at on Friday night:

Then there was his 15 minute hissy fit after being called out on strikes in that same game.  Yeah, it was a bit low, but freaking close to be taking it with a 3-2 count.  The dude has been playing ball for 30 years; is this the first time an umpire has made a call you didn't like? 

Grow up.

Then he basically threw his teammate under the bus after the dropped popup.  Goins totally accepted all responsibility like a man:
http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/10/17/jose-bautista-ryan-goins-discuss-dropped-pop-up-that-led-to-alcs-game-2-loss/

Then Bautista - being the piece of s**t that he is - did this:
http://www.royalsreview.com/2015/10/17/9562153/jose-bautista-seems-to-throw-ryan-goins-under-the-bus

Honestly, I'm more appalled by how he treated his teammate than anything else he did.

The dude is 34.  A veteran in the clubhouse.  Can you imagine Alex Gordon having a mishap with Escobar and saying "there's video...you can watch it"?  Hell no.  There's no way Gordon hangs a teammate out to dry like that.  No Royal player would respond that way.  Not a single one.

Oh there's not doubt the guy is an A-hole. I wasn't trying to defend him specifically. I was just trying to defend a bat flip in general in that situation by any player. I thought it was understandable. What makes this a big issue is that it's Bautista, and he's a well known prick.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: clutch on October 19, 2015, 10:59:43 am
Oh there's not doubt the guy is an A-hole. I wasn't trying to defend him specifically. I was just trying to defend a bat flip in general in that situation by any player. I thought it was understandable. What makes this a big issue is that it's Bautista, and he's a well known prick.

Agreed.  It was a huge homerun and I think I would have less problems with the bat flip if it was done by someone who was just caught up in the moment and not typically a jerk.

More importantly, the Royals have been outstanding the first two games.  The comeback in Game 2 was amazing.

Game 3 is a must win for the Jays and I do expect them to win it.  Those big bats are long overdue to break out and they'll be playing in a more favorable stadium.  Stroman has been strong and I expect that he is going to come up big.

clutch

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 19, 2015, 11:31:43 am
Agreed.  It was a huge homerun and I think I would have less problems with the bat flip if it was done by someone who was just caught up in the moment and not typically a jerk.

More importantly, the Royals have been outstanding the first two games.  The comeback in Game 2 was amazing.

Game 3 is a must win for the Jays and I do expect them to win it.  Those big bats are long overdue to break out and they'll be playing in a more favorable stadium.  Stroman has been strong and I expect that he is going to come up big.

Yeah you can't count the Jays out. They were in an 0-2 hole against the rangers too. I look for KC to win the series, but I think the jays will find a way to make in interesting.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: clutch on October 19, 2015, 03:24:29 pm
Yeah you can't count the Jays out. They were in an 0-2 hole against the rangers too. I look for KC to win the series, but I think the jays will find a way to make in interesting.

0-2 in a 5 game series is a much bigger hole to dig out of than 0-2 in a 7 game series.  Especially when you haven't played your home games yet. 

Lots of teams have been down 0-2 and won.  The Jays can easily do that if their bats come alive.

I really expect Toronto to win tonight.  And Yost is throwing Chris Young in game 4, which I think is a mistake.  He's a flyball pitcher, which is not a good match for us against this opponent and in this stadium.

We shall see.

I think this goes 6 or 7 games.  I still see the Royals winning it, but Toronto is going to make them work for it.

pigture perfect

If Cueto pitches like he did in his last outing, I believe Royals go up 3-0. He hasn't pitched all that well since the trade, but he did what he was paid to do last time out. We will see.

GolfNut57

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 19, 2015, 05:40:05 pm
If Cueto pitches like he did in his last outing, I believe Royals go up 3-0. He hasn't pitched all that well since the trade, but he did what he was paid to do last time out. We will see.

Well so much for that. Cueto stinks tonight.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

pigture perfect

Peeeeuuuuuwwwww. Cueto being Cueto I guess.

DukeOfPork

The Jays are swinging the bats tonight.  Nobody is going to stop that.  And they've hit two more home runs since Cueto went out.

Cueto just compounded the problem by walking guys in front of those big hits.

Having said that, KC is actually outhitting Toronto 10-9 in the 6th.  Not a bad offensive performance from the Royals.

pigture perfect

You're exactly right. The Royals offense has been good tonight. The Pitching was bad enough to let the Jays get into a rythym. Hitting is contagious is often truly said.

cosmodrum

I don't think I've ever seen a lineup with more total douchebags.

I bet they all leave the stadium in cargo shorts, crocs and nickelback shirts.
Go away, batin'

hoghappy

Wife beater shirts more likely.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: pigture perfect on October 19, 2015, 09:36:06 pm
You're exactly right. The Royals offense has been good tonight. The Pitching was bad enough to let the Jays get into a rythym. Hitting is contagious is often truly said.

It's not often that you bang out 15 hits in an ALCS game and lose.

Medlin's pretty solid performance put Cueto in an even more unfavorable light.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: cosmodrum on October 19, 2015, 10:08:15 pm
I don't think I've ever seen a lineup with more total douchebags.

I bet they all leave the stadium in cargo shorts, crocs and nickelback shirts.

I assume you're talking about the Jays.

pigture perfect

GolfNut57

Congrats Royals!!!! Way to send the juicing douchebag CryTista home for Halloween.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dr. Starcs

And Donaldson with the final out. Very fitting.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 24, 2015, 12:23:11 am
And Donaldson with the final out. Very fitting.

The entire American League season came down to the tying run on third, winning run on 2nd, Josh Donaldson at the plate, and Wade Davis on the mound.

You can't script it much better than that.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 23, 2015, 11:24:40 pm
Congrats Royals!!!! Way to send the juicing douchebag CryTista home for Halloween.

That guy was a monster at the plate in Game 6.  But his throw to 2nd on Hosmer's single allowed Jirschele to send Cain home for the winner.

I couldn't be happier about beating Bautista, the Jays, and their fans. 

GolfNut57

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 24, 2015, 01:11:48 am
That guy was a monster at the plate in Game 6.  But his throw to 2nd on Hosmer's single allowed Jirschele to send Cain home for the winner.

You ought to hear the Jays fans crying saying that the game was stolen from them because of the strike two call on Revere in the ninth. Heck even Revere is still crying about that call. Never mind that the Jays had the tying run at third with no outs. hahaha

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/155435070/ben-revere-upset-with-strike-call-in-game-6

Dr. Starcs

Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: GolfNut57 on October 24, 2015, 03:12:20 pm
You ought to hear the Jays fans crying saying that the game was stolen from them because of the strike two call on Revere in the ninth. Heck even Revere is still crying about that call. Never mind that the Jays had the tying run at third with no outs. hahaha

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/155435070/ben-revere-upset-with-strike-call-in-game-6

I know, and Revere was going to hit a 42 run homerun.  You can take that to the bank.

This is the same bunch that threw sh*t on the field after a call they were crying about in the ALDS.

And then Tulo getting tossed 10 minutes after a called strike he didn't like.

The Jays and their fans deserve this.

pigture perfect

Quote from: DukeOfPork on October 24, 2015, 01:11:48 am

he is also the one that misplayed the ball in game 2. He's really a liability as a right ,fielder. He needs to be a DH only.

cosmodrum

I heard it was 800,000 or more.

I don't think I've totally processed that my Royals are World Champs.
Go away, batin'

Uncommon

Quote from: cosmodrum on November 03, 2015, 09:36:52 pm
I heard it was 800,000 or more.

I don't think I've totally processed that my Royals are World Champs.
I think making it to the World Series last year and having one of the top records in baseball throughout this season made it less of a shock or surprise.  I felt like we belonged out there and worthy of being called champions.  I made sure to let it soak in though.  Watched all of the postgame/trophy presentation after Game 5 and watched the live stream of the victory parade that way I never forget because you never know when it will happen again.

hoghappy

Now the Royals have a legitimate championship. No doubts this time.

DukeOfPork

Yeah, no one is disputing who the deserving team is. 

I have literally never seen a team so balanced throughout the lineup, one through nine.  The two best hitters are Cain and Hosmer, and neither one did all that much at the plate in the World Series.  But it didn't matter because the Royals get production at every spot and each player just does his part.

And the bullpen - with Greg Holland - has four guys who have a legitimate claim to being a closer: Holland, Davis, Hochevar, and Herrera.  But no one bickers over it; they each pitch their inning and hand off to the next guy.

No egos and everyone pulling together for the greater good. 

We will not see many teams like the 2015 Royals.

cosmodrum

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 04, 2015, 05:17:18 pm
Yeah, no one is disputing who the deserving team is. 

I have literally never seen a team so balanced throughout the lineup, one through nine.  The two best hitters are Cain and Hosmer, and neither one did all that much at the plate in the World Series.  But it didn't matter because the Royals get production at every spot and each player just does his part.

And the bullpen - with Greg Holland - has four guys who have a legitimate claim to being a closer: Holland, Davis, Hochevar, and Herrera.  But no one bickers over it; they each pitch their inning and hand off to the next guy.

No egos and everyone pulling together for the greater good. 

We will not see many teams like the 2015 Royals.

One of the best bullpens I've ever seen, and we didn't even have Holland in the postseason.

Wade Davis is an absolute assassin.
Go away, batin'

southarkhog06

I love a cinderella story, but after the last few years of world series (college and pros) I was honestly getting tired of "mediocre all year" teams finding magic at the right time. I can honestly say the best all around team/staff won this year, congrats from a cubs fan you guys deserve it

DukeOfPork

Quote from: southarkhog06 on November 05, 2015, 01:36:12 pm
I love a cinderella story, but after the last few years of world series (college and pros) I was honestly getting tired of "mediocre all year" teams finding magic at the right time. I can honestly say the best all around team/staff won this year, congrats from a cubs fan you guys deserve it

Thanks, that is appreciated. 

The Royals looked like one of those Cinderella stories last year, which is why absolutely no one picked them to win their division this year.  But we now realize they were legit last year.  That playoff run gave them the confidence they were needing to become the team that they are now.

The Cubs could be the next team to make that step.

southarkhog06

Quote from: DukeOfPork on November 05, 2015, 10:12:14 pm
Thanks, that is appreciated. 

The Royals looked like one of those Cinderella stories last year, which is why absolutely no one picked them to win their division this year.  But we now realize they were legit last year.  That playoff run gave them the confidence they were needing to become the team that they are now.

The Cubs could be the next team to make that step.
Last year the royals looked like a young, talented but inconsistent team. I think that run last year really helped the young guys figure out how to be consistent/professional in their approach day in and day out. You could tell a difference this year for sure. I picked the Dodgers after Spring Training but I picked the Royals right before The Playoffs began because of the consistent approach they showed all year.