Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With the depth at young RBs why

Started by nwahogfan1, September 06, 2013, 01:12:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 10, 2013, 02:09:47 pm
I think a player with the talent of Juan Day would be great at Fullback. Use him exactly the way we use Small now. With Day at Fullback, you have a player with the size and speed to make blocks, skills to take a quick handoff up the middle for big yards, and catch a pass out of the backfield in the play action game.
IMO JD has too much big play ability to limit the number of carries to the typical 5-10 carries a game of a FB. Need to utilize him as a more widely involved ball totter.

Razorpigg

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 10, 2013, 02:09:47 pm
I think a player with the talent of Juan Day would be great at Fullback. Use him exactly the way we use Small now. With Day at Fullback, you have a player with the size and speed to make blocks, skills to take a quick handoff up the middle for big yards, and catch a pass out of the backfield in the play action game.

ICBBHO Juan Day is a RB and a pretty damn good one.  He does not/wont play FB.

Hoggish1

Pork Twain

Honestly, look at what Wisky is doing with the studs CBB recruited there.  If you want to be able to run effectively against SEC defenses, you better have a stable of RB's, not a pair.

Alabama signed 3 of the top 10 last year
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

hobhog

Quote from: crabeyes on September 06, 2013, 01:52:59 pm
We are actually really thin at running back in my opinion. Right now it seems like we are set but we are an injury away from being short on running backs.

Here are the running backs we have to back up Jwill and Budda

RB
Nate Holmes - Situational Player
Denzell Evans - Probably redshirt
Kody Walker - Short yardage back/needs to stay injury free for the year
Jojo Wynn - No clue who this is????

FB
Kiero Small - Complete Stud/Senior
Patrick Arinze - Does he have a redshirt available?? Would be nice to have him for 2 more years
Chris Jones/Morgan Linton/Devin Ryan - ??????

We need to recruit 2 RB each year and keep that stable fresh! I think our walkon program will produce some good FB

I'm no coach, but I sure like what I have seen from Nate Holmes the few times he has touched the ball. I think he will have his time to shine, and supposedly one of the fastest guys on team. Just sayin.....

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HogInFlorida

Day will EASILY carry 230 in college. Just look at his frame. It's begging to be huge.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.