Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morgan, Henry, Reed... Triple Threat

Started by threeNout, November 14, 2015, 07:14:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

threeNout

Rewatching the Ole Miss game, it just stands out how comfortable and confident BA has become with those 3 receivers.

The confidence BA has shown in Reed has really flourished the last two games.

Regardless of the situation or what the defense throws at us, BA seems to instinctively know which of those 3 to go to and they are usually wide open.

It's hard to pick from week to week who the leading receiver will be in the stat game, this week I'm going with Reed, his comfort in the offense, his ability to get open and BA's awareness of it has sure added another serious prong to our passing attack lately.

incHOGnito

Don't forget Cornelius and Sprinkle. Both had very nice games against Ole Miss. Cornelius just looks so smooth out there right now.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: threeNout on November 14, 2015, 07:14:18 am
Rewatching the Ole Miss game, it just stands out how comfortable and confident BA has become with those 3 receivers.

Regardless of the situation or what the defense throws at us, BA seems to instinctively know which of those 3 to go to and they are usually wide open.

It's hard to pick from week to week who the leading receiver will be in the stat game, this week I'm going with Reed, his comfort in the offense, his ability to get open and BA's awareness of it has sure added another serious prong to our passing attack lately.

2015                         Catches   Yards         Yds/Rec   Longest   TD's
Dominique Reed, WR       18        342             19.0         71       5
Jared Cornelius, WR        15        259             17.3         58        2
Jeremy Sprinkle, TE        17        261             15.4         42        2
Keon Hatcher, WR           13        198             15.2         38        2
Drew Morgan, WR           44        620             14.1         52        9
Hunter Henry, TE            34        469             13.8         51        1
Alex Collins, RB               9         90              10.0         31        0
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: threeNout on November 14, 2015, 07:14:18 am

What I have noticed is that when you have an end zone shot of the Hogs coming into the EZ and we pass the ball, you can see by the movement of his helmet, that BA is looking from receiver to receiver to receiver. Going through his progressions. So I'm not so sure that it is a matter of instinctively knowing as much as he is doing what he should be doing and if the Primary is open, the ball just comes out quicker. But there isn't any doubt that all of these receivers are doing a far better job running their patterns and then finding the soft spots between coverage levels.
Go Hogs Go!

Hog N Bama

All have become consistent.  That vertical catch by Reed against OM was insane.

HogPharmer

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 14, 2015, 08:21:28 am
What I have noticed is that when you have an end zone shot of the Hogs coming into the EZ and we pass the ball, you can see by the movement of his helmet, that BA is looking from receiver to receiver to receiver. Going through his progressions. So I'm not so sure that it is a matter of instinctively knowing as much as he is doing what he should be doing and if the Primary is open, the ball just comes out quicker. But there isn't any doubt that all of these receivers are doing a far better job running their patterns and then finding the soft spots between coverage levels.

The receivers seem to be doing well to not give up on plays either. If they run their route, they do good to keep moving to get open to help out BA if he has to scramble.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

TheRazorback500

Our offense has developed (IMO Enos deserves some credit for this) to the point where BA and the receivers have established a rhythm and the timing is a lot better. We've cut down on the number of false starts and mental errors.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

jgphillips3

I think Enos has done an amazing job helping BA learn how to go through his progressions and trust the results.  I don't think we can underestimate what having a real QB coach has done for BA...especially the more comfortable he gets with Enos' offense.

JoeyCapital

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 14, 2015, 10:32:11 am
I think Enos has done an amazing job helping BA learn how to go through his progressions and trust the results.  I don't think we can underestimate what having a real QB coach has done for BA...especially the more comfortable he gets with Enos' offense.
All of this
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Bacons Rebellion

Our receivers right now are very complementary to each other. Individually they may not win many awards (excepting Henry I guess) but they are a good set playing together. I like them.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 14, 2015, 10:32:11 am

I agree and while there are some that feel the "Enos effect" is overrated and that Chaney might have been just as good, I just have to believe that Enos' influence and coaching, not just on Brandon (though I think that has been huge), but on the Receiving unit as well, has been substantial. Granted, BA is much healthier than last year and that plays a factor, but looking at the list of 7 receivers that I posted above, we had 6 of those 7 on the team last year and they didn't produce as good of results.

I believe that from a standpoint of what has been added to our offensive scheme and play calling, as well as actual QB coaching of BA that has helped give him more confidence, along with helping develop the receivers so that they more reliably run patterns and are able to find the open spots between coverage levels, Enos has done a great job so far. And that begs the question of, if Chaney was as good as Enos is, why didn't we see somewhat similar results last year? I know that an injured BA hampered us last year but even then, I don't remember receivers finding open spots as they seem to be doing this year.
Go Hogs Go!