Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for Dodger fans

Started by popcornhog, May 30, 2015, 01:50:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

popcornhog

We're gonna catch a game against Arizona next week. Any suggestions on best seats in the stadium?
WPS

ChicoHog

3rd base side in second deck on nice.  Out of the sun.  first base side gets sun for a while.  Good seats are hard to get unless you go secondary market. last game I went to there about 5 years ago I paid $60 plus from website for 3rd base side about halfway up the bottom deck and halfway between third base and outfield wall.  Good seats though. 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 01, 2015, 12:15:35 am
3rd base side in second deck on nice.  Out of the sun.  first base side gets sun for a while.  Good seats are hard to get unless you go secondary market. last game I went to there about 5 years ago I paid $60 plus from website for 3rd base side about halfway up the bottom deck and halfway between third base and outfield wall.  Good seats though.

Thanks, that's what we decided to do. Section 13.

Hopefully I don't get murdered for wearing a Cardinals hat. Haha

I'm really looking forward to it. Dodger Stadium has been high on my list for a long time.
WPS

ChicoHog

As a diehard Dodger fan I can tell you the only team I like less than the Cards are the Giants.  For me it's mostly jealousy as the Cardinals have owned the Dodgers most of the time.  Ever since Ozzie Smth hit the left handed home run in the playoffs in 85 for his first lefthanded HR in 3000 at bats.  that pretty much sealed the deal as an avid anti-Cardinal fan!  And then to top it off Jack clark went yard the next game to clinch the pennant.  You guys have a great organization and always seem to find some really good players in minors to keep your Major League team stocked.  Dodgers are working on that and the farm system has improved.  Biggest problem there is the typical LA fan (and most major cities) want the "win now" attitude and go for too many free agents vs developing the farm system.  Dodgers went downhill when the O'Malleys sold out to Fox in the late 90;s and then also the idiot Frank McCourt. 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 01, 2015, 10:57:22 pm
As a diehard Dodger fan I can tell you the only team I like less than the Cards are the Giants.  For me it's mostly jealousy as the Cardinals have owned the Dodgers most of the time.  Ever since Ozzie Smth hit the left handed home run in the playoffs in 85 for his first lefthanded HR in 3000 at bats.  that pretty much sealed the deal as an avid anti-Cardinal fan!  And then to top it off Jack clark went yard the next game to clinch the pennant.  You guys have a great organization and always seem to find some really good players in minors to keep your Major League team stocked.  Dodgers are working on that and the farm system has improved.  Biggest problem there is the typical LA fan (and most major cities) want the "win now" attitude and go for too many free agents vs developing the farm system.  Dodgers went downhill when the O'Malleys sold out to Fox in the late 90;s and then also the idiot Frank McCourt.

It truly is uncanny. In more recent years, Kershaw's struggles against the Cardinals have been mind blowing. Even when he pitches well (think NLCS game 2 in 2013), he just can't seem to win. It's weird.

WPS

popcornhog

WPS

ChicoHog

Last night's game?  I watched that one on TV.   Gosh darn Jansen blew the save but the Dodgers came back in bottom of ninth to win the game.  Great catch by Pederson also to rob a HR from Tomas.  Good game for you to see although it looked like a pretty sparse crowd. 

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 11, 2015, 09:35:39 am
Last night's game?  I watched that one on TV.   Gosh darn Jansen blew the save but the Dodgers came back in bottom of ninth to win the game.  Great catch by Pederson also to rob a HR from Tomas.  Good game for you to see although it looked like a pretty sparse crowd.

The crowd was small, but energetic. I got a lot of comments about my Cardinals hat.

The winner: "Make way, a precious Cardinals fan is coming through," as I walked to my seats.

Pederson is fun to watch. Absolutely robbed Tomas over the wall. Also, cool to see a game ended in walk off fashion.
WPS

Horsesrus

They probably meant to say "entitled".  Ha ha.

dhornjr1

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 01, 2015, 10:57:22 pm

The Dodgers have always been a team I sort of rooted for when they weren't playing the Cardinals. Well, it used to be that way. Not so much now because of a-holes like Adrian Gonzalez, Zack Greinke, and Yasiel Puig.

But I always liked Tommy Lasorda and got to meet him a few times when I was a kid. And the former Dodger traveling secretary, Billy DeLury, who passed away recently, was an acquaintance of my father.

popcornhog

Quote from: Imminent Rueage on June 11, 2015, 05:41:33 pm
The Dodgers have always been a team I sort of rooted for when they weren't playing the Cardinals. Well, it used to be that way. Not so much now because of a-holes like Adrian Gonzalez, Zack Greinke, and Yasiel Puig.

But I always liked Tommy Lasorda and got to meet him a few times when I was a kid. And the former Dodger traveling secretary, Billy DeLury, who passed away recently, was an acquaintance of my father.
I agree. Puig is the one that really rubs me the wrong way.

But I've always loved Jimmy Rollins. And I really like this Joc Pedersen kid.
WPS

ChicoHog

Quote from: popcornhog on June 11, 2015, 10:27:23 am
The crowd was small, but energetic. I got a lot of comments about my Cardinals hat.

The winner: "Make way, a precious Cardinals fan is coming through," as I walked to my seats.

Pederson is fun to watch. Absolutely robbed Tomas over the wall. Also, cool to see a game ended in walk off fashion.
Should have worn an Arkansas hat instead!  Of course the dummies there would think it's Alabama! 

Are you going to SF to catch a game there or are you done with your fabulous summer tour of ballparks?  Or San diego or anaheim?  Darn, I'm jealous!

popcornhog

Quote from: ChicoHog on June 11, 2015, 09:14:07 pm
Should have worn an Arkansas hat instead!  Of course the dummies there would think it's Alabama! 

Are you going to SF to catch a game there or are you done with your fabulous summer tour of ballparks?  Or San diego or anaheim?  Darn, I'm jealous!

Anaheim tomorrow night. I'll wear my Razorback hat since it's an AL team. Wanted to go tonight since we were down the road at Disneyland with my nieces, but alas, it was a late night of princesses and cotton candy and tea cups.

It was a good run of parks this summer, but I fear it's over other than a few midweek Royals games since I live in KC. We had plans for Pittsburgh and Cinci this summer which appear to be falling through. We are catching a red eye to Omaha Saturday night though -- gonna watch LSU/TCU Sunday afternoon and Arkansas on Monday.

But we did get to cross off Miller Park, Dodger Stadium, and Target Field (Angels Stadium to come) as well as a weekend series at Busch and a number of Royals games.

It's been a very good summer. The only draw back was witnessing Waino tear his achilles in Milwaukee.
WPS

Ray Piggers

Go to Dodger stadium a few times a year when the Cards are in town. Not a bad seat in the stadium really, but when we went a few weeks ago we sat right behind the cardinals dugout about 10 rows up paid about 65 a piece for them which was a steal. But, my favorite view in Dodger stadium is at the very top. It's probably the best view of Downtown LA you can find, and at sunset.. it's quite a sight.

Dodger fans are quiet for the most part when I go.. We usually win which helps.

A lot of Dodger fans are new to the game though, so they don't know enough to truly talk trash.
I'm basically Darkwing Duck