Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RD from South Florida camp

Started by ricepig, June 13, 2016, 12:41:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 12:41:55 pm
http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2016/jun/13/arkansas-sfla-satelitte-camp/

I can't think of a better place to have a satellite camp then down there in S.Fl.  there are just so many under developed and overlooked players down there simply bc the high schools put so little money into their programs as well as promoting the players. 

if we are ever going to "reach" for a player at any time, reach in S Fl, S La or Houston.  All are very similar with tons of talent that have so much growth potential.  Just a polar opposite from recruiting those players in central and east tex that play in stadiums that would make most of the G5 schools jealous

Oklahawg

Looks like we made good use of the day. It will be fun to see if this pays dividends.

For a 6-3 MLB with a 4.76 to be "middle of the board" is telling. Curious what the top of the board looks like!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

rljjr

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 13, 2016, 03:49:38 pm
Looks like we made good use of the day. It will be fun to see if this pays dividends.

For a 6-3 MLB with a 4.76 to be "middle of the board" is telling. Curious what the top of the board looks like!

I think that kind of honesty is what kids deserve so they can make informed decisions about their school of choice. I'm also curious about the top of the board!

RedyorNot

Quote from: rljjr on June 13, 2016, 03:59:08 pm
I think that kind of honesty is what kids deserve so they can make informed decisions about their school of choice. I'm also curious about the top of the board!

Couldn't agree more. Its bothersome to watch some kids end up having to scramble at the last minute for a landing spot when they would have had a good option otherwise if some coaches had been straight with them.

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 13, 2016, 03:49:38 pm

Well, he's moving up, Josh Clarke just committed to Ole Siss.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on June 13, 2016, 07:20:46 pm
Well, he's moving up, Josh Clarke just committed to Ole Siss.

amazing how even with all the drama and negativity surrounding program like OM, Tenn and A&M they just keep stockpiling top flight talent- including many of those that check off all the "uncommon" checkmarks in terms of kids we are offering