Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New commit! Maleek Williams

Started by ricepig, June 11, 2016, 06:55:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Great pick up. He looks like a Bret Bielema back. James white or PJ hill type.

FraggleHog

Quote from: Pigs in Zen on June 11, 2016, 08:19:16 pm
Not for long...

Yep - He played 2nd string his Jr. year... scored every 5 times he touched the ball or something like that. His ranking is very misleading. He's a stud and we should be grateful he called the hogs.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

WriterWrong

Running backs named Williams are always good for the Hogs.  :razorback:

Looking forward to having this kid on our team. He's the kind of back our program needs. Great pick up.

razorbackfanatic

I think his style reminds me of a Cedric Cobbs, Knile Davis type. A little too up right at times. Good cutting not elite, but good and nice burst. Obviously not as fast as Davis, but very much Cobbs speed or better. I really like this guy and think he could have a great career. Very Montee Ball like as well.

lefty08

Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

blu

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on June 14, 2016, 01:41:36 am
I think his style reminds me of a Cedric Cobbs, Knile Davis type. A little too up right at times. Good cutting not elite, but good and nice burst. Obviously not as fast as Davis, but very much Cobbs speed or better. I really like this guy and think he could have a great career. Very Montee Ball like as well.

I agree with this, he has good vision, very good burst and speed, good size and runs tough. Appears to be a great pick up.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

FATHAWG08

He is a 3 star with only 59 carries his Jr year? These are the kind of players that can make the Hogs dangerous. This is why CBB has been a successful HC. He can see talent.
I love off season Football!!

smokeyB_blues

Reminds me of Leonard Fournette

carolinahogger

Quote from: smokeyB_blues on June 15, 2016, 10:28:32 pm
Reminds me of Leonard Fournette

He has Earl Campbell's power and the moves of Barry Sanders. 

sickboy

Quote from: navyhog24 on June 13, 2016, 09:44:41 am
The only little small thing that I noticed in his highlights that I could really nitpick at was that on some carries he doesn't run all the way through to the endzone. He slows down about 10-15 yards before getting to the endzone. I know this can be coached not to do. Like I said this is only nitpicking.

The best part of this nitpick is that it still involves him scoring touchdowns.

The_Boot_stops_here

offered by Oregon today.  says he's 100% commited to Hogs and should be signing tomorrow.

Hollywood870

He reminds me of former Miss State running back JJ Johnson.

SamBuckhart

Reminds me of Knile Davis. Wooo Pig!
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

JackJohnson

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 20, 2016, 03:51:03 pm
offered by Oregon today.  says he's 100% commited to Hogs and should be signing tomorrow.

Oregon's STUD RB Royce Freeman decided he was coming back for his senior season next year so IF there was any potential reason for him to look around this would most certainly help

Hogdomer

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 20, 2016, 03:51:03 pm

When is/was the signing supposed to happen today?

razorbackfanatic

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on June 14, 2016, 01:41:36 am

Depends on Cobbs before his injury against Bama his sophomore year or after. Before he was a burner. There's a pretty popular older story that talks about when the true freshman reported in August 1999. They were all running hand held forty times and Fred Talley who at the time was about 5'9" 175 ran a 4.39 and was talking trash right after he ran it saying no one will beat it. Then Cobbs who was about 6'1" 210  As a freshman got up and ran a 4.36. Cobbs had a different gear his freshman season. After he hurt his shoulder against Bama he bulked way up and came back around 225 and never had that same gear. He had a great burst still, but not on the same level. I love Maleek's tape, I think he runs angry live Jonathan Williams did and other great backs in the NFL like a Marion Barber.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: razorbackfanatic on December 21, 2016, 04:02:34 pm
I love Maleek's tape, I think he runs angry live Jonathan Williams did and other great backs in the NFL like a Marion Barber.

that's what I saw as well and good comparisons on the style, which seems to be CBB's  preferred....

bcdrules

I have checked Twitter quite a bit but haven't seen anything on his signing. Does anyone know when he was supposed to sign?

Nosboar Accubond

Deep Shoat

Quote from: bcdrules on December 22, 2016, 05:42:13 pm
I have checked Twitter quite a bit but haven't seen anything on his signing. Does anyone know when he was supposed to sign?
Friday, is what I heard.  Last day of classes was today.
All Gas, No Brakes!

GrizzlyRider07

So what's the skinny on this young man!? Wasn't he suppose to sign some time last week? Did he decide not to all of a sudden?
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

fullfan

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on December 26, 2016, 02:17:07 pm
So what's the skinny on this young man!? Wasn't he suppose to sign some time last week? Did he decide not to all of a sudden?

He signed and is a Hog.

sickboy

Quote from: fullfan on December 26, 2016, 03:51:55 pm
He signed and is a Hog.

From what I can tell, he's still firmly committed, but hasn't signed yet. Where did you see that he signed?

fullfan

Quote from: sickboy on December 26, 2016, 04:01:21 pm
From what I can tell, he's still firmly committed, but hasn't signed yet. Where did you see that he signed?

My bad.  Read a list of LOIs and he was only listed as a commit.  Sorry for misleading info.

sickboy

Quote from: fullfan on December 26, 2016, 07:29:12 pm
My bad.  Read a list of LOIs and he was only listed as a commit.  Sorry for misleading info.

No worries. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

The_Boot_stops_here

According to RD, Maleek will report to Fayetteville on Jan 13.