Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville High player making his name known nationaly after recent combines

Started by Swine Time, May 19, 2016, 01:12:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bondhue

That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Hawgar The Horrible

Highlight films don't typically impress me. More often than not, offensive line play makes decent RB's look great.

That young man has some serious tools. Fast, explosive, quick feet and he leans forward like the center of gravity is in his helmet. Clarke's nickname should be "The Warhead".
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

Pig in the Pokey

we've heard about the kid for years yet he's still a zero star on most sites (3* on 247). These recruiting services are really bad.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hawgar The Horrible

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 19, 2016, 05:29:38 pm
we've heard about the kid for years yet he's still a zero star on most sites (3* on 247). These recruiting services are really bad.

I'm just thinking what a waste if he is a non-qualifier at any level. There are reasons for someone that talented to be ignored.

If Clarke is coming up short academically, but a good kid capable of turning it around with the right support system, I would sign and place him in a heartbeat. 
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 19, 2016, 05:29:38 pm
Most recruiting services are under staffed so they wait until they see who offers and then evaluate according.  If Bama goes after the recruit then he is a 4+ star,  if the Hogs goes after him he is maybe a 3 star.  We start winning more games and our recruits will go up.  LOL

BoynamedWooPigSooie

I've been high on Clark since I saw him in Agim's highlight video.

He's a little undersized but I've been touting him a sleeper in this class for long little while.

If he checks out off the field and in the classroom we'd be amiss not go after him.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Seebs

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Swine Time

School work aint a problem for this young man. He carries mid 3 gpa but hasn't taken a ACT yet but is scheduled for June. He attended the Nike Opening in Dallas and New Orleans within the past two months. He finished 24th in total point throughout the nation. He ran a 4.55 and 4.51 for his first tries at a laser 40. I first started talking about him last spring after he attended the National Underclassmen Combine but changing position from DB to RB between his 10th & 11th grade year showed his true talent (totaling 1918 yards and 25TDs).
There's only one thing worse than a LSU fan and that's a Texas fan

onebadrubi

Seems like you are close to him?  Has Arkansas or lunney been by to talk to him?

Swine Time

I work with his Father. We talk football almost everyday, not just about Demekko but his other sons as well. For the past 6 years Blytheville RBs have been one of his sons. I know some of the schools in contact with him and some of the camps this summer he has been asked to attend but that is their business. The HOGS have been in contact starting last spring and fall. I don't know how much recently, figure a lot of schools are waiting on that ACT score before really knocking on the door. He will be attending one of the camps this year on the hill but don't know which one.

ricepig

Quote from: Swine Time on May 20, 2016, 07:57:37 am
I work with his Father. We talk football almost everyday, not just about Demekko but his other sons as well. For the past 6 years Blytheville RBs have been one of his sons. I know some of the schools in contact with him and some of the camps this summer he has been asked to attend but that is their business. The HOGS have been in contact starting last spring and fall. I don't know how much recently, figure a lot of schools are waiting on that ACT score before really knocking on the door. He will be attending one of the camps this year on the hill but don't know which one.

Yeah, while the GPA is important, the ACT is the deal maker/breaker for most.

Mike_e

I watched some of his video (bad internet connection) and I kept thinking what he could do returning punts and kickoffs.  Looks like another Dennis Johnson.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Swine Time on May 20, 2016, 07:57:37 am

Thanks for the update.   Best of luck to the young man on his ACT scores.

Can you gauge how interested is the young man in his grades? School?    I live in Fort Smith and have seen many young men who have all the athletic tools to play D 1 ball but just don't have the drive or discipline to do what it takes.   

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

RD has posted they have stopped by and checked up on him before I believe.  Resembles DeAngelo Williams to me.  Small kid but thick with good speed. 

kingt

I coached him in Jr. High as a 9th grader. Great athlete, could grab the rim while fully dressed in pads...vertical. Strong as an ox literally. Reminded me of the Bama Trent Richardson. The problem is that the Blytheville/Ocseola area has a bad wrap for having a bunch of knuckleheads ex Korliss Marshall. Even tho Mekko is a good kid its going to be hard for a coach to look past that.

gibby

Couldn't disagree more.  If he has the talent, they'll find him.

longpig

Quote from: kingt on May 20, 2016, 10:15:28 pm
I coached him in Jr. High as a 9th grader. Great athlete, could grab the rim while fully dressed in pads...vertical. Strong as an ox literally. Reminded me of the Bama Trent Richardson. The problem is that the Blytheville/Ocseola area has a bad wrap for having a bunch of knuckleheads ex Korliss Marshall. Even tho Mekko is a good kid its going to be hard for a coach to look past that.

I was about to say, he'd be the first thing positive to come out of Blytheville since............
Don't be scared, be smart.

bythelake

I resent that statement as I am from Blytheville, sadly though I have to agree.😄

factchecker

Quote from: longpig on May 23, 2016, 11:42:30 pm

I was about to say, he'd be the first thing positive to come out of Blytheville since............

TEMPER DA DON

NSFW lyrics

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

1highhog

He runs great, but looks as though his O-line is a bit weak, the defense is upon him almost as soon as he gets the snap, he makes a lot of sure losses into gains by his scrambling.  As another poster commented, he's much like Dennis Johnson as far as build and he would look great a believe in certain packages plus on kickoffs.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: bythelake on May 24, 2016, 12:11:29 pm
I resent that statement as I am from Blytheville, sadly though I have to agree.😄
Been meaning to ask how is Mt. Blytheville? After all these years I still remember that famous mound out in the middle of the cotton field on my way out to Blytheville AFB each morning. One other major tourist attraction: lovely Armorel on the banks of the Mississippi River. Yep, Armorel a spot whose name is derived from a combination of the words Arkansas, Missouri and Robert E. Lee.

aloha_kid

longpig

How else could it turn out given the circumstances?  damn shame
Don't be scared, be smart.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on May 26, 2016, 06:07:22 pm
Been meaning to ask how is Mt. Blytheville? After all these years I still remember that famous mound out in the middle of the cotton field on my way out to Blytheville AFB each morning. One other major tourist attraction: lovely Armorel on the banks of the Mississippi River. Yep, Armorel a spot whose name is derived from a combination of the words Arkansas, Missouri and Robert E. Lee.
Fading fast. I left Missco 13 years ago and shudder for my family still there every time I read the Courier. My brither is counting the days until his kids finish school and he can get out. Good memories from childhood but bleak looking for the future. To clarify, IIRC Armorel's name is derived from such but the end is for RELee Wilson who owned the land along with all of south Missco.

To the OP I hope DC continues his success and ends up a Hog, along with the sophomore lineman, can't remember the name.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Swine Time

The O-lineman you are referring to is Sophomore Larry Clark. He is fast off the ball for his size and very talented. Every good RB has to have a GOOD O-line.

Larry Clark highlight
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4644746/highlights/312685380

PorkRinds

Quote from: Swine Time on June 17, 2016, 10:42:54 am
The O-lineman you are referring to is Sophomore Larry Clark. He is fast off the ball for his size and very talented. Every good RB has to have a GOOD O-line.

Larry Clark highlight
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4644746/highlights/312685380

Dude looks like a beast.

Swine Time

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 17, 2016, 11:19:45 am
I heard he will have to go to JUCO.  Anyone know different?

Are You talking about Demekko? I haven't heard anything like that, he just took his ACT a couple of weeks ago and heading into his senior year looking to put up big numbers again.

secneahog

Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!