Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jake Raulerson

Started by Hogdomer, December 18, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jry04

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:29:51 am
I mean, I hope that's actually his parent on the Razor's Edge, too.

You could at least mention that.
His dad NEVER said he will be a hog, though. He said it was down to SMU and UNC, with Arkansas just joining the party. He has visited all three, and an article published today has a quote from his dad saying UNC is the favorite.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 11:57:59 am
Wasn't it carved in stone that he was going to UCLA?

He didn't get into UCLA or atleast the Graduate Program he wanted. He has 2 years of eligibility left and seems to be big into school based on Graduating in 3 years and the Post Graduate schools he was looking at Michigan, Stanford, UCLA, UNC and SMU.

I expect if he comes he will graduate. Just my opinion.

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: LJHOG on June 10, 2016, 12:13:25 pm
Why is he leaving UT?  Better educational opportunities or no athletic opportunities??

My UT source says he would've been their starting center but never got along with Wickline (the old OL coach) and it was bad enough he was set on leaving even after Wickline was fired.

Wildhog

Quote from: jry04 on June 10, 2016, 02:14:56 pm
His dad NEVER said he will be a hog, though.

I didn't say he did.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

ricepig

Quote from: King Kong on June 10, 2016, 02:31:46 pm
He didn't get into UCLA or atleast the Graduate Program he wanted. He has 2 years of eligibility left and seems to be big into school based on Graduating in 3 years and the Post Graduate schools he was looking at Michigan, Stanford, UCLA, UNC and SMU.

I expect if he comes he will graduate. Just my opinion.

Just saying you need them to graduate. My concern was that our program runs a year and a half and if you're pro material, there's always that last semester working for the draft. Anyway, it does sound like he's got the academics down, good luck wherever he lands.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 03:19:42 pm
Just saying you need them to graduate. My concern was that our program runs a year and a half and if you're pro material, there's always that last semester working for the draft. Anyway, it does sound like he's got the academics down, good luck wherever he lands.

Yeah, I totally got your point. We can't have another Cam Jefferson.

But I think in the kids case it may work out ok.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on June 10, 2016, 03:19:42 pm

Didn't see this posted.

Patrick Engel of Scout's PonyStampede.com reported that Raulerson still is "weighing his options" after receiving admission into SMU.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/smumustangs/2016/06/09/transfer-ucla-goes-awry-texas-ol-jake-raulerson-headed-smu
Go Hogs Go!

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 11, 2016, 08:20:40 am
Didn't see this posted.

Patrick Engel of Scout's PonyStampede.com reported that Raulerson still is "weighing his options" after receiving admission into SMU.

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/smumustangs/2016/06/09/transfer-ucla-goes-awry-texas-ol-jake-raulerson-headed-smu

IMO if he wants to go to SMU he's not all that serious about football.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 11, 2016, 10:01:16 am

Right now his options are limited. Stanford, Michigan and UCLA are no longer options

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 11, 2016, 10:01:16 am

I get the impression he is more serious about academics.

Which is fine. But does not really help us out over UNC and SMU(assumption).
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Oklahawg

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on June 11, 2016, 11:47:20 am
I get the impression he is more serious about academics.

Which is fine. But does not really help us out over UNC and SMU(assumption).

Depends on the program within the MBA program. Walton School (like many UA graduate programs) has top 25 programs but I have no clue what they are, and how they would compare vs UNC and SMU.

Two years of education gets you an MBA. Even if you choose to play in the NFL that MBA has you set up for life.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 11, 2016, 02:04:07 pm
Depends on the program within the MBA program. Walton School (like many UA graduate programs) has top 25 programs but I have no clue what they are, and how they would compare vs UNC and SMU.

Two years of education gets you an MBA. Even if you choose to play in the NFL that MBA has you set up for life.
and we have the better 'football life' here than unc or smu. we have both the NEED and the facilities, and the conference. Walton is a good college, too, so we have to be the favorite, i don't care what some SMU hack says to drive hits.

And he would be our highest ranked lineman at .95 on 247 i believe.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Atlhogfan1

If he wants to be in Texas for the start of his career especially DFW, SMU is a strong choice.  Great regional reputation and connections. 

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

tusksincolorado

Wasn't UNC under some microscope for academic fraud involving the athletic program?
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

secneahog

RD said on camp updates, he's hearing the visit went very well.  Fingers crossed.   
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

RedyorNot

His dad said UNC is the leader and he's applied to their graduate program so I guess we'll see.

ImHogginIt

How long til we find out if he was accepted into one of our Masters programs ?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: tusksincolorado on June 11, 2016, 04:09:53 pm
Wasn't UNC under some microscope for academic fraud involving the athletic program?
yeah, only like 26 years of academic fraud. Worst case of it ever. Only woman's teams will pay a price for it though.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Oklahawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 11, 2016, 06:19:01 pm
yeah, only like 26 years of academic fraud. Worst case of it ever. Only woman's teams will pay a price for it though.

Sad, but true.

Or, they'll nail the Duke Lacrosse team again.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HOGINTENNESSEE

June 11, 2016, 08:17:25 pm #70 Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 08:41:25 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: RedyorNot on June 11, 2016, 05:46:32 pm
His dad said UNC is the leader and he's applied to their graduate program so I guess we'll see.

He did say that before he visited Arkansas. Things can change. Williams that just committed named Illinois his leader like 6 days ago and just committed to us.

But, if we are going by his most recent Twitter Follows UNC it is

rzrbackramsfan

So I'm someone looking into good mba programs right now.  I'm trying to get a 720+ on the gmat and looking at schools like unc and ucla and I'll say this, good for ucla.  Raulerson is trying to leverage his football playing to get into a good mba program because without knowing his gpa and gmat score he's not qualified to go to ucla or unc without any good work experience or a good angle.  Not trying to be mean, just honest.

So if unc treated him like every other student, and he doesn't have an awesome undergrad gpa paired with an awesome gmat score then he shouldnt get in.

Smu is a little bit better than Arkansas but not because of academic rigor.  It's not surprising at all he got in there.  He could probably have a good career after football going from there, land a low stress high paying job with an oil company or any company really and he'd have his support system in Dallas, be able to take his coworkers out to his parents lake house (and I'm completely just stereotyping that his parent live in l dfw and have a lake house lol).  So that would be a good option except smu sucks. 

And then Arkansas would have more academic rigor like unc that it sounds like he wants and it still is pretty highly regarded in the Dallas area and he could be on a good football team.

In summary, he shouldn't get into unc unless he absolutely crushed the gmat, and if he can get a full ride to their mba program he should take it in a heartbeat.  Smu will be a great option but if he feels like he can come out of Arkansas with them same type of job as he would with smu and still feel good about his connections he should go to Arkansas.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 12, 2016, 10:17:11 am
So I'm someone looking into good mba programs right now.  I'm trying to get a 720+ on the gmat and looking at schools like unc and ucla and I'll say this, good for ucla.  Raulerson is trying to leverage his football playing to get into a good mba program because without knowing his gpa and gmat score he's not qualified to go to ucla or unc without any good work experience or a good angle.  Not trying to be mean, just honest.

So if unc treated him like every other student, and he doesn't have an awesome undergrad gpa paired with an awesome gmat score then he shouldnt get in.

Smu is a little bit better than Arkansas but not because of academic rigor.  It's not surprising at all he got in there.  He could probably have a good career after football going from there, land a low stress high paying job with an oil company or any company really and he'd have his support system in Dallas, be able to take his coworkers out to his parents lake house (and I'm completely just stereotyping that his parent live in l dfw and have a lake house lol).  So that would be a good option except smu sucks. 

And then Arkansas would have more academic rigor like unc that it sounds like he wants and it still is pretty highly regarded in the Dallas area and he could be on a good football team.

In summary, he shouldn't get into unc unless he absolutely crushed the gmat, and if he can get a full ride to their mba program he should take it in a heartbeat.  Smu will be a great option but if he feels like he can come out of Arkansas with them same type of job as he would with smu and still feel good about his connections he should go to Arkansas.
good post. best i've felt about a potential transfer since ricky town.
@Slackaveli

rzrbackramsfan

I saw Bret Bielema followed him on Twitter today.

LRrazorback

Any word or new info with this potential transfer?

parallaxpig

We should hear something in a couple of days
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: parallaxpig on June 14, 2016, 07:00:41 am
We should hear something in a couple of days
waiting to see if he is accepted into the UofA. If he is I think he's ours.
@Slackaveli

inhognation

I read UNC was in the lead.  Do we know if he was accepted into their MBA program?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: inhognation on June 14, 2016, 03:32:38 pm
I read UNC was in the lead.  Do we know if he was accepted into their MBA program?

He was.  and I read the same thing.  Of course, that was before his Fayetteville visit

lumphog

WE   could sure use this dude. Could be HUGE for this year...difference maker

King Kong

Jake just started following Skipper and Ragnow on Twitter

Wildhog

Quote from: King Kong on June 15, 2016, 11:39:09 am
Jake just started following Skipper and Ragnow on Twitter

Positive sign.  Sure would be nice to get him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

RazorBassin

Damn you guys are on it with up to the minute updates.  That is why I love this place.  Don't pay a thing, info is usually better than the pay boards.  +1 to all of you!

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Wildhog on June 15, 2016, 11:40:59 am

It is. Make me believe he seriously considering us now. Not saying he still doesn't pick UNC. But maybe it's not the for gone conclusion that it was prior to his visit

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: lumphog on June 14, 2016, 05:35:53 pm
WE   could sure use this dude. Could be HUGE for this year...difference maker

A back-up from a team with a very bad offensive line last year is going to be a difference maker for us?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

AugustaHog

This guy is at the very least depth for the next two years.  If the Texas folks are correct that he and the former OL coach didn't get along too well, this may be the fresh start that he needs to get on track.  If you are an OL and want to get to the league, CBB is the head coach to get you there.

Hogs33

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 15, 2016, 01:12:46 pm
A back-up from a team with a very bad offensive line last year is going to be a difference maker for us?

I agree with you. Depth is the only thing I can think of here.
"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

King Kong

Yet, Stanford, Michigan and UCLA were crawling all over each other to get him when he decided to transfer in December.

Was also the projected starter at Center if he returned to Texas. Ranked the #2 Center in the Nation coming out of HS

Exit Pursued by a Boar

Quote from: King Kong on June 15, 2016, 02:01:16 pm
Yet, Stanford, Michigan and UCLA were crawling all over each other to get him when he decided to transfer in December.

Was also the projected starter at Center if he returned to Texas. Ranked the #2 Center in the Nation coming out of HS

He may be a grad transfer, but he's an incoming junior in college playing experience.  Takes a while for centers to get into the swing of things. Even very smart ones.  I'd like to get him if we can.

EFBAB

lumphog

YEP......pay attention!!!

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Wildhog on June 15, 2016, 11:40:59 am
Agree.  Chatting with his line Mates should be great indication. But I wonder if any indication he is on twitter with any SMU or UNC players?

King Kong

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 15, 2016, 04:23:15 pm
Agree.  Chatting with his line Mates should be great indication. But I wonder if any indication he is on twitter with any SMU or UNC players?

He follows several UNC players and coaches on Twitter.

ricepig

Music City Hog

oldfart

for those nay sayers, what can you lose from getting a center who has game experience... if nothing else a solid backup or hopefully can fill the center position allowing ragnow to go back to guard where we have little experience... or maybe guard himself....was highly rated out of HS and has played on the D1 level...

Scott7703

He will be a hog. I won't be surprised if he is one of 2-3 more players added to the 2016 class.

Wildhog

Quote from: Scott7703 on June 15, 2016, 07:04:16 pm
He will be a hog. I won't be surprised if he is one of 2-3 more players added to the 2016 class.

Well, we certainly have room.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lumphog

Quote from: oldfart on June 15, 2016, 06:48:05 pm
for those nay sayers, what can you lose from getting a center who has game experience... if nothing else a solid backup or hopefully can fill the center position allowing ragnow to go back to guard where we have little experience... or maybe guard himself....was highly rated out of HS and has played on the D1 level...
Tell em,  you oldfart

Scott7703

Richard Davenport

Quote from: secneahog on June 11, 2016, 04:51:09 pm
RD said on camp updates, he's hearing the visit went very well.  Fingers crossed.   

Like Arkansas' chances.