Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jake Raulerson

Started by Hogdomer, December 18, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redleg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 16, 2016, 02:30:56 pm
would prefer to see Wallace step up and take that from him
If he can, then great!
If not, then it means that either Wallace isn't as good as we thought, or Jackson is a lot better than we thought.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Wildhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 16, 2016, 02:33:49 pm
Just glad I didn't laser a pro V to his dome

I could have legitimately blamed you for our lack of a LT.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 16, 2016, 02:30:56 pm
would prefer to see Wallace step up and take that from him

Based on nothing more than a rating given by a recruiting service three years ago?

I'm so grateful our coaches actually look at performance in practices and scrimmages to make their decisions, not on a computer keystroke by some failed journalist.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

opineonswine

ricepig

opineonswine

Quote from: ricepig on June 16, 2016, 02:59:37 pm
Like we needed a reason to hate Texass.

More like a reminder.

HoopS

So you youngsters who don't get why we still love kicking their butts, read the comments. Now multiply that by 50 years.

The_Boot_stops_here

So that some will quit whining, let me be clear.  By saying that I would prefer Wallace step up and take the LT job for his own, I simply wish that he would fulfill the potential that so many elite programs saw in him 3 years ago.   I have no doubt that if he was practicing up to that potential that he would have the position over Jackson so stop with the dumbassary.  Yes, I made that up. 

ricepig

Quote from: opineonswine on June 16, 2016, 03:06:01 pm
More like a reminder.

My oldest had just text me earlier today,"headed to the home of the Longhorns", I answered, "WTH"? He said it was just for a bachelor's party.....

dhizzle

Why do people think it's funny to call Bret Bert? I don't get it can they not come up with something better?

dhizzle

Quote from: dhizzle on June 16, 2016, 03:42:26 pm
Why do people think it's funny to call Bret Bert? I don't get it can they not come up with something better?

opineonswine

Why do people think it's funny to call Bret Bret? I don't get it can they not come up with something better?

Be like calling Charlie Strong, Chuck.  Juvenile.

Wildhog

Why do people think it's funny to call Bret Bret? I don't get it can they not come up with something better?

Because it cracks me up.  Easily entertained, I guess.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

opineonswine

Awesome news on Jake.  Good Razorback day today.

JIHawg

Minimally, increases our depth at a critical position.  Top side-the last piece of the puzzle next year.  I love the name Jake from State Farm.  He has a sense of humor.

hawginbigd1

WPS good get! Needed!

Pig in the Pokey

but here's hoping that Raulerson finds some success with Bert in his pig pen.

wow
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Razorbacks#1

Well, I am excited to add a quality component to the team. That is all. Go HOGS!
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HogMantheIntruder

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 16, 2016, 01:00:22 pm
it never is when i'm right. merrick, town, whaley, those were all easy. lmao  ;D

to be fair, i called him 3 years ago and was wrong. or was right 3 years early. at any rate, he is our highest rated lineman i believe!
As far as I'm concerned, you were/are correct... Just waaaaay ahead of the curve! Now, I just need you to predict a couple of 4* WR's to replace what we're losing after this season. Thanks in advance!   ;D
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

TheRazorback500

Just got off and heard he committed. Good deal! Woopig.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

supersaint

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 16, 2016, 07:42:13 pm
Just got off and heard he committed. Good deal! Woopig.

TMI
There's no sense in nonsense when the heat is hot.

lefty08

Some dbag named Wescott Eberts  is making fun of someone's name?

Hahahahahahhahahhahahahah
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

kodiakisland

Quote from: opineonswine on June 16, 2016, 02:46:14 pm
And this, my young friends, is why we despise Texas:

http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/6/16/11955204/jake-raulerson-arkansas-razorbacks-graduate-transfer-texas-longhorns

The comments are quite funny.  You think maybe they don't know the richest person in Texas is an Arkansan named Walton, while they try to run down the Walton school of business.  They are definitely living in the past over there.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

PEtrader

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 16, 2016, 08:57:33 pm
wut?

you said "just got off",  and he said too much info.

We all love the Hogs,  but you REALLY love the Hogs eh?
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

TheRazorback500

Quote from: PEtrader on June 16, 2016, 09:10:21 pm
you said "just got off",  and he said too much info.

We all love the Hogs,  but you REALLY love the Hogs eh?
No, I meant I just got off WORK and logged in. I had been following this thread for a while and was commenting positively on his commitment.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

PEtrader

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on June 16, 2016, 09:29:41 pm
No, I meant I just got off WORK and logged in. I had been following this thread for a while and was commenting positively on his commitment.

I know.  He as being 12.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

Oklahawg

Raulerson has the chance to get all the gears meshed up front. He brings experience and could allow Ragnow to move to guard, leaving Skipper at RT. Wallace is not thrown out there prematurely at either RT or RG. Or, my favorite, Ragnow is given a shot at LT, the most important OL position with a right-handed QB. As our best returning OL (and likely the best last year, even with an AA in Tretola) he just seems to be made for at least a serious look.

The other option is that Raulerson is given a look at LT. He was recruited out of HS as an OT. That suggests flexibility. UA has Ragnow, Rogers, Skipper, and now Raulerson who have some flexibility. That helps enhance the addition.

IIRC, when Ragnow was a frosh he was on the field maybe a third of the time. He provided a valuable breather for the starters. It would be a nice role for either Wallace or Jackson. Both will be good, in time. Both need time to grow into the position.

It might be enough to get me to bump from 7-5 to 8-4 in my prognostication.

Too bad the conference ethics rule on domestic violence is so strigent. LTT from Michigan would be here also and that would be something.

Rumors continue to swirl that we aren't done with graduate transfers. Anyone hearing anything else?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bphi11ips

Beat the rush.  Hate Texas early.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

Hawgzinbowlz

The two years is huge.

Welcome to Fayetteville Mr. Raulerson.

" GO HOGS "

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Oklahawg on June 16, 2016, 09:56:56 pm

Rumors continue to swirl that we aren't done with graduate transfers. Anyone hearing anything else?

I'd like to hear more about this

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

lefty08

This has been in the books for a week

Welcome Jake!
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

ricepig

Quote from: Sow Lancelot on June 17, 2016, 05:53:12 am
FIFY

My kids, definitely not old enough to understand the rivalry, were surprised when I taught them to spit after saying Texass, lol.

ricepig

Quote from: lefty08 on June 17, 2016, 07:04:05 am
This has been in the books for a week

Welcome Jake!

Well, hopefully he has the grades, GMAT score, and UT degree to enroll.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 07:14:09 am
Well, hopefully he has the grades, GMAT score, and UT degree to enroll.

Already been accepted into the Walton School of Business MBA program, so you would have to assume that he has been academically vetted, right?
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on June 17, 2016, 07:19:20 am
Already been accepted into the Walton School of Business MBA program, so you would have to assume that he has been academically vetted, right?

Well, his letter states he needs to do XY+Z to formally enroll, just like to make it official.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: ricepig on June 17, 2016, 07:28:51 am
Well, his letter states he needs to do XY+Z to formally enroll, just like to make it official.

Well yeah, but I don't think that they normally send out letters telling a candidate that they have been formally accepted unless they have already passed muster academically.
Go Hogs Go!

rljjr

With Tutt and Raulerson are we up to 22 now or have I missed somebody?

nationwish

The 25 limit is only for initial players enrolled in college, so graduate transfers won't go against that number. They only count against your total scholarship limit.

jgphillips3

Quote from: nationwish on June 17, 2016, 09:14:29 am
The 25 limit is only for initial players enrolled in college, so graduate transfers won't go against that number. They only count against your total scholarship limit.

That's good, so he just takes Evans spot (for example) since he transferred out.  Still can find another late gem or early enrollee next year.  Sweet.

East TN HAWG

How many open spots against the 85 do we have?

TebowHater

Looking at his MBA admission letter, it looks like his program starts January 2017...unless he enrolls full-time in some other UA grad courses (like standard masters or something) can we confirm he will be eligible this year? I am sure CBB can pull some strings, but you must be a full-time student to be NCAA eligible.

Edit: NVM - maybe the letter is just wrong - because in the text it says Fall 2016 MBA ... but then it listed the orientation for Spring 2017 MBA entrance. Or maybe orientation isn't prior to the start of the program.

https://twitter.com/JakeRaulerson55/status/743217165143183360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: TebowHater on June 17, 2016, 06:59:56 pm
Looking at his MBA admission letter, it looks like his program starts January 2017...unless he enrolls full-time in some other UA grad courses (like standard masters or something) can we confirm he will be eligible this year? I am sure CBB can pull some strings, but you must be a full-time student to be NCAA eligible.

Edit: NVM - maybe the letter is just wrong - because in the text it says Fall 2016 MBA ... but then it listed the orientation for Spring 2017 MBA entrance. Or maybe orientation isn't prior to the start of the program.

https://twitter.com/JakeRaulerson55/status/743217165143183360/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
No the letter was correct, the MBA program does start in the spring. It's is only a 3 semester program.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

GuvHog

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on June 17, 2016, 07:59:19 pm
No the letter was correct, the MBA program does start in the spring. It's is only a 3 semester program.

So could it be that he's going to take a light schedule of other classes in the fall and then start MBA school in the spring??
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!