Started by Hogdomer, December 18, 2015, 03:52:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogdomer

hawginbigd1

Interesting we need a center

jackflash

if he wants to come I would take him.

WriterWrong

Could be several over the decades, but have we ever had a shorthorn transfer to the Hogs?

1highhog

Hmmmm, he'll always be a shorthorn, don't see him making the cut here.

The real Hogules

A very well spoken young man. Would be a quality get, the equal of any Juco lineman (experience wise) that we could hope to land.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Oklahawg

We pursued this guy out of HS. Not a surprise he might be on our radar.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Huds_HawgTide

I remember the name...was highly rated
"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

Razorpigg

Quote from: 1highhog on December 18, 2015, 04:10:03 pm
Hmmmm, he'll always be a shorthorn, don't see him making the cut here.

Yea I caught that too....  :puke:

Maybe CBB can look past that.  I cant but it dont matter what I think haha

King Kong

tophawg19

it wouldn't be an offer would it ? more like just a transfer counting against the 85 ?
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: tophawg19 on December 18, 2015, 09:30:57 pm
it wouldn't be an offer would it ? more like just a transfer counting against the 85 ?

No, you would have to say you're on ship. Doubt a kid would come if not on scholarship.

lefty08

He is visiting right now.........
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: lefty08 on June 09, 2016, 08:27:21 pm
He is visiting right now.........

That's what I just posted

King Kong

Grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility left. Sign me up. If he can man the center position I will feel much better about the line next season.

oldfart

if he does come and can fit into the center spot would allow ragnow to shift back to guard and shore up that position

The_Boot_stops_here

Supposedly leaning to UNC

TheRazorback500

Do you wanna get Rocked?

King Kong

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on June 09, 2016, 09:53:03 pm
Supposedly leaning to UNC

To be fair he had already visited UNC prior to now. Hasn't visited Arkansas until today

lefty08

He is gonna be a hog.......book it
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: lefty08 on June 09, 2016, 10:59:56 pm

Definitely maybe a possibility.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: King Kong on June 09, 2016, 08:55:54 pm
Grad transfer with 2 years of eligibility left. Sign me up. If he can man the center position I will feel much better about the line next season.

Whaaaa?

We have a four star recruit, a redshirt freshman,  backing up our stud/AA candidate center, a junior.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

King Kong

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 10, 2016, 05:30:17 am
Whaaaa?

We have a four star recruit, a redshirt freshman,  backing up our stud/AA candidate center, a junior.

Are talking about Rogers? Because he is a Sophomore. He didn't redshirt.

This kid by he way was the #2 center 4 star coming out of HS as well. Also played some RT in HS and at Texas

I would much rather have Ragnow at another position on the Offensive Line. I understand his best position is Center but I don't have great confidence in the other players not named Skipper right now.

Of course now that I have been on a rant.  He won't come

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: King Kong on June 10, 2016, 05:57:37 am

At the worst case I hope Raulerson could allow Roger to RS this season.

Before committing to tranfer to UCLA. Stanford and Michigan were other programs after Raulerson apparrently those schools are out of running has they don't have Scholarships available now.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: King Kong on June 10, 2016, 05:57:37 am

This kid by he way was the #2 center 4 star coming out of HS as well. Also played some RT in HS and at Texas

I would much rather have Ragnow at another position on the Offensive Line. I understand his best position is Center but I don't have great confidence in the other players not named Skipper right now.

Of course now that I have been on a rant.  He won't come

So you don't think much of Rogers, huh?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

nwahogfan1

Quote from: lefty08 on June 09, 2016, 10:59:56 pm
Have you kept track of your recruiting predictions?  If you are 100% I have some money I want you to invest for me. LOL.

I would like for us to sign Jake.  I think he would be a nice addition and a probable starter.

King Kong

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on June 10, 2016, 08:53:29 am
So you don't think much of Rogers, huh?

IMO if Roger was ready he would already have the Center of Guard position locked down.

Not saying Roger won't eventually do well. I think he will be a starter for a year or 2. I don't think he is ready for next year. I also have to believe the coaches are thinking along similar lines or they wouldn't even be bring Raulerson in for a Visit

ArkansasI

Jake sounds like a smart guy.  I like that.  He got his degree from Texas in 3 years and is looking for an MBA program.  People that rank graduate schools put the Masters program at Walton below those at North Carolina and SMU.  The rankings I saw place UCLA's MBA program - where Jake didn't get accepted - above those at UNC and SMU.

I'm not sure what those rankings say about our prospects to land Jake.  I get a little queasy about "player fit" when guys are ready to leave Austin for Los Angeles, Chapel Hill or Dallas.  Jake did not start at Texas and is looking for the best graduate school he can get into - I wonder where his heart lies right now.  Maybe Jake and Charlie didn't mesh as well as Jake did with Mack.

If he still burns to play football, then Jake might be a good fit for the Hogs.  I'm curious to see how this plays out.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: King Kong on June 10, 2016, 09:59:29 am
IMO if Roger was ready he would already have the Center of Guard position locked down.

Not saying Roger won't eventually do well. I think he will be a starter for a year or 2. I don't think he is ready for next year. I also have to believe the coaches are thinking along similar lines or they wouldn't even be bring Raulerson in for a Visit

Maybe, but that's making a lot of assumptions, and you know what they say about that.

IMO, they've got their best OL in the most critical position for CBB's offense.  To expect Rogers to be so good to move a Remington Award candidate to OG is expecting a lot.

"I don't know, it's up to you Charlie, but you might want to think about cutting the kid some slack."

JackJohnson

Quote from: ArkansasI on June 10, 2016, 10:01:53 am
Jake sounds like a smart guy.  I like that.  He got his degree from Texas in 3 years and is looking for an MBA program.  People that rank graduate schools put the Masters program at Walton below those at North Carolina and SMU.  The rankings I saw place UCLA's MBA program - where Jake didn't get accepted - above those at UNC and SMU.

I'm not sure what those rankings say about our prospects to land Jake.  I get a little queasy about "player fit" when guys are ready to leave Austin for Los Angeles, Chapel Hill or Dallas.  Jake did not start at Texas and is looking for the best graduate school he can get into - I wonder where his heart lies right now.  Maybe Jake and Charlie didn't mesh as well as Jake did with Mack.

If he still burns to play football, then Jake might be a good fit for the Hogs.  I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Interesting way of looking at this that I hadn't thought of and it definitely raises some potential questions. 

That being said we NEED talented bodies on the OL after Pittman inexplicably WAY under recruited numbers wise each and every year he was here.  I would also take a chance 100% of the time on a kid like then then just haphazardly giving a scholarship to someone like Nicholas Thomas-Smith who has never played/contributed nor will he in this his final year

lefty08

He will be a hog. Book it

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 10, 2016, 11:23:54 am
He will be a hog. Book it

Can I write it down and take it to the bank, as well? 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:25:28 am
Can I write it down and take it to the bank, as well?

Carve it in stone of you want. If he gets accepted to a program it's done

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 10, 2016, 11:29:21 am
Carve it in stone of you want. If he gets accepted to a program it's done

I mean, I hope that's actually his parent on the Razor's Edge, too.

You could at least mention that.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:29:51 am

Any reason to believe it's not?

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:29:51 am

You could at least mention that.

As I've said time and time again. I'm no insider. People are well aware of that. You assume too much

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 10, 2016, 11:30:39 am
Any reason to believe it's not?

Not that I'm aware of.  However, we also don't know if he/she is on any of the other schools' boards.

I really hope we get Jake, though.  We NEED him.
1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:34:50 am
Not that I'm aware of.  However, we also don't know if he/she is on any of the other schools' boards.

I really hope we get Jake, though.  We NEED him.

So what's your point?

Wildhog

1909/1964/1965/1977

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:38:28 am
I hope Jake transfers here?

No no. You want to call me out because you think my opinion hinges from another site. Don't backtrack. Just say it

Edited to add things after the fact like my man wildhog

Wildhog

Quote from: lefty08 on June 10, 2016, 11:41:33 am
No no. You want to call me out because you think my opinion hinges from another site. Don't backtrack. Just say it

How am I backtracking?  I've already said you should have mentioned the rivals thread.  Instead, you act like you have some scoop and that people should "carve it in stone" that he's coming here.  He very well may be.  A parent making a post on that board certainly bodes well.  But we don't actually *KNOW* what they're going to do.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: lefty08 on June 10, 2016, 11:41:33 am

Edited to add things after the fact like my man wildhog

Well. Does it?

lefty08

Quote from: Wildhog on June 10, 2016, 11:47:30 am
How am I backtracking?  I've already said you should have mentioned the rivals thread.  Instead, you act like you have some scoop and that people should "carve it in stone" that he's coming here.  He very well may be.  A parent making a post on that board certainly bodes well.  But we don't actually *KNOW* what they're going to do.

Actually I haven't acted like that at all. Not even a little bit

ricepig

Wasn't it carved in stone that he was going to UCLA? Also, our MBA program starts in January, correct? I just had a kid graduate with one, and he was able to start his last semester of his SR year because he only needed 6 hours for his undergraduate. Anyway, hope he gets in, and I hope he comes, and lastly, I hope he graduates as he'll cost us this opportunity for three years if he doesn't.

LJHOG

Why is he leaving UT?  Better educational opportunities or no athletic opportunities??

ricepig

Quote from: LJHOG on June 10, 2016, 12:13:25 pm
Why is he leaving UT?  Better educational opportunities or no athletic opportunities??

Probably the later, also, I thought you could transfer for a degree not offered at your present university, did they do away with that?