Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Offical Arkansas vs Central Michigan Game thread

Started by hogsrule44, December 05, 2006, 06:59:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

football17

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: fourthcrusade on December 05, 2006, 07:37:40 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2006, 07:34:14 pm
My impressions of the game.  Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.  A team with no identity and no passion in front of fans showing little emotion and passion.  With a coach that shows little emotion.  I don't blame the fans they just key off the coach and style of play.  Even in our down days we would b-slap and run and gun on a team like this.  Stan has done nothing to endear himself to the fans.

I love the hogs but we are on pace to score 60 against a team we should score 80 plus against with scrubs playing the second half.  Gary Ervin is the basketball equivalent of Brent Schaeffer.

For what it's worth, we're on pace for an 100-50 blowout.

Don't know how you do your math but we have 24 pts with 5 min left, that's 1.6 pts per minute which works out to 64 points for a 40 minute game.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HogginIT

Fire Houston Nutt tonight!!!!

Oh, sorry, wrong thread.
Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

Immensehog

Quote from: Immensehog on December 05, 2006, 07:40:10 pm
Quote from: fourthcrusade on December 05, 2006, 07:39:13 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on December 05, 2006, 07:38:12 pm
This atmospehre and quality of play remind me of a good A.I.C. conference game from the old days.

i know... i mean 83% fts and doubling thier score, 4 steals and 2 blocks in 10 minutes... we must suck!!!!

i;m outta here, too much negativity!

20-10 HOGS, 3rd media timeout (7:something left)

see ya.

Okay.

I'm being a little rough on you, but.

I was in the stands with May-Day, and Big O taking threes.  Barnhill sounded like a jet taking off inside for 2 plus hours, regardless of who we played.

We have lost our mojo, our home crowd.

Nolan started this, but Heath is finishing it for him.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

TnHog65

hogfankb

Hogs ball movement against the zone has looked better tonight than it has in 8 or 9 years.

RhodeHog

Is it just me or is Stan Heath basketball boring to watch on TV?  I just can't seem to get into it anymore on the tube.

Immensehog

Quote from: RhodeHog on December 05, 2006, 07:51:50 pm
Is it just me or is Stan Heath basketball boring to watch on TV?  I just can't seem to get into it anymore on the tube.

I've been flipping back and forth between the game and Antiques Roadshow.

TnHog65

I think we need to start a thread to fire Nutt, Stan, Golf coach, swim coach, volleyball coach, badmitten coach, gymnastics coach, cheerleader coach, band coach (leader), and all other coaches.  Maybe leave the track coach.

RhodeHog

Quote from: Immensehog on December 05, 2006, 07:52:39 pm

Funny!

TnHog65

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

RhodeHog

Quote from: TnHog65 on December 05, 2006, 07:53:18 pm
I think we need to start a thread to fire Nutt, Stan, Golf coach, swim coach, volleyball coach, badmitten coach, gymnastics coach, cheerleader coach, band coach (leader), and all other coaches.  Maybe leave the track coach.

I didn't say anything negative about Heath.  I just stated that Heath ball is boring on TV in my opinion.  Huge difference from Fire Heath.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Squishy on December 05, 2006, 07:29:09 pm
Quote from: TnHog65 on December 05, 2006, 07:25:42 pm
Quote from: Squishy on December 05, 2006, 07:24:37 pm
Quote from: hogsrule44 on December 05, 2006, 07:23:50 pm
He may not be that good but at least Hunter plays hard.
hell, we could play hard.. he is not good enough to play. period.

but he is tall
so is andre the giant.. doubt he could play basketball

uh, your right... Andre is still currently dead.

ArchitectHog

What channel?
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
Quote from: KEYS on October 07, 2009, 10:45:57 am
The Hogs should play every HOME game in Little Rock just as soon as the campus is moved there... hence the meaning of "home."
Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on August 13, 2010, 08:47:52 am
We can no longer afford to play in Little Rock. The university is in Fayetteville.

TRUHOG718

Just getting in. I see were up. whats with all the negativity today. You guys gonna carry this bullish over from the football game?? I guess some of ya remembered we actually have a basketball team now that footballs over. I can tell cuz the other basketball game threads were less angry.  WPS  ;)
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

HedgeDweller

Don't forget Dave Van Horn.  He hasn't shown us much yet.
The honeymoon is over.
CWS every year or he's gotta go.

Immensehog

I have had a gutful of that gymnastics coach.

TnHog65

Quote from: RhodeHog on December 05, 2006, 07:56:29 pm

I didn't say anything negative about Heath.  I just stated that Heath ball is boring on TV in my opinion.  Huge difference from Fire Heath.

Sorry, I don't get them on the TV.  On the radio they sound like they are winning. 

Sarcasm dude

resqnu911

i dont think heath can fill up the seats....it just isnt exciting to watch...

TRUHOG718

RhodeHog

Quote from: TnHog65 on December 05, 2006, 07:59:54 pm
Quote from: RhodeHog on December 05, 2006, 07:56:29 pm

Sorry, I don't get them on the TV.  On the radio they sound like they are winning. 

Sarcasm dude

It's all good man.  I actually like Heath, but man this game is slow.  Maybe it's just a hard transition from football.

TnHog65

Quote from: Immensehog on December 05, 2006, 07:58:28 pm

I have had a gutful of that gymnastics coach.

Ive been waiting on the next Tiger or Phil and have been very disappointed.  Fire the Golf coach...

Table Rocker

Dwight_K_Shrute

When that turn of the century ottoman appraised for $500 I jumped up and started hollering.  Booyahh who's your daddy now.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Immensehog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2006, 08:09:54 pm

When that turn of the century ottoman appraised for $500 I jumped up and started hollering.  Booyahh who's your daddy now.

I ripped my shirt off and tweaked my own nipples!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote of the night from the awesome announcer working with Dykes.  "Stan Heat has got to be satisfied with the way his team has played"

Satisfied with scoring in the mid 30's on a lower level mid major.  If our coach is satisfied this program is worse off than I had imagined.

TnHog65

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2006, 08:11:46 pm
Quote of the night from the awesome announcer working with Dykes.  "Stan Heat has got to be satisfied with the way his team has played"

Satisfied with scoring in the mid 30's on a lower level mid major.  If our coach is satisfied this program is worse off than I had imagined.

Fire every coach at the U of A

Adam Stokes

December 05, 2006, 08:16:14 pm #83 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:18:10 pm by ajs15razorman
  For those wanting a score update, we're up 36-22 at halftime.  At least we don't have to have a comeback in this one.  Not sure on individual stats, maybe some of you guys can help with that, ESPN.com only tells so much.

diamondp

Razorback basketball this yr is going to be a dissapointing end to a dissapointing beginning preempted by a dissapointing end to a promising football season. :razorback:
JUST WIN!!!!

hogfankb

I've never seen Thomas play this lazy before.

Watching on offense. Trailing on screens.

TRUHOG718

TnHog65

Quote from: diamondp on December 05, 2006, 08:20:27 pm
Razorback basketball this yr is going to be a dissapointing end to a dissapointing beginning preempted by a dissapointing end to a promising football season. :razorback:

Promising football season??????  I think we were picked to go 7-4 or 8-3. 

Are you smoking crack???????????????????

TnHog65

TRUHOG718

December 05, 2006, 08:27:04 pm #90 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:50:57 pm by TRUHOG718

Gotta love the well thought out, informative posters. Youll give this board such credibility.  STOP....THINK....POST

dmcneil

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2006, 07:44:46 pm
Quote from: fourthcrusade on December 05, 2006, 07:37:40 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on December 05, 2006, 07:34:14 pm
My impressions of the game.  Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.  A team with no identity and no passion in front of fans showing little emotion and passion.  With a coach that shows little emotion.  I don't blame the fans they just key off the coach and style of play.  Even in our down days we would b-slap and run and gun on a team like this.  Stan has done nothing to endear himself to the fans.

I love the hogs but we are on pace to score 60 against a team we should score 80 plus against with scrubs playing the second half.  Gary Ervin is the basketball equivalent of Brent Schaeffer.

For what it's worth, we're on pace for an 100-50 blowout.

Don't know how you do your math but we have 24 pts with 5 min left, that's 1.6 pts per minute which works out to 64 points for a 40 minute game.

Facts are stubborn things...

SnoopHawg

We need Steven Hill in there for his offense, dude almost got his shot off once in the first half.

TnHog65

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on December 05, 2006, 08:27:04 pm
Quote from: TnHog65 on December 05, 2006, 08:15:50 pm

Gotta love the well thought out, informative posters. Youll give this board such credibility.  STOP....THINK....POST

My point exactly.  Trying to get my point across with sarcasm.

TRUHOG718

December 05, 2006, 08:31:34 pm #95 Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 08:53:08 pm by TRUHOG718

Quote from: link=topic=98539.msg1379720#msg1379720 date=1165371106

My point exactly.  Trying to get my point across with sarcasm.

My bad TNhog65 I knew you were. After i looked at the post i noticed i put you in there.

Dwight_K_Shrute

I put alot of thought into my posts about Stan.  Such as ppg under Stan vs. prior coach.  Margin of victory under Stan vs. pc.  Overall accomplishments of Hogs under Stan vs. pc.  Atmosphere at BWA with Stan vs. pc.  Current performance of team in current game and quality of current opponent.  Flow of current game.  Improvement of current players since they have been on campus.

moley_russells_wart_hog

any one listening on the radio hear the yelling in the back ground , hes making my vocal cords hurt

Squealers

That was such a good play by Hill I had to rewind my TIVO and watch that again!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: moley_russells_wart_hog on December 05, 2006, 08:33:21 pm
any one listening on the radio hear the yelling in the back ground , hes making my vocal cords hurt

One good thing about a small crowd you can really hear the mouthy fans.