Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OFFICAL Arkansas @ Missouri Game Thread

Started by hogfan13, November 30, 2006, 07:43:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Well I was a little close.  I said 63-77.

Dbighog

Quote from: razorstein on November 30, 2006, 10:09:33 pm
Wow, we just lost by 22!  We just had our old style of ball bite us in the butt!
I think I am going to be a Mizzou BB fan but an AR Football fan!

NuttinItUp

Remind me again why we didn't hire Mike Anderson?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: Dbighog on November 30, 2006, 10:10:54 pm
Wow, we just lost by 22!  We just had our old style of ball bite us in the butt!

It's tempting isn't it.

hogomatic

nice to see some hogball tonight errrrr mizzou ball

cityhog

I'm not really surprised by this.  you knew MA was gonna have his team jacked for this game.  I think we walked into a buzz saw tonight.

Dbighog

Quote from: abostian on November 30, 2006, 10:11:30 pm
Quote from: Dbighog on November 30, 2006, 10:10:54 pm
Anderson is awesome! I wish he was here!

It's tempting isn't it.

razorstein

Now we know how we made many teams feel for so many years!  OUCH!

Juicemeister

Anyone still wondering why we aren't ranked? Anyone?

Nope, I didn't think so.

NuttinItUp

so....

What about that football game Saturday

ParaPorker

Wow, Hill sure has progressed a lot.    ???

CP
WPS, go hogs go. Peace, out.

razorstein

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:15:15 pm
so....

What about that football game Saturday

Glad to know we aren't playing another former assistant coach that we rejected!

coolhog

A coach takes a team over 6 months ago and beats your brains in, after youve been building a program for 4 years. Franks needs to take this one up the garbage chute.

The_Bionic_Pig

Listen I understand all of your arguements but if Arkansas shot 75% from 3 point range against their next opponent would you be giving the credit Stan Heath?  I thought so.....I am very proud of my Razorbacks win or lose and I wish we had a more mature coach other than Stan Heath but I am not going to throw in the towel on the season and talk about how much we suck and dismiss all those young men because its the in thing to do after a blowout. All the bitching and moaning in the world won't change tonights results.  I would rather focus on what they will learn from this loss, strategy etc...

Go Hogs!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Arkiejared

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 30, 2006, 10:16:59 pm
Listen I understand all of your arguements but if Arkansas shot 75% from 3 point range against their next opponent would you be giving the credit Stan Heath?  I thought so.....I am very proud of my Razorbacks win or lose and I wish we had a more mature coach other than Stan Heath but I am not going to throw in the towel on the season and talk about how much we suck and dismiss all those young men because its the in thing to do after a blowout. All the bitching and moaning in the world won't change tonights results.  I would rather focus on what they will learn from this loss, strategy etc...

Go Hogs!!!
Agreed.

Inigo Montoya

I guess my early predictions were wrong about our team.  5 yrs for Heath and we still suck.  We are not top 25.  We are not top 100.  We won the Old Spice Classic which is about as valuable as the cheap as s cologne that Old Spice makes.  I've seen better offense at a pick up game when I was in High School at the youth center.  And Irvin is a chump and I wish we would have never picked him up.  In summary WE SUCK ASSSS!!!

pignatious

November 30, 2006, 10:21:16 pm #467 Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:23:36 pm by pignatious

Go Hogs!!!

I admire your positive attitude. However I had enough of Heath ball after year 1 and it hasn't improved. So, I can't help but want him to just go the hell away. We need a real coach for a great basketball program. Frank needs to do his job.
Freedom is never free.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Arkiejared on November 30, 2006, 10:17:49 pm

Go Hogs!!!
Agreed.

Sorry bu if anyone is proud of a team that gets blown out like we did tonight then you have low low looowwwww expectations.  Have a good night justifying the well below average basketball program we now have.  chow

cardinalhawg

Go Hogs!!!

I agree that the season is not lost, but I do wonder if the Hogs will ever become more than a decent team.  I could see us toping out with an occasion Final 32 or Sweet 16 appearance on occasion, but I do question if we can become one of the top 5 or 10 teams in the nation.  We struggle to get anywhere around the top 25.

I just hope that the Hogs can learn from this and progress, but it seems that Heath's teams look similiar year in and year out in terms of the same mistakes.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on November 30, 2006, 10:20:09 pm
I guess my early predictions were wrong about our team.  5 yrs for Heath and we still suck.  We are not top 25.  We are not top 100.  We won the Old Spice Classic which is about as valuable as the cheap as s cologne that Old Spice makes.  I've seen better offense at a pick up game when I was in High School at the youth center.  And Irvin is a chump and I wish we would have never picked him up.  In summary WE SUCK ASSSS!!!

Now that is a true fan right their...  :'(
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

pignatious

It's the same old tired crap year after year. We meet a team that likes to play up tempo and man to man defense and we are toast.
Freedom is never free.

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: pignatious on November 30, 2006, 10:25:15 pm
It's the same old tired crap year after year. We meet a team that likes to play up tempo and man to man defense and we are toast.

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 30, 2006, 10:24:37 pm

Spell check try it??

The_Bionic_Pig

Just like Tennessee and Florida huh pignatious
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Juicemeister

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on November 30, 2006, 10:26:03 pm

Spell check try it??
He spelled "their" correctly. He just used the wrong one.

pignatious

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on November 30, 2006, 10:26:07 pm

Just like Tennessee and Florida huh pignatious

I think that was a two game aberration. The rest of his tenure speaks otherwise.
Freedom is never free.

HAWGTROT

Quote from: cityhog on November 30, 2006, 10:11:59 pm
I'm not really surprised by this.  you knew MA was gonna have his team jacked for this game.  I think we walked into a buzz saw tonight.
Exactamondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Juicemeister on November 30, 2006, 10:35:04 pm
Quote from: Inigo Montoya on November 30, 2006, 10:26:03 pm

Spell check try it??
He spelled "their" correctly. He just used the wrong one.

true

I'm just pissed off .  Going to go watch Grays Anatomy and look at hot doctor chicks.  That should cool me off.

BigHog396

It's simple...
1)  Vincent Hunter should NEVER see the floor again (unless he is standing up to allow a real player to sit during a timeout huddle).
2)  Gary Ervin has a really long way to go before he becomes a good PG.  The story on him coming in was that he was very inconsistent... you will love him one night, and want him gone the next.  He has to learn how to slow down and play as a PG, that is why he is here.
3)  Sonny Weems will be good, but he still needs some time to adjust to D1 ball.  He made a number of JUCO mistakes tonight, but definitely has shown glimpses of his potential.
4)  Stan still seems to have NO understanding about the chemistry of his teams.  It drove me nuts over-and-over again since he has been here.  He puts some of the most ridiculous groupings of players on the court that I have ever seen from a major D1 school HC.
5)  Stan still has to learn how to have some passion in and out of the coaches box.  We got absolutely screwed on a number of calls tonight, the game was not called consistently on both ends of the court (not making an excuse, we still would have lost badly), and he NEVER got on the refs butts about it.  He is never going to make it at this level, with the lack of intensity he has during a game like that.

There is plenty more that I could go into... lack of passing to the post, lack of playing under control and within our system, wrong players taking shots, but I don't have the energy left to go into it all.  We have the potential to have a very good year, but a game like tonight shows just how far we still have to go to get to the level where Arkansas Razorback basketball should be!

hogSGreer

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:11:05 pm
Remind me again why we didn't hire Mike Anderson?

Frank said he wanted someone with head coaching experience, so now we've had the experience of getting it handed to us.