Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

POSTING LIVE FROM BUD WALTON ARENA!!! (Xavier New-Orleans Game)

Started by hogfan13, October 31, 2006, 12:10:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:34:14 pm
In my next post. It'll be a 10 second Clip of Arkansas coming onto the court during the half

Here it is. Click the Pic

Sorry about the quality

JHicks3636

10 minutes-way too much for this game.

lunchbox72703

JHicks3636

hogfan13

Quote from: Since 1894 on October 31, 2006, 08:35:36 pm
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:29:38 pm
Guys. I left the game to go to a real computer. PLEASE SINCE

Sorry,

You snooze, you Loose!!!!!
What if I updated next Monday's Game aganist California (Pa.)??

lunchbox72703

so, how do the newbies look on the court?

mountainhog

hogfan13

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on October 31, 2006, 08:37:23 pm
so, how do the newbies look on the court?
They looked pretty good. Beverly scored his first point as I left

JHicks3636

Hunter goes in and in 8 seconds commits 2 fouls and has a turnover. Bigtime playing

Since 1894

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:36:43 pm
Quote from: Since 1894 on October 31, 2006, 08:35:36 pm
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:29:38 pm
Guys. I left the game to go to a real computer. PLEASE SINCE

Sorry,

You snooze, you Loose!!!!!
What if I updated next Monday's Game aganist California (Pa.)??

I will show my daughter you pic again and see what she says.

I will let you know.

Be Good
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

mountainhog

WxHog

69-33 with 7:11 left

XNO has 22 turnovers

hogfan13

hogfan13

hogfan13

Best pic with quality of The Band and The Student section I could get

Razorbacks#1

3 point shooting continues too suck. 1 of 11.
"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

JHicks3636

74-40 at 4:25. Very sloppy Hog play in last 5 minutes.

WxHog

Yikes, were 1/12 from 3 point range.

11 blocked shots though.

74-40, Under 4 minutes left

WxHog

Steven Hill has fouled out. 

5 rebounds, 9 points. 

76-43, 2:53 left

Rooka

Thanks again for the updates guys.  You make hogville the best site on earth.

JHicks3636

hogfan13

WxHog

Some final team stats:

XNO                  AR 
Points                   49                    82 
Field goals  12/47 - 25.5%  33/68 - 48.5% 
3-Point FGs 6/20 - 30.0%     1/13 - 7.7% 
Free throws 19/24 - 79.2%  15/21 - 71.4% 
Rebounds (Off-Def) 35 (10/25)  41 (15/26) 
Fouls                     17                 22 
Steals                    3                  13 
Blocks                    4                  12 
Assists                   7                  15 
Turnovers               26                13 
Bench Points           13                39 
2nd chance points    6                 25 
Points off turnovers  13                38 

southland

Does anyone know the score of the BB game?  Thanks

Rooka

Squealers

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:35:41 pm
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 08:34:14 pm
In my next post. It'll be a 10 second Clip of Arkansas coming onto the court during the half

Here it is. Click the Pic

Sorry about the quality

Jr, that is funny as chit.  It looks like all the players decided to come out nude, and the pixelation police were quick to cover them up!!!

Good job with the reporting and updates, you rock!
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

pbjones81

Quote from: southland on October 31, 2006, 09:10:37 pm
Does anyone know the score of the BB game?  Thanks

2 of the 3 posts before yours have the final score..read...damn

hogfan13

Thanks. I'll have my phone Betterly Charged for Next Monday

pbjones81

pbjones81

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 09:21:27 pm
Better Charged

i gotcha jr....i just figured I'd get in on the pick on nox jr day....good pics...and good PBP tonight  :)

pbjones81

oh yeah how about those cheerleaders' phone numbers??  did you work any magic with them?

Pignominious

Overall we were kinda sloppy and sluggish.  The newcomers looked mediocre and made some mistakes.  Rebounding was decent not great not bad.  Shooting was scary.  We just didn't hit much of anything.  Hill doesn't have much touch around the basket.  Townes looked good when he got the ball, so did Thomas.  Weems dissapeared.  Defense looked really good.  We allowed a few 3's that we shouldn't have.  I don't no how they viewed this game but it looked like a glorified practice.  We still have a ways to go, but we've got a few weeks of practice left.  No need to panic we still won by 30+ I just expected alot better performance.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

hogfan13

Quote from: pbjones81 on October 31, 2006, 09:27:06 pm
oh yeah how about those cheerleaders' phone numbers??  did you work any magic with them?
I was to far up. But it turns out my Cousin is on the Pom-Pom squad

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: MDH on October 31, 2006, 06:35:38 pm
Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on October 31, 2006, 06:30:13 pm
GUYS. I JUST SAW A SQUIRRL ON TOP OF THE VENTS HERE IN BUD

You got a gun with you?  I hate me some squirrels.

Seriously though, wish I could be there.  Instead I'll have to try and find it on the radio.
Squirrel's on the radio?  What will they think of next...  ;)

hogfan13

Quote from: Juicemeister on October 31, 2006, 10:07:41 pm
Play by play from the voice of Hogville Basketball, Nox Jr.!
I'll do my best Hogville. GO HOGS!!!

SawsageFest

Haterz, all of ya.  I showed up to ring in the new year for my hawgs and it was awezome!!!!

I will admit im a bit drink but it was worth it.  The guards were awesome and they played way down low like a borther should LOL.  I was so glad to see respectible ball again it was CRAZY.  I havet seen a team this hard since I DON't know when.  Props to the mad skillz of the team and the lovers of the bball program.  I wish all the haterz would get on board or shut the hell up already.  Yeh it was off teh chain!!!! [CENSORED]. yeah it was awesome.  Sonny Weems will have to work Long and hard to weem me off of him because he has GOT IT GOING ON MOTHER TURCKER YEAH.

3kgthog

It's pretty safe to say that points will be at a premium for this offense. We have ZERO shooters. Yes, I said zero. Weems shoots like Bill Cartwright and has the slowest release in history. Beverley couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and has a nifty side spin on his shot. Welsh couldn't throw it in the ocean. McCurdy hit his first 3-pointer since he was in 8th grade. Ervin is another Eric Ferguson without the defense and occassional hot streak.

The only bright spots we have are a more aggressive but still poor shooting Steven Hill, an offensively solid Townes, and Charles Thomas just picking up right where he left off. Everyone else looked horrible and reminded me of Stan Heath's first team. We have a long way to go and I can't see this team winning more than 17 games.

Immensehog

Quote from: SawsageFest on October 31, 2006, 10:28:19 pm
Haterz, all of ya.  I showed up to ring in the new year for my hawgs and it was awezome!!!!

I will admit im a bit drink but it was worth it.  The guards were awesome and they played way down low like a borther should LOL.  I was so glad to see respectible ball again it was CRAZY.  I havet seen a team this hard since I DON't know when.  Props to the mad skillz of the team and the lovers of the bball program.  I wish all the haterz would get on board or shut the hell up already.  Yeh it was off teh chain!!!! [CENSORED]. yeah it was awesome.  Sonny Weems will have to work Long and hard to weem me off of him because he has GOT IT GOING ON MOTHER TURCKER YEAH.

Haterz?

[CENSORED]?

A bit drink?

Welcome to hogville slim shady.  
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

Pignominious

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 31, 2006, 10:32:14 pm
It's pretty safe to say that points will be at a premium for this offense. We have ZERO shooters. Yes, I said zero. Weems shoots like Bill Cartwright and has the slowest release in history. Beverley couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and has a nifty side spin on his shot. Welsh couldn't throw it in the ocean. McCurdy hit his first 3-pointer since he was in 8th grade. Ervin is another Eric Ferguson without the defense and occassional hot streak.

The only bright spots we have are a more aggressive but still poor shooting Steven Hill, an offensively solid Townes, and Charles Thomas just picking up right where he left off. Everyone else looked horrible and reminded me of Stan Heath's first team. We have a long way to go and I can't see this team winning more than 17 games.

I saw some of the same things you did, but I think you were just a little harsh.  Beverly, and Welsh will get there shots in they weren't falling tonight, that is part of adjusting as a frosh.  They will be fine.  Weems I am concerned about he really dissapeared tonight and missed alot of easy shots.

diehardrbackfan

October 31, 2006, 10:50:47 pm #140 Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 06:54:56 pm by diehardrbackfan

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Fresh Legs™ on October 31, 2006, 12:28:21 pm
Quote from: dubyacee on October 31, 2006, 12:24:49 pm
If your going to post on big boy page, please learn the difference between their, and there. 

If he would pay more attention in English class he might know the difference. 

There you go again, talking about people that you have no idea about!  when will it ever end?
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Vidhog

Quote from: 3kgthog on October 31, 2006, 10:32:14 pm

Screw it now. Let's just cancel the season.  ::)

Buff

dont watch if it's that bad. 

they'll be ready when the schedule toughens up.

of course, I was sitting on press row right in front of the band, so i watched the hot cheerleader dressed as Daisy Duke (the Jessica Simpson version) more than i watched the game.

hogfan13

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 31, 2006, 11:01:15 pm

of course, I was sitting on press row right in front of the band, so i watched the hot cheerleader dressed as Daisy Duke (the Jessica Simpson version) more than i watched the game.
Loser :D

hogfan13

As the Hogville Play by Play announcer for Hog Basketball. I'll be better Prepaired for next Monday's game

Juicemeister

You're really running with this idea. Make us proud, Nox. :)

hogfan13

I will. But i'm questionable for the old spice tournament. Even though I'll be in a area out in no where and it'll be on tv. I dont know if I'll watch the game. It depends on what happens

Pignominious

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 31, 2006, 11:01:15 pm

I saw her to.  Wow!

hogninja

Quote from: SawsageFest on October 31, 2006, 10:28:19 pm

While I must admit that I have posted when I have had a few also, please learn to hit the spell check button and know what the alternative spelling means before you hit post.  Not bashing, just looking at a butchered post. :puke: