Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss Recruiting

Started by Bogarto, October 21, 2006, 09:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogarto

I have heard a lot of talk about Ole Miss currently having the #5 recruiting class in the nation. I find it hard to take seriously though because while they have signed 18 playesr including 7 four * players, I doubt they will all be Rebels with the year Ole Piss is having, the uncertainty of Orgeron being coach next year and Ole Miss's tendency to offer guys that never make it on campus. Thoughts?

mtownhog

i agree with you that most of these guys wont be rebels, but not because of the year their having.  A lot of these recruits are not going to be eligible.

mj4president

Paul Henry will be a hog I know it.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mj4president on October 21, 2006, 10:23:23 pm

So how is the wind blowing with Burns & Ziemba today? 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

bigred7987

mj...I hope not, From everything I have heard he is slow and not gonna make the grades anyways

Hawgballz

Quote from: bigred7987 on October 21, 2006, 10:51:23 pm
mj...I hope not, From everything I have heard he is slow and not gonna make the grades anyways

I heard that also.  I hope that info is incorrect as I would like for the young man to be able to attend the school of his choice.

hawgfan_18

bigguy551122

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on October 22, 2006, 11:25:34 am
who is MJ?

im guessing they are talking about matt jones the linebacker from northside.
perfection is all i expect.

BattleHawg

Quote from: bigguy551122 on October 22, 2006, 11:39:07 am
Quote from: hawgfan_18 on October 22, 2006, 11:25:34 am
who is MJ?

im guessing they are talking about matt jones the linebacker from northside.

bigred7987 was answering the poster mj4president I believe.

BH

The_Bionic_Pig

October 22, 2006, 01:09:15 pm #10 Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 01:13:47 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Kodi Burns  & DJ Williams seemed to enjoy the game yesterday....and by the way Brandon Barnett (10 carries for 188 yards) so we should be fine at the RB position for awhile.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hogfan47

Quote from: mj4president on October 21, 2006, 10:23:23 pm

Last i heard paul was headed to ole miss
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

mj4president

Yes he did verbally committ there but he will be a hog. I dont know about the grades thing and he is fast enough football wise, however I dont know if you were saying he is slow in speed or slow in the brain. As for Ziemba and Burns both are still Auburn Tigers at the current time.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

The_Bionic_Pig

October 22, 2006, 05:30:09 pm #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:12:22 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: mj4president on October 22, 2006, 02:42:24 pm
Yes he did verbally committ there but he will be a hog. I dont know about the grades thing and he is fast enough football wise, however I dont know if you were saying he is slow in speed or slow in the brain. As for Ziemba and Burns both are still Auburn Tigers at the current time.

Henry is probably busy eating those "choice words" he said toward the coaching staff after committing to Ole Miss.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

bigguy551122

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 22, 2006, 05:30:09 pm

Henry is probably busy eating those "choice words" he said to HDN after committing to Ole Miss.

what were the choice words he said to hdn????
perfection is all i expect.

yraciv

actually I think Burns and Henry are Grizzlies and Ziemba is a Mountie at this current time

The_Bionic_Pig

October 22, 2006, 08:10:18 pm #16 Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:12:51 pm by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: bigguy551122 on October 22, 2006, 05:40:51 pm
Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 22, 2006, 05:30:09 pm

Henry is probably busy eating those "choice words" he said to HDN after committing to Ole Miss.

what were the choice words he said to hdn????

Actually it was kinda of a shot directed at the OL Coach's at Arkansas but through the Ole Miss media -

Henry said "Coach Kehoe is a great offensive line coach and I know I'll be coached by one of the best in the country." because Arkansas wasn't in hot persuit of him due to his GRADES!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Kilgor

QuoteCoach Kehoe is a great offensive line coach and I know I'll be coached by one of the best in the country.

I'm not seeing the slam.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Melhog

Well if everybody will remember, Ole Miss had a Top 15 recruting class last year. It might have been skewed due to the number of Juco's they signed and we all know how they turn out sometimes. However, somebody seems to be doing some recruiting there.  I think a good majority of their starters this year are true freshman. 

Hawgballz

Quote from: Melhog on October 23, 2006, 03:31:19 pm
Well if everybody will remember, Ole Miss had a Top 15 recruting class last year. It might have been skewed due to the number of Juco's they signed and we all know how they turn out sometimes. However, somebody seems to be doing some recruiting there.  I think a good majority of their starters this year are true freshman. 

That top 15 redruiting class didn't do them much good so far.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 23, 2006, 03:39:28 pm

Ole miss got a lot of committs from kids that were either partial qualifiers or simply no where near qualifying.  It looks good in the ranking even though they will never put on the uniform.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Jim Harris

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on October 23, 2006, 05:23:27 pm

Ole miss got a lot of committs from kids that were either partial qualifiers or simply no where near qualifying.  It looks good in the ranking even though they will never put on the uniform.

Sorry, Stewie, but that's not true. Only three player ssigned last year failed to qualify, Jerrel Powe, another one who didn't get out of East Mississippi JUCO and one prep player who was sent to JUCO. Powe was the biggest loss of the non-qualifiers. They are starting 15 players who were not on the roster last year, including LB Rory Johnson (48) and center Cory Actis. They were not going to win overnight doing that, but they will win soon enough. The next coach after Orgeron will do very well.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hawgballz

Quote from: drakehog on October 23, 2006, 05:28:57 pm

Sorry, Stewie, but that's not true. Only three player ssigned last year failed to qualify, Jerrel Powe, another one who didn't get out of East Mississippi JUCO and one prep player who was sent to JUCO. Powe was the biggest loss of the non-qualifiers. They are starting 15 players who were not on the roster last year, including LB Rory Johnson (48) and center Cory Actis. They were not going to win overnight doing that, but they will win soon enough. The next coach after Orgeron will do very well.

I do not have much confidence in that statement.

The_Bionic_Pig

Never apologize for having the facts great info Drake  ;) compared to my guesswork above.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JackJohnson

Everyone kept saying that, mainly on happy valley, as sort of a way to justify why they were recruiting so well why we were middle of the pack (again) in the conference.  If anything, Orgeron's success on the recruiting trail, plus the recruiting guy's interviews, should be opening up the powers that be as to how pathetic and outright lazy our staff is in recruiting, which should at least help us get rid of some of this dead weight we have on the staff after this year, namely shibest and d nutt.

Jim Harris

The funniest thing I've seen lately is a certain gooroo posting on his board that the worst thing Ole Miss could have done was fire David Cutcliffe. It was Cutcliffe's inability to recruit much of anything in five seasons outside of Eli that put Ole Miss in this mess. It was only his Tennessee high school connections that led him to Patrick Willis, who nobody else recruited and will be All-SEC again at LB and playing on Sundays. Orgeron is too much of an oaf to win, but he will recruit a team and, like Danny Ford did for Nutt, will leave the next coach some talent to win with. We don't need Ole Miss back to where it was in 1992 or 1999-2000, where they were kicking our ass, but that is foreseeable.

Also, same said gooroo followed up with another post saying he couldn't believe Ole Miss fired Cutcliffe to hire Orgeron. He's showing again how ill-informed he truly is. Ole Miss ended up with Orgeron, but he was far, far from their first choice, much less their fifth. The Ole Miss powers dreamed big and were basically laughed at by their wish list. Maybe had they offered some serious cash, Petrino might have listened, though still doubtful. Instead, Ole Miss' powers were ultimately shocked that they couldn't attract a big name. This is something Arkansas's fans who continue to hope that Nutt moves on, should consider. Unless Broyles/Lindsey are willing to seriously open the pocket book, a "big name" is not going to jump at this job. This job requires a lot more work when it comes to recruiting. It has always fit the good, young hard-working up-and-comer with a good coaching pedigree.
Anyway, back on the point, Ole Miss did not want to simply fire Cutcliffe two years ago, they wanted him to dump some assistants and hire some recruiters, and Cutcliffe wouldn't part with them. So, they've ended up with one of the country's best recruiters as a head coach.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Carolinas Hog

Quote from: drakehog on October 24, 2006, 07:52:19 am
The funniest thing I've seen lately is a certain gooroo posting on his board that the worst thing Ole Miss could have done was fire David Cutcliffe. It was Cutcliffe's inability to recruit much of anything in five seasons outside of Eli that put Ole Miss in this mess. It was only his Tennessee high school connections that led him to Patrick Willis, who nobody else recruited and will be All-SEC again at LB and playing on Sundays. Orgeron is too much of an oaf to win, but he will recruit a team and, like Danny Ford did for Nutt, will leave the next coach some talent to win with. We don't need Ole Miss back to where it was in 1992 or 1999-2000, where they were kicking our ass, but that is foreseeable.

Also, same said gooroo followed up with another post saying he couldn't believe Ole Miss fired Cutcliffe to hire Orgeron. He's showing again how ill-informed he truly is. Ole Miss ended up with Orgeron, but he was far, far from their first choice, much less their fifth. The Ole Miss powers dreamed big and were basically laughed at by their wish list. Maybe had they offered some serious cash, Petrino might have listened, though still doubtful. Instead, Ole Miss' powers were ultimately shocked that they couldn't attract a big name. This is something Arkansas's fans who continue to hope that Nutt moves on, should consider. Unless Broyles/Lindsey are willing to seriously open the pocket book, a "big name" is not going to jump at this job. This job requires a lot more work when it comes to recruiting. It has always fit the good, young hard-working up-and-comer with a good coaching pedigree.
Anyway, back on the point, Ole Miss did not want to simply fire Cutcliffe two years ago, they wanted him to dump some assistants and hire some recruiters, and Cutcliffe wouldn't part with them. So, they've ended up with one of the country's best recruiters as a head coach.

According to a post by KY Hogman in the Monday QB forum, Spurrier pulls in 1.25mil.  I don't know if Cutcliffe was recruiting well or not, but Ole Miss had around 30 years or more of average at best seasons.  Cut took them to several bowls consecutively.  He did it while enduring Tubby's probation penalty.  Ole Miss had their first 10 win season in what 30 - 40 years with Cut.

As I understand it, the Ole Miss beef with Cut was his dull personality.  So now they have a foaming at the mouth idiot who can supposedly recruit.  Yet, they are the worst Ole Miss team I've seen since before Tubby.  Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of d!cks, as far as I'm concerned.
If the Hogville is a representative sample of Hog fans, then I am several deviations from the mean.

I hate that Hogville is the only Razorback message board not blocked by my employer.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Carolinas Hog on October 24, 2006, 09:53:36 am
Quote from: drakehog on October 24, 2006, 07:52:19 am

According to a post by KY Hogman in the Monday QB forum, Spurrier pulls in 1.25mil.  I don't know if Cutcliffe was recruiting well or not, but Ole Miss had around 30 years or more of average at best seasons.  Cut took them to several bowls consecutively.  He did it while enduring Tubby's probation penalty.  Ole Miss had their first 10 win season in what 30 - 40 years with Cut.

As I understand it, the Ole Miss beef with Cut was his dull personality.  So now they have a foaming at the mouth idiot who can supposedly recruit.  Yet, they are the worst Ole Miss team I've seen since before Tubby.  Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of d!cks, as far as I'm concerned.

Tuberville didn't have a probation penalty. Billy Brewer got Ole Miss on probation and it was Tuberville who had to coach under the "cloud." And THAT was a real cloud, folks, and he still won and recruited well, giving Cutcliffe a lot to work with by current Ole Miss standards.
The Ole Miss boosters' beef with Cutcliffe was that they knew he wasn't bringing in the players.