Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Miami vs FIU fight

Started by The Hog, October 15, 2006, 09:28:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

strawhog

They got in a bench clearing fight big deal get over it.  It happens in sports all of the time.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

I don't you'll get any argument with that thought HandD.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

strawhog

Quote from: PIGHEDED on October 16, 2006, 05:32:13 pm
I don't you'll get any argument with that thought HandD.
come again

Richard_white

strawhog

Tell me where I cant stand the anticipation

Hog Ma n Pop

Wasn't there some sort of controversy earlier in the year about Miami players and the need for them to have guns.  It always takes an innocent life to justify the magnitude of some of these players behavior.
"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

strawhog

Quote from: Hog Ma n Pop on October 16, 2006, 05:37:37 pm
Wasn't there some sort of controversy earlier in the year about Miami players and the need for them to have guns.  It always takes an innocent life to justify the magnitude of some of these players behavior.
Shouldn't you be working on Sundays sermon instead of posting on Hogville

Hog Ma n Pop

Shouldn't you be promoting this kind of behavior and worshiping the devil.
"If I had a Prozac right now the size of Alabama I would chew that fu*ker till dawn." - Phyllis from Mulga

strawhog

worshipping the devil and playing football does go hand in hand.

Hog Ma n Pop

So does swinging helmets and crutches

strawhog

it was just a fight get over it no one was injurred.  besides let me guess your son was watching and you didnt want him to see such violence.

Hog Ma n Pop

He's not old enough to understand.  Why do people on here believe Dmac was at the wrong place at the wrong time, and yet accept thugs running around on the field like idiots?  It's called sportsmanship.

MF

This thread has become pure ridiculousness.  Anyone who has ever played football knows that actions like that are inappropriate.  Sure there will be scuffles occasionally, but for anyone to condone the actions of some of those players only shows 1) They have no respect for the game of football or 2) They are posting only to get attention from other posters or 3) They want to see how high they can get their "smite" count.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Sao Ming

Not to take away from the really nice arguments going on but I did want to point out that last week, The U had a grand total of 29,000 in the OB to watch them play, and those 29,000 paying customers got the pleasure of seeing not 1, not 2 but 3 planes overhead citing simply Fire Coker.  That group of kids and fans is well past melting and have just boiled over onto the stove top making one hell of a mess to clean up.

hydrophonic

Quote from: MF on October 16, 2006, 06:05:21 pm1) They have no respect for the game of football or 2) They are posting only to get attention from other posters or 3) They want to see how high they can get their "smite" count.

This might be a good time for you and others to notice the "IGNORE" button.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Hog Ma n Pop

Hog Belly

Yes, and the thug anouncer got his a$$ fired today.

What a thug. CLASS-Y!

strawhog

Not condoning it but saying a one game suspension is appropriate, and who give a darn whether or not a bunch of grandpas agree with him or not.  Oh no please dont smite me.  

Sao Ming

What was the announcers name again?  I heard his clip today and he sounded like a former player.  Saying he wanted to go down and join in.  Don't come in the OB and think you can act a fool.  Idiot.

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

Hog Ma n Pop

Yeah, or dont be there after dark.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Sao Ming on October 16, 2006, 06:11:34 pm
What was the announcers name again?

Quote from: hydrophonic on October 16, 2006, 12:37:21 pm
Quote from: hogfan064 on October 16, 2006, 09:23:49 amLamar Thomas was the Color commentator and he was awful.

I sent an email to one of the sports talk radio guys here in Tulsa with the youtube link.  Here is what he sent back:
Quote from: PoplinThe announcer that says that is Lamar Thomas who played in the early 90's.  Here is
his rap sheet.

* Arrested and jailed for aggravated battery for attacking his pregnant fiancee with
a deadly weapon.

* Arrested for violating probation.

* Detained for brandishing a handgun and threatening suicide, prompting authorities
to check him in to a mental institution.

* Did jail time for again violating probation related to the battery charges, when
he was arrested for choking
his fiancee. His six-month old son was present at the scene.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

Hog Ma n Pop

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: Tideboy on October 16, 2006, 04:25:20 pm
The commentator was Lamar Thomas.  In addition to his rap sheet posted earlier, he was on the receiving in of one of the greatest come-uppance in a national title game in 1992 after trash talking for a week prior to the Sugar Bowl.  George Teague shut him up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL5THVgV8hk

This clip deserves a bump.

I was watching this when it happened...greatness! Good job Bama. Plus, I always liked George Teague when he played for the Cowboys.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

HOGSWEAT

Miami has got to be the rudest and classless team in the nation.... 1st off....Watching them stomp around on the sidelines after they had just got in a brawl in a game was just sickening... What did they gain from that fight? 2nd.... Clemson and South Carolina deemed themselves ineligible for bowl games because of their brawl, which was not near as bad as this one, so why should Miami accept a bowl bid? I hope that Duke beats the tar out of Miami this Saturday...

If Coker gets fired, and they for some reason call Nutt... I hope Nutt turns them down...

Get some class Miami...

limp wristed

when miami came to lr and drummed us like stepchildren they acted like thugs.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: strawhog on October 16, 2006, 05:04:40 pm
The rest of America agrees with none of you.  If they did there would be more than just one game suspensions. 

Guess what the rest of Hogville doesn't agree with you! 
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

HOGSWEAT

yeah but these KIDS arent getting paid to play football... its a college team, they are representing the University of Miami.... not the Florida State Prison

brichte

I think Coker should have taken his team to the locker room right then and there. Both teams should have forfieted that game. It was sickening. If I were Coker I would send a message and suspend the players involved in that for the entire year not just some sissy game penatly handed down by the ACC. What a joke.  ???

HOGSWEAT

and Coker was quoted as saying "I have control of this team, dont doubt it, dont doubt that at all"

HOGBLOODED

Quote from: AR Taco04 on October 16, 2006, 09:47:58 pm
and Coker was quoted as saying "I have control of this team, dont doubt it, dont doubt that at all"

Coker has no control at all. Miami has been in 3 "incidents" in the past year. First, agaist LSU in the Orange Bowl last year then they stomped on Lousiville's logo. Even after all that they still came out and had a fight with FIU, and i don't know if yall saw this or not but their safety, #19 Brandon Meriweather  literally started cleeting the other teams players. In my opinion, he should be flippin burgers at McDonald's right now thats not only unsportsmanship its a FEDERAL OFFENSE!

strawhog

Quote from: Snort and Squeal on October 16, 2006, 09:33:23 pm
The rest of America agrees with none of you.  If they did there would be more than just one game suspensions. 
maybe you and a few other conservatives dont but I'm sure there is some that do

Count_Porkula

Coker is trying to make the best of the "college to penitentiary" program that Davis built.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: strawhog on October 16, 2006, 10:15:34 pm
Quote from: Snort and Squeal on October 16, 2006, 09:33:23 pm

4 fn pages of post and where are they?
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

strawhog

Maybe they don't enjoy being harassed by a bunch of radicals.

pignatious

Quote from: strawhog on October 16, 2006, 10:24:18 pm

Have you thought about moving to Miami and following their upstanding football program? Think about it.
Freedom is never free.

Count_Porkula

Quote from: Snort and Squeal on October 15, 2006, 05:31:12 pm
Tell you how to fix this......

Warn each player that if a fight breaks out, anyone not sitting on the bench will be tazered!  And then actually do it if a fight breaks out.

How about every player gets a "shock jock" as mandatory equipment before dressing out? If they start to riot on the field, the ref throws the switch and puts everyone down for the count.

strawhog

Quote from: pignatious on October 16, 2006, 10:27:28 pm
Quote from: strawhog on October 16, 2006, 10:24:18 pm

Have you thought about moving to Miami and following their upstanding football program? Think about it.
Why because a handful of extreme radicals dont agree with me.

311Hog

i dub the Strawmanhog, or Attentionwhorhog.  Changing your story now  that the "world" as you call it begins to soak in what happened and stiffer penalties are being handed down?

I believe Florida International booted what 2 players and 14 others suspended indefinately yesterday, commentator lost his job. Even Micheal Irvin Mr. U himself said it was a disgusting display.

And who else thought it was sadly poetic that the UofMiami Board of Trustee's passed a "no tolerence" policy AFTER the fight.  Basically saying " umm we have now created a clause that if this happens again we can fire Coker, which is exactly what we have been searching for all season a reason to can him and blame him for our dirty program, so continue to come to this school you felons wearing helmets, we have a place for you just please dont kill anyone that would be hard to sweep under the rug."

kitshicker

You know it's gotta be nasty when Michael Irvin even said it was......lol