Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can someone confirm? (Lee Ziemba)

Started by RazorDrummer, October 13, 2006, 01:31:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorDrummer

October 13, 2006, 01:31:40 pm Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 01:41:35 pm by RazorDrummer
Last night, I was freezing my bottom off on a metal bleacher at Gates Stadium in Rogers watching my son play football with the 8th Grade Elmwood team.  He then changes out of his football uniform and puts on a sousaphone and performs with the band for the 9th grade game.  During the third quarter of the 9th grade game, a rather large young man walked in front of me, about 6-6 or so and just large probably close to 300.  He was wearing an Auburn hoodie.  I have not met Lee Ziemba, but I couldn't imagine anyone else in Rogers that young being that big and hanging around Gates Stadium.  I really think Arkansas needs this kid, so can someone tell his folks to buy him an Arkansas hoodie?  I mean...if you have to wear that awful logo, please do it in Alabama somewhere.  Not here.  Be a homer...
www.oreoblue.com (My Band)
www.theuncrownedkings.com (My other band)
www.honeyjackband.com (the new band 2016)
www.nwamsbl.com (Play Baseball in NWArkansas)
www.nwasox.com (My Team)

HighonSwine

His parents graduated from Auburn.  He is not coming here.

NATEHOGG216

Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

HogFaninGA

I read another post that said they saw him wearing AU stuff.  He keeps saying that he will make his decision at the end of the season.  This is probably in his best interest especially if he chooses AU.  He might get some unfair treatment at his games if he did that.  Anyways, I hope he chooses to play for the Hogs.  We need him and from what I hear he can make an immediate impact.  Either way, I hope this young man does good. 

P.S.  Please be a Hog, Lee  :)

CallThemHawgs!

well I see my post got deleted...... anyway yeah there have been reports of this before, I dunno where hes going but he loves the attention.

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: HogFaninGA on October 13, 2006, 01:42:12 pm
I read another post that said they saw him wearing AU stuff.  He keeps saying that he will make his decision at the end of the season.  This is probably in his best interest especially if he chooses AU.  He might get some unfair treatment at his games if he did that.  Anyways, I hope he chooses to play for the Hogs.  We need him and from what I hear he can make an immediate impact.  Either way, I hope this young man does good. 

if he chooses AU, I will not wish him well.  I'm sick of losing guys out of state, especially to SEC teams.  Bret Smith comes to mind, If they decide to leave the state, they don't exist to me anymore.
It's a pill, that gives worms to ex-girlfriends!  You just don't get it!

RHS

Quote from: HighonSwine on October 13, 2006, 01:35:33 pm

Only his dad graduated from AU.

Swino

Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on October 13, 2006, 01:43:10 pm
well I see my post got deleted...... anyway yeah there have been reports of this before, I dunno where hes going but he loves the attention.

Be careful of HOW you post your thoughts.

hog caller

you may have to buy ir for him because his mom and dad are Arburn grads.

Rustonhawg

Remember Damian Williams wearing Florida stuff last year. Heck, Damian even did the Gator Chomp after he scored a touchdown.

Chill out. This team is rolling and he'll get on board in time.

djgaffer

His Mom and Dad would love to have him at Arkansas.  They won't be the reason he goes to the plains.

mikeirwin

Quote from: T-Bag Hawg on October 13, 2006, 01:44:43 pm

if he chooses AU, I will not wish him well.  I'm sick of losing guys out of state, especially to SEC teams.  Bret Smith comes to mind, If they decide to leave the state, they don't exist to me anymore.
I would remind all of you that Hogville has very strict rules against the bashing of high school players. We will not tolerate cutting comments on Arkansas recruits who may not end up choosing the Hogs.
You can express your loyalty to the Razorbacks and disappointment if the young man in question appears to be leaning toward another school. But any comments like, He sucks, or He's no good anyway, will be deleted. If you violate this policy after a second offense you will lose your ability to post here.

PigPusher

And you can be sure the recruiting on this young man is not over.  A continued good year from us will certainly help I would think.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

T-Bag Hawg

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 13, 2006, 01:52:34 pm

if he chooses AU, I will not wish him well.  I'm sick of losing guys out of state, especially to SEC teams.  Bret Smith comes to mind, If they decide to leave the state, they don't exist to me anymore.
I would remind all of you that Hogville has very strict rules against the bashing of high school players. We will not tolerate cutting comments on Arkansas recruits who may not end up choosing the Hogs.
You can express your loyalty to the Razorbacks and disappointment if the young man in question appears to be leaning toward another school. But any comments like, He sucks, or He's no good anyway, will be deleted. If you violate this policy after a second offense you will lose your ability to post here.

I am in no way bashing Ziemba.  He's the best AR OL to come around since Shawn Andrews.  I just don't think I have to wish him well if he goes to Auburn.

T-Bag Hawg

Don't get me wrong...I want the kid.  He could play next year.  It just sucks that most kids who play football in our state, would give anything to run out of the A.  I myself had that dream when I was a kid.  Losing our kids to other programs just really upsets me. 

Cold_Roses_80

if he chooses AU, I will not wish him well.  I'm sick of losing guys out of state, especially to SEC teams.  Bret Smith comes to mind, If they decide to leave the state, they don't exist to me anymore.

Thats mature, how about blaming our recruiters instead of the recruits

marshog

maybe he is just flirting with Auburn in an attempt to get HDN to hire his HS coach.

HighonSwine

Quote from: marshog on October 13, 2006, 03:28:09 pm
maybe he is just flirting with Auburn in an attempt to get HDN to hire his HS coach.

Classic +1 for that

kitshicker

I'm proud of anyone in our great state that is offered an athletic scholarship to play D1 ball, no matter where they decide to attend....I'm excited when they choose the Hogs.

HighonSwine

I love getting smited because I think a kid may want to follow in his parents foot steps and go to the same school they did.  That is Awesome. 

Oh yea, Kodi is going to.  Smite that.

Obviously I hope they are hogs, but I just dont think it will happen for whatever reason.  I do think we need to atleast offer one other QB at this time.  No offense to Kodi, but he knows how bad we want him.  If he does not want to jump at it, then atleast offer someone else.  We need to sign 2 this year because I do not think Casey will be around next year. 

kitshicker

Quote from: HighonSwine on October 13, 2006, 03:59:25 pm
I love getting smited because I think a kid may want to follow in his parents foot steps and go to the same school they did.  That is Awesome. 

I +1 you, to even it out. :)

HogNuttz

Quote from: HighonSwine on October 13, 2006, 03:59:25 pm

Oh yea, Kodi is going to.  Smite that.

Obviously I hope they are hogs, but I just dont think it will happen for whatever reason.  I do think we need to atleast offer one other QB at this time.  No offense to Kodi, but he knows how bad we want him.  If he does not want to jump at it, then atleast offer someone else.  We need to sign 2 this year because I do not think Casey will be around next year. 

Getting smite'd doesn't mean jack.  Speaking the truth and another thing that will get me banned if I post it are 2 good ways to get smite'd.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HighonSwine

Quote from: opineonswine on October 13, 2006, 04:04:14 pm

Oh contrare.  His grandparents just moved here.  Nothing drawing him there.  I hear our chances are excellent.  Chill.

Chill, heck, I am not worried if they come or not.  Great if they do, great if they do not.  Either way we will watch them suceed at Arkansas and be happy for them, or we will watch the hogs pound them with loses if they go.  Either way I am happy.  We will win with them and we will win without them.

Swino

Quote from: opineonswine on October 13, 2006, 04:04:14 pm

Oh contrare.  His grandparents just moved here.  Nothing drawing him there.  I hear our chances are excellent.  Chill.

I would call our chances anything but excellent.  I have talked to people close to Lee and they agree that he is a very strong lean to Auburn, if not more. 

Look, the least I can do is level with you.
You:  What are our chances?
Me:  Not good.
You:  You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Me:  I'd say more like one out of a million.
[pause]
You: So you're telling me there's a chance!

Yep, there is a chance.  Lets hope Gus can convert him and that Dale stays away.

pigture perfect

being a former lineman myself, I love the thought that we are in the running for a great kid like this. I've never seen him play, but friends of mine who have say he is for real. In fact for me, I think he should be and probably is our #1 priority right now. Come on Lee, we need ya!
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Nutts and Bolts

A new era has begun in Fayetteville

JDHogg

These conversations really don't do anything for anybody.  Let the young man have his fun senior season, enjoy his "time in the sun" (recruiting, visits, etc.)  It's his decision, not ours.  We have a hard time remembering how we made decisions before we have been seasoned with wisdom.  This is a decision HE has to live with for LIFE, we selfishly want to have him for 3-4 years.  Let's save any BAD or NEGATIVE thoughts toward this kid for the day (if it happens) that he actually suits up against the HOGS.  At any other time, his ability and presence can only forward the progress of Arkansas football and player development in our state. 

I once was "talked to" by an ex-employer.  He finally figured out what I meant when I said something on the day I left his company.  I simply said, " Jack, you have never given me reasons to stay and keep working here, it's always about reasons why I couldn't leave". 

I'm not saying to kiss this guy's backside, but let's save this for an appropriate time close to signing day.  Let's give him a reason to stay here and play for the Hogs, not "reasons not to leave".

There is still a lot of time and football to be played by Arkansas and Auburn, let things play out.
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

HighonSwine

If his grandparents did just move here, I would think that helps.  Opineonswine is usually a trustworthy source.

Good info OOS

SwinedMelon

He'll be a Hog... sit back and relax.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Biggus Piggus

I can tell you that this time last year there was an extremely high chance of Damian Williams and Ben Cleveland going to Florida, and look what happened.  At one time Cedric Houston was a sure thing to be a Razorback.  We don't know much till close to signing day.
[CENSORED]!

Swino

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 13, 2006, 04:29:56 pm
I can tell you that this time last year there was an extremely high chance of Damian Williams and Ben Cleveland going to Florida, and look what happened.  At one time Cedric Houston was a sure thing to be a Razorback.  We don't know much till close to signing day.

Bingo.  This situation is very fluid. 

HighonSwine

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 13, 2006, 04:29:56 pm

Well put, Rounds 1-5, Auburn, Round 6 Razorbacks beat em down.  Now lets wait and see how 7-12 go.  GHG, SECCG or Bust

Pork Twain

October 13, 2006, 04:57:25 pm #32 Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 04:59:16 pm by BeoPig
Quote from: Cold_Roses_80 on October 13, 2006, 02:24:06 pm

Thats mature, how about blaming our recruiters instead of the recruits
I am pretty sure Kodi and Lee are getting the complete package from our recruiters.   I wish HIM the best wherever he goes.  I just hope he realizes Aub has not been an elite team in a long time.  Being highly ranked for a couple of years does not make you elite.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Cajun Hog

He has always been a Auburn fan and just keep the powder dry and you might be very surprised. He's looking to see if the negative from the fans die down and making sure Houston is still the coach.

The_Bionic_Pig

If Arkansas has a similiar or better record than Auburn I think we get them both.  All we have to do is split with Tennessee & LSU and hold serve with South Carolina and i think were in good shape.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HighonSwine

Quote from: Hog1961 on October 13, 2006, 05:02:13 pm

He has always been a Auburn fan and just keep the powder dry and you might be very surprised. He's looking to see if the negative from the fans die down and making sure Houston is still the coach.

Well I do not think he has that as an issue anymore.  HDN is here after this year.   

bigguy551122

Quote from: NATEHOGG216 on October 13, 2006, 01:37:25 pm

We will c

this man is correct , he wont get ziemba , if anybody on here has any inside info you already know what im talking about.
perfection is all i expect.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hog1961 on October 13, 2006, 05:02:13 pm

Pay attention, Hog1961 is on the right trail from what I hear.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

dudelove

I think the proof will be in the pudding.  Auburn is a program on the decline and I think they'll lose to Florida and possibly another one before their bowl game.

Arkansas is another story altogether.  We're a team on the rise and are in a great position to win 10 games in the regular season, get a shot to play for the SEC championship and thus a shot at the BCS....all with a freshman QB and two sophs at RB.  Not to mention an excellent recruiting WR freshman class...

Kodi, Lee....if you read these boards....Hogs=program of the future.  Auburn=flash in the pan.  Stay home and be state idols like the other home-grown Razorbacks.

BattleHawg

Although I am definitely hoping we get Lee & Kodi, I am also one of the people that thinks we will not get them.

BH

Pig Power

October 15, 2006, 09:11:33 am #40 Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 09:18:31 am by Pig Power
Quote from: Swino on October 13, 2006, 01:48:07 pm
Quote from: CallThemHawgs! on October 13, 2006, 01:43:10 pm

Be careful of HOW you post your thoughts.
Agree... I am within reach of this and this decision is binding. He will take his time analyzing this and will do what he feels is in his best interest.. Regardless, I will be a fan of his whether his uni is red or orange... There is some hope he will wear a Hog jersey, but we will all know soon.

gohawgsgo

T-Bag Hawg

He'll go where all our players are going to transfer!

mbgrulz

it is always fun to have these schools come in and recruit you, but when it comes down to it, most kids dont want to get too far from home and friends. i think lee will be a hog.

Hums

Contrary to other post only his grandmother moved her. He did have some relatives in to watch him play, but they are back home in Bama.