Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tubberville on ESPN said

Started by Flatline, October 12, 2006, 09:08:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigersroar

Quote from: LedZepHog on October 12, 2006, 11:22:52 pm
I imagine after getting dry-socked at home against a team that he was supposed to beat by two TD's, he's more than ready to look ahead.  He's been crucified on Auburn boards this week...not really for losing to the Hogs, but for blowing games he should have won at crucial times.  Pretty ironic, huh?

Link please?
Please show us where Coach Tuberville has been crucified.
Thanks in advance.

hardcorehogfan

if auburn loses this weekend, then we will get a least a share of the sec west title, i did not see anything wrong with his comments, he is showing confidence in his team, i like that.  and over the past years they have been able to back it up.  Go Gators, this is a big game for the Hogs.

Beaverfever

Anyone else more pumped about the au/florida game then the arkansas game?

HogNuttz

Quote from: Wolfhound05 on October 12, 2006, 09:22:45 pm
I'm definitely going for Florida.  If Florida goes undefeated and we don't lose again and we beat them in the SEC Championship that could vault us to the National Title game.
Are you delusional?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

arkjay19

He's got to keep his players' morale up and people will only believe Arkansas can get to the SEC cg after they arrive in Atlanta.

devildog

Typical Smuggerville

And you Hog fans that pine for Tommy :puke:

Doesn't HDN have a winning record against TT, try on this logic 1>HDN is the worst coach in the wide world 2> HDN holds winning record against TT head to head 3> Gawd I wish Tubberville were our coach

Hawgz4Life

I just wish we could get to the point where we dont look behind us, but look ahead.

I thought that's what was going on with all this speculation....I haven't heard anyone yet to talk about formulating game plans for Utah St., Southern Cal or Alabama....everyone I know has been talking about who's going to probably beat whom in the coming weeks and how this horse race will end.

hawgtime

what does the "." mean.  I don't recognize that one?

OnYourToes

When I watched him all I could hear is his post game interview that said, "We got out played, period".  And the somethnig about having to get it in gear for Florida on Saturday.
Either way WE BEAT AUBURN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now on the SEMO!!!
Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

Jim Harris

I don't know if it's a "lack of respect" for Arkansas. I don't think he expects to lose again withe the rest of the schedule after Florida, but he knows it's going to be tough for Arkansas or anyone to go 7-1. And it is going to be tough for Arkansas to go 7-1 much less the 8-0 so many are dreaming about now. We can easily still go 4-4, 5-3 if we lose focus, and 6-2 even if we play our best.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogsNbeer

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 10:58:11 pm
Quote from: Corganist on October 12, 2006, 10:45:30 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 12, 2006, 10:12:35 pm
he is right, they will play Florida in the championship likely...even if UT wins the rest of their games, Florida holds the tiebreaker....Tubby is spot on with that comment, where is the discrepancy?
The part where he thinks Auburn will be the SEC representative. He's probably right about the SEC east, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge that Auburn is going to need more than a little help to even have a chance at catching Arkansas in the west even if the Tigers do beat Florida. That's the discrepency.

if the tigers beat florida, they will likely play in the SECCG. Lets be realistic...we can only lose 1 GAME against UT, USC-E, and LSU...we will lose 2, that puts aubbie in the SECCG. I have no problem with what tubby said...he is spot on....he knows as well as i do we will lose 2 more games. And the thing about auburn is, they wont sit around for days and pound their chest and say "look at us, look what we did"  if they do beat Florida. They will look ahead to the next game and talk about who is next. Auburn has won before, so beating a good team is nothign new to them. It is for Arkansas, so i guess i cant blame our fans for chest thumpin. I just wish we could get to the point where we dont look behind us, but look ahead.

I agree with this post right here.......

jpghog

I think its all academic.  Unless Auburn does a complete turnaround the game with Florida won't be close.  Look at the Arkansas game.  Arkansas ran straight down their throats.  Look at the USC game.  The cocks threw against them at will.  The past two weeks, they have not stopped the run or the pass.  Auburn is in trouble this week for sure, maybe even in the Iron Bowl or another game down the stretch.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteWe need Florida to beat them this weekend.  That would make it really great for us.  We could lose two and be ok well you know if LSU lost again.

Here's an idea....lets keep winning at it won't matter!

I don't care about any scenerio that lets us lose twice and still go on a tie breaker.  Besides, we lose 2 conference games, which will likely be against quality teams like Tenn or LSU, we won't stand a chance in Atlanta.

rzrbaxfan

QuoteTypical Smuggerville

And you Hog fans that pine for Tommy

Doesn't HDN have a winning record against TT, try on this logic 1>HDN is the worst coach in the wide world 2> HDN holds winning record against TT head to head 3> Gawd I wish Tubberville were our coach

I certainly don't pine for Tommy, but his head to head record vs Nutt means nothing to me.  TT has won the SEC, had an undefeated season, and has been on a 2 year tear thru the SEC that Nutt hasn't come close to.  Ok so this year it may unravel, but that doesn't undo what he did in 04/05.

SPAL

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on October 13, 2006, 09:15:23 am
I just wish we could get to the point where we dont look behind us, but look ahead.

I thought that's what was going on with all this speculation....I haven't heard anyone yet to talk about formulating game plans for Utah St., Southern Cal or Alabama....everyone I know has been talking about who's going to probably beat whom in the coming weeks and how this horse race will end.

course not, its easy to forget those games....did those games even happen?....logic and reason go out the window after you beat auburn, beacause the team that played Utah state close and almost lost to vandy and bama and got slaughtered by USC, thats the razorback team we need to focus on.....and in case u havent kept up, people here are talkin like we are invincible, we wont lose another game. Even mention of a national title...why?...because we beat auburn....which is indeed lookin back.

hogsrmyfav36

Tuberville's an arrogant pr*ck.  Always has been.  Even after his team's been given a beating he doesn't realize that Arkansas is truly in the drivers seat for the SEC West.  It's our division to lose now, not Auburn's to win.
F&*!NG INTRANET

hogsNbeer

Quote from: jpghog on October 13, 2006, 10:38:17 am
I think its all academic.  Unless Auburn does a complete turnaround the game with Florida won't be close.  Look at the Arkansas game.  Arkansas ran straight down their throats.  Look at the USC game.  The cocks threw against them at will.  The past two weeks, they have not stopped the run or the pass.  Auburn is in trouble this week for sure, maybe even in the Iron Bowl or another game down the stretch.

Turnaround you say.....Well what do you call our scenario....from the Bama game, to the Auburn game....I'd say that was a hellacious turnaround...... It can be done...  and Auburn can beat Florida........ It's not impossible......  It will surely be a good game, IMO..........

sunshinehog

Tommy is arrogant and confident.  Two things you want in a head coach.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HogNuttz on October 13, 2006, 08:31:50 am
I'm definitely going for Florida.  If Florida goes undefeated and we don't lose again and we beat them in the SEC Championship that could vault us to the National Title game.
Are you delusional?

No kidding!  Notre Dame--with 5 losses--would play for the NC before Arkansas!  BCS sux!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

rzrbaxfan

QuoteWhy would anyone have been cheering for Auburn in the 1st place?  You always root against those in your division.

Some folks subscribe to the theory that you want your opponents to do well in all other games so it validates your win over them and makes it a "quality win". If Auburn tailspins the rest of the year, our win over them won't seem as great even though they were #2 when we beat them.

bill_bakerDW

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 13, 2006, 12:23:20 pm
Quote from: HogNuttz on October 13, 2006, 08:31:50 am
Are you delusional?

No kidding!  Notre Dame--with 5 losses--would play for the NC before Arkansas!  BCS sux!!
That and there are several other teams - mostly undefeated ones - ahead of us.  Arkansas won't see the NC game unless the top 10 completely bust.  That wont happen.

RAZORBART

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on October 12, 2006, 10:23:13 pm
Not only is he not giving us respect, but he is also looking past Alabama.  That would be a mistake.

good point about looking past bama plus he just gave them some bulletin board ammunition.As if they needed it ?

little hog

I imagine after getting dry-socked at home against a team that he was supposed to beat by two TD's, he's more than ready to look ahead.  He's been crucified on Auburn boards this week...not really for losing to the Hogs, but for blowing games he should have won at crucial times.  Pretty ironic, huh?

What are some of the Auburn discussion boards?

DCHawg

October 13, 2006, 01:20:40 pm #73 Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 01:24:00 pm by DCHawg
Gator Bait!

wwwhogfan

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on October 12, 2006, 10:14:18 pm
yesterday - cheering for auburn

now - kick their a$$es florida!

I second that.  I really and truly was for Auburn before this.

PHill94

Quote from: mykidsdad on October 12, 2006, 09:27:13 pm
I think that he is probably right, unfortunately. We have played 1 good game. We should be 1-2 in the league not 3-0. Unless we are a team of destiny, which could be, it will catch up to us sooner or later.

So then last year you were saying we should have been 8-3 right? With close losses to Georgia, LSU, Vandy, and Alabama.
Sorry, but do you expect a 45+ yard FG to be a chip shot? Ok so Alabama's kicker blew it but it was MM who threw 3 interceptions to them and we still managed to hang around and get the win. LSU's team was full of last second wins  last season but you don't see their fans saying anything about that. We have to build off these wins, not look at how we should have lost those games.

hogsanity

BEst part of the interview was during the first half of it they showed all the Ar highlights.  Monk, Dmac, Fj, all 5 sacks.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

LZH

Quote from: Tigersroar on October 13, 2006, 08:23:47 am

Link please?
Please show us where Coach Tuberville has been crucified.
Thanks in advance.
Quote from: little hog on October 13, 2006, 01:09:54 pm

What are some of the Auburn discussion boards?

Aunation is the one I've read the most...there's another one I've also seen but I don't remember the name.

He's getting similar heat over there as HDN is/was here.  I guess the more your program improves, the more people expect you to win every game.

Michaelt

Quote from: mykidsdad on October 12, 2006, 09:27:13 pm
I think that he is probably right, unfortunately. We have played 1 good game. We should be 1-2 in the league not 3-0. Unless we are a team of destiny, which could be, it will catch up to us sooner or later.

We were supposed to beat Vandy, we did.        1-0
The game with Alabama was a toss up, we won it too.   2-0
We were supposed to be drubbed by Auburn. We won    3-0

So maybe we're "supposed" to be 2-1....but I like being 3-0 better.

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.