Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stan Heaths comment last night?

Started by Brosshog, October 12, 2006, 04:18:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonofahog

I agree with what Stan said.  I would rather "re-load" than "rebuild".  Nothing wrong with that statement.  With that said,   I think Stan MUST take us to the sweet 16 for me to consider this season a success,  if not,  seeya later Stan and your Big 10 mentality.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

enwhog

Quote from: CallMeHog on October 12, 2006, 10:07:04 am
Please stop all the Hurricane-program devastated crap. A basketball team is not a large city that has to be rebuilt (even though New Orleans will be rebuilt in much shorter time than Stan has had with the bb team). Michigan proved a few years back that one good recruiting year can put you immediately in the National hunt again. After 3 years tops that old dog don't hunt.

Well lets fire Stan because he hasn't signed a Fab Five Part II.

SPAL

rebuilding is exactly what he has had to do here.

PAHOGFAN

You guys have answered the ?'s without even noticing it.  This years TEAM will be better because it will be a TEAM.  THere will be noone not giving effort cause they do not get the rock.  THe potential is there to be REAL good.  I look for this to be the start of more great HAWG BB memories.

GO HOGS...give SEMO a BEAT DOWN!!!

HBTHogs

Quote from: dman on October 12, 2006, 07:20:56 am
Mos of the pieces are in place; Sweet 16 here we come.

That's what the players are saying.  They seem to be looking forward to life after Ronnie and his dad.  I didn't ask for details, but it sounded like there were some distractions.

BPPig

I think, and I sure do hope, that a lot of board members will get a lesson in team chemistry this year. We will probably not be a great three point shooting team but their defense has the chance to be so good as to overcome that problem. We have been torched by a bunch of 3 point shooters in the past that will find it much more difficult this year to get their shot. I am sure excited about the prospect.

Also, I wish that everyone that wants Stan fired would state so once and then quit until after national signing day. Even the ones of you who believe he will fall on his face as a coach have to admit that you would like to see him do what he does best and recruit a great class for the cupboard. With the national date rapidly approaching this is the most important time for us to show a united front. After signing, well it is a public board and everyone deserves their opinion.

Nashville Fan

I try not to b!tch at progress. SH has made progress. Could others have done as good with his talent? maybe. However, his talent seems to be getting better and better each year. That is what I call progress. I don't like his style of play; but, it is smarter more traditional basketball.
Pittman or Bust!

MF

Quote from: TheHogDR on October 12, 2006, 04:18:22 am
Did anyone else see Stans interview on the local news lastnight? I could not believe it when he said that he never wants to rebuild another team. I laughed and thought, rebuild what does he mean rebuild. Does he consider what he's done here rebuilding? He got lucky last year and got us to the tournament and we lost to Bucknell for crying out loud. If this is rebuilding then we will never be considered a power house basketball team again.

Let's see...he took a team in complete shambles with a ton of bad press surrounding it that also lost a top recruit (Igoudala) and one of its top players (Sullivan) to a coaching change and has improved that team every year.  Yes, we lost to Bucknell, but that's why it's called March Madness.

I think that SH has done a good job with the program.  He is a great recruiter and surrounds himself with good assistants.  You never hear the comment, "well he's doing pretty good considering what he has to work with" concerning him or anything about the "cloud" even though Nolan left a bigger "cloud" around the B-Ball program than any self-imposed sanctions did to the F-ball program.

Stan, unlike HDN, still has my support.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

enwhog

Quote from: MF on October 12, 2006, 12:02:24 pm
Quote from: TheHogDR on October 12, 2006, 04:18:22 am
Did anyone else see Stans interview on the local news lastnight? I could not believe it when he said that he never wants to rebuild another team. I laughed and thought, rebuild what does he mean rebuild. Does he consider what he's done here rebuilding? He got lucky last year and got us to the tournament and we lost to Bucknell for crying out loud. If this is rebuilding then we will never be considered a power house basketball team again.

Let's see...he took a team in complete shambles with a ton of bad press surrounding it that also lost a top recruit (Igoudala) and one of its top players (Sullivan) to a coaching change and has improved that team every year.  Yes, we lost to Bucknell, but that's why it's called March Madness.

I think that SH has done a good job with the program.  He is a great recruiter and surrounds himself with good assistants.  You never hear the comment, "well he's doing pretty good considering what he has to work with" concerning him or anything about the "cloud" even though Nolan left a bigger "cloud" around the B-Ball program than any self-imposed sanctions did to the F-ball program.

Stan, unlike HDN, still has my support.

Stan had minor sanctions too from the Herrod thing and the 5-2 rule the first couple of classes too.  And his staff has gotten better with more experience and expertise every year.

razorbackfan4life

Is anyone going to the hoops mania thing tomorrow night?  I'll be there.....I'm really excited to see how the freshman perform!

Kevin n Hog Heaven

This is going to be a good team. Heath has done a fine job and I believe this team will be his most well rounded team yet. These freshman are going to be great book it.

PiggyBack

Quote from: enwhog on October 12, 2006, 09:19:18 am
Quote from: PiggyBack on October 12, 2006, 09:13:53 am
This thread is absolutely amazing!  Fire Stan Heath?  Are you kidding?  I am not accusing anyone in this thread of being a Dale supporter, but I have noticed the most pumpers are Heath haters and that amazes me.  Stan's winning percentage has increased every year he has been here despite the DEPLORABLE condition in which the oft-offended Nolan left our program.  Stan has not been blown out like, say, Dale has been in the past two years (see USC).  Aside from the obvious dissension in the team the year before last, last years team made the big dance and this year is setting up to be much better with point guard play (finally) and seasoned big men.

However, above all the issues and all the stats, the thing that impresses me most about Heath is that he take responsibility for the team.  He doesn't "wish" for good fortune so we might win ("pick up that fumble!" "a play here, a play there" blah, blah, blah).  He doesn't make excuses and try to sugar coat things ("boy, you sure can see how they (USC) put up 50 on Oklahoma.").  I just wish some would show half as much patience with Heath as they do with Dale.  Oh, and one more thing, let's not forget that Heath beat TWO ranked teams last year while Dale has beaten ONE in how many years??

To me, there is no comparison between Dale and Stan.  Heath is the better coach and the better man.

Yes, Nutt supporters are threatened by Heath.  And Heath isn't a good ole boy from LR and they don't personally know his family.  He can't claim to have loved the Hogs all his life.  Nutt is very similar to home grown players in this state in regards to homerism ie MJ, Hillis, Mitch...  An honest discussion cannot be had with some because they are so sensitive due to their personal feelings. Heath has no ties here.  And of cousre you still have the Nolan supporters.

All I'm saying is that if Dale had had the kind of success that Heath is having then there would be some ready to put him on Mount Rushmore.  A little perspective would be nice.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

PennHOG

Quote from: SultanofSwine on October 12, 2006, 08:51:28 am
Fresh, I pretty much agree but will expound a little...

He has rebuilt the talent level of the team pretty well but my questions are is the talent he has best suited for his style and what exactly is going to be his style? His teams have been consistent in not having a real identity on either offense or defense and I don't feel like he has shown the ability to maximize the available talents potential by getting them into a system where they could play to their strengths.

I am hopeful this team will finally show where he has been heading. We should have a strong interior with good wings and a mature point guard as the floor leader. Granted the knock on GE has been that he was turnover prone in a big way at Ms State but he was a very young player then. If those old habits don't resurface from trying to do too much then this may be the best assemblage of pieces Heath has had to work with. He has depth, experience and good skill at all 5 positions. If he can't win with this team, it will be squarely on his shoulders.

I agree with this.  I don't think he has been comfortable with the type of talent he has had and has not known how to put them in the best position to make a huge run.  But reading some of his comments makes me feel like he has a full complement of players that fits his style.  Health has not only been in a rebuilding mode but also a work in progress because I think he's been doing alot of on the job training.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

yocdaddy

I give Heath a lot of credit for turning things around.  He recruited really well for a program that was in the condition it was in when he got here.  I believe he has rebuilt the program.  We won 22 games and went to the tournament.  We also had approximately 5-6 other games that we were in position to win.  That is really all you can ask a coach to do.  The coach puts you in position, the players win the games.  

For the guy who said he will never win a NC here at Arkansas.....there have been many great coaches at every level that never win a championship.  Get over it!  Winning a championship doesn't make you a great coach.

I predict 25+ wins.
"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

mikeirwin

If you don't think the program is in better shape than it was when he arrived then you don't know basketball. You might not like the fact that it took 4 years to get to this point but regardless of the time involved the 07 Hogs would destroy the 02 Razorbacks.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: mikeirwin on October 12, 2006, 12:57:31 pm
If you don't think the program is in better shape than it was when he arrived then you don't know basketball. You might not like the fact that it took 4 years to get to this point but regardless of the time involved the 07 Hogs would destroy the 02 Razorbacks.
You are correct.  OTOH, this is the last year I'll give Stan to show he can compete in the SEC.  I won't say Sweet 16 or gone, but there better be a very good reason for losing before the Sweet 16.

Rev. Hog

I think that Stan's teams have vastly underachieved the last few years.  He has not produced when it counts, or when the pressure is on.  I think the teams have had their limited success in spite of, and not because of his coaching!

HogSophist

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on October 12, 2006, 06:29:05 am
Sweet 16 minimum this year. Write it down!

Agree. This team is good and it will show. This is the year if we see if there has been a stan plan or just chaos. It takes large cajones to not say things like "we lost all our scoring" or " if we can get team chemistry" yada, yada....i respect that. He has put himself to task. I wish him luck.

signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

DeltaBoy

Stan the Man will GET-R-DONE this year! :razorback:
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Kevin n Hog Heaven

I agree here. This team is going to be very, very good. These players fit his style and all the distractions and infighting will be gone. I'm very excited about these freshman players.

hog caller

getting to know you,getting to know you, getting to know all about you.

this is what all will be singing till the season opens and the fur starts to fly .

i like our chances better this year than last. for reasons i will keep to myself.

i think once the season gets underway we'll start singing hallejah praise Jehova.

hawgtime

i expect Final Four, Nothing less.  and about the reloading comment.  He needs to keep the talent coming in order to achieve that.

go hogs.

jamie72921

Jonathan Modica

JJ Sullinger

Andre Iguadola

1 guy stayed, the others left because the great Stan Heath couldn't convince them to. I wonder if we would have been any better with them?
Bless your heart

enwhog

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 12, 2006, 02:46:33 pm
Jonathan Modica

JJ Sullinger

Andre Iguadola

1 guy stayed, the others left because the great Stan Heath couldn't convince them to. I wonder if we would have been any better with them?

LOL- good one

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 12, 2006, 02:46:33 pm
Jonathan Modica

JJ Sullinger

Andre Iguadola

We would obviously have been better with those players, but Stan has gotten progressively better during each season so far.  This is the year.  We should not give him another if we don't have an excellent season.  Sweet 16 or a very good reason why not.

Arazorbackguy1

You can't build a house without a good foundation... and if you try to skimp out on the foundation, you might as well buy a trailer home.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

BPPig

I am frankly amazed at all the Stan hate.

First, he followed a legend. Most coaches that try that last about 2 years.

Secondly, he followed a legend that was fired and sued the university. Name the last time that happened.

Third, the cupboard was bare and those that were left were mad about the firing.

Fourth, his early star player, who never would have been a Razorback if NR had stayed, had a father who disagreed with how his son was being used. Not unusual. What was unusual was that the father was a living legend at the university. That is unusual.

I wish his learning curve as a coach would have been quicker but he is getting better. He has also taken his lumps like a man to the press and not given us excuses or moral victory crap. I like that a lot and he is one man I would like my son to play for if I had a D1 son.

The style of team he is building works and works well. 3 out of 4 teams in last years final four use the same basic blueprint. I could care less what style we use as long as we win and those long physical defensive teams win lots of games in the tournament when it counts and the 3 point % is falling.

The man can flat out recruit. Olu was a semi bust but that happens. Judging by Al Jefferson's early play in the NBA Stan was correct in staying with him to the end because he would have shredded the SEC. One of his first recruits was a 1st round draft choice. If HDN could recruit like Stan then even with his very small offensive play repertoire he would be a living legend on campus.

He gets hammered for the strangest reasons. It is obvious we could use a zone buster. We don't need one to do much more than just shoot the rock. We get a commit from one, who from the film I have seen has a pure stroke and he gets pummeled. The kid is 6-5 210 and besides being able to shoot can also probably set some serious screens for folks like Sonny. Anybody who gets past our perimeter people have to meet Mr. Hill and company.

Yes, we lost to Bucknell. It happens every year to someone. Usually to a couple of teams. He could have used excuses like "looking ahead to Memphis" but he didn't. In the long run it might even be a good thing. This group of players will probably not let that happen again. We were not going that far last year in all probability anyway.

While it has been slow Stan has progressed as a coach and I think it will continue. In his early years he over coached. Look at all those offense for defense substitutions he tried early on. He has learned to temper that and has become much more aware of the situations. He has assembled a very solid staff with a good mix of talents between them. He has an obstinate side that has slowed him somewhat but as time progresses can become a strength. His players. and these are his players by all reports, will start to feed off of that and become very obstinate about losing.

Historically, most big men need two years to develop. Ones that don't are in the NBA. If he can develop big men it will come to fruition this year. Has anyone seen pics of SH lately. Big Baby has lost 45 pounds. We should be among the more physical teams in America, much less the SEC.

This team deserves our full support right now. It is obvious from the pics that they have worked their butts off in the summer. If you want the Hogs to return to greatness in the near future then this team needs our full support. We can be strong enough this year to set ourselves up for one of the greatest classes in AR history. Any new coach puts us back to square one. Love him or hate him at this time he is by far our best avenue back to national prominence. Besides, exactly who up on the Hill do you trust with finding this mythical promised land coach? Go Hogs Go.

jamie72921

My point is that Stan Heath and many of his supporters whined about talent level when arrived here. Those guys mentioned were in the fold when he got here but he traded 2 of them for Kendrick Davis and Turd Ferguson. It wasn't like when Eddie left us and Keith Wilson, Kenny Hutchinson, and William Mills were all still here but far too strung out on coke to play? Leaving us with the likes of Scott Rose, Kevin Rehl, Mike Ratliff, and Scott Carpenter to add to Andrew Lang, Allie Freeman, and Stephon Moore. Byron Irvin transferred and although he was good he was a complimentary player.

The point is, there really isn't much difference between what Nolan started with and what Heath started with. There is however a big difference in the level of results so far. For Heath to match Nolan, he needs to have been to the NCAA one more time, win a first round game, and go to the final four THIS season. That is what Nolan did under the same circumstances and with lesser facilities and tradition.
Bless your heart

Jim Harris

Quote from: hogfan064 on October 12, 2006, 07:40:15 am

I hope so, but I haven't seen a preseason publication yet that even has us in the NCAA Tourney.  Most predict NIT, which isn't exceptable. 

I guess we're fortunate then that NCAA bids are predicated on where the preseason magazines picked you. Let's watch and enjoy the season. You, and the preseason magazine writers, may be surprised
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jamie72921

Al Jefferson never made it to campus. Quit counting him. Has it ever occurred to you that the big boys backed off recruiting him because they were reasonably sure he would declare for the pros and that is why he signed with us? Who did Lebron James sign with? Kobe Bryant? They didn't and it matters about as much as Jeffeson's letter of intent.

I don't hate coach Heath. But our program should have hired a better coach to begin with. He is our coach now and I hope he wins. But a return to the days of Sutton, which is all the better I fear him to be, would be a step backward for our program regardless of how you may have felt about Nolan.
Bless your heart

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

enwhog

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 12, 2006, 03:11:46 pm
My point is that Stan Heath and many of his supporters whined about talent level when arrived here. Those guys mentioned were in the fold when he got here but he traded 2 of them for Kendrick Davis and Turd Ferguson. It wasn't like when Eddie left us and Keith Wilson, Kenny Hutchinson, and William Mills were all still here but far too strung out on coke to play? Leaving us with the likes of Scott Rose, Kevin Rehl, Mike Ratliff, and Scott Carpenter to add to Andrew Lang, Allie Freeman, and Stephon Moore. Byron Irvin transferred and although he was good he was a complimentary player.

The point is, there really isn't much difference between what Nolan started with and what Heath started with. There is however a big difference in the level of results so far. For Heath to match Nolan, he needs to have been to the NCAA one more time, win a first round game, and go to the final four THIS season. That is what Nolan did under the same circumstances and with lesser facilities and tradition.

He didn't trade Nolan's buddy Satch's kid and AI for KD and EF. Stop blatantly lying to take shots at Heath.

jamie72921

That't right, Iguadola and Sullinger played here instead of Davis and Turd Ferguson. I was wrong.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on October 12, 2006, 03:26:56 pm
What's Nolan doing these days?

He was last seen laughing hysterically as he deposited his paycheck in the bank.
Bless your heart

hawgabilly

Quote from: DEVICEHIGH on October 12, 2006, 03:26:56 pm
What's Nolan doing these days?

Isn't he coaching Puerto Rico National team or something?  Had to get away from all those crackers.

TRUHOG718

October 12, 2006, 03:57:29 pm #85 Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 04:01:19 pm by TRUHOG718

I know I'm not disputing that.  The question for me is can the 07 Hogs destroy the 07 Bucknell team or other mid-majors in basketball?  It's time to win in the NCAA.  I don't think anyone can dispute we underachieved the last two years.

Good point mikeirwin. Ive got four words to all who "know" we will be sooooo gooood this year without seeing one game yet. "Beware Of Southern Illinois" This mid major is tournament tested and will give us all a good gauge of how good we really are next month. This team also would have beaten us in the tourney this year if we had played them instead of Lucknell. Luckily their star player will just be coming off his suspension that week and may need a few games to adjust to the contact  and speed of the game.

Before the TRUHOG718 smite session begins let me break it down like this. I do believe we will be good this year, but before some of you start declaring us sweet 16 contenders don't forget we need to see how this bunch plays together and get to the tourney first.
Dealing with pre season emotions puts us in the sweet 16 the day before practice starts but dealing with reality is what you've just finished reading in this post. WPS
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

ReturnToDynasty?

Stan didn't have anywhere to go but up.  Nolan left us in shambles.  I want to like Stan but his decisions baffle me and make me think he can't handle this position.  I hope I'm wrong and we're better this year, and he can get Townes to live up to his potential. 

Pork Twain

For the love of God, Nolan tore our program down to the ground when he left and made it hard to get players.  SH has gone out and gotten those players and rebuilt our team.  Now if he can actually coach them to more wins is another story.  I say give him time to get where he thinkg he needs to be and as long as he improves EVERY year I am happy.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

BPPig

Sometimes this board really seems humorous to me. There are several posters that seem to think the short term solution is to hire a new coach so that he can win with Stan Heath's players. Hey HDN got a couple of free years so why not. EH11

Any new coach will face the same poop. He will hear that we have the BEST facilities in the country which is a blatant lie and be expected to contend for a national championship in a couple of years. We ought to have them lined up for that job. Please tell me who out there would not want to come in for all those bennies. Get real! The best chance for old poops like me or folks that are students on the hill right now to experience a national BB program right now is with Stan Heath. Any other scenario is just feeding the "grass is always greener' bull excrement.

I am a Hog fan and until THIS team proves me wrong I will remain steadfast. Go Hogs Go.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: BPPig on October 12, 2006, 04:21:12 pm
Sometimes this board really seems humorous to me. There are several posters that seem to think the short term solution is to hire a new coach so that he can win with Stan Heath's players. Hey HDN got a couple of free years so why not. EH11

Any new coach will face the same poop. He will hear that we have the BEST facilities in the country which is a blatant lie and be expected to contend for a national championship in a couple of years. We ought to have them lined up for that job. Please tell me who out there would not want to come in for all those bennies. Get real! The best chance for old poops like me or folks that are students on the hill right now to experience a national BB program right now is with Stan Heath. Any other scenario is just feeding the "grass is always greener' bull excrement.

I am a Hog fan and until THIS team proves me wrong I will remain steadfast. Go Hogs Go.
Arkansas has every reason to be a national power.  We provide the Basketball program everything it needs to suceed.  In this day and age, if you get 4 years and don't get the job done, you need to go.  We need to see the Sweet 16 this season.  Sucess breeds sucess.  If you don't win, you don't recruit.  I think Stan has done pretty well considering where Nolan left us, but it is put up or shut up time. 

Nashville Fan

I don't really give a crap about the 16. I want to dominate our conference. If we start doing that again, the NCAAs will take care of itself.
Pittman or Bust!

BPPig

We didn't dominate the conference even when we won the NC. Kentucky was the SEC champ in 94. However, I do agree. If we become a perennial SEC power the the tourney will take care of itself.

hogsanity

Quote from: jamie72921 on October 12, 2006, 03:42:15 pm
That't right, Iguadola and Sullinger played here instead of Davis and Turd Ferguson. I was wrong.

Igy never came, but Heath would have welcomed him with open arms.  Sullinger left because his daddy was nolan's friend. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Nashville Fan

Quote from: BPPig on October 12, 2006, 05:08:55 pm
We didn't dominate the conference even when we won the NC. Kentucky was the SEC champ in 94. However, I do agree. If we become a perennial SEC power the the tourney will take care of itself.
You are correct. I should have said our half of the conference. AR won some games by just showing up. Teams feared playing the Hogs.
Pittman or Bust!

dumasdaddy

Lets be real.  SH has been improving year by year.  He is poised for a very good or great season of coaching.  The squad is looking good on paper.  I hated the hiring of SH, but now I am looking forward to seeing him coach.  We closed out the season last year with some huge wins and showed heart.  Luck had nothing to do with it.  If anything we lost on bad luck two games LSU and BAMA.  You should be looking forward to a huge season and a run in the tourney.

dumasdaddy

Fear the MANIMAL this year SEC foes.

BPPig

OK , the premise is that all on this board want the hogs to be a national power in BB and always competitive in the SEC. At this time my solution is to support the team and coach. I believe that we are headed in the right direction albeit slowly. That is my solution. Would the ones who differ please give me their solutions and please name names. Maybe there is something I am overlooking. Thanks.

Hog Fan from Camden

you know it was coming.  come on now!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: hogfan064 on October 12, 2006, 07:08:24 am
He hasn't rebuilt anything.  Heath continues to lose to teams with less talent like MSU, Ole Miss, and Bucknell.  Heath has the best facilities and 2nd best tradition in the SEC to work with, but we're still only a middle of the pack team.  Yeah I know he was given a mess, but that's been 5 years ago.  This year will be no better.  This is another NIT team. 

Arkansas basketball was named the #8 best program in NCAA history 2 years ago.  THere is no excuse for us not to expect NCAA tourneys every year and challenge for a NC in most years.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Stan Heath will never win a NC at Arkansas

Some of you guys clearly don't remember the state this program was in.  We'd have had a hard time winning a JUCO conference championship with the players he inherited.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Nashville Fan on October 12, 2006, 05:02:25 pm
I don't really give a crap about the 16. I want to dominate our conference. If we start doing that again, the NCAAs will take care of itself.

That's right.  A lot of good teams and good coaches get upset early in the tournament - I'm not saying us last year by any means, but teams like our 1992 or was it 1991 squad.  Syracuse has had some good teams, as had Arizona.  Winning during the conference season on a consistent basis will eventually pay off in the NCAAs.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!