Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ill ask again! can we realistically beat Tennessee and LSU?

Started by hogken, October 11, 2006, 07:29:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogken

thoughts again! this time please! please! no mention of any punch
one fist is iron the other is steel,if the right one dont get you,the left one will!

TXrazorback

Quote from: hogken on October 11, 2006, 07:29:46 pm
thoughts again! this time please! please! no mention of any punch

Yes, it is always a possibility that any team can beat another team by simply scoring more points before time expires.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

SPAL

absolutely not. We will not be able to stop the UT passing game. We can beat LSU, although they have much better wr's than auburn, so i doubt we will stop them in the air either.

bythelake

It is not probable that any team will beat LSU, TENN, and AUB in one year, but, don't tell the Razorback team that.  Let's keep on winning one game at a time and see what happens.

fordyce boy

I think we can beat LSU but TENNESSEE scares me to death. They have a potent pass attack.

Pork Twain

Ask me again after the usc game.  Between now and then we will see what type of team we have.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Nutts and Bolts

Realistically? Did you not watch the hogs play this past weekend?
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Count_Porkula

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on October 11, 2006, 07:45:57 pm

Didn't we do this same thread with Auburn last week?

Give Coach Nutt enough time to gameplan and we beat anyone in the country.

dropie

Tenn now appears to be the toughest of the two.   I'll be happy with a split of this series, provided we beat the other USC.  If you asked me two weeks ago, I would say no way...now..looks promising. 

As crazy as it sounds, I'm more concerned about us losing a game we should win...the two most likely possibilities being USC and Ole Miss....dropie.

SPAL

sure, but what does that have to do with UT...time we quit looking at what we did and start looking at what we still have to do....champions dont dwell on a big win, they celebrate, then move on. Tomorrow is another day, we have to get ready for each new day, each new team, each new gameplan. Auburn is forgotten, now its Ole Miss,  South Carolina , UT, and LSU. Just because we dominated Auburn, doesnt mean we are untouchable. Id say the same if Bear Bryant was our coach....we as fans simply do not know how to be winners yet. I hope the team isnt saying.."we will beat UT because we dominated Auburn."

Pork Twain

Are you saying that playing LSU & Tenn are the same as playing Aub?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

SultanofSwine

Those games will be extremely tough to win and based on thier performances this season UT looks to be the bigger challenge by far. You have to look at the AU game and the head to head performances and think we have a good opportunity to play with them. UT is looking like a force to be reckoned with. The D line will play a hugh part in those games by pressuring two very good QB's, hopefully. If we can get quick pressure without wholesale blitzing then I like our chances in both games. I think we can score some points on both, the question esp. with UT is can we slow down their offense.

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

ched come back pls

HOGSWEAT

well theres no way we can realistically beat auburn, so no chance vs. lsu and tenn

arkjay19

All I know is everyone counted Arkansas out of the Auburn game too.

I love how everyone's short memory forgets that Tennesse gave up 33 points to a stumbling Georgia offense.  And so far LSU has folded against the only two good teams they have played.  Arkansas may look just as threatening as Florida and Auburn did by the time they play for the Golden Boot.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: opineonswine on October 11, 2006, 07:55:56 pm
Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 07:49:19 pm

sure, but what does that have to do with UT...time we quit looking at what we did and start looking at what we still have to do....champions dont dwell on a big win, they celebrate, then move on. Tomorrow is another day, we have to get ready for each new day, each new team, each new gameplan. Auburn is forgotten, now its Ole Miss,  South Carolina , UT, and LSU. Just because we dominated Auburn, doesnt mean we are untouchable. Id say the same if Bear Bryant was our coach....we as fans simply do not know how to be winners yet. I hope the team isnt saying.."we will beat UT because we dominated Auburn."

You are so right.  Of course we CAN beat Tenn and/or LSU.  But we will have to use a game plan that is innovative and tailored to those two teams.  What I worry about is HDN falling back into his familiar M.O. of trying to play every team with a run, run, pass ball control game plan.  It worked in the second half v. Auburn but will it work v. Tenn and LSU who are capable of scoring every time they get the ball.  I believe we will have to use balance to beat both Tenn and LSU.  I trust Gus to come up with a game plan that will do it.  Will HDN let him use it?  I don't know.

I fixed that for you

gopigsgo

Weren't you guys listening to K. Irons the other day, we are Ark. not like Fla. Ga. etc.. :P

JJHog

I don't see us winning both.

Tenn has those great WRs--our weakness.

LSU is in the Rock where we can beat anybody. They are talened but mistake prone and they may not have much to play for come Nov 24
" Think Right, Do Right"

SPAL

Quote from: JJHog on October 11, 2006, 08:16:40 pm

LSU is in the Rock where we can beat anybody. They are talened but mistake prone and they may not have much to play for come Nov 24

who have we beat in the rock that makes you so sure we can beat anybody?...Granted we have more big wins there than at fayetteville, but i think this myth about being unbeatable at the rock is a myth...id like to see a list of the big teams we beat at the rock under dale...i know we beat USC-E once when they were ranked and We beat maybe 1 good LSU team there, but i cant think of anymore...mostly USF, ULM, MSU, etc...

clemensrules01

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 08:20:45 pm

who have we beat in the rock that makes you so sure we can beat anybody?...Granted we have more big wins there than at fayetteville, but i think this myth about being unbeatable at the rock is a myth...id like to see a list of the big teams we beat at the rock under dale...i know we beat USC-E once when they were ranked and We beat maybe 1 good LSU team there, but i cant think of anymore...mostly USF, ULM, MSU, etc...
weve beaten a top 10 South Carolina team, a top 25 Mississippi State team, and a Tim Couch-led Kentucky team, along with everyone else we have played there except for LSU two years ago.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: clemens on October 11, 2006, 08:23:08 pm

weve beaten a top 10 South Carolina team, a top 25 Mississippi State team, and a Tim Couch-led Kentucky team, along with everyone else we have played there except for LSU two years ago.

Tim Couch had an impressive NFL career.  Who is he with now?

JJHog

We don't play that many in the Rock anymore numbnutt (sorry I could not resist), but there is no doubt we play better there--ask the players, they love it!

" Think Right, Do Right"

mckinneyhog

Quote from: JJHog on October 11, 2006, 08:25:34 pm

We don't play that many in the Rock anymore numbnutt (sorry I could not resist), but there is no doubt we play better there--ask the players, they love it!

We should play all our home games in Little Rock, we would never lose. 

Hollywood_HOGan

NOoooooo! not this GSD crap again.

Right now I just want to kick the crap out of these next three teams and then win that big one in South Carolina.

I hope South Carolina loses a couple games so maybe their spirits won't be as high when we go down there on Nov 4th. Im more worried about SOuth Carolina than Tennessee and LSU.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:28:38 pm

ha!  riiiiight

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 11, 2006, 08:31:31 pm

Right now I just want to kick the crap out of these next three teams and then win that big one in South Carolina.

I hope South Carolina loses a couple games so maybe their spirits won't be as high when we go down there on Nov 4th. Im more worried about SOuth Carolina than Tennessee and LSU.

Right on brother.  +1

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 11, 2006, 08:32:03 pm

ha!  riiiiight

I was being sarcastic, but you probaly knew that.  :)

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:33:16 pm

Right on brother.  +1

Im really hoping Vanderbilt and Tennessee can take them down before they play us.

I just cant believe how well South Carolina is recruiting. They havent done that much at all but they are going to have some big time talent there in the future.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:36:13 pm

ha!  riiiiight

True true

But there are some posters here who actually believe some of that stuff.

VoR

Yes we can beat both of them, and yes we could lose to both of them. We have 4 games between now and Tn., 6 games between now and LSU, let's see how this team develops between now and then before we devise gameplans on how to beat them.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

wwwhogfan

I am doubtful on both but we have a better shot at LSU than TN.  We just seem to have problems with TN for some reason.  It also doesn't help that they could possibly be the best team in the SEC right now and I would say they are certainly playing better than LSU right now.

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 11, 2006, 08:36:58 pm
Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:33:16 pm

Right on brother.  +1

Im really hoping Vanderbilt and Tennessee can take them down before they play us.

I just cant believe how well South Carolina is recruiting. They havent done that much at all but they are going to have some big time talent there in the future.

Vanderbilt is iffy, but I  believe Tennessee will beat them.  SC will be a force to be reckoned with next year.  Spurrier's name alone will bring in big time talent. 

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on October 11, 2006, 08:37:50 pm
Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 11, 2006, 08:36:13 pm

ha!  riiiiight

True true

But there are some posters here who actually believe some of that stuff.

I could see the players in the 70's and 80's saying that, but now a days since they only play one game there, I just don't see it. 

Corganist

Tennesee's offense looks tough, but their defense looked a little bit suspect against GA. I wasn't under the impression that GA had a very potent offense, but they moved the ball pretty well against the Vols. I think we may be able to run on UT pretty well.

I'm still not sold on LSU being a great team this year. They haven't looked like all that much whenever they've gone up against quality opponents. And the game is in Little Rock, so that's a bonus. (Though you gotta remember, last time LSU came to WMS, they trounced us and broke Nutt's undefeated record there.)

bigred7987

Tennessee's offense isn't as good as people make it out to be.  If we shut down the run like we have been.  Cutcliffe's play action wont be nearly as effective. We always play Tennessee close except for that one debacle in what 2001?  At home with the types of crowd we should have at both?  We CAN win both.   Play like we did vs. Auburn with more offensive diversity and we will win both

hambone

I don't know so much about Tennesse but, I live in Louisiana and LSU has problems.   That team is either going to get it together and be tough when we play them or, (and this is what I think's going to happen) they will fall apart and probably just mail it in.   I think Les Miles is losing his grip on the situation down there.  LSU has always been a very emotional team.  When they are united and playing hard, they can beat anybody, but when things go bad and those cajuns lose focus, they just quit.   I've seen that pattern before, and I think I'm seeing it again.   Next few games will tell.  If they do fall apart, I wouldn't be suprised to see Miles gone after this year.  There is just too much talent on this team to tolerate a losing season.   

Broken Trigger

LSU lost to Auburn, so i know we can beat them.  We always seem to play Tennessee tough, and i think the guys get up for that game maybe more than any other in the SEC. 

r-neezy

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on October 11, 2006, 07:49:19 pm

I think Nutt has made that perfectly clear with the players that he wants them to remember what it has taken to get to this point. That is one of the reasons that he has closed practice. Its just like telling the players that they havent done anything yet, which they havent. Its still a lot of football to play.  I feel confident that the players really want to go to Atlanta and they are taking every game seriously.

hogfan4life56

we beat auburn at their house, so yes we can beat them.

MakeMeOink

As long as Fulmer is the coach at Tennessee WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE A CHANCE TO BEAT THEM.  Les Miles has done less with more talent than anyone else in America, thus we stand a chance of beating them.  Those games won't matter a hell of a lot though if we Spurrier beats us which is VERY LIKELY!

SPAL

u called me numbnutts, but failed to answer any part of my question. at least clemens gave the best answer he could come up with, even if that meant adding a Kentucky team in there that we struggled to beat. The fact is, we beat only a select few good teams in the rock, the rest have been creampuff central, obviously we are gonna win more there.

arkbengal

Quote from: RazorbackRick on October 11, 2006, 09:08:44 pm
LSU lost to Auburn, so i know we can beat them.  We always seem to play Tennessee tough, and i think the guys get up for that game maybe more than any other in the SEC. 

Well, I'm one of the few outsiders who said the Hogs had a chance to beat Auburn - because of the style matchups. Congratulations - excellent game. Florida also has a very good shot to beat them again this week because of their run defense. Better for both of us if that happens. Tennessee and LSU, while maybe not playing up to potential just yet (if ever this year) present a totally different (and more difficult) matchup problem for Arkansas. Yes, Arkansas could beat either or both. But it won't be easy and I still contend the West will be determined on the Friday after Thanksgiving in Little Rock. Oh, and don't forget about that trip to Columbia coming up either.

searksportzfan

woooooooooo piiiigggggg sooooiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee

rlamb

Hogken, wow really really we can.  Those orange pukes and the swamp things only put their legs in the pants one at a time!  They are
not from Krypton. Yes we really can beat both of them! Let your little heart not be troubled.

HogasaurusRex

YES! I believe, and if we do not, it won't be because me and my house didn't do our part!

strawhog

The hogs are very capable of going undefeated from here on out whether it happens or not is yet to be seen.

mpeacock

Do you really care this much about the opinions of people on this board? i think it is a forum for posting opinions, not forming one.

razorbackkid

We can not beat Tennessee until Nov.11.  I'll worry about Tenn. beginning Nov. 5.  Too many things can change from this day 'til that day.  I hope we beat SEMO.  The Red Hawks, I like that mascot.

Go Hogs!
I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.