Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lee Ziemba talks Arkansas and Auburn

Started by The Recruiting Guy, October 11, 2006, 12:05:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Recruiting Guy

I want to thank Lee for calling me back tonight. We talked earlier this evening. Here's what he had to say.

TRG: Will the Arkansas- Auburn game have any effect on your decision?

Lee: No sir, one game can't decide a four year decision or really a life time decision on a 2 and half hour game.

TRG: Tell me the positives of each program.

Lee: Arkansas is a program on the rise. They have some young guys like Mitch, Damian, Ben and have some key players like Darren and Felix that are young and they show promise in the future.

Auburn is a elite team in the SEC and has been elite for awhile. They are always in the top 25 year in and year out and have been to the SEC championship game recently.

TRG: Your parents are Auburn grads. Will they influence your decision?

Lee: Not really, they are unbiased. They let me make all my decisions. They just tell me to pray on my decision. They are Ok if it's Auburn or if it's Arkansas they'll be calling the hogs like everyone else.

TRG: Do you talk to any of the other recruits?

Lee; I talk to Seth Oxner, Grant Freeman and Alex Tejada. They are good friends. I talk to D.J. Williams occasionally. They all want me to make my own decision.

TRG: When will you will make your decision?

Lee: At the end of the season.

TRG: Tell me some of your stats for this year.

Lee: I have 36 pancakes. 45 knock downs and 12 deuce blocks. A deuce block is when you take out 2 guys on the same play.

Lee was very impressed that Arkansas in his words "took control of the line of scrimmage". The Arkansas win may not be a major factor in his decision it has to help Arkansas a little bit.  Lee is a very sharp young man and he'll make the right decision. I have no doubt about that.

First interview:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,61793.0.html

Update:

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php/topic,82605.0.html

AFWarrior83

+1; Arkansas is so young, just think what our future holds w/ a top 10 recruiting class or two! As the saying goes, "The sky is the limit".
Hogville member since 2005.

RootnShoot

Great stuff, he sure sounds like a level-headed guy.
There are more important things.

The Recruiting Guy

Quote from: RootnShoot on October 11, 2006, 12:24:01 am

That he is. I know his parents have to be proud.

WoooPigSooie

Quote from: The Recruiting Guy on October 11, 2006, 12:26:09 am
Quote from: RootnShoot on October 11, 2006, 12:24:01 am

That he is. I know his parents have to be proud.

It sounds like they've done a great job with him. 

He seems like a really sharp kid and would make an awesome HOG!

Great job TRG!
"The Heisman is supposed to define college football's most outstanding football player.

I saw him here Saturday night. Darren McFadden."

PORK CHOP

i agree with all of the above posts

LEE WE NEED AND WANT YOU MORE THAN THEY DO

RealHogFan

I have seen this young man interviewed and he is a VERY intelligent and well spoken young man

Adrenaline_Junkie

so basically he's not coming here............

Vandimar

this interview makes me want him to be a hog even more...

he seems like the sort of person, regardless of talent level, that we should want.

:razorback:
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

RazorRaider

QuoteAuburn is a elite team in the SEC and has been elite for awhile. They are always in the top 25 year in and year out and have been to the SEC championship game recently.

This more than anything will be what could cost us Ziemba. For anyone that thinks 8 wins and some also ran bowl game is good enough for us should take note. Recruits aren't impressed with that sort of thing.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

The_Bionic_Pig

October 11, 2006, 06:07:00 am #10 Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 08:37:09 am by Woo_Pig_Stewie
Quote from: RazorRaider on October 11, 2006, 03:47:52 am
This more than anything will be what could cost us Ziemba. For anyone that thinks 8 wins and some also ran bowl game is good enough for us should take note. Recruits aren't impressed with that sort of thing.

Your absolutely correct double R but at the same time as I view Auburn schedule they could be 5-2 (3-2 in the SEC West) within the next 4 days essentially thinking Music City or Cotton Bowl.  We on the other hand just have to split with Tennessee/ Louisiana State both games at home and at worst were still in Atlanta.  presuming we take care of business against South Carolina. (LSU is the most important one because they in in our division even though I would loooooooooooooove to stick it to Tennessee)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Landonhog

Inigo Montoya

Am I to assume a "pancake" is a sack or does he like to eat at the awful waffle?

HedgeDweller

Oxner et al 'want him to make his own decision', but I sure hope they are trying to sell him on becoming teammates with them.

Tomhog™

Quote from: Inigo Montoya on October 11, 2006, 07:57:11 am
Am I to assume a "pancake" is a sack or does he like to eat at the awful waffle?

"pancake" blocking is offensive, not defensive.  I believe it's when you knock your opposing defensive lineman down, effectively "pancaking" him to the ground...

311Hog

Quote from: Tomcat on October 11, 2006, 08:09:14 am

"pancake" blocking is offensive, not defensive.  I believe it's when you knock your opposing defensive lineman down, effectively "pancaking" him to the ground...

You are correct its a knock down block.

Corkscrew Johnson

QuoteAuburn is a elite team in the SEC and has been elite for awhile. They are always in the top 25 year in and year out and have been to the SEC championship game recently.

So true.  And what's sad is that Auburn is not an elite program.  They have had 2 good years, before that they were perennial underachievers and a mid-level SEC West team, hoping to crack the top 25 with a big win and inevitably falling out with a typical loss.  That tells you how fast things can change and how important it is we finish off this season strong.  

judgeroyswine

This is exactly the type of quality player and person of character you want playing for you.

Hey Lee, I hope you feel led to Arkansas.  I appreciate your comments either way.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

Jaison Black

I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

Hawgballz

Quote from: Corkscrew Johnson on October 11, 2006, 08:18:26 am

So true.  And what's sad is that Auburn is not an elite program.  They have had 2 good years, before that they were perennial underachievers and a mid-level SEC West team, hoping to crack the top 25 with a big win and inevitably falling out with a typical loss.  That tells you how fast things can change and how important it is we finish off this season strong.  

Corkscrew, you beat me to it.  Auburn went 8-0 & 7-1 the last 2 years in the SEC (before that 5-3 had been their best record in quite some time) and now they are considered "elite".  In 2004 they tried to get rid of TT and then he turns it around with the 13-0 record so this tells me if we can finish strong (play in Atlanta the 1st week of December) and follow it up with the same type of season next year, then we can be an "elite" program.  I am not saying that it is right or wrong, that is just the way it is nowadays, perception is much more important.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Hog Fan 51

He will probably get more PT if he comes here! whoo pig sooey
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Hawgballz

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on October 11, 2006, 10:17:29 am
He will probably get more PT if he comes here! whoo pig sooey

I don't know, after watching Auburn Saturday I would say they could use some better blocking up front.  Our front 7 tore them up.   ;)

311Hog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 11, 2006, 10:03:42 am

Corkscrew, you beat me to it.  Auburn went 8-0 & 7-1 the last 2 years in the SEC (before that 5-3 had been their best record in quite some time) and now they are considered "elite".  In 2004 they tried to get rid of TT and then he turns it around with the 13-0 record so this tells me if we can finish strong (play in Atlanta the 1st week of December) and follow it up with the same type of season next year, then we can be an "elite" program.  I am not saying that it is right or wrong, that is just the way it is nowadays, perception is much more important.

More then anything it exposes the average human being's attention span has shrunk to a nanosecond.

This is the way of the world, you can win for 2 years and be all over ESPN and people will talk about you like you have won 10 games every year for the past 60, the opposite is also true in that same span, (2 years) the hogs have struggled mightily and thus have been label a basement joke of a team. And i know we have struggled for longer then 2 years, but this shows that a program can rise and fall in the blink of an eye in todays information ADD age.

Deuce Pigelow

great job TRG!! as usual.
come on Lee, jump on board.

HogPharmD

Quote from: hopperclaude on October 11, 2006, 12:41:55 pm
with both parents being alums.............that can go along way with youth.

That is also why we have to be careful in the recruiting process. If we "talk down" Auburn it will hurt us with his parents. Gotta be positive about OUR program. I too feel parental influence may be working against us with this one... and if so, I hope that it won't influence Kodi's decision.

Hog Fan from Camden

Once again, TRG we are in you dept!

Thanks

gopigsgo

Pre-season I saw LZ around the UA alot , at practices, camps,etc.. I believe in my gut that he will be a hog. He just doesn't want to disrespect the other team who is showing him so much love. He does seem to be a class act and I will feel this way if he goes the other way.I believe that it does make a difference about the game though.You can watch that game and tell who the stronger team is. With the new coaching we are going to go far and he knows it.

RAZORBART

Naturally you hope he comes here but.......it appears that it is easier to coach and improve 2 star linemen than skill players and we seem to have always been decent at getting so called average guys to excel playing in the line.

Oklahawg

With the number of good or great in-state recruits up in the air about where to go to school, HDN has picked a great year to make a run at the elite.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

HogNuttz

Quote from: 311Hog on October 11, 2006, 08:12:13 am

If a pancake is a knock down, why then does he state he has 36 pancakes and 45 knockdowns?  Obviously there is some difference in his mind.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hawgballz

Quote from: HogNuttz on October 12, 2006, 10:17:35 am
Quote from: 311Hog on October 11, 2006, 08:12:13 am

If a pancake is a knock down, why then does he state he has 36 pancakes and 45 knockdowns?  Obviously there is some difference in his mind.

As a coach explained it to me, a pancake block is also considered a knockdown block.  A knockdown block is any time someone is knocked to the ground, while a pancake block is where you stay in contact with them rendering them completely unable to participate in the play. 

Mohawk

The addition of LZ would be great. But, if he decides not to come to UA, we should still concentrate on both Oand D linemen. After watching the domination of both sides against Auburn, it just goes to show how important these beasts are. Being an ex lineman(albeit highschool), i am prejudiced.

Tigersroar

In 2004 they tried to get rid of TT and then he turns it around with the 13-0 record so this tells me if we can finish strong (play in Atlanta the 1st week of December) and follow it up with the same type of season next year, then we can be an "elite" program. 

It happened in 2003 and it wasn't "They" it was a few who thought they controlled Auburn University.
Obviously they did not control Auburn football as much as they thought as those who executed the ill-fated scheme to hire Bobby Petrino while Coach Tuberville was still employed were relieved of their duties within the university not very long after Jetgate. 
It was the thousands of fans in the Auburn family who rallied around him to help Tuberville keep his job.
In 2004, we were 13-0 and SEC champions.  Clearly, the fans were right.
Just wanted to clear that up so there was no confusion.

Tuberville led Auburn to an SEC Championship, five Western Division titles including outright championships in 2000 and 2004 and co-championships in 2001, 2002 and 2005.

Under his direction, the Tigers have made six consecutive bowl appearances including FOUR New Year's Day bowl berths.

Tuberville accomplished these feats while playing 25 percent of his games against top 10 opponents and 39 percent against teams ranked in the nation's top 25.
His Auburn record stands at 60-27.

And his players: Nineteen players have been selected in the NFL Draft including an SEC-record four in the first round of the 2005 Draft.

cubbie

If I had to name one elite program between Auburn and Alabama it would have to be Bama based on their tradition.
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

SonOfMud

Quote from: Tigersroar on October 13, 2006, 10:08:27 am
  In 2004 they tried to get rid of TT and then he turns it around with the 13-0 record so this tells me if we can finish strong (play in Atlanta the 1st week of December) and follow it up with the same type of season next year, then we can be an "elite" program. 

It happened in 2003 and it wasn't "They" it was a few who thought they controlled Auburn University.
Obviously they did not control Auburn football as much as they thought as those who executed the ill-fated scheme to hire Bobby Petrino while Coach Tuberville was still employed were relieved of their duties within the university not very long after Jetgate. 
It was the thousands of fans in the Auburn family who rallied around him to help Tuberville keep his job.
In 2004, we were 13-0 and SEC champions.  Clearly, the fans were right.
Just wanted to clear that up so there was no confusion.

Tuberville led Auburn to an SEC Championship, five Western Division titles including outright championships in 2000 and 2004 and co-championships in 2001, 2002 and 2005.

Under his direction, the Tigers have made six consecutive bowl appearances including FOUR New Year's Day bowl berths.

Tuberville accomplished these feats while playing 25 percent of his games against top 10 opponents and 39 percent against teams ranked in the nation's top 25.
His Auburn record stands at 60-27.

And his players: Nineteen players have been selected in the NFL Draft including an SEC-record four in the first round of the 2005 Draft.

Sorry, we don't let facts get in the way of our arguments. :D
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

logic

Quote from: judgeroyswine on October 11, 2006, 08:42:28 am
This is exactly the type of quality player and person of character you want playing for you.

Hey Lee, I hope you feel led to Arkansas.  I appreciate your comments either way.

To a 17 year old, 2 or 3 years is forever. To the rest of us it is how well a team did for last 20 to 50 years.

Tigersroar

So true.  And what's sad is that Auburn is not an elite program.  They have had 2 good years, before that they were perennial underachievers and a mid-level SEC West team, hoping to crack the top 25 with a big win and inevitably falling out with a typical loss.  That tells you how fast things can change and how important it is we finish off this season strong. 

Mid-level SEC west program?

Auburn has SEC 6 West trophies in our case-1997, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005
and the 2004 SEC championship trophy.

A couple of good years?
Mid-level SEC west team??

LMAO