Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Okay, Rumor time!

Started by Hogeye_Pierce, October 09, 2006, 01:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brooks74

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on October 10, 2006, 11:45:57 am
They don't run the ball at Miami, but MIS STATE WOULD BE A GOOD FIT.

I think Clinton Portis, Najeh Davenport, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, and James Stewart would beg to differ on your point.

brooks74

Oh, and one other guy they call Edge.

billself4prez

Early reports out of Mississippi is that Steve Roberts is high on the list to replace either, Coach O or Sly Croom.  This would open up ASU for Gus Malzahn to bring his brand of football back to the flatlands.  We need to lock Gus up for the long term, or we will lose him.

GuvHog

Quote from: ScottS on October 10, 2006, 10:18:22 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on October 09, 2006, 01:46:11 pm
Nutt won't leave for a few reasons

1) Mitch is a freshman, he wants to work with this man

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

4) He will be our next AD

No way on number 4. Terry Don Phillips will be the next AD.

I was told by a former board of trustees member that Terry Don pissed a great number
of big wigs off before he left including Frank Broyles. He will not be back. The former
board member has insisted on remaining annonymous.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

HOGBLOODED

Quote from: brooks74 on October 10, 2006, 12:29:52 pm
Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on October 10, 2006, 11:45:57 am
They don't run the ball at Miami, but MIS STATE WOULD BE A GOOD FIT.

I think Clinton Portis, Najeh Davenport, Frank Gore, Willis McGahee, and James Stewart would beg to differ on your point.

well said, and thats not including Emmit Smith

HOGBLOODED

Excuse me he went to Florida, but Edgerrin James went to Miami

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: GUVHOG on October 10, 2006, 01:06:39 pm
Quote from: ScottS on October 10, 2006, 10:18:22 am
Quote from: hogfan064 on October 09, 2006, 01:46:11 pm
Nutt won't leave for a few reasons

1) Mitch is a freshman, he wants to work with this man

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

4) He will be our next AD

No way on number 4. Terry Don Phillips will be the next AD.

I was told by a former board of trustees member that Terry Don pissed a great number
of big wigs off before he left including Frank Broyles. He will not be back. The former
board member has insisted on remaining annonymous.
Guv, it doesn't matter if he wants to remain anonymous.  We all know TDP angered Frank.  He has since made a modicum of peace and is as likely as anyone to be the next AD.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: wallyhog on October 10, 2006, 06:11:28 am
Interesting that most football people in the country consider Nutt to be a very good coach but he hogland he sucks. Just plain interesting.

Wally,  all those football people I hear on sports talk radio who have nice things to say about Nutt are always doing a subtle smear job on Arkansas.  "Houston Nutt is doing a good job considering he's at Arkansas".   "Houston Nutt is doing a good job with what he's got to work with".

Houston has to work with what Houston has brought in here,  but I digress,  bottom line is that all those "football people" out there are really knocking Arkansas while they're propping Nutt.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

Count_Porkula

Quote from: Snouty on October 10, 2006, 11:31:39 am
No doubt the Auburn win is huge for the Razorbacks, and maybe huger for Houston Nutt.   However, it is only one win.   We have seven regular season games to go, plus, in all likelihood, a bowl game.   If the coaches can get the team up for every game the rest of the year and we win, I believe HDN will get a free pass for another 3 seasons or so.  

If we go 10-2 or 9-3 and either win or play respectably in a bowl game, IMHO Nutt's got a pass for the next two seasons, anyway.  Barring injury, Mitch should be better next year and even better the year after that, and McFadden & Jones have to remain one more year.   McFadden doesn't strike me as one who will choose a college degree and a senior season over megabucks.  [Can't say I would, either.]

If Nutt has several 11+ win seasons over the next few years, it seems to me that Arkansas would have to offer him the athletic director's job.

On the other hand, I just can't see Nutt doing a Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden and staying here for 40 years.

I don't see any reason why Head Coach Houston Nutt couldn't be our very own Barry Alvarez. Coach Nutt is already light years ahead of JoPa and Bowden.

Hogeye_Pierce

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 10, 2006, 09:55:22 pm
Quote from: Snouty on October 10, 2006, 11:31:39 am
No doubt the Auburn win is huge for the Razorbacks, and maybe huger for Houston Nutt.   However, it is only one win.   We have seven regular season games to go, plus, in all likelihood, a bowl game.   If the coaches can get the team up for every game the rest of the year and we win, I believe HDN will get a free pass for another 3 seasons or so. 

If we go 10-2 or 9-3 and either win or play respectably in a bowl game, IMHO Nutt's got a pass for the next two seasons, anyway.  Barring injury, Mitch should be better next year and even better the year after that, and McFadden & Jones have to remain one more year.   McFadden doesn't strike me as one who will choose a college degree and a senior season over megabucks.  [Can't say I would, either.]

If Nutt has several 11+ win seasons over the next few years, it seems to me that Arkansas would have to offer him the athletic director's job.

On the other hand, I just can't see Nutt doing a Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden and staying here for 40 years.

I don't see any reason why Head Coach Houston Nutt couldn't be our very own Barry Alvarez. Coach Nutt is already light years ahead of JoPa and Bowden.

You do that just to tweak the Darksiders don't you? ::)
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

PulledPork

Porkula, if that is true then you are "light years" behind Forrest Gump....

Pulled out...®

Count_Porkula

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on October 10, 2006, 10:41:21 pm
You do that just to tweak the Darksiders don't you? ::)

It seems like Barry Alvarez provides the perfect model for what Arkansas football ought to become. He's a long time coach at Wisconsin who had success in a tough conference. He epitomizes what a Badger ought to be. He became the AD and hired a talented protege to be the next head coach.

It isn't much of a stretch to see Coach Nutt, who is the ideal Razorback, doing the same thing here. I can't see Coach Broyles doing the AD job in 10 years...

Jim Harris

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 10, 2006, 07:26:24 pm
Interesting that most football people in the country consider Nutt to be a very good coach but he hogland he sucks. Just plain interesting.

Wally,  all those football people I hear on sports talk radio who have nice things to say about Nutt are always doing a subtle smear job on Arkansas.  "Houston Nutt is doing a good job considering he's at Arkansas".   "Houston Nutt is doing a good job with what he's got to work with".

Houston has to work with what Houston has brought in here,  but I digress,  bottom line is that all those "football people" out there are really knocking Arkansas while they're propping Nutt.

I think they said that about Frank Broyles the same way back in the 1960s.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hog Fan 51

He would be a good coach at bama they like to run
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

dana caldwell

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 10, 2006, 08:09:19 am
I think the talk of HDN as a good coach is mainly a media driven phenomenon.  Read the MBs of other SEC teams, or teams that are rumored as HDN destinations.  They don't consider him a good coach anymore than we do.  The national media buys into the "more with less" theory.  We know better.

correct. if this person looked at the nebraska and LSU message boards when nutt was in -- and rumored, by sexton to be in (LSU) -- contention for those jobs, he would know better.

and EVERYONE should know better than to think nutt will be AD. he almost fell out of his chair when JFB tossed out the thot during the "no to nebraska" presser. he doesn't want the job and certainly could not do it.

as many have posted, this year has been about a whole lot more than one game. lindsey finally stepped in pre-auburn. he has declared to many that he firmly is in malzahn's corner.

tyson offered to buy out nutt last year but lindsey talked him into giving it one more year so nutt could land on his feet.

all of that -- and all the other craziness: no HUNH, pissed freshmen, the book coming out, nutt's postgame antics, sexton shopping him (even publicly stating as much at the LR TD Club)  -- points squarely to nutt's departure no matter the record or on-field results.

not miami, no. north carolina.

dana caldwell

Quote from: brooks74 on October 10, 2006, 12:30:29 pm

and his true freshman nephew, javaris.

MF

Quote from: billself4prez on October 10, 2006, 01:05:16 pm
Early reports out of Mississippi is that Steve Roberts is high on the list to replace either, Coach O or Sly Croom.  This would open up ASU for Gus Malzahn to bring his brand of football back to the flatlands.  We need to lock Gus up for the long term, or we will lose him.

Gus to ASU?  That would be a huge step down for him when he is looking to step up.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

dana caldwell

Quote from: MF on October 11, 2006, 12:26:22 pm

Gus to ASU?  That would be a huge step down for him when he is looking to step up.

the ONLY way malzahn leaves is if nutt stays.

brooks74

Quote from: dana caldwell on October 11, 2006, 12:21:56 pm
Quote from: brooks74 on October 10, 2006, 12:30:29 pm

and his true freshman nephew, javaris.

I knew I would forget one or two.

Albert Einswine

Exactly!  Why would he want to resign a D-1 O-Coordinator's position to become the Head Coach of a Junior High program?
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

PiggyBack

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 11, 2006, 01:59:32 pm

Exactly!  Why would he want to resign a D-1 O-Coordinator's position to become the Head Coach of a Junior High program?

ASU has a football team?
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Count_Porkula

I can't see Coach Malzahn going to ASU. It really makes no sense to me since Coach Nutt seems to be grooming him to become the next Razorback head coach. It seems that Coach Nutt is following the pattern Barry Alvarez set at Wisconsin.

RazorRaider

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 11, 2006, 10:24:10 pm
I can't see Coach Malzahn going to ASU. It really makes no sense to me since Coach Nutt seems to be grooming him to become the next Razorback head coach. It seems that Coach Nutt is following the pattern Barry Alvarez set at Wisconsin.

Nutt can't groom Gus. Gus is already light years ahead of Nutt. There is not anything that he could teach Gus that he doesn't already know. :)
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

Razorsharp

gus is not being groomed by nutt.  Maybe by the future coach for a couple of years
Hire Gus!

Richard_white

Quote from: Razorsharp on October 11, 2006, 10:28:30 pm
gus is not being groomed by nutt.  Maybe by the future coach for a couple of years

You are correct.

chromehog

Quote from: RazorRaider on October 11, 2006, 10:25:40 pm
nutt might just be a little scared of gus. ya think!

Nutt can't groom Gus. Gus is already light years ahead of Nutt. There is not anything that he could teach Gus that he doesn't already know. :)

hawgwilde

Come up for air from Barry's hind end!
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Proud to be a European-American since 1968!

chromehog

I hpoe we see a little more loyalty out of gus then that. you need to consider the he and the boys have been together for 4 years already. they are alredy comfotable with each other. this is going to be fun to watch over the next 4 years if everyone stays healthy and can stay focused on prioritys. if gus and mitch keep going like this nutt won't be able to do anything but hang on for the ride. lets face it when you have a winning combo even fb wouldn't mess with that scheme. seeing whats playing out with the coaches do you think if gus left mitch would stay? I don't know but i think after 4 years with a coach there are some feelings there.

Snarlton

October 12, 2006, 02:38:10 pm #128 Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 03:47:09 pm by Snarlton

The smartest idea ASU could ever hatch would be to beg, steal and borrow every dollar they can find and offer it to Gus to be their head coach.  I doubt he'd be there long but while he was, running HIS system without interferance, he'd do more to increase their fan base and national exposure than can be imagined.  I don't see that happening, but wouldn't it be interesting to see how many Hog fans would convert over to Gus's HUNH running Indians, especially if HDN still had a choke hold on the Hogs?

Ok, now it's time to put that crazy garbage where it belongs.  Gus is a Hog.

PurpleHog

would probably help 2 programs. Theirs and ours.