Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Okay, Rumor time!

Started by Hogeye_Pierce, October 09, 2006, 01:41:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogeye_Pierce

Hot off the rumor mill:

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Scroll down about a third of the way.

Pull quote: "Early word out of Arkansas is that Coach Houston Nutt -- who led the Razorbacks' to a 27-10 thrashing of No. 2 Auburn today -- has elevated himself to being one of the prime candidates for upcoming head coaching vacancies after the 2006 season -- especially those expected at Miami, N.C. State (which we first reported several weeks ago) and Mississippi State."
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

BATlanta

Prime candidate for Mississippi State?  Wow.  Sounds tempting.

Count_Porkula

This is believable, but why go to those schools?

We need to lock Coach Nutt into a long term, lucrative contract. He should be one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the college ranks.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 09, 2006, 01:43:13 pm

We need to lock Coach Nutt into a long term, lucrative contract. He should be one of the top 5 highest paid coaches in the college ranks.
Drop the crack pipe and slowly back away!

brooks74

Because of one win?

Richard_white

Yes coach Malzahn needs a long term deal.

hogfan064

Nutt won't leave for a few reasons

1) Mitch is a freshman, he wants to work with this man

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

4) He will be our next AD

HogFanInNC

Nutt is in line to be Athletic director, has the tools on his team to compete for SEC West title this year, next year, and the year after, tools to compete for SEC overall title this year and next year and the year after that, and the tools/talent to compete for a NC in the next 2 years (not counting this year).  He would Nutts to even allow such rumors..
After he just contends for a NC he would get a big raise, if FB hasn't died out of the AD job by then.  
I bet this is more of Nutts press agent stiring the pot early.

brooks74

Quote from: hogfan064 on October 09, 2006, 01:46:11 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

#1 scares me!  Get out of the way and let Wood and Gus do their jobs.

Hong Kong Sooey

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

Please contact Count Porkula about crack rehab programs in Arkansas and surrounding states.

Hogeye_Pierce

I think you forgot this icon:
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

hogsNbeer

"Early word out of Arkansas is that Coach Houston Nutt ..."

What does that mean....? Who is saying this......????  If anybody.......?

Ray Zor

Screw Rumors.  Stupid to bring up. 
GO HOGS

Hawgasaurus

Please Houston be a Bulldog!!! At least there mediocrity would be a vast improvement!!!
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

jkcrunch

First of all this a rumor based website, it even displays that fact, for all we know it was posted by the man in the moon.

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 09, 2006, 01:47:34 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

Please contact Count Porkula about crack rehab programs in Arkansas and surrounding states.

Those reasons seem reasonable to me.  Explain to me what part of this you diagree with?

pikehog

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

He loves the helmet-

Yes he loves the helmet so much he left out of town in the middle of the night when it looked like he was not going ot get to play.

He is going to be our next AD-

Hell if we are going to use people who go out of state for school then we ought to use Keith Jackson over Nutt.

HogNuttz

Did nobody notice he has the Kool-Aid kid in his avatar.  How serious did you think this post could be?
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Hawgballz

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

I believe you are correct.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Count_Porkula

Uh, if we hired a new coach (lord forbid) and NewCoach told Mitch, "Well boy, we're going to run the option from here on out. Hope you like the scout team." I don't think I'd blame him for finding a place he'd have a chance to play.

Richard_white

Quote from: hogs dont cry on October 09, 2006, 01:57:58 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

Those reasons seem reasonable to me.  Explain to me what part of this you diagree with?

All of them.

Ray Zor

quote author=Count_Porkula link=topic=82187.msg1114726#msg1114726 date=1160420402]
Uh, if we hired a new coach (lord forbid) and NewCoach told Mitch, "Well boy, we're going to run the option from here on out. Hope you like the scout team." I don't think I'd blame him for finding a place he'd have a chance to play.
[/quote]

If we hire a coach that runs the option in todays world, Mitch would be the least of our problems.[
GO HOGS

HatfieldHog

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

You guys keep using this AD position, like it was a grand thing or something.  Have you guys looked up the numbers as to what the AD makes vs. what a college head coach makes?

Look them up, and things may supprise you.

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

Roadrunner

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on October 09, 2006, 01:41:42 pm
Hot off the rumor mill:

Pull quote: "Early word out of Arkansas is that Coach Houston Nutt -- who led the Razorbacks' to a 27-10 thrashing of No. 2 Auburn today -- has elevated himself to being one of the prime candidates for upcoming head coaching vacancies after the 2006 season -- especially those expected at Miami, N.C. State (which we first reported several weeks ago) and Mississippi State."

Smells like jimmy sexton to me.
A ploy for some extra money and an extension.
When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you.

Count_Porkula

Quote from: Roadrunner on October 09, 2006, 02:05:10 pm
Hot off the rumor mill:

Sexton or not, he's totally earned it. He's put Arkansas on the football map.

Hong Kong Sooey

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

1. Mitch has expressed absolutely no desire to work with Dale.  He came here because Gus was hired as the OC.

2. DMac and Felix are certainly good reasons to stay.

3. If Houston "loves the helmet" so much, why did he run off to OSU when he lost his job?

4. The chances of HDN being named AD after dividing the state the way he has are negligible.  Also, very few ADs are ex-coaches these days.  Most people hire ADs who have come up through the Administration ranks.

allyoucaneatbuffet

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 09, 2006, 02:05:58 pm
Hot off the rumor mill:

Everytime i read your quotes and want to scream, i look at your avatar and laugh

THen, i realize SOME "Fans" actually believe the lines you say, and then i am sad.

Tusks

I hate to break it to HDN but coach you're not going to get the Miami job.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

hogs dont cry

Quote from: Richard_white on October 09, 2006, 02:00:38 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

All of them.

So you really think Nutt is leaving after the season?  Why in the world would Nutt leave for NC State or MSU and start all over?  The season's not over, but it looks like he's going to weather the storm and once he does this team is only going to get better in the next couple of years. 

I think you Nutt bashers waaaaay overestimate yourselves.  No way he goes to a crap hole like Starkville just to keep from hearing you guys bitch and moan.  There's too many huge pieces in place for a nice little run.

Richard_white

Quote from: hogs dont cry on October 09, 2006, 02:09:50 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

All of them.

So you really think Nutt is leaving after the season?

Yes

Idahog

Look at the advertisements on collegefootballtalk.com...  place seems more like the enquirer of college football.  I put about 2 cents worth of weight into what they are saying.  Nutt's behavior doesn't strike me as a person who will jump ship after earning a chance to stay on for next year, which arguably will be his best shot at getting something big, like a BCS bowl, plus he gets 2 million at the end of the season for his 10 year anniversary.

Long story short, CFT is a BS site, don't put any stock into what they say.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on October 09, 2006, 02:08:43 pm
Hot off the rumor mill:

Everytime i read your quotes and want to scream, i look at your avatar and laugh

THen, i realize SOME "Fans" actually believe the lines you say, and then i am sad.
If the Count is being sarcastic, then I salute him.  He never deviates from it, and it has to be hard to keep up that large of a charade even on the internet.

gohawgsgo

On the same page we are listed as USC's biggest win.  Guess we are getting more respect.  If we win the next three which we should, we should move up 4 or 5 spots just by notching to 7-1 and let some of those in front fall below.  This could sure be a great year.

Mike Shelton

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

exactly

wwwhogfan

Yawn......Nutt has his dream job.....end of story.

Hawgasaurus

Nutt is on a gravy train with biscuit wheels, ain't no way he's jumpin' off now... Unfortunately...
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

HogHillbilly

Nutt ain't going anywhere.............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

allyoucaneatbuffet

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

All of them.

So you really think Nutt is leaving after the season?  Why in the world would Nutt leave for NC State or MSU and start all over?  The season's not over, but it looks like he's going to weather the storm and once he does this team is only going to get better in the next couple of years. 

I think you Nutt bashers waaaaay overestimate yourselves.  No way he goes to a crap hole like Starkville just to keep from hearing you guys bitch and moan.  There's too many huge pieces in place for a nice little run.

ideas are copied from another post / other posters' opinions, but still true:

1-this is the first year of the '12game season', not 11, so ALL RECORDS ARE INFLATED -- a "special" 8 win season will start to get more ordinary as the ole misses and iowa states of the world can eek out 8 wins / 12.
2-of the 'seceastbig3', we have tenn this year AT HOME.  and we had VANDY.  next year?  year after? we trade that in for AWAY TENN, 2X TEBOWED FLORIDA, NO VANDY, + PERMANENT IMPROVING SOCAROLINA team... this is the "only year" for kicking tail in the seceast
3-secwest ain't as powerful as it used to be.. what i mean is, auburn is good, but we WON, and LSU we get IN LR!  Missstate/olemiss are HORRIBLE, no bowls, and Bama was losing at halftime to Duke.  if there is a year to win the west, this is it!
4-we lost terribly to USC.  but taht's ok b/c USC is seen as "perfect and godlike".  what happens when we lose our nc game vs texas or nebraska in a blowout?
5-expectations.  imagine we start the season at 17.  then lose HORRIBLY to usc.  then struggle vs vandy.. and bama.  and each time make the highlight reels.  then we beat auburn.  we are ranked, but WORSE than 17... rule of thumb: neverranked team beats auburn, neverranked rises up to polls;   oncerankedbutfailed team beats auburn, pollsters are hesitant....   we will start out ranked next year and expectations could be killer
6-national exposure fades- bama on cbs, lsu on cbs, auburn on national cbs & the EARLY GAME w/ highlights all day long.. this is exciting, but we are the "new kid on teh block".. soon we are west virginia that is 'last years exciting story'.

THIS IS NUTT'S 'SPECIAL YEAR'. HIS STOCK WILL NEVER BE HIGHER.  IF WE WIN 10, HE IS GONE, BC THE FUTURE ISN'T AS BRIGHT AS WE ALL WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

Qball

He won't ever leave.  Book it.

EastexHawg

Quote from: allyoucaneatbuffet on October 09, 2006, 02:19:10 pm

2) DMac and Felix

3) He loves the helmet

All of them.

ideas are copied from another post / other posters' opinions, but still true:

1-this is the first year of the '12game season', not 11, so ALL RECORDS ARE INFLATED -- a "special" 8 win season will start to get more ordinary as the ole misses and iowa states of the world can eek out 8 wins / 12.
2-of the 'seceastbig3', we have tenn this year AT HOME.  and we had VANDY.  next year?  year after? we trade that in for AWAY TENN, 2X TEBOWED FLORIDA, NO VANDY, + PERMANENT IMPROVING SOCAROLINA team... this is the "only year" for kicking tail in the seceast
3-secwest ain't as powerful as it used to be.. what i mean is, auburn is good, but we WON, and LSU we get IN LR!  Missstate/olemiss are HORRIBLE, no bowls, and Bama was losing at halftime to Duke.  if there is a year to win the west, this is it!
4-we lost terribly to USC.  but taht's ok b/c USC is seen as "perfect and godlike".  what happens when we lose our nc game vs texas or nebraska in a blowout?
5-expectations.  imagine we start the season at 17.  then lose HORRIBLY to usc.  then struggle vs vandy.. and bama.  and each time make the highlight reels.  then we beat auburn.  we are ranked, but WORSE than 17... rule of thumb: neverranked team beats auburn, neverranked rises up to polls;   oncerankedbutfailed team beats auburn, pollsters are hesitant....   we will start out ranked next year and expectations could be killer
6-national exposure fades- bama on cbs, lsu on cbs, auburn on national cbs & the EARLY GAME w/ highlights all day long.. this is exciting, but we are the "new kid on teh block".. soon we are west virginia that is 'last years exciting story'.

THIS IS NUTT'S 'SPECIAL YEAR'. HIS STOCK WILL NEVER BE HIGHER.  IF WE WIN 10, HE IS GONE, BC THE FUTURE ISN'T AS BRIGHT AS WE ALL WANT TO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!

I agree 100% with all of that...right up to the part about Nutt leaving.  Much as I hate to say it...NUTT WILL NEVER LEAVE.  I feel certain he just bought himself another three or four year free pass with the win over an overrated Auburn team that has played like crap for weeks, and continued the trend against us.

So, even though the SEC schedule gets tougher next year, Nutt is "in".  Even if he goes 3-5 in conference the next two years, his supporters (which, unfortunately, apparently include Lindsey and Broyles) will say, "hey, remember...HE BEAT THE SECOND RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION IN 2006!!!"

We are watching another Frank Broyles-like tenure at Arkansas in progress...without all the conference championships, top ten rankings, BCS equivalent bowls, and the national championship that Frank produced.

Nutt will be at Arkansas for another 20-30 years.  We are stuck with him, like it or not.

PulledPork

isn't it amasing that the Hugger don't feel that Nuttboi® deserves to be fired for a certain loss, but on the other hand, after a certain win he deserves an extension?

ya'll huggers are starting to smell like fumunda cheese!!

Pulled out...®

TOM "tbw1"

Hot off the rumor mill:

One game does not a program make.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HighonSwine

Only the pic of the day is worth taking away from that website. 

Hog Fan 51

Who does Jim Lindsey need to pay to take HDN off our hands?
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

BILLYBOB

He will leave at the end of this season.  Book it.  He's gone.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

brooks74

Until the end of the season, no one really knows for sure what will happen.  Book it!

williamsB

Can not blame HDN if he tells us to stick it after what I have seen here and if Shula gets thumped by Tenn and Auburn, I believe Alabama would LOVE coach Nutt (since he beat them and Auburn)

brooks74

Quote from: williamsB on October 09, 2006, 03:36:08 pm
Can not blame HDN if he tells us to stick it after what I have seen here and if Shula gets thumped by Tenn and Auburn, I believe Alabama would LOVE coach Nutt (since he beat them and Auburn)

So, you don't think he deserves any heat after leading us to the heights of a 4-7 and 5-6 season the last two years? 

Hogs are jinxed by HDN

He put Arkansas on the map what are you talking about we have gone to weak bowl games lost to UNLV in a bowl and lost to USC by a total of 99 pts. But he put Arkansas on the map

PAHog

There's too many huge pieces in place for a nice little run.

Have to agree with this assessment.  I just don't see Nutt making more than a lateral move in pay or prestige unless he wins the SEC.  Much more likely he'll want to be here for Mustain's Junior campaign and McFadden and/or Jones' senior year(s).
Darksider Since October 2003...We are victorious!