Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

More SOUR GRAPES.....I just love it...

Started by Hawgdawgrain, October 09, 2006, 08:25:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgdawgrain

Why did I laugh out loud on this one?

Quarterback Mitch Mustain threw what amounted to a jump ball as Auburn safety Aairon Savage drilled him. Monk, 6-6, who was behind cornerback Jonothon Wilhite, plucked the ball and took off as Wilhite hit the ground.

Monk and Wilhite had contact but no penalty was called.

Monk said he leaped over Wilhite to make the play. Wilhite said Monk pushed him to get to the ball.

Cornerback David Irons, who watched the play unfold from the other side of the field, said the Auburn defense rarely gives up such a big play.

"It shocked me," Irons said. "It should have been offensive pass interference but it wasn't [called ]."
[/b]

:-X

Count_Porkula

It does show that Tubs is instilling in his team the same ability to whine and cry. I'm surprised they didn't talk about having a playoff while they were crying about officiating.

Honestly, all the number 2 team in America had to do was not be dominated in every phase of the game Saturday.

Unbelievable.

RazorWire

Irons and Co. are about to get rude awaking part II this weekend at Florida ...

Inigo Montoya

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on October 09, 2006, 08:25:12 am

Quarterback Mitch Mustain threw what amounted to a jump ball as Auburn safety Aairon Savage drilled him. Monk, 6-6, who was behind cornerback Jonothon Wilhite, plucked the ball and took off as Wilhite hit the ground.

Monk said he leaped over Wilhite to make the play. Wilhite said Monk pushed him to get to the ball.

Cornerback David Irons, who watched the play unfold from the other side of the field, said the Auburn defense rarely gives up such a big play.

“It shocked me,” Irons said. “It should have been offensive pass interference but it wasn’t [called ].”
[/b]

Monk didn't have to do much leaping.  The guy was about foot and a half shorter.  wee little man cry me a river

Hawgz4Life

Aairon Savage did everything but steal Monk's wallet during that play. The officials didn't call it becasue Marcus overpowered the pass interference and caught the ball for a TD. Officials know a not to mess up a thing of beauty when they see it. They did the right thing.

doo-ran

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on October 09, 2006, 08:42:30 am
Aairon Savage did everything but steal Monk's wallet during that play. The officials didn't call it becasue Marcus overpowered the pass interference and caught the ball for a TD. Officials know a not to mess up a thing of beauty when they see it. They did the right thing.
Yep.

Anson Marlow

Quote from: Hawgdawgrain on October 09, 2006, 08:25:12 am

“It shocked me,” Irons said. “It should have been offensive pass interference but it wasn’t [called ].”
[/b]

If that is the case it makes up for the phantom holding calls that derailed us in 2003.
/list]

Hollywood_HOGan

if there was interference, it was on THEIR guy.

Just a great play by Monk.

Patch

Both of the Irons brothers are two of the biggest damn babies I've ever seen. It's like the bully that gets the crap beat out of him on the playground and then complains that those right jabs that bloodied his nose were cheap shots.

I've seen that play 10 times now, and Aubbie's defender initiated the contact when he stiff armed Monk in the chest. Any additional contact was equal between the two players, and Monk made a great play.

Tubberville, please tell your players babies: WE HAVE NO EXCUSES. ARKANSAS THOROUGHLY KICKED OUR ASS IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME. THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM. PLEASE STOP MAKING ASININE COMMENTS TO THE MEDIA AS IT ONLY MAKES US LOOK WORSE. Thanks.

Sdalehogfan

Quote from: Hawgz4Life on October 09, 2006, 08:42:30 am

Agreed.  I don't think Savage ever saw the ball and was laying all over Monk.  

ComeonHogs!!!

I recorded the play and looked at several times in slow mo. I love tevo! It was good coverage until the ball was in the air as monk made his move for the ball  savage did all he could to try and use his body to keep monk from going where he needed to get to. monk being able to see the ball coming was no match for savage who still had not picked up the flight of the ball. play over 6 points.
State Pride!!!

big boes

Quote from: Patch on October 09, 2006, 08:49:19 am
Both of the Irons brothers are two of the biggest damn babies I've ever seen. It's like the bully that gets the crap beat out of him on the playground and then complains that those right jabs that bloodied his nose were cheap shots.

I've seen that play 10 times now, and Aubbie's defender initiated the contact when he stiff armed Monk in the chest. Any additional contact was equal between the two players, and Monk made a great play.

Tubberville, please tell your players babies: WE HAVE NO EXCUSES. ARKANSAS THOROUGHLY KICKED OUR ASS IN EVERY PHASE OF THE GAME. THEY WERE THE BETTER TEAM. PLEASE STOP MAKING ASININE COMMENTS TO THE MEDIA AS IT ONLY MAKES US LOOK WORSE. Thanks.

believe it or not tuberville has been telling the media that auburn got thoroughly outplayed and outcoached.  on the tt show last night he said that arkansas was the better team, running at will on offense and stuffing the run on defense.  i didn't hear a single whine.  even during the highlight of monk he said it was a big play and monk made it.  and even during the post-game speech to the players he said that "those guys over there" came in a whipped our tails.

hogsanity

The thing was Monk had the guy beat so bad that only the fact that it was underthrown ( understandably due to the free safty right in Mustains face ) kept Monk anywhere near the guy to start with. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Patch

Quote from: big boes on October 09, 2006, 08:54:37 am

believe it or not tuberville has been telling the media that auburn got thoroughly outplayed and outcoached.  on the tt show last night he said that arkansas was the better team, running at will on offense and stuffing the run on defense.  i didn't hear a single whine.  even during the highlight of monk he said it was a big play and monk made it.  and even during the post-game speech to the players he said that "those guys over there" came in a whipped our tails.

I agree with you, Tubby has been quite complimentary in his statements. I just wish he'd tell his players to stop acting like 5th grade girls (no offense to 5th grade girls), and accept the fact that they got whipped. Both of the Irons brothers are going out of their way to avoid giving credit to our guys.

Inigo Montoya

hogsNbeer

Quote from: Count_Porkula on October 09, 2006, 08:28:46 am
It does show that Tubs is instilling in his team the same ability to whine and cry. I'm surprised they didn't talk about having a playoff while they were crying about officiating.

Honestly, all the number 2 team in America had to do was not be dominated in every phase of the game Saturday.

Unbelievable.

I've read many on this board whining and crying over officiating.......  and how it has lost us games, so dont' go lambasting others when they do it...   Tell you the truth, on that very play I thought for sure one of the players was going to get called for interference...... but maybe, they didnt' because there was so much contact from both players.....I don't know......

chillinhoggie

Quote from: Patch on October 09, 2006, 08:59:09 am

I agree with you, Tubby has been quite complimentary in his statements. I just wish he'd tell his players to stop acting like 5th grade girls (no offense to 5th grade girls), and accept the fact that they got whipped. Both of the Irons brothers are going out of their way to avoid giving credit to our guys.
[/quoteYeah I read that post last night where KI said he "wasn't impressed" with Dmac....what about Felix? Kenny, you impressed with his game? it was better than yours too.

hoghevn

If you watch a replay of the play you will see Monk's jersey being pulled down under his chin where the Auburn defender grabbed him as Monk was trying to run down the field.  His jersey is pulled down  so far you can see Monk's pads.  I agree COMPLETELY with Hawgz4Life, Monk was absolutely MAULED on this play and I was stunned a flag was not thrown.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: hoghevn on October 09, 2006, 09:27:01 am
If you watch a replay of the play you will see Monk's jersey being pulled down under his chin where the Auburn defender grabbed him as Monk was trying to run down the field.  His jersey is pulled down  so far you can see Monk's pads.  I agree COMPLETELY with Hawgz4Life, Monk was absolutely MAULED on this play and I was stunned a flag was not thrown.

I agree...That's what I was saying...but I also saw Monk's hands on the defender too.....and maybe that's why there was no call...both were going at it........ I'm just glad we got a TD out of the deal.......

Hawgdawgrain

Tubs has been straight up...

His players have not which was the point in the original post.

I wonder what goes on between Coach and players after the coach reads some things like this. Does he say, "Quit b*tchen' to the media, you're making us look bad!"

Would love to be a fly on the wall and catch some o' dat action this week!!!

GO HOGS......all the way to Atlanta!

Corkscrew Johnson

+1, i totally agree.  at least someone on their team has accountability.  if only their players and fans could take the cue...  

HogHeathen

I recorded the game and watched that play over and over, IF ANYTHING Monk was interfeared with first.

hogfancb

Quote from: RazorWire ® on October 09, 2006, 08:38:48 am
Irons and Co. are about to get rude awaking part II this weekend at Florida ...

The game is in Auburn( Arkansas House )!

DoubleJ

October 09, 2006, 10:19:52 am #24 Last Edit: October 09, 2006, 10:33:55 am by HoopHog
despite getting destroyed.  Kenny Irons - "It's difficult knowing you lost to a team that's not that great.  They're not Georgia, Florida, or LSU."  DT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

Does anyone else enjoy hearing this stuff.  We blew them up and still get no respect. 

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3444

hogsanity

Quote from: DoubleJ on October 09, 2006, 10:19:52 am
despite getting destroyed.  Kenny Irons - "It's difficult knowing you lost to a team that's not that great.  They're not Georgia, Florida, or LSU."  DT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

Does anyone else enjoy hearing this stuff.  We blew them up and still get no respect. 

http://www.arsnonline.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=3444

Those quotes just make it look like they suck as players then because they could not beat this team thats not on the level of GA or Fla or Lsu. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Count_Porkula

How will they rationalize it when the don't go to the sec title game I wonder?

tobs54

I am also pretty sure that they did not "dominate" the line of scrimmage.

HogBaptist

Quote from: hogsanity on October 09, 2006, 10:21:02 am

Those quotes just make it look like they suck as players then because they could not beat this team thats not on the level of GA or Fla or Lsu. 

he's an idiot...They dominated the line of scrimmage??  What game was he watching??  He's like that little kid that gets whooped at basketball by his little brother......sore loser i guess.

hogsNbeer

Quote from: tobs54 on October 09, 2006, 10:21:58 am
I am also pretty sure that they did not "dominate" the line of scrimmage.

Either side....... They got pounded...... and having a hard time taking it.......  This is great...

help-us-butch

irons and auburn have both been exposed the past two weeks and they know it, they are a good team, but way overrated
they are also calling for TT head, this would be a good year for him to stick it to them, and be welcomed to fayetteville with open arms :razorback:

Mr. Prozac

It must suck knowing you suck worse than the "mediocre" team that just handed you your hats.

Apathy

Yeah, you guys keep thinking you're the number 2 team in the nation, then Florida will stride in there next week, do it to you again, and we will walk with the SEC west. Thanks for playing, Auburn.

99aubie

18-21 year-old kids usually speak before they think.

as a collective whole, the fan base was impressed with the a$$ whipping dished out on Saturday.

The zip code to mail Auburn's manhood back is 36830 and can you please overnight that?  We have Florida rolling into town this weekend.  We'll pay for the shipping.

Nice game and good luck the rest of the way.

HUNGLOWHOG

cry me a river  :P :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

WooieSooie

If they were so dominant on the line of scrimmage, how come DMac didn't get touched on his little touchdown stroll?   :razorback:
It's all fun and games until someone gets shot in the leg selling drugs trying to make money to buy RAZORBACK tickets!

Nutts and Bolts

When I was in Jr High, I use to beat up little punks like Irons... He is weak
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

HogHillbilly

They're just trying to justify getting their arses handed to 'em at home...............

Let 'em talk smack....................They will sing a different toon this Saturday when Florida does it to 'em again !
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Mr. Prozac

DT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

S. Marks: 2 solo tackles, 1 assist--against a team that rushed the ball 45 times. I guess we ran away from his side except for 3 plays.

GuvHog

Quote from: HoopHog on October 09, 2006, 10:33:19 am
Actually...these are quotes from one player.

If you had read or heard the quotes from Coach Tubberville, or read quotes from Cox or some of the other Auburn players, you would have notived that many of them demonstrated HUGE respect for the Hogs and our victory. 

I am editing the title of this thread, bubba.

We have received a lot of respect from them, Walter Camp, the AP poll, Coaches poll and many other well wishers from other schools.  Keep things in perspective.

Agreed. TT said "We were out played and outcoached."
Knowing the talented assistants that TT has, That's a shocking statement.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Junkyard Hog

Good, because I was not impressed with him.

wwwhogfan

Big deal, take back the TD and we only win by 10......what would they cry about then.  Oh, I know.  DMac was wearing an illegal steel plate that provided extra elusiveness.  Ok, take back that TD too and we still win. 

They can't just say "we got our heads handed to us"

Snouty

How dare the Razorbacks beat the #2 Auburn Tigers at Auburn by 27-10.
It's just not fair to Auburn.  Boo Hoo Hoo.

DeltaBoy

Let's here the Whine after the Urban Renewal comes to town!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Amityvillehogger

they really dominated the line of scrimmage allowing, not one, but two 100 yard rushers on the day. And what did their guy have, 75yds?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

BloodTypeORANGEandBLUE

from our players.  

We expect to win and lose with dignity.

These types of responses don't go over well with us, and hopefully somebody will get hold of them and straighten 'em out.

http://mb27.scout.com/fauburnfrm2.showMessage?topicID=139283.topic

War Eagle!!! BT:OB+

Razorhogs

Kenny Irons... The 3rd best back in the SEC right behind DMac and Jones!

judgeroyswine

Kenny Irons - "It's difficult knowing you lost to a team that's not that great.  They're not Georgia, Florida, or LSU." 

Kenny Irons = Senior
DMac & Felix = Sophomores

This is a case of realizing you are not only not the best running back in the SEC, but more experienced, yet less effective.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

SpareRib

QuoteDT Sen'Derrick Marks - "We were the better team.  We dominated the line of scrimmage.  They just have great backs."

Can't wait for him to watch the game film with Tuberville.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

TechHog

The Hogs dished out a good ol' fashioned butt whoopin' Saturday.  The whole defense gave up in the end of the 3rd quarter.  I honestly think they wanted us to run the ball and keep the clock running to end the misery.  Giving up 7-8 yards a pop up the middle sure says you're the better team.  Anyway the Hogs beat AU up on both sides of the ball and brought their manhood back to Fayettnam.  

Go Hogs WPS!!!!