Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HUNH today????

Started by dana caldwell, October 07, 2006, 07:30:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dana caldwell

gentlemen,

from a PM i saw before signing off:

I have to admit, I get a good kick out of your bait posts.  It never fails that someone has to bite and make an ass of themselves.

mostly just jerking your chains. i plan on going up for the tennessee game. if so, i'll be at the hogville tailgate. come by and we can have a beer together or get mad at each other.

it's all good.

GHG!

warthog4

October 08, 2006, 08:54:12 pm #301 Last Edit: October 08, 2006, 08:57:23 pm by warthog4

Actually...  any objective person reading this would think that you come off looking not so hot.  You are constantly reminding us you are a real live bonafide reporter and all but anyone who resorts to the ole "spelling and grammer" argument while having mistakes in their own posts......    well lets just say that you got burned.  BIG TIME.

And the game itself would indicate that your original post is suspect at best and completely bogus at worst.  I don't know which.  But either way you don't look so hot.  And the only thing you have to hang your hat on is that we didn't run the HUNH.  But that info could be had from any of the talk shows and newpapers from the last two weeks?  Do you really expect any intelligent person to believe that a gameplan and execution like this weekends could come from a staff in the kind of disarray that you describe?  Do you really expect us to believe that Broyles would just "sit there" in a meeting with those kind of fireworks going off?  Sorry man.  You come off like a smug arrogant person who knows they have been exposed and tries to cover it up by being more smug and arrogant.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: mckinneyhog on October 08, 2006, 07:50:07 pm
Quote from: excoach on October 08, 2006, 01:05:55 pm
Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 08, 2006, 10:22:16 am
Dana, most of these goobers think the HUNH is a wide open spread passing offense.  They don't understand that HUNH means that you don't huddle and give the opposing defense time to get their defense called and even less time to get into their alignments and that you can do it from the I-formation,  shotgun single back or split back formation or the freakin' Wing T if that's what you do.

I think if we'd run the exact same plays from the HUNH yesterday,  we'd have had Auburn even more on their heels and would have racked up more points and beaten them even worse than we did.  We didn't need to pass the ball yesterday against that defense in the second half.  I believe if we had run at them with the HUNH we'd have scored at least 2 more touchdowns.

You'll have to be patient,  some of these guys aren't very bright.

very nice post. HUNH doesnt mean hurry up and throw the ball, like some here think it means. The HUNH is a weapon, a tool, an advantage to the offense. Hog fans, look at what Missouri and West Virginia are doing with it.

Why use the HUNH offense right now when things are going just fine.  Alot of people do understand the HUNH offense and the advantages it will produce.  If Arkansas wins the SEC West, what are you going to say then?  Being an ex-coach, and I am assuming this, you sure don't make alot of since sometimes.  How do you know the HUNH would not have backfired, and maybe, just maybe, we throw 2 interceptions, in which makes the game a whole lot closer.  Be happy with how things are going now.  The HUNH offense will come in time. 

I can see from your response that you have a serious reading comprehension deficit.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

craigr417

Dana,

Gus can argue for the hunh all he wants to, but if the players can't execute it, it's a mute point.  I wish you would understand this.  You have no credability anymore Dana, I live in Missouri and I have more sources than you do.  Gus's main goal for this year was to bring balance to the offense, no way is a first year offensive cord. going to get everything he wants, I'm sorry it just doesn't happen.  If you all think for one second that he has power over a head coach your crazy...  Please quit spreading hate,  let's get on with rooting the hogs, and quit being so devisive.

David Brent

Let's all agree to disagree and and just see what happens the rest of the season.  

One thing we can all agree on is that the HOGS ARE 3-0 in the SEC and we have bragging rights all week long baby!!

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 08, 2006, 08:51:54 pm
For everyone who doubts Dana's sources are legit...please take it up with one of the Admins.  Every person who lists a source has to make that information available to the Admins on this board.  If you doubt the Admins, you are probably posting on the wrong board. 

As to the HUNH, it was not used on Saturday.  Period.  Just as Dana said.  Period.  The information regarding the game planning meeting is born out by the events on the field (i.e. no HUNH, Gus obviously in charge of the O, Houston not spazzing out, etc).  If you did not see this and doubt it, that is your right.  It does not make you right, just opinionated.  If you don't like Dana personally, that is your right also...but attacking him as a reporter and a man on an internet message board shows you for a coward and a jerk. 

Smite away!!

Why would this make myself and others cowards or jerks?  I don't believe anyone of us said that we didn't like Dana, as I for one don't know him.  I believe we just don't agree with him, in which is our opinion.  I also believe Dana attacked us also, so does that make him a coward or jerk?  Please don't make assumptions when you don't know me, or the others personally.   

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 08, 2006, 09:01:32 pm
Dana, most of these goobers think the HUNH is a wide open spread passing offense.  They don't understand that HUNH means that you don't huddle and give the opposing defense time to get their defense called and even less time to get into their alignments and that you can do it from the I-formation,  shotgun single back or split back formation or the freakin' Wing T if that's what you do.

I think if we'd run the exact same plays from the HUNH yesterday,  we'd have had Auburn even more on their heels and would have racked up more points and beaten them even worse than we did.  We didn't need to pass the ball yesterday against that defense in the second half.  I believe if we had run at them with the HUNH we'd have scored at least 2 more touchdowns.

very nice post. HUNH doesnt mean hurry up and throw the ball, like some here think it means. The HUNH is a weapon, a tool, an advantage to the offense. Hog fans, look at what Missouri and West Virginia are doing with it.

Why use the HUNH offense right now when things are going just fine.  Alot of people do understand the HUNH offense and the advantages it will produce.  If Arkansas wins the SEC West, what are you going to say then?  Being an ex-coach, and I am assuming this, you sure don't make alot of since sometimes.  How do you know the HUNH would not have backfired, and maybe, just maybe, we throw 2 interceptions, in which makes the game a whole lot closer.  Be happy with how things are going now.  The HUNH offense will come in time. 

I can see from your response that you have a serious reading comprehension deficit.
Reading comprehension seems to be in short supply on this thread...

BloodRedHog

God, delete or lock this thread! There has not been anything of substance for the last 3 pages...
Handling all your mortgage and home financing needs...

hOUSTon NUTT

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 08, 2006, 10:39:44 am
Quote from: dana caldwell on October 08, 2006, 10:34:56 am
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on October 08, 2006, 10:26:09 am
Quote from: Earl on October 08, 2006, 10:11:21 am
Quote from: Chinese Emperor on October 08, 2006, 10:00:31 am
Quote from: dana caldwell on October 08, 2006, 09:17:13 am
Quote from: pigfoot on October 08, 2006, 09:12:43 am
Per usual, Mr. Caldwell made much ado about nothing.  He can claim to be right about saying we wouldn't probably see the HUNH.  Who cares?  If we can play the rest of them like we played yesterday, I don't care if we never see the HUNH.  Based on what I saw on the sidelines yesterday, there is absolutely no credible evidence that the coaching staff is in disarray.

brilliant post, per usual.

ever see a coaching staff "in disarray" while leading the no. 2 team in the country from start to finish?

take a hike and enjoy the win like most normal folks.

Well you're the one who started all this with another of your cryptic "inside sources" scoop on the coaching staff.  I'm  beginning to think you're just a PO'd beat writer for the Hogs who isn't doing it any more for whatever reason...and that would be an interesting reason to find out...just trying to stir up hate and discontent. 

If all the tripe you invent was true, I just find it inconceivable that the team would be united, that the team would be improving, that the recruiting would be going as well as it has so far.

Bottomline, you're the ultimate divisive element here...not HDN and crew.

I think you just nailed Caldwell perfectly...
I think you boys need to work on reading comprehension.  This thread was about the HUNH and whether it would be used.  It wasn't, it hasn't.  This thread also had an undertone of HDN vs Gus, with a sub plot of Big Jim slapping HDN down.  The game yesterday backed that up well.  Gus was obviously in charge of the O. You cannot truthfully name a time we have been that aggressive in our playcalling.  You cannot truthfully name a taime we have continued to be aggressive after we take a lead.  That is not Houston.  Gus = aggression.  The game plan was already in place, and Gus made it work.  We saw everything Dana posted proven on the field yesterday.  Now we wait to see if Houston uses this to take control back from Gus...if he does, we go back to needing luck to win.

exactly. BTW, it seems that lindsey DID step in, just too late to run the HUNH. that's what i've been told and u could tell in the first half play calls and in the mostly professional sideline demeanor that nutt was put on notice.

we could see the HUNH next week.

It was clear to me from the opening drive.  Arkansas under HDN has never shown an aggressive instinct.  Thank you Big Jim for stepping in and allowing Gus to do his job.  I feel upbeat for the first time in a long time, and the win yesterday is only a small part of it. 

Here's hoping for the HUNH next week!

Never shown an aggressive streak?  Ummm...do you watch football or just post?  We looked pretty aggressive in the game.  In fact, everyone who plays us comments on how aggressive we are. 

Boner

This may be the most petty thread I've ever seen.  Spelling and grammar smack?  Seriously?  On a sports message board?  People usually resort to that when they've got nothing to come back with.

How old are some of you?

mckinneyhog

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 08, 2006, 09:01:32 pm

And what makes you believe that?  My opinion makes much more sense than the ones above it.  You must be a Dana hugger.