Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HUNH today????

Started by dana caldwell, October 07, 2006, 07:30:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dana caldwell

October 07, 2006, 07:30:31 am Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 08:11:44 am by dana caldwell
from a VERY good source (and the same story has come from others to several i much respect): there were meetings LAST week. malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on monday. on tuesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

reportedly, JFB just sat there silent.

lindsey, who, according to this source, is firmly in malzahn's camp these days for several reasons, was alerted. we can't confirm this part, but many of us believe lindsey stepped in, and if he did, we don't know if he was successful in helping malzahn get more of his way for today's game.

sometime after that, one of the UA assistants began telling anyone who would listen that the hybrid talk for auburn is a smokescreen. that would jibe with nutt being over-ruled. or it could be just more nonsense.

so u won't be just watching a game today. what sort of offense is run will tell you a lot.

g.lynn

HDN is all about the title and not about the job.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

There is nothing wrong with the Hogs, that cannot be cured by what is right with the Hogs!

idochog

If Lindsey and Broyles keep HDN after this year they deserve some serious wrath.

HDN has obviously overstayed his welcome and did so w/ Lindsey and Broyles help.
I love Jesus!

hogstorm

Quote from: dana caldwell on October 07, 2006, 07:30:31 am
from a VERY good source (and the same story has come from others to several i much respect): there were meetings LAST week. malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on tuesday. on wednesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

lindsey, who, according to this source, is firmly in malzahn's camp these days for several reasons, was alerted. we can't confirm this part, but many of us believe lindsey stepped in, and if he did, we don't know if he was successful in helping malzahn get more of his way for today's game.

sometime after that, one of the UA assistants began telling anyone who would listen that the hybrid talk for auburn is a smokescreen. that would jibe with nutt being over-ruled. or it could be just more nonsense.

so u won't be just watching a game today. what sort of offense is run will tell you a lot.

what do you think the chances are malzahn/lindsey won?  and i would assume if we dont see it much more today we probably wont see it much more the rest of the year?

WilsonHog

Quote from: hogstorm on October 07, 2006, 07:42:13 am
and i would assume if we dont see it much more today we probably wont see it much more the rest of the year?

That's a pretty good bet. We missed a chance to use it against Utah State, and it looks like we'll miss the chance to use it today after an open date.

This is going to be a very interesting day.

idochog

October 07, 2006, 07:46:35 am #5 Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:51:43 am by dana caldwell
HDN may just say screw you, im running my offense.

Im almost ready for that stubborn, non-D1 coaching idiot HDN to buck Lindsey so they will want to get rid of him.

I love Jesus!

idochog

I really hope HDN wins the TOP today if we lose the game and then hopefully the media will blister HDN with headlines such as:

"Time of possession loses again"
I love Jesus!

dana caldwell

from a VERY good source (and the same story has come from others to several i much respect): there were meetings LAST week. malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on tuesday. on wednesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

what do you think the chances are malzahn/lindsey won?  and i would assume if we dont see it much more today we probably wont see it much more the rest of the year?

unfortunately, i don't think the chances of HUNH today are good as they apparently haven't been working on it these past TWO weeks and now there's talk of mustain getting Dicked in the first half.

but we'll just have to wait and see.

what a cluster.

hogstorm

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2006, 07:45:10 am
and i would assume if we dont see it much more today we probably wont see it much more the rest of the year?

That's a pretty good bet. We missed a chance to use it against Utah State, and it looks like we'll miss the chance to use it today after an open date.

yep...its like the final battle of good vs evil.  whoever wins/won todays battle has likely won the war (for this year at least).  on the bright side... there is a chance good won out.  i might cry (out of joy) if we won the coin toss and elect to recieve!

dana caldwell

Quote from: idochog on October 07, 2006, 07:46:35 am

Im almost ready for that stubborn, non-D1 coaching idiot HDN to buck Lindsey so they will want to get rid of him.

i think that tie has now been cut. i also believe with the new info leaking out that nutt has been allowed this season -- and only this season -- to audition for another job. problem is, that's messing everything up for one man's benefit (yet again).

Hugehogsfan

malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on tuesday. on wednesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

Not that I don't believe you Dana, but I believe Gus to be a man of integrity and I can't believe that he would just sit there and let that happen.  Now I will say that he may have insight into what is really going to happen at the end of the year, but if it were me and someone said that to me, I might have to "take my ball and go home."

idochog

This is the typical HDN pucker factor we see when he plays a bigtime opponent.

HDN wants to go ultra-conservative, ball-control and we get our butts handed to us in the process b/c we play tentative then HDN wants to try and turn it on in the 4th qtr, problem is we are usually down 30 by that point.
I love Jesus!

WilsonHog

Quote from: dana caldwell on October 07, 2006, 07:53:46 am

i think that tie has now been cut. i also believe with the new info leaking out that nutt has been allowed this season -- and only this season -- to audition for another job. problem is, that's messing everything up for one man's benefit (yet again).

If I knew this was gonna be Nutt's last season at UA, we could run the single wing and I wouldn't care.

longtimeHogfan

"never, as long as I'm the head coach."

HDN is just an arrogant putz.  And what was Frank doing?  GM was his choice for OC why would he just sit there? 

Dale needs to walk away from this program, now.  Take what's left of his stale persona and just get out of Dodge.  Unfortunately, the NC St. job probably is not open now with their win over FL St.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on October 07, 2006, 07:57:24 am
malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on tuesday. on wednesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

Not that I don't believe you Dana, but I believe Gus to be a man of integrity and I can't believe that he would just sit there and let that happen.  Now I will say that he may have insight into what is really going to happen at the end of the year, but if it were me and someone said that to me, I might have to "take my ball and go home."

That would be career suicide in the collegiate ranks.

His next employer would understand Gus having to work under impossible circumstances this year. That school would not understand Gus just walking away four games into a 12 game season.

idochog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2006, 07:58:16 am

If I knew this was gonna be Nutt's last season at UA, we could run the single wing and I wouldn't care.

I agree but I feel really bad for Mustain and the Springdale bunch, they were used to keep HDN at the end of last year and are being used to let him audition for another coaching job.  Those guys only have 4 years of eligibility and it frankly pisses me off that HDN is using them in that way.

Doesnt look like the "Well, HDN is a good man" argument holds any water to me.
I love Jesus!

dana caldwell

i think we've all had to swallow our pride in order to continue working for idiots. malzahn is not a hot college commodity at this point (hell, he can't even install his offense). if he were to just walk away from his first college job (on the heels of HS only experience) it would be career suicide no matter the context.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2006, 07:58:16 am

That is the sad part, to a certain extent I don't either and that is pathetic. 

dana caldwell

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 07, 2006, 07:59:24 am
"never, as long as I'm the head coach."

HDN is just an arrogant putz.  And what was Frank doing?  GM was his choice for OC why would he just sit there? 

Dale needs to walk away from this program, now.  Take what's left of his stale persona and just get out of Dodge.  Unfortunately, the NC St. job probably is not open now with their win over FL St.

a win over FSU these days isn't saying much.

but regardless of NC State, the NC job will be open.

longtimeHogfan

Let's look on the bright side...maybe today is the day we see Dale on the sidelines with no earphones, MM running the hunh and the birth of Arkansas' coming out party!!

GO HOG'S!!
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

IMAballHawg

Dana your clearly a credible poster and I believe you only post when you feel your sources are credible.
However,  I find it hard to believe that Nutt would be that direct with Gus given how versed he is in 'political speak' with phrases like "a special player" to describe someone who is not really good, etc.

I want a different head coach because of his inept coaching, but his character and treatment of others has, for the most part, always been respectful.   Nutt hardly ever says ultimatems or absolutes, like a good politician he talks in generalities.   He might have said "We need to ease into the HUNH and a transition like that takes time and practice".  Him saying "it will never happen" just does not sound like Nutt.

How firm is your source as far as an exact quote of what Nutt said?
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

idochog

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on October 07, 2006, 08:05:28 am
Let's look on the bright side...maybe today is the day we see Dale on the sidelines with no earphones, MM running the hunh and the birth of Arkansas' coming out party!!

GO HOG'S!!

I doubt it, I think HDN is trying to pull a "I told you so" and he thinks in his simple mind he is impressing everyone if he wins 8 games doing it his way.  Based on our schedule and 9 yrs into his tenure, 8 wins is far from impressive to me.
I love Jesus!

TDHog

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2006, 07:45:10 am
and i would assume if we don't see it much more today we probably wont see it much more the rest of the year?

"We missed a chance to use it against Utah State"  That is exactly right, we had a perfect setup to bring in the HUNH.  Utah State (who we could beat with the option), Vandy (slightly increasing difficulty on the road), then Alabama (big time test at home).  Had went went with the HUNH at Utah State we would now have had it in place for 5 weeks!  If Mitch gets yanked for Dick in this sorry hybrid O and we burn a year of eligibility I will have no more defence for Nutt's lunacy.  I am now a darksid (3/4 way to darksider) if today's game goes as described I will be fully entrenched in the darkside and will pledge my allegiance to the 5% club.

Go Hogs!

007 License To Squeal

If Nutt really said that, then there is no question that he is in violation of NCAA "Package Deals" rules..........He needs to be forced out TODAY!!!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 07, 2006, 08:00:16 am

That would be career suicide in the collegiate ranks.

His next employer would understand Gus having to work under impossible circumstances this year. That school would not understand Gus just walking away four games into a 12 game season.

I know, I was speaking from my point of view, obviously he can't do that.  It just frustrates you that he and his kids were promised certain things and NONE of them are coming true, especially if Dick plays a lot today.  I mean things are coming unravelled and I am apathetic now. 

hog_fan

October 07, 2006, 08:11:51 am #25 Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 10:15:14 am by hog_fan
So it is Nutt's idea to play Mitch and now he is already planning on pulling him? Frank Broyles must go. He is the problem. He could have stepped in and put a stop to this. Let's hope Lindsey is only one that keeps word and steps in.

hoggerdinger

Funny how this happened last week and its just beginning to surface the morning before the game.  I don't fall for it.  Sorry.
If they 2 weeks to plan for Auburn, do you really believe that staff would take the week off from making a gameplan?  Suddenly they all realized that they needed a plan so HDN vetoed Gus's plan?  All alone?  FB was in the room like Jr. Soprano quietly smoking his cigar telling HDN to make him an offer he couldn't refuse?
And one of your "VERY" good sources knows these things?  PROVE IT.

dana caldwell

Quote from: IMAballHawg on October 07, 2006, 08:06:28 am
Dana your clearly a credible poster and I believe you only post when you feel your sources are credible.
However,  I find it hard to believe that Nutt would be that direct with Gus given how versed he is in 'political speak' with phrases like "a special player" to describe someone who is not really good, etc.

I want a different head coach because of his inept coaching, but his character and treatment of others has, for the most part, always been respectful.   Nutt hardly ever says ultimatems or absolutes, like a good politician he talks in generalities.   He might have said "We need to ease into the HUNH and a transition like that takes time and practice".  Him saying "it will never happen" just does not sound like Nutt.

How firm is your source as far as an exact quote of what Nutt said?

VERY firm.

and the nutt u see and hear in public is not at all the real one. almost any reporter who covers the hogs will tell u that.

Hugehogsfan

Quote from: hoggerdinger on October 07, 2006, 08:12:40 am

Funny how this happened last week and its just beginning to surface the morning before the game.  I don't fall for it.  Sorry.
If they 2 weeks to plan for Auburn, do you really believe that staff would take the week off from making a gameplan?  Suddenly they all realized that they needed a plan so HDN vetoed Gus's plan?  All alone?  FB was in the room like Jr. Soprano quietly smoking his cigar telling HDN to make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

The sad part is hoggerdinger is that most of the predictions that Dana has made have been true and confirmed by others on this board and in the paper and on the field.   So you can not believe it all you want, but all of it seems to be coming true. 

Sonofahog

Dale -  "never,  as long as I am head coach:
JL  -  "we need to talk about that"
Dale -  "okay,  we can run it some"

What a wuss.  Go away Nutt.
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

dana caldwell

believe what u will. i certainly have no reason to go out of my way to "prove" something to u.

but the meetings were not THIS week. they were LAST week.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Hugehogsfan on October 07, 2006, 08:16:40 am

The sad part is hoggerdinger is that most of the predictions that Dana has made have been true and confirmed by others on this board and in the paper and on the field.   So you can not believe it all you want, but all of it seems to be coming true. 

thank u, sir. and trust me, i hate this crap. i cannot wait until this time next year when there is a staff in place that i can take pride in and my thots are on the dadgum game and not continued lunacy.

Hollywood_HOGan

October 07, 2006, 08:23:44 am #32 Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 08:32:23 am by Hollywood_HOGan
from a VERY good source (and the same story has come from others to several i much respect): there were meetings LAST week. malzahn's gameplan was vetoed yet again on monday. on tuesday, JFB sat in on a meeting with nutt and malzahn and wood, i think. malzahn asked when the HUNH would be allowed and nutt replied: "never, as long as i'm the head coach."

Wouldnt surprise me one bit if all of that was true.

Nutt is freakin disgusting.

If Mitch gets pulled for Casey in the first half, Im gonna go ballistic. I really hope that doesnt happen.

Im trying to stay positive just because the game is less the 2.5 hours away but all this info is really disturbing.

Jim

dana,

Thanks for the update.  The one thing that worries me is this...

If this meeting went down the way you said it was relayed to you, don't you think that this source would be quickly identified?  If it's a meeting with HDN, Gus, Alex and all the offensive coaches there, wouldn't it not take much to figure out who leaked this info?

I'd think that with this report getting out on the internet, someone up on the Hill is gonna find out and heads would roll.

Mind you, I'm not saying I don't want to hear stuff like this.  I do.  But how credible is this source?  Is it someone who can be implicitly trusted or is it someone who could be involved in a big smokescreen?

Keep the info coming though.  I know many of us really appreciate getting the news, good OR bad.

IF Nutt did say this and truly has no intentions of EVER letting Gus do what he was hired to do, it's an extremely sad day for Razorback football.  There's going to have to be some major deep cleaning.

To quote a guy named Jack Napier:

"This town needs an enema!!"

hogstorm

QuoteI know, I was speaking from my point of view, obviously he can't do that.  It just frustrates you that he and his kids were promised certain things and NONE of them are coming true, especially if Dick plays a lot today.  I mean things are coming unravelled and I am apathetic now. 
exactly... we might be nearing the point of no return on some of the kids who have been promised/told certain things that arent happening. 

HognotinMemphis

JFB meddling in game planning and offense structure is bad news. He's meddled enough over the last 15 years and none of it has been to the better for the Hogs. None of it.

JFB is part of the problem now whether anyone wants to face that fact or not.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

artyhog

Just another opportunity for the haters to smear mud.  I can not believe how low people will go to slam Nutt.

hog_fan

Artyhog,

You going to follow Nutt when he leaves? Will that be your new favorite team? It's clear people with your thinking are Nutt fans not Hogs fans. I will never understand the way people defend a man who flat out lied to 7 plus people.

dana caldwell

Quote from: Jim on October 07, 2006, 08:24:03 am
dana,

Thanks for the update.  The one thing that worries me is this...

If this meeting went down the way you said it was relayed to you, don't you think that this source would be quickly identified?  If it's a meeting with HDN, Gus, Alex and all the offensive coaches there, wouldn't it not take much to figure out who leaked this info?

I'd think that with this report getting out on the internet, someone up on the Hill is gonna find out and heads would roll.

Mind you, I'm not saying I don't want to hear stuff like this.  I do.  But how credible is this source?  Is it someone who can be implicitly trusted or is it someone who could be involved in a big smokescreen?

Keep the info coming though.  I know many of us really appreciate getting the news, good OR bad.

IF Nutt did say this and truly has no intentions of EVER letting Gus do what he was hired to do, it's an extremely sad day for Razorback football.  There's going to have to be some major deep cleaning.

To quote a guy named Jack Napier:

"This town needs an enema!!"

i would not have posted this if it risked burning an individual.

more folks know about all this mess than u might imagine. the powers at UA like to jabber. a lot.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: artyhog on October 07, 2006, 08:27:43 am
Just another opportunity for the haters to smear mud.  I can not believe how low people will go to slam Nutt.
I see it as another opportunity for the Hog's to excel, squelched by indecision and ineptness.

94 Hawg

interesting stuff, this will make me want to watch the 2nd half just to see what scheme we use
Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

Sonofahog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 07, 2006, 08:26:14 am
JFB meddling in game planning and offense structure is bad news. He's meddled enough over the last 15 years and none of it has been to the better for the Hogs. None of it.

Frank got us the great facilities.  That is the only argument that can be made on his behalf at this time.  For the second time that I can remember,   I agree with you HiM.   Geez......   now I know the world is coming to and end. 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hog_fan on October 07, 2006, 08:31:10 am
Artyhog,

You going to follow Nutt when he leaves? Will that be your new favorite team? It's clear people with your thinking are Nutt fans not Hogs fans. I will never understand the way people defend a man who flat out lied to 7 plus people.

exactly. For there even to be a hint of that no good SOB saying: "Never as long as Im the coach." Is really really disturbing.

If thats true, he just flat out lied to Gus, Mitch, Damian, Ben, Norman, and London Crawford during the recruiting process.

What a cluster.

I really hope we win this game today but Nutt is our biggest obstacle in winning not #2 Auburn.

artyhog

Quote from: hog_fan on October 07, 2006, 08:31:10 am
Artyhog,

No I am not going anywhere.  You don't know me, so, you can take your hate and go root for another team.  I am a true Hog fan that does not smear teh coaches, team, or program at any time.

If you do not like it, too bad.

hog_fan

I am a true hog fan that supports the team not this coach because a man that can lie to players, Gus, their parents and still be defended is pathetic. This was more then saying we will run the HUNH. A plan was laid out and given to them on how things would run.

Hawgballz

Dana, is this the same source that was "tight with Gus" and provided us with the "real inside story on Gus Malzahn" which turned out to be such a large load of crap that it could not be flushed down a toilet in one flushing.  Come on, post about & enjoy the game today and not your hatered toward Nutt & Broyles.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

artyhog

Quote from: HawgBall06 on October 07, 2006, 08:40:46 am

Dana, is this the same source that was "tight with Gus" and provided us with the "real inside story on Gus Malzahn" which turned out to be such a large load of crap that it could not be flushed down a toilet in one flushing.  Come on, post about & enjoy the game today and not your hatered toward Nutt & Broyles.

I agree completely.

Hugehogsfan

HELL HATH FROZEN!!!!  I agree with HiM, someone shoot me.  NOW!!!!   I would have to completely agree that JFB is just as big a problem as HDN. 

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: stillahog on October 07, 2006, 08:36:42 am

Frank got us the great facilities.  That is the only argument that can be made on his behalf at this time.  For the second time that I can remember,   I agree with you HiM.   Geez......   now I know the world is coming to and end. 

On the contrary, now that you see the light, your life is just beginning.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog_fan

Arty,

Please enlighten me as to why we hired Gus? It obviously wasn't to run his offense and to let him be in charge. Do you think we hired him to get Mitch, Damian, Ben, Andrew? Nutt is making it look like that was the case.