Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone watching the Auburn South Carolina Game Tonignt On Espn?

Started by Mike Shelton, September 28, 2006, 06:12:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Shelton

just curious......... what are u going to be watching for (pretend you are a scout lol )

Oliver

Quote from: Mike Shelton on September 28, 2006, 06:12:45 pm
just curious......... what are u going to be watching for (pretend you are a scout lol )

I'm wandering who to root for.  Sure if Auburn loses we would be first in the SEC West for a week but Auburn is going to kick our as# either way so I wonder if I would rather lose to the #2 team in the nation or the #9 team in the nation next week.

arkjay19

I'm cheering for a good game where the ole' ball coach outcoaches Tuberville, but the overall talent of Auburn takes the game.

Oliver

After that first Auburn drive, I have decided that Kenny Irons will run for 2,000 yards against our defense.

artyhog

I am watching it now.  Auburn got a sack on the first play for So. Car.  Irons is running all over Cockys. Touchdown Aubby. 8:07 remaining in 1st Qrt.

Pignutx32

Is it a pre-requisite that to be a cornerback you have to talk a lot of trash?

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: Pignutx32 on September 28, 2006, 07:14:01 pm
Is it a pre-requisite that to be a cornerback you have to talk a lot of trash?
only if your coaches and the refs wrongly allow it

Pignutx32

I don't know if it's good or bad that S Car looks good against AU.....since we gotta play them both!

Ross U (HDHF)

SC is hanging tough.  I'm impressed with their running game.

bigred7987

I really don't think Auburn is as good as people think but maybe thats just me

pbjones81

Quote from: Pignutx32 on September 28, 2006, 07:18:42 pm
I don't know if it's good or bad that S Car looks good against AU.....since we gotta play them both!

I was thinking the same thing....I know its early, but so far south carolina is beating auburn everywhere but the scoreboard...

Oliver

Quote from: Pignutx32 on September 28, 2006, 07:18:42 pm

Well look at it this way.  There is a 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999999... % chance that we lose to Auburn next week.  I only see about a 50-50 % chance for the South Carolina game right now.  So maybe we should hope SC looks bad. 

pimphog

oinkoink

I don't want to speak too soon, but I think we can move the ball on Auburn.  I think we have a similar offense to SC and they are finding ways.  I'm sure Gus is taking good notes...and I'm sure Houston is watching for the draw up the middle.

oinkoink

I still remember the Auburn D against LSU though, and they looked better than this.

Oliver

oinkoink

Not only did that guy run like a turtle, he hand the hands of a turtle.

Pignutx32

oinkoink

Auburn's D seems out of it tonight.  Thursday games can be hard because of the schedule.  I expect them to be more prepared for us with an extra couple of days and a Saturday game at home.

Oliver

Quote from: Pignutx32 on September 28, 2006, 07:33:22 pm
we will have trouble with SC's QB.

We've had trouble with everybody's quarterback.  Vanderbilt's QB ran around on us like Matt Jones and Alabama's QB could convert a 3rd and 25 play with ease.

The Hog

The better USC looks against Auby the worse for us.  Tommy will put them through one re-focusing week getting ready for us.

Automatic RUN!

oinkoink

You think suckup got any heat growing up because of his name...

Buck Ocean

did anyone see the AU interception on the fade route loft pass to the back of the inzone?? it was intercepted by their linebacker....he knew the fade to the WR would happen.

If he does this with Monk, hit ben cleveland over the middle because their linebacker will fall deep in inzone coverage...as Herbstreit said  "the linebackers did their homework and new that they were going to toss the lob to the wideout"
Think like a Jedi

oinkoink

razorhead69

Pignutx32

that or have mitch put the pass where it is supposed to be.....in the corner to the outside...away from the LB.

jammerhog

HOW SWEET IT WOULD BE TO HAVE A KICKER LIKE SPURRIER 49 YARDS "NO PROBLEM"

oinkoink

Don't want to be a moron, but doesn't Irons seem to be a product of a good offensive line...I don't see much in the way of moves.

TXrazorback

Quote from: oinkoink on September 28, 2006, 07:45:55 pm
Don't want to be a moron, but doesn't Irons seem to be a product of a good offensive line...I don't see much in the way of moves.

He's no Dmac, that's for sure!
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

oinkoink

Arazorbackguy1

Man, this is exactly what we are going to see next week!   They are going to run all over our line
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

oinkoink

pimphog

B Cox is checking off a lot and making good gains.  I hope Mitch can learn to do that soon........

CoachJ

Quote from: Oliver Miller on September 28, 2006, 06:56:14 pm
After that first Auburn drive, I have decided that Kenny Irons will run for 2,000 yards against our defense.

Hopefully Tuberville won't let him play in November, against ASU.

TXrazorback

Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

oinkoink

Here is what I see...an ok QB, an average to above average RB, average receivers, average TE, average fullback, good line, great playcalling...if we can get the line on track, I like our future.

Pignutx32

Playaction fake to Irons to the left....roll out to the right with a pass to a TE that came across from behind the line of scrimmage into the flat on the near side and then in pretty much untouched.

The Hog

Quote from: TXrazorback on September 28, 2006, 07:46:29 pm
Quote from: oinkoink on September 28, 2006, 07:45:55 pm

He's no Dmac, that's for sure!
It is called great blocking by the big guys.  Give them credit because without a good O-line, D Mac becomes ordinary.  No blocking, no yards. 
Automatic RUN!

RockyTop

I don't think Ark. can play with either one. Hogs best chance is to hope for a day game. That place rocks @ night

The Hog

Automatic RUN!

oinkoink

It's hard to root, I am rooting SC but want Auburn to be undefeated in case we have a flawless game.

Pignutx32

If SC can continue to move the ball, this will be one heck of a ball game.

oinkoink

We all know what is going to happen...SC holds close but Auburn wins by 10. 

pimphog

Auburn will make adjustments at the half and dominate offensively in the 2nd half........

Hudge

Auburn 14 SC 10 at the Half. I think we might be in trouble against both these teams.